• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

R/S/E Monotype Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saberu

;252; Grassive Passive Day Three ;252;

I trained my grovyle and shroomish on cycling road after beating Brendan yesterday. I had made it to Mauville, hoping to see the Bard but seeing the Storyteller instead. :| Fury cutter helped a lot against all those cyclists' magnemites.

After beating all the trainers in Wattson's gym, all the ones on routes 117 and 118, all the ones on cycling road, and two volbeat and a zigzagoon, my shroomish evolved.

Wattson battle!

Wattson sent out magnemite. Skriaa (breloom) used mach punch. Magnemite fainted.
Wattson sent out voltorb. Skriaa used leech seed. Skriaa used mach punch. Voltorb fainted.
Wattson sent out magneton. Skriaa used mach punch. Magneton used thunder wave. Skriaa managed to use mach punch again. Magneton fainted.

Badge Get!!

So, now I'm heading back to Dewford with my shiny new breloom, hoping to defeat Brawly once and for all.

My team:

;253; ShihaShiha, level 28
Pound - used on things I can't kill with other moves
Fury cutter - perhaps my most useful move. Used on those annoying poochyena and the cyclists' damn magnemites.
Absorb - STAB move
Rock Tomb - used on fire and flying types. Too bad its accuracy is so low.

;286; Skriaa, level 23
Mach punch - finally, something to defeat steels!
Mega drain - pure STAB plus coverage against waters
something else
Flash (which I still can't use)

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
I started a water monotype a while ago on Sapphire when I was bored so I started on it again the other day.

So far I've just beat Winona and my team is:

Marshtomp Lv. 33
Lombre Lv. 32
Poliwhirl Lv. 33 [TRADE 1] (Traded as a Lv. 5 Poliwag)
Octillery Lv. 32 [TRADE 2] (Traded as a Lv. 5 Remoraid)
Gyarados Lv. 23 (Just caught as a Lv. 19 Magikarp)

I'm currently hunting a Feebas (can't trade for one otherwise I go over the trade limit). When I get Poliwhirl to Lv. 35 I'm gonna evolve him into Politoed which I'm hoping doesn't count as a trade. If it does, too bad. I may swap Marshtomp for a Huntail/Gorebyss/Starmie/Seadra/Corsola. Not sure yet.

Saberu

;252; Crass Grass Day Four ;252;

I caught a lotad at route 114, which promptly evolved into lombre. I used up one of my trades on teaching it some moves on Emerald later. I ran through Meteor Falls, chased Team Aqua to Mt. Chimney, and tried to take on Archie but was stopped by his golbat. ****ing wing attack. Even rock tomb wasn't enough to take it out. (that's why I traded for some moves, you see.)

The Team:

ones from before plus

;271; Skiff, level 21
Nature power
ice beam
waterfall
dive

Yes, I really spoiled it. :p

Flannery was easier with my grass team than she was with my water team. Hm. I trained a lot for Norman, because I lost the first time. (or was about to lose when I soft reseted.) Norman finally fell to mach punch. Slaking's ability helped me a lot.

Double badge get!!

Oh, and in the debate of cradily or cacturne, I chose cacturne. I caught a little adamant female cacnea, named her something I can't remember, and was on my way.

Edit # 2: my team has been completed!

Last edited:

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
Just a small addition to above, I finally found a Feebas tile (all 6 of the tiles were in the last 15 tiles I searched. >_>) and caught a modest female Feebas.

My team is now:
Marshtomp Lv. 33
Lombre Lv. 33
Poliwhirl Lv. 33 [TRADE 1] (Traded as a Lv. 5 Poliwag)
Octillery Lv. 33 [TRADE 2] (Traded as a Lv. 5 Remoraid)
Gyarados Lv. 33
Milotic Lv. 33

Saberu

Winnona was a real pain. I used up my second trade on a few levels for my breloom so now he's level 49. His sky uppercut took out all of Winnona's Pokémon. Phew.
Now I'm training my otherwise-underleveled team to at least level 35 before I challenge the next gym. Besides, I have to stock up on ultra balls for Kyogre.

Jurrit

<--Bends Your Spoons
Starting out with a Mono 'Green' Team.

I'll post the first report later today.

and I'm off!!

