• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Racial Profiling and Police Brutality

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Great! that is more nosense from "open minded" zombies who believe what the media and their "super liberal" teacher tell them.

College professors are definitely liberal there's no denying that. I actually had a professor fail me because she didn't agree with my term papers due to her being hardcore liberal. To add to the issue she was black, but not once did I pull the race card and say she was racist like a black person would of done if the professor was white. Let's just say she isn't a professor at that college anymore and probably not a professor period.

Thanks. and indeed, thanks to the media society is going down.

Yeah society is downgrading tremendously, it's sad really.

Sadly racist come in all colors and they are left wingers too.

This is something most minorities don't understand tho. If they lose a job it's "racist", if they get pulled over it's "racist", if they get arrested it's "racist", if they don't get hired it's "racist", etc. They seem to pull the race card and call out the whites on racist if they don't get their way. But then again there's many minorities that follow the laws and don't pull the race card. Onc of my fellow black friends even said blacks can be racist to whites and he knows a few like that.

Got bored and decided to read through SPPf today and I couldn't pass up this bit of sheer ignorance

Great double standard 10/10.

So saying "whites can't experience racism because of their privilege" is totally gonna help solve racism as a whole towards any ethnicity? That's funny because really you are taking a giant step backwards.

Keep fighting white oppression with Tumblr posts, you social justice warriors.
Whites can't experience racism, but they can experience prejudice. Two very different things. Did you miss the entire point of racism being prejudice + power?

White people complaining about discrimination is almost as bad as all the conservative morons on Fox News complaining about "discrimination against Christians" and this imaginary "war on Christmas."

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Whites can't experience racism, but they can experience prejudice. Two very different things. Did you miss the entire point of racism being prejudice + power?

Let's take a second to compare the two. "prejudice" - preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience "racism" - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior

So you're telling me that a minority can't be racist to a white person? Any race can be racist because each group has people that feels their superior to any other race, which is what racism is. Racism isn't only "discriminating" a particular race, there's much more to it than that.

White people complaining about discrimination is almost as bad as all the conservative morons on Fox News complaining about "discrimination against Christians" and this imaginary "war on Christmas."

Again discrimination isn't the only form of racism.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
One time a black person got a job instead of me and let me tell you I was so furious I typed so hard for my reddit post. Racism against whites is real man

Let's take a second to compare the two. "prejudice" - preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience "racism" - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior

So you're telling me that a minority can't be racist to a white person? Any race can be racist because each group has people that feels their superior to any other race, which is what racism is. Racism isn't only "discriminating" a particular race, there's much more to it than that.

Again discrimination isn't the only form of racism.
Read this article:

"Racism exists when prejudice+power combine to form social constructs, legislation and widespread media bias that contribute to the oppression of the rights and liberties of a group of people. Racism is systemic, institutional, and far reaching. It is the prevalence of racism within social structures and institutional norms, along with implicit and explicit enforcement by members of a group, that allows racism to run rampant and unchecked. America is a country seeped in white privilege, and our social structure is built on colonization and forced slave labor that then turned into further systemic and ongoing oppression of PoC. We have a culture that presents whiteness as the norm and all else as ‘other’ or different. White is presented as the beauty ideal, the main face in the media (unless we’re talking about criminals, then PoC get unfairly misrepresented), the standard, the regular. It’s a structural problem that affects the perceptions of jurors in criminal cases, admissions to colleges, funding for public schools, welfare and food stamp programs, the redrawing of district lines that affect where we vote, who we see represented on T.V. and how, what schools people have access to, what neighborhoods people live in, an individual’s shopping experience, access to goods and services; it’s extensive and a part of the fabric that let’s whiteness remain dominant in American culture."

http://feminspire.com/why-reverse-racism-isnt-real/

"The situations in which you, fellow white person, were involved were unfortunate and inappropriate, this is true. But to claim that these experiences were ‘reverse racism’ both diminishes and minimalizes the real and actual experiences of PoC who really do encounter racism. There is no system of oppression in America that actively works to oppress and subjugate white people. Sorry to break it to you, but your individual suffering is just that, individual. The individuals acting against you do not have the institutionalized power to actively oppress you in every facet of your life, nor would their racism be upheld and supported by government, media, and legislation if they did. Because you’re white."

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
One time a black person got a job instead of me and let me tell you I was so furious I typed so hard for my reddit post. Racism against whites is real man

There's so much ignorance behind that post. It's not racist to hire a white person over a black person any more than hiring a black person over a white person, it's not racist at all. But I'm not gonna argue with a mod cause I'll just get banned for disagreeing with you.. It's happened before. now I'm waiting for the infraction

bobjr

Staff member
No I'm just pointing out how you're ignoring posts just so you can agree with the ones who go "YEAH THE SYSTEM IS ****ED"

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
No I'm just pointing out how you're ignoring posts just so you can agree with the ones who go "YEAH THE SYSTEM IS ****ED"

That's because the system is ****ed, always has been and always will be. The system is ****ed in regards to any race.

bobjr

Staff member
Yeah, god forbid people try and change the system or anything. We should just keep talking about why it's messed up instead.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Please, give me your two cents on why you think the system is ****ed. You might be going somewhere with this.

