• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Racial Profiling and Police Brutality

First, where did it provide the definition? Please quote the relevant portion to show where it was.

Second, it is entirely clear that the systemic racism is based on the general definition of racism, not truly distinct from it.

Third, racism that is not systemic still matters. If hate crimes matter when they are directed against gays, they matter when they are against black people and white people. Hate crimes as a whole are not systemic. Hate crimes do get prosecuted as such today.

Fourth, I have no idea what "you do you though" means, nor do I get what that pic means. And are you mocking the idea that AegisCalibur said something excellent, or being so biased that you think his "hive mind" comment was somehow in error?

Fifth and finally, I note that you failed to address most of my post.

It looks like I'll have to apologize. The link in fact did not give it's definition of racism. I'm sorry for that, yet I still see your complaint as inconsequential. The post was arguing in favor of a sociological definition of racism instead of a dictionary one. I imagine you already know what a sociological definition of racism looks like, considering it's only been gone over by myself and Blaze a million times. If you scratched your head and wondered "Huh, I wonder what a sociological definition of racism is?" you could of just googled it instead using the lack of one given as a way to undermine the point of the article.

I also apologize that I didn't respond to all of your comments. It's bad form. However, in order to respond to most of what you say, I'd have to take most of the things you say seriously. Which I don't. If you can't or won't wrap your head around or come to terms with sociological definitions of racism for whatever silly reason, then at the very least just admit that being white in this country is absolutely nothing like being black, or Native American, or Latino, or any other minority. Stop acting like you experience discrimination and injustice on an equal scale. It's wrong. It's beyond wrong. It's completely backwards, warped, ****ed up and racist.

Last edited:
This is why minorities don't trust white people, because no matter what, when a minority dies at the hands of a white person you will go on epic, fantastic journeys to justify the murder of a minority. (ESPECIALLY if that minority was a black person)
So...you're saying we should be like lots of people after the shooting of Trayvon Martin, who said that George Zimmerman obviously murdered this kid because of his skin color? Because--guess what?--that's what you sound like. I note particularly the unqualified use of "you" in that sentence. What you (and I mean you personally) are saying is that stereotyping is okay when certain people do it.

Let that sink in.

Oh, and you didn't respond to several different posts I made which addressed yours.

It looks like I'll have to apologize. The link in fact did not give it's definition of racism. I'm sorry for that, yet I still see your complaint as inconsequential. The post was arguing in favor of a sociological definition of racism instead of a dictionary one. I imagine you already know what a sociological definition of racism looks like, considering it's only been gone over by myself and Blaze a million times. If you scratched your head and wondered "Huh, I wonder what a sociological definition of racism is?" you could of just googled it instead using the lack of one given as a way to undermine the point of the article.

I also apologize that I didn't respond to all of your comments. It's bad form. However, in order to respond to most of what you say, I'd have to take most of the things you say seriously. Which I don't. If you can't or won't wrap your head around or come to terms with sociological definitions of racism for whatever silly reason, then at the very least just admit that being white in this country is absolutely nothing like being black, or Native American, or Latino, or any other minority. Stop acting like you experience discrimination and injustice on an equal scale. It's wrong. It's beyond wrong. It's completely backwards, warped, ****ed up and racist.

I'm not acting like I'm experiencing discrimination and injustice on any kind of scale. I'm debating flawed, biased logic and massive exaggerations. Those are things that, judging from your posts in the various religion debates, you ordinarily take very seriously.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow

I'm not sure I understand you're logic. As I said, many fake guns look like real guns and from a distance a police suspects it is real so their doing their job protect themselves. Even if the victim was white and carrying a toy gun the police officer would of done the same thing. If I was a police officer and I saw someone carrying a gun and suspected it to be a real gun then I'd tell them to put the gun down. If they don't, I'd slowly start pulling my gun out for protection and if they aim the gun at me (toy or not) I'm shooting them (I obviously wouldn't do this if I knew for a fact the gun was fake, but if I suspected it to be real I'd shoot). As LDSman said, you only aim a gun at someone if you plan to shoot. Toy gun or not, you shouldn't be walking around with it not to mention not put it down when told so, instead aim it at the cop like you were gonna shoot them. The officer did what ANY officer would of done. If he would of listened to the cop and just put the toy gun down nothing would of happened.