Team:

1. Treeco (Lvl 10)
2. Seedot (Lvl 8)
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

Wish me luck!

EDIT: After a search I found a SEEDOT!!, yeah!

Last edited:

Saberu

Allright, I made it to Mossdeep and took out Tate and Lisa's Pokémon with leaf blade. My grovyle had evolved shortly before. My breloom attempted lunatone with sky uppercut, but Lunatone survived and was healed. :( So, that's how my underleveled sceptile won me a gym battle.
Badge get, man!
So, now I'm on a wild goose chase with Team Aqua. Thankfully, I've done it so many times that I more or less remember my way around.
I was fighting Shelly's mightyena with my sceptile. I put down my gameboy for a second, and before I knew it sceptile was on red health and mightyena was taking recoil damage! What move did it use?

My team:

;254; ShihaShiha
Strength (I'll delete it soon)
Fury cutter (I love this move)
Leaf Blade (for carvanha and friends)
rock tomb (to combat flying types)

;286; Skriaa
mind reader
mega drain
sky uppercut
(reserved for dynamicpunch)

;271; Skiff
Nature power
Ice Beam
Waterfall
Dive

;357; Whoosh
aerial ace (I love this move, too)
Razor leaf (few are left standing after this)
Stomp (meh.)
Fly

;332; Kihru (I finally remembered!)
Moveset far from what I want it to be, so I've forgotten that now.

Edit: I'm now in front of Kyogre, considering whether to SR for a shiny one or not. I'll probably do that for rayquaza, actually. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
I also started a grass monotype challenge in Emerald and the team is pretty much the same as Saberu's but I'll probably replace Cacturne with a Vileplume. Well, Cacturne would have better type (Grass/Dark), so I'll consider. Hopefully I'll find a good Tropius fast. Roxanne just got beaten, I returned the Devon Goods and saved in front of Petalburg Pokécenter. This is my team so far:

Treecko lvl 13, Hardy neture
Lombre lvl 15, Gentle nature
Shroomish lvl 14, Lax Nature
Marill the Slave

Last edited:

Saberu

Well, I regret it a little, but I restarted.
I realize I wasn't enjoying it as I wanted.
So, I started a normal type challenge, but changed to bug part-way through. I've been wanting to use masquerain and volbeat on a team, for some reason.
I found a cascoon and caught it. It evolved into dustox shortly after.
I caught a surskit. It was like my tropius, the first Pokémon I found when looking for it.
How odd.
My team:
;269; Mothra (Her planned name, anyway) level 10
Harden
Confusion

;283; Skitter, level 3
Bubble

I used up my first trade on TM water pulse. I'm going to teach it to surskit soon.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Well, loads has happened since last time.

I defeated Team Aqua's hideout, and went to Mossdeep. Liza and Tate were easy, because of tyhe type I was using. I went to the underwater cavern, and defeated Archie. Then, I caught Kyogre, and defeated Wallace. Too easy. Finally, I destroyed Victory Road, only using Sharpedo.

And now, I am about to face the Elite Four....

My Team:

;262; (Chewy), Lvl 55
Crunch
Strength
Hidden Power (Bug)
Swagger

;302; (Slick), Lvl 50
Shadow Ball
Faint Attack
Psychic
Fake Out

;332; (McAbre), Lvl 50
Needle Arm
Giga Drain
Faint Attack
Leech Seed

;319; (G.T.Auto), Lvl 50
Surf
Crunch
Ice Beam
Earthquake

;342; (Mikey J), Lvl 50
Surf
Blizzard
Strength
Brick Break

;359; (Abysswift), Lvl 50
Shadow Ball
Aerial Ace
ThunderBolt
Swords Dance

Wish me luck...

Saberu

Well, after a lucky water pulse, I defeated Roxanne. I trained a bit for Brawly, saved Peeko, and headed to Dewford. I defeated all the trainers in the gym before Brawly fell to a lucky confusion. (critical hit. :))

I delivered the letter to Steven, searched for TM sludge bomb and failed, and tried to find a suitable HM slave. I'll use zigzagoon for now. (which is too bad, because I love zigzagoon.)

I nicknamed Mothra, so now she will be my Japanese moth monster. I'm about to face Team Aqua.

