• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

R/S/E v.s. FR/LG

R/S/E or FR/LG

• R/S/E

Votes: 190 64.8%
  • FR/LG

Votes: 103 35.2%

• Total voters
Gym Leaders that are actually hard - R/S/E had tough Gym Leaders like Flannery, Norman, Winona. Those were hard battles, with that Torkoal spamming Attract, and that Slaking, and that goddamn Altaria.
Did you just say that Slaking was hard?!? It is super easy if you use a pelliper that knows protect. just protect whenever it can attack.

Pokemon4Ever

Innocent Bystander
It's a close one when comparing RS to FRLG, but Emerald owns them all, so RSE gets my vote. FRLG are good games, but bad as remakes imo. RS's only major flaws comes from its somewhat low replay value, lack of Kanto and Johto Pokemon, and the omission of the time of day. Otherwise, I love the Hoenn region and Emerald was all I could have asked for in a remake of two otherwise fine games.

denizenofevil

FR/LG . Those were the games that redeemed the third generation for me. I disliked everything else.

Night Avenger

Rust In Peace
Emerald. And just Emerald, not Ruby/Sapphire.

FireRed/LeafGreen were awesome but kinda slow, I dunno.

Zorkzedork

I liked FR better but I would have liked it more if they added more new features(Contests,Secret Bases, More 2vs2 Battles etc.)

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
I still prefer R/S/E beacuse it had more variety in enviroments.
FR/LG was good, but I kinda got lost in what to do after the Pokemon Tower in Lavender. IMO, Kanto routes are kinda... bland and same-looking all region round.

Lufiji

R/S/E, easily. FR/LG felt really out-dated to me, the sprites didn't look as good as R/S/E's, (most of) the music wasn't as good as R/S/E's and I felt that the game went alot slower than R/S/E as well.

Not to mention R/S/E's far superior environments and the battle tower.

Last edited:

bulber

Prof. Pokerus
I loved r/s/e, but my heart goes to fr/lg. They were amazing remakes and they left me in anticipation for Hg/Ss. I think I'll like HG/SS more than D/P/Pt.

pokman

Resident Wanderer
I liked the R/S/E pokemon alot more.

Although, FR/LG seemed less bland route/land-wise to me.

Jibakushin

Grass pokemon Master
I like R/S/E more than FR/LG because there was more to do other than battling like contests and decorating secert bases.

Sir-Aero

Soul of Silver
R/S/E Indeed! Though we got the Gen 1 nostalgia in FR/LG there just wasn't enough post-game features to enjoy.

Skull_Kid

Meme Lover:P
No matter how much i like Kanto, the remakes were not as awesome as emerald was, so, my vote goes to RSE.
The lack of contests and berry planting was a major failure in FR/LG