• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Racist used too often?

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
Yes. Political Correctness has been taken WAY out of proportion. While direct racism is, as always, a bad thing, all people have just as much of a chance and the ability to be total d**che bags as any other person, and that'll never change. Calling people out on that regardless of race isn't racist, pointing out their race when it hasn't been mentioned in the dispute, however, is racist.

Magmar Master

Yes racist is used too often and too many people treat it one way.

A perfect example is in this thread. There has been a discussion about racial insults and while the insult against blacks has only been implied the insult against white people has been written several times.

Ctep

First HG Shiny
People always contribute anything to racism. It's very..annoying.

If I didn't like someone because they are obnoxious, rude, and etc, today they are likely to call me racist because of it. No, I just don't like you.

Also, being politically correct is annoying. I don't care about being politically correct, if you're an idiot I will call you a retard. I might even go and call you a ****tard. That's your problem.

People saying describing people's races as "white" or "black" is racist. I fail to see how as long as you do not go "Oh my god you're acting so black." or "Haha look at you acting like you're white."

Racism angers me. People who go as far to say that every little thing can be racist just because two people are different races angers me even more.

Racism = Hating an entire race. Thus, you're a ****tard.
Hating a single person who just so happens to be a different race than you =/= Racism

Last edited:

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Oh cracka please!

I have never had to deal with racism against me (and because you know, nobody is racist when it comes to white people, seriously, we can't jump.)
or have been racist. If I'm being an *** to you, it's because you're an idiot, jack-***, jerkbag, etc. Not because you're some different shade of skin.

Now, can something be said as racism if someone of said race is saying it?
e.g. A white guy saying, "Pu-leeze, you know I can't jump!"

SkinnySweatyMan

It is I got called racist fro asking my black freind if he wanted my pocorn chiken and this black girl started to make a big deal and even told the deans that was a racist quote but the dean didtn do anything so idc.

I'd sig this, but I don't want people to think I'm racist. :p

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
Course the entire thing about racism all stems from people overlooking (or forgetting) the fact that all races are equally inferior to the ferret! You will all bow to them! No but seriously racism is stupid, all humans are just as big idiots as the entire species combined. Want examples? i got loads. Guess what? The examples include every race. Q.E.D.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
i believe(and this is just what i think) that some people of a race use that to often. i dont speak for the race itself.

i think the people use it at another race when mad. they want to be treated fairly. then good. they should be, but they want the best treatment.

as i said not everyone is like this, but some are sadly

Tyrant Tar

You know there's a problem with the race card when people are calling green and orange robots that watched too much MTV "the most horrible racial stereotyping since blackface minstrel performances" :rolleyes:

Obama doesn't care about white people.

Lemme guess, you're hosting a benefit concert for a natural disaster relief. *sigh*, let's cut to Chris Tucker....

octoboy

I Crush Everything
A perfect example is in this thread. There has been a discussion about racial insults and while the insult against blacks has only been implied the insult against white people has been written several times.

Isn't ****** automatically cencored? Edit: Yes, it is. Cracker isn't because it would be annoying to have to jump cencors every time you tried to mention a soda cracker.

Then again, you have to do the same if anybody in your post cocks a gun.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I do agree, alot of people jump to call you racist if you say the slighest thing wrong, but it's not just racism here. Sexism, Homophobic, feminist and other kinds are used way out of context too, you say one wrong thing and everyone jumps down your throat.

I never been called a racist or been a racist in real life (Maybe people assume because I am half mayalsian I don't say that) but you know what bothers me? Is how it's racist to say one wrong thing to a black person but it's completely alright to be racist to a white person. It's the same with sexism, it's okay to be sexist about men it seems but it is totally not okay to be sexist about women (I know a couple ads on TV that I think are a bit sexist).
It is a two way street not one.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I think sometimes people are quick to lump ignorance with racism. Racism, specifically, has to have malice behind it.

