• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
No one should use the 'n' word period.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
of course i casually use it as a joke sometimes, but the meaning's still there even when i joke. so, yes. it shouldnt be said in public or anything like that.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I've experience racism too long to count.. I live in Trenton, and i'm caucasion ( can't spell that :/ )... you get the picture, right?

SlipKnoT

I've never been a victim of racism, but I did grow up around racists. My mother's mother grew up in Mississippi, and when she was growing up racism was every where, she's just a negative product of a corrupt generation. Both of my parents do say the 'n' word at times, and do make passing comments about African Americans, and afterwards I always end up getting in a fight with them because I resent that racist mind set so much. I'm just glad that I didn't follow in their footsteps.

I myself, have nothing against any race, and find racism as a whole deplorable. In everyday life I don't use labels like 'black' or 'Mexican' to describe anyone, I just refer to everyone as a person and leave it at that. Caucasian, African-American, whatever you may be I have no pre-existing, negative feelings about you because of your race.

As for the 'n' word, it's one of the two words I never use regardless of the circumstances. I don't find words like 'fuck' nearly as bad as I find words like the 'n' word, hell I don't find them bad at all. Some words, because of their history, should not be used, by anyone. Period.

Strants

In everyday life I don't use labels like 'black' or 'Mexican' to describe anyone, I just refer to everyone as a person and leave it at that. Caucasian, African-American, whatever you may be I have no pre-existing, negative feelings about you because of your race.
I don't think not labeling people is the answer. It will only be when the labels still exist, but it doesn't matter to anyone because everyone is an equal person, that racism is truly dead. Or at least, I think that.

TSL

Mischievous.
Yeah, racism is bad and ignorant. But what makes me irked is when people call pretty much the entire black popuation of America "African Americans"
ORLY?
It's assuming that the person is of African descent, and is a citizen of America.
Yeah? What about that guy whose family line goes back 10 generations in Venezuela and is a tourist in America? Nice one.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
"Damn sand****ers."

I don't enjoy racism, but anyone from the middle east does, if your middle eastern, you must be an extremist muslim and are a damn sand****er.

Still beat on anyone who makes a racist joke about me, just as hard as I would another white boy.

Eszett

one love
Do I need to wallop you over the head with my sausage before you idiots can make a good debate? I see nothing but a listing of opinions here, and what "contentious" commentary exists serves only to scrape the surface. Yes, I did read the (w)hole thread...

For the sake of what collective intelligences we have left, I'm locking this thread down.

Status
Not open for further replies.