The 2nd Amendment applies to EVERYONE, it's just you can't walk around carrying a gun so no it doesn't only apply to whites. If the state you live in doesn't have OPEN CARRY then you CAN'T have a GUN out PERIOD, but if the state ALLOWS open carry then you MUST have the GUN in a HOLSTER and you MUST have a PERMIT. NEVER can you WALK around with a GUN IN YOUR HANDS! If the state has CONCEALED CARRY, how hard is it to conceal your weapon toy gun or not? Concealing the gun in a concealed carry state means you can carry a gun if you have a permit and not only does concealing your gun make law enforcers and citizens fear you less it also keeps you out of TROUBLE. Carrying a gun IN YOUR HANDS will only lead to issues with the law, and that goes for ANYBODY! You know nothing about the 2nd Amendment and American laws with guns. If you did you would't of made an ignorant comment like that.

This whole argument is absurd. A black man is talking on the phone, the police tell him to put down his gun and then shoot him down because he doesn't put down the toy gun (which a reasonable person would assume that he didn't comply because he was talking on the phone and didn't realize anyone was talking to him).

Again, the officer suspected it was real and its illegal to carry a gun in your hands, I don't get why you don't understand this. Why wouldn't he of heard the officer? Last time I checked officers yell at a tone that can be heard so he most likely heard the officer but felt the need to ignore him instead of listening to the officers commands.

This is why minorities don't trust white people, because no matter what, when a minority dies at the hands of a white person you will go on epic, fantastic journeys to justify the murder of a minority. (ESPECIALLY if that minority was a black person)

I'm literally laughing at how racist you are. Saying you can't trust whites makes you seen incredibly racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM4kyiHSY2w]Let me guess, you're going to call this officer racist too cause he shot a black dude? Before you do pay close attention to the video. As you can see the cop shot him right? Why? It's simple, look at his right hand when he hits the ground. He had a concealed handgun in his pants so he was planning on shooting the officer. If he wouldn't have attempted a slick move like that he'd probably still be alive today, but his bad choices left the officer with no choice but to shoot. Take note this is in Chicago so it's illegal to carry a gun period concealed or open. Chicago has their gun laws *** backwards.

Last edited:

Silver Soul

Wow, you really REALLY have no idea. Fox News considered a Black Panther in Philly letting people in to vote to be more scary than Cliven Bundy's gang pointing their rifles at people and they were being hailed as heroes! Or better yet, the same news organization and along other right wing outlets try to paint a certain color as a thug generally even if the guy was dead and unarmed.

And you know why there are so many guns out there? Well, you can thank the NRA for the support of Stand Your Ground laws AND Open Carry. It's quite naive to say it's for the 2nd Amendment when arm dealers profit from it.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Wow, you really REALLY have no idea. Fox News considered a Black Panther in Philly letting people in to vote to be more scary than Cliven Bundy's gang pointing their rifles at people and they were being hailed as heroes! Or better yet, the same news organization and along other right wing outlets try to paint a certain color as a thug generally even if the guy was dead and unarmed.

You really REALLY have no idea that I could care less about Fox, CBS, MSNBC, NBC, CNN, etc news, **** all of them. With you it's always Fox news this, Fox news that, like it's the worst news station when it's not. I assume you watch MSNBC right? Fox is more right wing and MSNBC is full blown left wing. Maybe you should consider watching all news stations instead of one and maybe you'd see why my position stands and why I don't watch the news. Also why must you bring up idiotic arguments like this?? I don't agree with it but you saying I have no idea about whatever is completely false. I'm more aware of America's guns rights than you are.

And you know why there are so many guns out there? Well, you can thank the NRA for the support of Stand Your Ground laws AND Open Carry. It's quite naive to say it's for the 2nd Amendment when arm dealers profit from it.

So I'm guessing you're anti-gun? That's fine, in respect of your opinion I wouldn't protect you with my guns during a home invasion if I was your neighbor. The NRA is not the reason why people have guns, you're just trying to find a way to make the NRA look bad because you're anti-gun. Not every gun owner is a member of the NRA or even cares about the NRA, and I'm one of them. Why shouldn't there be open carry? I bet if every state allowed open carry the crime rate would drop drastically. The anti-gun mentality is why Chicago is the way it is. The crime rate sky rocketed after they made the laws stricter. But you can believe what you want.

LDSman

So much is wrong with this statement.

Wow, you really REALLY have no idea. Fox News considered a Black Panther in Philly letting people in to vote to be more scary than Cliven Bundy's gang pointing their rifles at people and they were being hailed as heroes!
The Black Panthers weren't there to let people vote but were there to intimidate white voters.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...-who-got-off-for-voter-intimidation-arrested/
Check out the other things that fellow has said about white people and tell me he's not racist!

Or better yet, the same news organization and along other right wing outlets try to paint a certain color as a thug generally even if the guy was dead and unarmed.
Once again, being "unarmed" does not mean you can't beat someone to death or somehow take away their weapon. The video of the strong arm robbery casts doubt on the "gentle giant" narrative the rest of the media is hyping and gives a reason why a fight might have started.

And you know why there are so many guns out there? Well, you can thank the NRA for the support of Stand Your Ground laws AND Open Carry.
Minorities also benefit from SYG laws.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...cks-benefit-most-from-stand-your-ground-laws/

And the number of guns continue to rise while the number of gun murders falls. And there are more self defense uses of guns than there are criminal uses.

It's quite naive to say it's for the 2nd Amendment when arm dealers profit from it.
And Democratic senators in CA benefit from gun control laws. Your point? People find a way to make money. Selling guns, when you follow the many, many laws, is legal.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand you're logic. As I said, many fake guns look like real guns and from a distance a police suspects it is real so their doing their job protect themselves. Even if the victim was white and carrying a toy gun the police officer would of done the same thing. If I was a police officer and I saw someone carrying a gun and suspected it to be a real gun then I'd tell them to put the gun down. If they don't, I'd slowly start pulling my gun out for protection and if they aim the gun at me (toy or not) I'm shooting them (I obviously wouldn't do this if I knew for a fact the gun was fake, but if I suspected it to be real I'd shoot). As LDSman said, you only aim a gun at someone if you plan to shoot. Toy gun or not, you shouldn't be walking around with it not to mention not put it down when told so, instead aim it at the cop like you were gonna shoot them. The officer did what ANY officer would of done. If he would of listened to the cop and just put the toy gun down nothing would of happened.

The 2nd Amendment applies to EVERYONE, it's just you can't walk around carrying a gun so no it doesn't only apply to whites. If the state you live in doesn't have OPEN CARRY then you CAN'T have a GUN out PERIOD, but if the state ALLOWS open carry then you MUST have the GUN in a HOLSTER and you MUST have a PERMIT. NEVER can you WALK around with a GUN IN YOUR HANDS! If the state has CONCEALED CARRY, how hard is it to conceal your weapon toy gun or not? Concealing the gun in a concealed carry state means you can carry a gun if you have a permit and not only does concealing your gun make law enforcers and citizens fear you less it also keeps you out of TROUBLE. Carrying a gun IN YOUR HANDS will only lead to issues with the law, and that goes for ANYBODY! You know nothing about the 2nd Amendment and American laws with guns. If you did you would't of made an ignorant comment like that.

Again, the officer suspected it was real and its illegal to carry a gun in your hands, I don't get why you don't understand this. Why wouldn't he of heard the officer? Last time I checked officers yell at a tone that can be heard so he most likely heard the officer but felt the need to ignore him instead of listening to the officers commands.

I'm literally laughing at how racist you are. Saying you can't trust whites makes you seen incredibly racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM4kyiHSY2w]Let me guess, you're going to call this officer racist too cause he shot a black dude? Before you do pay close attention to the video. As you can see the cop shot him right? Why? It's simple, look at his right hand when he hits the ground. He had a concealed handgun in his pants so he was planning on shooting the officer. If he wouldn't have attempted a slick move like that he'd probably still be alive today, but his bad choices left the officer with no choice but to shoot. Take note this is in Chicago so it's illegal to carry a gun period concealed or open. Chicago has their gun laws *** backwards.
Not really interested in stepping into this debate, but I wanted to point out that it is fairly ignorant to call people of color "racist against whites." There is no such thing as racism against white people. The entire concept of racism is when prejudice meets power. There is certainly prejudice against whites, but by no means is there institutionalized racism towards white people.

I don't know the details about the case, so I will not comment. But I find it silly and delusional to pretend that America has moved past racism and that white privilege does not exist. Classism and racism are still incredibly prevalent in today's society.

Not really interested in stepping into this debate, but I wanted to point out that it is fairly ignorant to call people of color "racist against whites." There is no such thing as racism against white people. The entire concept of racism is when prejudice meets power. There is certainly prejudice against whites, but by no means is there institutionalized racism towards white people.

I don't know the details about the case, so I will not comment. But I find it silly and delusional to pretend that America has moved past racism and that white privilege does not exist. Classism and racism are still incredibly prevalent in today's society.

I sort of agree. However, saying that someone does not understand what racism is because they use the common definition is about as nonsensical as saying that someone who speaks German and uses the term "gift" to mean "poison" doesn't understand what a "gift" is. A person who uses the term "racism" to simply mean prejudice based on race is not implicitly denying the existence of institutional racism, though that very often is the case. The point is that the prejudice + power definition is infinitely more useful and superior than the lay definition. Instead of approaching people by saying "You don't know what racism is" we should approach by saying "Hey, sit down a second. Let me explain to you why your definition sucks."

I'll do that now! So, why is the prejudice + power definition so important? Some resources.

http://www.edchange.org/multicultural/papers/caleb/racism.html

https://www.andover.edu/About/Newsroom/TheMagazine/Documents/8-PedOfRacismSWJournal.pdf

Also, what I feel is highly relevant to this debate: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_dictionarium

Last edited:

Sheepy Lamby

Ummm... what is the name of the thread?

Now, I wonder which definition of racism is more relevant to the discussion? Dictionary racism or institutionalized racism?

Ok, to all the yahoos who can't seem to understand why power NEEDS to be part of the definition of racism when we have this discussion:

Punching up is inherently and completely different than punching down.

I would like to point out that black people get gunned down for holding toy guns.

You know, that link you posted is terrible. It's messed up, it really is. BUT here's the difference: When they go to the police, the police will probably do their best to apprehend the criminals and the white couple will get justice. If the roles were reversed it's doubtful that the same thing could be said. THAT is why it is so important to include power in the definition of racism, to include the context that actions against white people have consequences while actions against black people don't.

Ok, let's talk the big picture: White people's legacy is LITERALLY going to foreign countries, trying to exterminate the people there, and then when that proves impossible they forcefully assimilate them while making clear that the assimilated aren't as worthy as they are. There you have the entirety of US history in a sentence.

Minorities aren't brainwashed to hate the majority, we freaking learn to be mistrustful of white people because a good majority of them don't treat us with the respect and dignity that they demand for themselves.

While lateral racism is certainly a problem that minorities commit. Don't think that white people don't like to go around turning different races against each other. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this kind of racism is white people's fault, but don't think that white people are free from blame.

If THIS is what you got out of the time you spent in South America (Which by the way is a huge continent with various countries and even more cultures, and doesn't even encompass all of Latin America because Latin America includes parts of North America and the Carribean.) then I highly suggest that in that respect you certainly didn't gain much from your experience.

This is just incredibly offensive. I'm sorry that minorities don't like to give up their cultures and assimilate for your comfort(especially when white people don't do that either). Also I am sorry that you think that this method of racial profiling is acceptable/inevitable.

Dear Blazekickblaziken's,
First of all, I am an mixed person (japanese-white-amerindian), so I gain nothing pretending to justify white racism.
Second, the idea of white people turning other races against others is evident... see who are the big fishes behind the main media corporations in the US.
Third, South America has a more homogeneous culture than what you imagine, a person wouldn't be allowed to work in an office wearing "poncho" in contrast to cultural-religious "accommodations" workplaces have to deal in North America.
Fouth, look at Japan, 150 years ago was a barbarian country... until European countries made them change their medieval society to turn now into the third strongest economy.
Look around you... who is more successful? someone who dresses and acts according to the host culture, or someone who refuses to adapt? Remember, mankind's evolution comes from adaptability.
And please, I am raw but not offensive, I know police officers and they are directed to do what you mention in your last paragraph.

Last edited:

Silver Soul

I'm not anti-gun, I'm just against guns in the hands of crazed sovereign citizens who are more likely to commit domestic terrorist acts and actual racists like this guy who's a 15-year old who likes to arrest a certain race he referred to as monkeys and would like to "pull a Ferguson on them".

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/...-texting-desire-to-pull-a-ferguson-on-nggers/

And you know about the John Crawford shooting? It turns out the guy who called on him was an ex-marine who served for seven weeks only to get kicked out, actually lied about what happened and got him killed for it. So basically, the false report is the cause of the shot on sight.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y-police-walmart-doubts-cast-witnesss-account

Sheepy Lamby

I'm not anti-gun, I'm just against guns in the hands of crazed sovereign citizens who are more likely to commit domestic terrorist acts and actual racists like this guy who's a 15-year old who likes to arrest a certain race he referred to as monkeys and would like to "pull a Ferguson on them".

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/...-texting-desire-to-pull-a-ferguson-on-nggers/

And you know about the John Crawford shooting? It turns out the guy who called on him was an ex-marine who served for seven weeks only to get kicked out, actually lied about what happened and got him killed for it. So basically, the false report is the cause of the shot on sight.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y-police-walmart-doubts-cast-witnesss-account

Your comment makes me think on how society is devolving... we eat and breath violence and stress (talk shows, action movies, radical music, etc.) , as a result, we have to expect from people with social adaptation problems to "satisfy" their vision of society. Than we get gangs (including abusive cops and army people), anarchists and troublemakers who do what they do "because they feel entitled to do it". I guess the problem is western/developed countries replaced freedom by licentiousness. Teachers and parents now don't care about what children are doing and are "scared" to discipline them.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...-who-got-off-for-voter-intimidation-arrested/
Check out the other things that fellow has said about white people and tell me he's not racist!

As interesting as that was, I was even more interested in one particular thing on that page. There was a link to the Southern Poverty Law Center--the group that was cited repeatedly as proving that Chick-fil-A was giving money to a hate group. But here, what they said was not ridiculous, and it might be the most startling thing this debate could hear:

The New Black Panther Party is a virulently racist and anti-Semitic organization whose leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law enforcement officers. Founded in Dallas, the group today is especially active on the East Coast, from Boston to Jacksonville, Fla. The group portrays itself as a militant, modern-day expression of the black power movement (it frequently engages in armed protests of alleged police brutality and the like), but principals of the original Black Panther Party of the 1960s and 1970s— a militant, but non-racist, left-wing organization — have rejected the new Panthers as a "black racist hate group" and contested their hijacking of the Panther name and symbol.

In fact, that page repeatedly referred to the New Black Panther Party or their views as racist. So I guess we must either accept that the Southern Poverty Law Center and the old Black Panther Party simply do not know what racism is, or that maybe, just maybe, the words "institutional" or "systemic" are worth attaching to the word "racism" when one wants to describe that type of racism, instead of pretending that is the only meaning worth attaching to the term.

I sort of agree. However, saying that someone does not understand what racism is because they use the common definition is about as nonsensical as saying that someone who speaks German and uses the term "gift" to mean "poison" doesn't understand what a "gift" is. A person who uses the term "racism" to simply mean prejudice based on race is not implicitly denying the existence of institutional racism, though that very often is the case. The point is that the prejudice + power definition is infinitely more useful and superior than the lay definition. Instead of approaching people by saying "You don't know what racism is" we should approach by saying "Hey, sit down a second. Let me explain to you why your definition sucks."

I'll do that now! So, why is the prejudice + power definition so important? Some resources.

http://www.edchange.org/multicultural/papers/caleb/racism.html

https://www.andover.edu/About/Newsroom/TheMagazine/Documents/8-PedOfRacismSWJournal.pdf

Also, what I feel is highly relevant to this debate: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_dictionarium

First of all, I challenge your application of the phrase "the lay definition" and expressly refer you to the statement I quoted from the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Second, I decided to look at the RationalWiki link first, and, aside from the very pleasant surprise that Bill Clinton is listed as having provided perhaps the worse example, I found this:

However, this is fallacious because a dictionary doesn't actually prove anything. If someone is using a "wrong" word, all they're really doing is using a word in a way that few other people also use. There are good reasons to avoid this, of course, as good and clear communications requires Person A to know what "flibbertygibbit" means when they say it and for Person B to think of (within experimental error) the exact same thing when they hear it. If the two disagree, then the two just disagree on the definition of "flibbertygibbit", and nothing else.

First, this suggests there are good reasons to avoid using a term in a way that few people understand. That is an important point to which I will return in a later segment.

Second, it says a dictionary proves nothing, but its wording guarantees that there is one thing a (reliable) dictionary can prove: Ironically, it is the same thing SILVER XD did use it to prove; namely, that a given word's usage is not so restricted. This is (ironically) identical to the difficulties that RationalWiki page mentioned as being associated with the words "feminism" and "feminist." The definition is not restricted to people who believe in gender equality, no matter how much some people in the various Serebii Forums threads relevant to the topic might want it to only apply to them and not to people advocating the idea that women are (or should be treated as) superior. To borrow the terminology of that article, nothing changes about reality if we decide that "racism" only refers to what some would call systemic or institutionalized racism. Thus ironically (to become annoying by repeating this word to much), the people who cite "the" alleged sociological definition and accuse others of being wrong are the ones engaging in the argumentum ad dictionarium fallacy. This means I pretty much couldn't have found a better source with which to respond to Blazekickblaziken and your previous comments which implied "dictionary or sociologists, not both." You are to be commended for the good things in your new, more nuanced argument.

I plan to edit this post to address some things, ranging from bad to extremely good, in the other links. But it is past midnight, so I must leave off. If somebody else posts before me, I'll probably just make a new post. Good night!

Sheepy Lamby

As interesting as that was, I was even more interested in one particular thing on that page. There was a link to the Southern Poverty Law Center--the group that was cited repeatedly as proving that Chick-fil-A was giving money to a hate group. But here, what they said was not ridiculous, and it might be the most startling thing this debate could hear:

In fact, that page repeatedly referred to the New Black Panther Party or their views as racist. So I guess we must either accept that the Southern Poverty Law Center and the old Black Panther Party simply do not know what racism is, or that maybe, just maybe, the words "institutional" or "systemic" are worth attaching to the word "racism" when one wants to describe that type of racism, instead of pretending that is the only meaning worth attaching to the term.

First of all, I challenge your application of the phrase "the lay definition" and expressly refer you to the statement I quoted from the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Second, I decided to look at the RationalWiki link first, and, aside from the very pleasant surprise that Bill Clinton is listed as having provided perhaps the worse example, I found this:

First, this suggests there are good reasons to avoid using a term in a way that few people understand. That is an important point to which I will return in a later segment.

Second, it says a dictionary proves nothing, but its wording guarantees that there is one thing a (reliable) dictionary can prove: Ironically, it is the same thing SILVER XD did use it to prove; namely, that a given word's usage is not so restricted. This is (ironically) identical to the difficulties that RationalWiki page mentioned as being associated with the words "feminism" and "feminist." The definition is not restricted to people who believe in gender equality, no matter how much some people in the various Serebii Forums threads relevant to the topic might want it to only apply to them and not to people advocating the idea that women are (or should be treated as) superior. To borrow the terminology of that article, nothing changes about reality if we decide that "racism" only refers to what some would call systemic or institutionalized racism. Thus ironically (to become annoying by repeating this word to much), the people who cite "the" alleged sociological definition and accuse others of being wrong are the ones engaging in the argumentum ad dictionarium fallacy. This means I pretty much couldn't have found a better source with which to respond to Blazekickblaziken and your previous comments which implied "dictionary or sociologists, not both." You are to be commended for the good things in your new, more nuanced argument.

I plan to edit this post to address some things, ranging from bad to extremely good, in the other links. But it is past midnight, so I must leave off. If somebody else posts before me, I'll probably just make a new post. Good night!

Good post dude, you are a real fighting Pikachu!
You'll probably disagree with me, but I studied social service work and the teachers were too open minded and they always tried to "brainwash" us with ideas like "systemic" and "institutional" racism, "white obliviousness", "assimilated minorities", etc.
In addition, I have seen people posting here sending messages to each other saying that others (who don't share their points of view) are racist.
People are brave to type things behind a keyboard, you know. But they are unaware that doing the same in real life may lead to legal actions.
And I repeat what I said before, society is teaching people to "do and say whatever they want and destroy whoever disagrees with them".

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Good post dude, you are a real fighting Pikachu!
You'll probably disagree with me, but I studied social service work and the teachers were too open minded and they always tried to "brainwash" us with ideas like "systemic" and "institutional" racism, "white obliviousness", "assimilated minorities", etc.
In addition, I have seen people posting here sending messages to each other saying that others (who don't share their points of view) are racist.
People are brave to type things behind a keyboard, you know. But they are unaware that doing the same in real life may lead to legal actions.
And I repeat what I said before, society is teaching people to "do and say whatever they want and destroy whoever disagrees with them".

I find it hilarious that some members call me racist when I'm dating a black female. Not sure how me being racist would work but they can believe what they want, I just find it ironic.
I completely agree with the last statement. A majority of people in society are ignorant, stubborn, biased, and wont even put anybody's opinion into consideration. They believe their mindset is the only mindset. You can think the media for that.

Saying you aren't racist because you're dating a black person is so absurd.

I wonder if there are men that say they aren't sexist after beating the crap out of their wives for not making dinner on time, because "they're married to a woman"

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Saying you aren't racist because you're dating a black person is so absurd.

How so? If I was racist I obviously wouldn't be dating a black person, I mean the relationship wouldn't work out. I'm actually laughing at your statement.

I wonder if there are men that say they aren't sexist after beating the crap out of their wives for not making dinner on time, because "they're married to a woman"

This is a completely different argument. Don't try to use this as a concept to compare it to racism, it's completely different. Usually the "men" who abuses their "wife" are alcoholics or drug fiends.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Got bored and decided to read through SPPf today and I couldn't pass up this bit of sheer ignorance
Great double standard 10/10.
So saying "whites can't experience racism because of their privilege" is totally gonna help solve racism as a whole towards any ethnicity? That's funny because really you are taking a giant step backwards.

Keep fighting white oppression with Tumblr posts, you social justice warriors.

Sheepy Lamby

Got bored and decided to read through SPPf today and I couldn't pass up this bit of sheer ignorance

Great double standard 10/10.

So saying "whites can't experience racism because of their privilege" is totally gonna help solve racism as a whole towards any ethnicity? That's funny because really you are taking a giant step backwards.

Keep fighting white oppression with Tumblr posts, you social justice warriors.

Great! that is more nosense from "open minded" zombies who believe what the media and their "super liberal" teacher tell them.
Ahwt you said abaut white privilege and anti-white racism is another nonsense I learned when studying social work (and another reason to leave that ridiculous program)
I dare those guys to come to my neighbourhood after 10 pm and after that still defend the ghetto boys/girls and their right to express their "culture"

I find it hilarious that some members call me racist when I'm dating a black female. Not sure how me being racist would work but they can believe what they want, I just find it ironic.
I completely agree with the last statement. A majority of people in society are ignorant, stubborn, biased, and wont even put anybody's opinion into consideration. They believe their mindset is the only mindset. You can think the media for that.

Thanks. and indeed, thanks to the media society is going down.
Sadly racist come in all colors and they are left wingers too.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
This is a completely different argument. Don't try to use this as a concept to compare it to racism, it's completely different. Usually the "men" who abuses their "wife" are alcoholics or drug fiends.

No, it kind of fits the "I'm excluded from being X because I'm not like the worst of them" And most abusers do it because they want power and control, not for drug reasons.

Silver Soul

Let's look at Ray Rice, the only reason why he was given a light 2-game ban was because he was a star player who made millions in comparison to one player who is suspended for the whole season for smoking pot. It took releasing the video in public too late to show that it was a whole different story along with the punishment looking like a baby slap on the wrist. Whether the NFL saw the video or not, this is where connections play as it looked like a cover up.

It's the same with what's happening with Darren Wilson who's been receiving more money than the kid's family he shot. It's because the guy himself received an award for this.

http://news.yahoo.com/attorney-ferg...wilson-roughed-up-drug-suspect-231634921.html

Without transparency in the police, incidents such as a group of NYPD officers ganging up on a Latino in Stop and Frisk methods won't go unnoticed.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/...ting-bronx-man-after-search-turns-up-nothing/

Sogeking is right, it's all about power and control. There are those who would devalue minorities when it comes to making arrests for profits, suppressing voter registration, or unnecessary roughness for their satisfaction. There was a cop who talked about liking to kill anyone with no discrimination and he retired with full pension as well as a Baton Rouge cop who resigns for making texts about calling African Americans the N-word AND monkeys. Heck, even women aren't safe from victim blaming as well as **** shaming by being forced to change their ways for those who would harass them.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/09/08/3564184/high-schooler-shame-suit-dress-code/

Without transparency, victim blaming would go rampant as this right-wing bloggers tries to make Michael Brown look like he has a violent streak from his instagram posts. So here's the question, why are they devaluing Michael Brown as a thug who deserved to die? Remember when Seahawks player Richard Sherman got called a thug for his fiery celebration?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/michael-brown-rap-lyrics-ferguson-shooting