My team:

;269; Mothra, level 20
Confusion
Gust
Protect
moonlight

;283; Skitter, level 16-19
water pulse
bubble
quick attack
sweet scent

Plus a random nincada I picked up awhile back.

Last edited:
This is the second update of my adventure. I totally forgot one of my favorite Grass Pokémon, Roselia. I was in a perfect situation in Sapphire to catch one from Route 128 and transfer her to Emerald. She was around the same level as my other Pokémon were at that point. She replaced Vileplume, which I really didn't like anyways. Wattson was a piece of cake, but Brawly was quite hard because of my underleveled Pokémon. I went to Slateport, defeated Team Aqua and returned to kick Brawly's behind. I'll probably update again after beating Roxanne. My team so far (only Tropius missing):

Grovyle lvl 24, Hardy neture
Lombre lvl 24, Gentle nature
Breloom lvl 23, Lax Nature
Roselia lvl 25, Calm nature
Marill the Slave

guizaum

Teh Golduck Freak
Hey,it's like 4 people playing mono ground!!!!

I caught a Numel and i'm training right now *coughboringcough*

TEAM

Marshtomp lvl 30

Numel lvl 18

Sableye lvl 10(HMSlavepwnsuall)

firelovindocker

well im gonna do a FIGHTING MONOTYPE
so far...
torchic: lvl 8
shroomish: lvl 5
YAAAAAYYYYY

encas

Come to me...
Today I decided to begin a Flying-type monotype challenge. So far I'm in Petalburg Forest, and have only one Pokemon in my party, albeit a well-leveled one. That'll change though, as I'm looking for a Silcoon at the moment.

Essentials:

Manolo (Wingull, Male) Level 8

encas

Come to me...
Today I decided to begin a Flying-type monotype challenge. So far I'm in Petalburg Forest, and have only one Pokemon in my party, albeit a well-leveled one. That'll change though, as I'm looking for a Silcoon at the moment.

Essentials:

Manolo (Wingull, Male) Level 8

Saberu

^ your signature quote is ultimate win.

Anyway, I'm restarting Sapphire, again, to begin a rock/ground dualtype challenge. Ground and rock are types I've overlooked for so long. Of course, I'll have a long period in the middle to soft reset for shiny Kyogre, but the rest should come along quickly.
Meow.
My planned team:
Swampert
Flygon
quagsire
camerupt
Lunatone (the only rock one, you might notice, and I'll teach it earthquake.)
linoone (my second favorite HM slave - at least I get to use it, right?)

Also, I've decided to use only female and genderless Pokémon, unless they're shiny. I have nothing against males, but I want to make this more challenging.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I'm back.

I totally neglected my last mono-type, and then restarted it to do a scramble challenge. I then neglected that, and decided to come back to this, because I like to pick my own teams.

This time I'm going to try a poison team!
Since it's so late and I have school tomorrow, I can't start it now, but I will tomorrow and then update this then.

guizaum

Teh Golduck Freak
Hey y'all......

The Ground mono is down...I have 3 monos going.Doing in this order:

Edit:Quitting Mono Ground and Mono Normal.I'll keep them on the ROM for playing in the future

-FR Poison Mono
-RSE Water Mono(My new Mono)
-RSE Dual Type Mono(New one) (Fire and Dragon)
-FR Psychic Mono(Maybe after Poison)

Alrighty,i'll use my Fire Red and Emerald cartridge to play Poison(ongoing) and Dual Type(Starting later)

THE ALMIGTHY DUAL TYPE CHALLENGE OFFICIALY STARTED!!!!

So i started with Torchic,which i called Burn Chick.I beat May at lvl 9 and got to Petalburg.Trained in the forest and evolved Torchic.Beat Roxanne and now i'm training

TEAM

;256;Combusken lvl 18

-Double Kick
-Cut
-Ember
-Rock Tomb

Last edited:

Eri

scatter joy
Ahaha, I'm going to do an Electric challenge on my Ruby.

Seeing as I can't trade, it's going to be a little while before I can get an Electric type, though. :/ Ah well.

My team's going to be:

Manectric
Plusle or Minun (not sure yet; does it even matter which I pick? XD)
Magneton
Electrode
Raichu
Lanturn

I have a feeling this is going to be really tough. Any tips or advice? Wish me luck. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.