• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

R4 Malfunctioning-- help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyMiir

Nat. Dex COMPLETE!!!
I have had an R4 card + MicroSD card for about a year (the R4 card is a "R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS" (the site provided on the R4 card is LINK REMOVED, and the microSD card is a Sandisk one) which I have been using to play (mainly) Pokemon Platinum, and have established a complete National Dex on that game, as well as a box of shinies and event Pokemon. Recently, I've been playing HGSS more, so neglected Platinum... then when I went to turn on Platinum for some reason, I put in the R4 like normal but the screen froze on the game selection screen.

The DS itself is working fine, and I can access the sav files on my laptop. But I cannot play the game on the DS.

Someone told me it was a formatting error and I need to reformat the files, someone else says it's a firmware problem and I need to update the R4's tech. I don't know too much about flashcarts and I'm really unsure what to do. Where do I get the right software/updates? How do I go about updating my card? If I update, will I lose my save file data (which would be a disaster)?

Will I have to buy a new R4...? (and where would I go to buy one in London, other than online?) If I did, and transferred the save file over, would the save file be okay? Would it be missing data, or would the problem still exist?

Thanks and sorry for the bombardment of questions,
Miir

Last edited by a moderator:

Ammako

The only solution is to throw away your R4, because R4 are crappy.
Plus you aren't allowed to talk about it on this forum.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Don't discuss ROMs. They're illegal for a reason. Read the Rules.

*Closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.