As a slang term, I could be considered white. When I was 16, (oh gosh that's five years ago) I wrote a sstory takes place in lower Los Angeles where there should be a heavy Latino population, but instead most of the main characters in my story were white. The only Latino character in the book had the last name "Blackveil", and my editor, my friend Sarah told me this and said, "That's REALLY bad. You need to change that."

And I did. And I was a little guilty that I did that.

But I don't think I should be called racist. I mean, my transgression here is closer to racism than offering someone popcorn chicken, but in my defense, I just didn't know a lot of other people who weren't white, so an author writes about what they know.

Crying racism should be reserved for truely insulting or demeaning situations - because then it would be emotional self-defense. The word "racist" in and of itself is an insult and should be treated with the same caution as the racial slurs themselves. It should not turn into a complexed and nuanced system of what you can and cannot say, because with the censorship of ideas comes a power conflict.

And, everyone judges everyone else aesthetically. They judge their clothes, hair, style, weight. Skin color is no exception - it's just a striking difference when you see all the skin on someone else's body is a different hue/color than yours. That's why the blue man group is so trippy.

And then when you bring up the idea of reverse racism, or racism against white people, that's just the damage done by overly defensive minorities to overly sensitive white people...it's a whole ridiculous affair based on misunderstandings in the first place.

You cannot compare the word "c*acker" to "n*gro". Racial slurs only become racial slurs through historical creation and use. Why would calling a white person a cracker be considered hurtful? Because it's stereotypical? That's not the reason why n*gro is hurtful - n*gro is hurtful because of the history of slavery behind it. I don't think anyone ever died or was terribly mistreated while being called a c*acker.

But humans tend to find a reason to get angry either way. What I don't understand is how some white people can look down on black people for crying racism in certain situations, when they can be called so many hurtful names based on "darkness", "evil" or "demon"...

...and then turn around and cry "reverse racism" when they hear a seven letter word that describes a tasty, salty snack you can make out of baking soda and flour, and cures seasickness.

That's hypocrisy. And really weak hypocrisy. But sometimes people will resort to that simply so the can have the run of getting angry and indignant.

So in conclusion, during a misunderstanding or instance of prejudice based on the color of someone's skin, I wish instead of saying:

You racist!

People would say,

"I'm sorry, you may be confused because history has left many people of my historical background impoverished, financially, academically or even morally, but let me assure you that as an individual I am blessed with a nourishing lifestyle not much different than yours. I'm sure you mean no malice by your words, and I don't blame you for them because I wouldn't want to reciprocate your ignorance with anger when I might have simply misunderstood you."

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Actually in this day and age, there are more black racists than whites.

It is overused to an awful extent.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version

Provide one example.

And make it a really GOOD example that compares to slavery, poverty, discrimination, etc that black people face. What have black people thrown back at white people that is so bad comparatively?

lucarioman098

Aww isnt that cute
the C****** word when i hear that it makes me go nuts heh just kiddin anyway seriously i think there equal white racists are just a bit more open like my grandpa ill ask him in public if he likes blacks and hell say no i dont like them n******

Hyesz

Best Ness on Serebii
So what if you mentioned someone is black?

It's not like you're trying to make fun of them for it.

Charade

The Culprit's Agito

Does this mean that you make snap judgments about other races and never give any individual a chance? I was wondering if you really meant that or if you had typed it because you were upset.

Me personally, I don't hate anyone based on what they look like. I have to have a conversation with you first and if we don't click we don't click, not everyone is going to be friends but if you are actually intentionally shying away from other races you may be missing out on meeting a really amazing person.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Does this mean that you make snap judgments about other races and never give any individual a chance? I was wondering if you really meant that or if you had typed it because you were upset.

Me personally, I don't hate anyone based on what they look like. I have to have a conversation with you first and if we don't click we don't click, not everyone is going to be friends but if you are actually intentionally shying away from other races you may be missing out on meeting a really amazing person.

Well, it's personal experiance.

I've not seen blacks take advantage of slavery and try to get what they want from the other race, while whites have to tread carefully when they are speaking to blacks.

I mean seriously, anyone that disagree's with Obama now is called a "racist", I could name a few people in fact.