Silver Soul

If you actually look at Stop and Frisk, voter suppression, and those who benefit from them; you should get it already. The type of false equivalency you displayed here only invalidates the actual discrimination people have gone through in the past. I mean people at FOX News don't give a s*** because of their audience and those who share their views will do what they can to vilify those as thugs just because they are not of a certain color. So thank the Southern Strategy that got a certain party elected.

I mean, we already saw the media devalue the eyewitness accounts on the Michael Brown case for being black and only two new witness come out to say they DID saw his hands out. The two witness are white by the way.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/new-michael-brown-witnesses-speak-out-he-had-his-hands-up/

LDSman

I'm not aware of any actual media source devaluing eyewitness accounts based on race. There are undoubtably blogs or fringe groups that have claimed that. It's the internet. You can probably find someone that argues that the Illumanti is behind it all. I'm aware of accounts being devalued because one witness is already facing a charge for lying to the police in a separate incident, or for not actually having seen the event happen and others being devalued due to saying things like "he was shot in the back" which the autopsy has proved didn't happen.

And you do realize that one political party benefits from convincing an entire group of people into voting for them or else "slavery will happen again!"

Sheepy Lamby

Funny people, they protest when other races use stereotypes against them but they feel free to stereotype majorities
White people...
Do you know the "whites behind the media" are destroying "other whites" to assume total control of North America (yes, my dear Canada is a bunch of nonsense like US)
and, of course, zombies believe everything the silly media says
The other day Japanese soccer fans were holding bananas in front of a black Brazilian player and the liberal media said....nothing! but when these incidents happen in Europe they cry.
Talking about abusive police officer, the legal and political system should split the police into different organizations able to audit and control each other. Internal disciplinary processes are a joke.

Silver Soul

Unfortunately, that is reality considering who is benefiting from these actions. I mean look at Rob Ford, the guy does every thuggish thing in the book and he gets treated lightly by the media as a playful scamp in comparison to those like Richard Sherman for just having a loud celebration on live TV after a game-winning interception.

Besides, what kind of people who would say racism is over while catering to a certain race under the guise of state's rights or something like that. I mean, who would benefit from that type of resentment? Let's ask this guy Lee Atawater about this strategy which I heavily edited a certain word in it. :3

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atawater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "N*****, n*****, n*****." By 1968 you can't say "n*****" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "N*****, n*****."

Sheepy Lamby

Unfortunately, that is reality considering who is benefiting from these actions. I mean look at Rob Ford, the guy does every thuggish thing in the book and he gets treated lightly by the media as a playful scamp in comparison to those like Richard Sherman for just having a loud celebration on live TV after a game-winning interception.

Besides, what kind of people who would say racism is over while catering to a certain race under the guise of state's rights or something like that. I mean, who would benefit from that type of resentment? Let's ask this guy Lee Atawater about this strategy which I heavily edited a certain word in it. :3

What gives you the right to criticize Rob Ford? do you live in Toronto????
I prefer Ford (who saved us money and ended union strikes) over populist welfare lover candidates or snobs favouring downtown rich guys
Ford has been involved in community activities more than hundreds of liberal, NDP's and conservative white collar politicians.
There is more trash in sports than politics btw.

Peter Quill

star-lord
What gives you the right to criticize Rob Ford? do you live in Toronto????
I prefer Ford (who saved us money and ended union strikes) over populist welfare lover candidates or snobs favouring downtown rich guys
Ford has been involved in community activities more than hundreds of liberal, NDP's and conservative white collar politicians.
There is more trash in sports than politics btw.

Dude, you're a Canadian talking about American politics. I don't think you have any right to criticize someone talking about Rob Ford (Which is easy to research and is in fact a figure that is known globally, unlike many other facets of Canadian politics where I'd be inclined to agree with you if you got mad at an American trying to speak about it) so cut the attitude.

What gives you the right to criticize Rob Ford?
That'd be the 1st Amendment of the United States broseph. Yes. Even if the subject is outside the bounds of the U.S. <3

Sheepy Lamby

That'd be the 1st Amendment of the United States broseph. Yes. Even if the subject is outside the bounds of the U.S. <3

ok, that makes sense.
Well, Sorry but I forgot that detail, next time I'll change the words.
Now that you mention it, I'm more concerned about the 2nd one and how some people want to over control the use of weapons

"Racism exists when prejudice+power combine to form social constructs, legislation and widespread media bias that contribute to the oppression of the rights and liberties of a group of people. Racism is systemic, institutional, and far reaching."
"Hey guys, read this dramatic, well-worded, pathos driven article that attempts to redefine a word for the sake of dramatization. No problems here!"

But really, you can't redefine a word because a Ms. or Mrs. Sara Luckey wrote an article about it once. Is there really any reason to redefine racism to exclude certain scenarios where majorities are discriminated against? We know it's not a real issue. We know we don't see it often (or, personally, at all). So why can't we leave it at that? Why do social justice warriors insist on totally denying that anyone who has a certain skin tone, gender, or sexuality might have had an issue at some point with discrimination? I neither understand racist people nor people who say some races can't ever be discriminated against due to their race. It seems there is a lack of logic in both.

It almost hurts to agree with some people >.>