• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rabbit Ears (PalletShipping one-shot, G)

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Hey guys & dolls! This is my first ever PalletShipping fic, so please, be kind to it ^_^; It’s just a tiny little one-shot, based on an idea my sister gave me.

Disclaimer: Pokémon, all names & everything in relation, is the property of Satoshi Tajiri and his underlings affiliates.

Title: Rabbit Ears
Author: Tadashi
Archive: you’re looking at it
Rating: G
Pairing/s: Ash x Gary (PalletShipping)
Word Count: 605

So guys, enjoy!

"What are you doing?"

A slightly perturbed Gary had been disturbed from his book. And he wasn’t particularly pleased about it.

"Do you know what this means, Gary?"

A sigh.

"You’re standing behind me, making rabbit ears in the back of my head. There’s no meaning to it."

Having put the matter firmly to rest, Gary returned to his book.

"There is a meaning to it! And it doesn’t mean 'rabbit ears', either."

This time, Gary placed his finger over the line he was reading.

"Ash, the only meaning here is that you’re interrupting me while I’m at the best part of my book. Why don’t you find something to entertain yourself?"

No sooner had he turned his eyes back to his page, that there came a reply.

"… Wanna know what it means?"

Gary kept his eyes firmly on his page.

"You know, I’ve read the same line three times in the past minute."

Silence.

"Fine." The book snaps shut. "Fine, Ash, I’ll humor you. Since this seems to be more urgent than any event that you could possibly conjure up for the sole purpose of distracting me while I’m reading the best part of Twilight, I’ll listen to your babble. What, o almighty Pokémon Master, does the rabbit ears gesture mean?"

"… Turn around and kiss me."

"I beg your pardon?"

Gary whirled around in his chair, this time fully facing Ash.

"What did you just say to me?"

"That’s what it means!" There was a slight defiance in Ash’s voice.

The two stared at each other for a minute. A full, agonizingly long minute of tense, soul searing silence.

Then… laughter.

"That’s the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard you say! And I’ve heard some whoppers, trust me!"

Gary was clutching his sides while peels of laughter rang throughout the room.

The reaction was instant. A full, bottom-lipped pout, puffed out fishlike cheeks, and a look of sheer indignation.

"I'm telling you, it’s true!"

Gary wiped away a tear of laughter. "Really? And where did you obtain your information, if I may be so bold?"

"… Well… don’t laugh, but the kids down the street told me."

This was too much for poor Gary. The laughter was abrupt, explosive, and sardonic.

"Y-you’ve gotta be kidding me! I can’t b-believe you listened to a bunch of five-year old kids! Actually, yes I c-can! Oh man! T-this is too much!"

"I told you not to laugh!" With that, Ash abruptly left the room.

A few seconds after Ash had left, Gary finally settled down. His book (he’d dropped it while having his fit of laughter) lay on the floor near his foot. It would be easy to pick up the book and resume his reading.

No sooner had the thought crossed his mind, that he felt a pang of guilt. Yes, he had ridded himself of Ash’s distraction, but he’d also upset his longtime rival without even meaning to.

With the smallest of sighs, Gary pushed himself off his chair and walked out of the room.

"… What are you doing?"

This time, it was Ash who posed the question. The irritation was obvious in his voice.

"You have to turn around. That’s how it goes, right?"

"… What?"

Without even turning to face Gary, it was plainly obvious to Ash that the brunette was making that rabbit ears gesture behind him.

"I thought you said it was stupid."

“I never used the word 'stupid', Ash. But I’m pretty sure those kids might’ve pulled one over on you."

He was silenced by a quick, chaste kiss.

"Hey, you fell for it too."

OWARI!

D’aww, ain’t it sweet? It’ll rot your teeth clean out if you don’t floss every day.

Hope you guys enjoyed! C+C is greatly appreciated! ^^

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
Hey there Tadashi!!!

Nice fic!!! I am actually pretty amazed! You're a really good writer!! XD

The rabbit ear thing was cute at the end. :3 And the beginning. :3 and the whole thing. XD I liked how Gary was reading Twilight. That was pretty cool right there.

The kiss itself could have used a little more description. Somehow in a split second, Ash had turned around and they are somehow kissing. Maybe a little of "Ash turned around and stood up"?

but otherwise it was great! XD

~riolulu <33

ChloboShoka

Writer
Very adorable Tadashi, yay for more palletshipping fics. XD Gary reading twilght and I love Ash's characteraction. I was laughing on the part where is says turn around and kiss me.

I would have loved more details on the kiss as well, but overall a very lovely little fic that made my day completely.

"… Turn around and kiss me."

"I beg your pardon?"

Gary whirled around in his chair, this time fully facing Ash.

"What did you just say to me?"

"That’s what it means!" There was a slight defiance in Ash’s voice.

The two stared at each other for a minute. A full, agonizingly long minute of tense, soul searing silence.

Then… laughter.

This was my absolute favorite part. Cute, funny and sweet. <3

Last edited: