• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo

Dual Psychic Trainer
Well, I recently got a Bold natured Milotic with Hypnosis, and I'm just evolving Pokes I have in my box so that I can get the Johto starters!

F

Finnmonster

rest only lasts for two turns... how did it stay for four turns???
Rayquaza was faster than my Skarmory, you see? Rayquaza tried to use Rest before I hadn't even damaged it. In that same turn, after Rayquaza tried to use Rest, I used Steel Wing, and dragon took some damage. Next turn Rayquaza used Rest again and fell asleep.

Oh, wait, Rayquaza woke up right before I catched it with Great Ball. Now there should be only two Rest-rounds left. Are you satisfied?

Last edited by a moderator:
trained my grass type team up also going to use cacturne, tropius and sceptile to beat tate and liza

Returning to Emerald after who knows how long, and in a total training frenzy. XD's given me an interest in Double Battling, so my current trainee is a Minun(to be followed by a Plusle). One of them's gonna have Hidden Power Grass, and the other, Hidden Power Ice. Then, I'll put them in XD and battle to my heart's content:D.
Planned nicknames, Sum(Plusle) and Difference(Minun). Very clever, IMHO.

Planned obtaining: Breeding with Male Kecleon to get Baby with Substitute and Hidden Power(will teach Kecleon and Plusle both that). Will find out the IVs of the offspring, and then breed the best Male and Female together. Does the Passing-Down-IVs-Glitch work in Emerald? Also, breeding for Timid or Modest of each. Both are recommended Natures. I think I'll hatch the two at the Sky Pillar, just because it's cool there. Or maybe......Ah, I dunno XD.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
Does the Passing-Down-IVs-Glitch work in Emerald?
The IV overwrite glitch when Breeding was fixed in Emerald. Now any Pokémon you breed will inherit exactly 3 random IVs from either parent, while the remaining 3 will be generated randomly.

Right now, I gave a short rest to Emerald. I restarted Colosseum and I'm stuck on Dakim (Nature hunting. x_x), and since Emerald lacks good in-game Training places, and since 99% of the Secret Bases I have use some 00ber (No problem with Rayquaza or even Groudon. But Mewtwo, Lugia and Kyogre are a PAIN!), I'm playing through LeafGreen in a fast way so I can Trade my Emerald Team and train it there. It'll also save me the hassle of gathering BPs to get Rock Slide onto Pinsir. :D

The last thing I did was to play a bit in the Battle Frontier. Won two rounds at the Battle Dome Open Level, and one round at the Battle Arena Open Level. I'm also planning on training a Vaporeon, a Poliwrath and an Omastar later on...

Last edited:

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
am currently breeding a serious male beedrill with flawless speed with an adamant female heracross holding everstone with flawless attack.

wcgold

While looking through my Ruby version's box, I found my Marshtomp and Swampert that were traded from the same original trainer in my Sapphire version. I assumed Marshtomp was the child of Swampert, but when I looked at the summaries, Marshtomp's memo said "BASHFUL nature, Lv5, ROUTE 117 (met).", while Swampert's said "CALM nature, Lv5, ROUTE 101 (met)." This is impossible. The Marshtomp has to say '(egg)' in the memo, both can't be met in the same file, since they're starter Pokémon. And no, I haven't used a cheating device.

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
I got an adamant female heracross with guts ability with flawless attack & speed on the 4th hatching which concludes part 2 of 4 of my heracross chain-breeding project. Next will be breeding a lonely heracross with flawless speed with a naughty ditto with flawless attack and speed. the female will need to be raised to level 55 so it can learn megahorn at least.

F

Flying Tropius

My Regi trio is completed! my metang evolved (now Metagross) I am training my Zelda(Gardievoir) 1st pokemon I caught

SlwaBluPhnx

Left just ledyba, miltank, quagsire, remoroid, octillery, stantler to catch the johto poke. Got a 27 IV modest Kyogre. Goin for thunder-calmmind-icebeam-waterspout. Then to beat steven, the catching a feebas then resetting for a 31 IV adamant beldum whilst groving beries.

BTW, ray probably used two rests but Finnmonster didn't saw that.

Mine was, ice beam, it flies, fly catch in the air.

BREAKING NEWS! JUST SAW LATIOS!!! WHILE TRYING TO SPREAD POKERUS TO MY KYOGRE A LATIOS! THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I SEE A LATI@S FIRST TIME IN ROUTE 121! I should stop the caps now. I had three games and all are route 121 . . . besides these things happen to me. I never had a male starter . . .

Last edited:
F

Finnmonster

BTW, ray probably used two rests but Finnmonster didn't saw that.
Eh, now I'm confused. You mean that when Ray woke up, it used Rest again right away? So...

It means that Ray used Rest three times in total: first time Rest didn't work because Ray's HP was full, second time Rest worked because Ray had taken damage, and third time after I had thrown Pokéball, Ray woke up and used Rest. Wait, Ray didn't recover HP. Maybe it tried to attack me and missed. Ahh, what a headache...

SlwaBluPhnx

yeah thats it.

Just beat steven and wasted 20 ultraballs to a bagon. I wanna catch the regis right now so I'm off.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Hooray , first time in my Emerald game I won the lotto ;D My Ludicolo matched 2 numbers and got a PP up ;D

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
raised a L5 heracross up to L47 after facing a gardevoir base and the blissey base twice while holding lucky egg, now EV training for attack then speed.

xXSaberXx

xxxXsightless
LOLWUT Been a long time since I posted here.

OKAY SO.

-Beat Tucker (Silver Symbol) With my Team of: Zapdos, Salamence, and Lapras. FIRST VICTORY IN BF! Whoo!

-Changed Secret Base to the small Island off the Bridge by Lanette's House.

-Won lottery and got a PP Up

:D

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
finished EV training heracross and got it up to level 53 so it can learn megahorn, now EV training zapdos, shall continue with the heracross chain-breeding soon.

O

Obiwan Shinobi

I just beat Salon Maiden Anabel.

Edit: I just lost to Tucker :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Expert Evan

Old Fogey
zapdos is now fully EV trained and at level 60, have gone on to step 3 in the heracross chain-breeding process for a male heracross, any nature, flawless attack & speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.