• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rage Quit, an OU Stall

I figured with Generation IV leaving us, I'd have a few laughs before it ends. I am happy about the extreme power the new generation brought, but I am a little sad about us turning our backs on Generation IV. I figured I would post this team, Hail Ragequit.
(I used Diamond and Pearl sprites 'cause I felt like it. God, shut up.)

1-22.png

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Blizzard
Hail Teams have no space for a Lead since Abomasnow (God I have a hard time spelling that) cam 'round. Substitute plus Leech Seed equals the opponent losing a good deal of health in one turn. I also heal.

Protect allows for some valuable stalling, extra damage and overall helpful in the Hail. It allows me to get free damage every other turn. With 2 methods of damaging the opponent, why not?

Blizzard because of 100% accuracy when it's hailing. 180 Base Power will do devistating amounts even with Abomasnow's (OH MY GOD, I CAN'T SPELL IT) average 92 base stat.

Abomasnow also sets up the Hail for this Team, which is why it is manditory. But luckily, he is strong enough to actually do something. If this wasn't around, hail would never work.

2-14.png

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Sludge Bomb
Tentacruel can get up Toxic Spikes, which is highly reccomended in a Hail Stall team. Toxic Spikes is the perfect way to use this, with Badly Poisoned, stalling gets rougher every turn. Unless you switch.

Rapid Spin allows me to blow away hazards, since Abomasnow (OH MY F*CKING GOD) will almost allows allow Hazards to go behind him, since he has no Taunt or way to stop it.

Surf and Sludge Bomb allow pretty decent coverage with Tentacruel, and enough power that he can actually do something. Sludge Bomb mainly takes care of grass types and water types, which Surf alone could not do.

Tentacruel allows me to avoid entry hazards which Stall Teams hate. He sets up Toxic Spikes which is always welcome. He resists Fire Type moves which Stall Teams also hate. Pretty much he handles what the rest of the team can't.

3-13.png

Walrein @ Leftovers
Trait: Ice Body
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Super Fang
- Surf
- Substitute
Oh god. StallRein, or Wallrein as I usually call him is virtually unbeatable. Recovering that much HP in one turn, along with his big defenses and Substitue, he is one tough...walrus.

Protect allows me to Stall all the time. Makes the Substitute safe. Very difficult to beat. It also stops the Substitute or Walrein from being damaged, which is exactly what stall is.

Super Fang. Go ahead, laugh at me. But, Walrein will decimate the opponent of 50% of it's current health. When doing this it means I have less to worry about since the opponent dies faster. Walrein would usually take 6 turns to kill, but if it keeps using this, it will do it in 3-5. 100% to 50, 25, 12.
That's being calculated without Hail damage or Poison Damage. With this, does it really need to have Toxic to poison pokemon the spikes don't get?

Surf is just to finish an opponent off. Doing this will allow me a free heal at the end of the turn. Since Super Fang won't hit Ghost Pokemon, it is necessary.

Walrein is a very effective wall, especially provided under the hail made by You-Know-Who. It's ability to survive and decimate the opponent in turns can ruin an entire team just by itself.

4-14.png

Froslass @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Blizzard
Spinblocker, yeah. It has the ability to stall using Snow Cloak plus Thunder Wave gives the opponent only 40% chance to attack. It also gives Froslass the ability to Paralyze Opponents, but probably only to be used on pokemon not hit by Toxic Spikes, like Skarmory or Bronzong.

Spikes allows the Stalling to be safer since the opponent get's 25% HP ripped away from them. I only fear Steel Types.

Blizzard allows me to crush Flying Types who avoid my Ground Hazards, and will be my move to use after Spikes are deployed. It has 180 Base Power, 100% accuracy, why ask for something better?

Froslass is the only Spinkblocker who benefits from hail, since Rotom doesn't get any boosts. Snow Cloak in hail allows me to stall with Evasion Hax. I didn't use Brightpowder, as it is a Hax item.

2-14.png

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
- Roar
My other Fire Resist, and the third user of Entry Hazards. Stealth Rock with Spikes and Toxic Spikes will actually rip 81% of the opponents health, so long as their is a 4x weakness and the opponent does not fly.

Earthquake because Swampert actually has some attacking prowess. This also is his move to use while he stalls. He is a good tank, and is not always a lead.

Blizzard because of the usual 100% Accuracy, though this slot originally held Ice Beam. It helps him get Flying Types who laugh at his Earthquakes.

Roar can help me get Status around the team so that it won't matter if they spin Toxic Spikes away. It allows me to find their Clerics, like Blissey, Celebi or even Dragonite. Let's me see if they have anthing Threatening.

Though Swampert is the least recognized member of this team he plays the important role of providing some Fire Resistance. This is needed in a team like this, as it is usually purely Ice Types.
6-13.png

Weavile @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
Weavile is my End-Game sweeper, which is awesome in a team like this. He also resists Hail, and longetivity is always welcome in a revenge killer. Ice Punch and Night Slash are his STAB attacks, which work rough damage against alot of pokemon.

Pursuit allows me to attack an opponent while they switch their weakened pokemon to a counter. Despite it's power, the opponent will likely keep their current pokemon in, since Entry Hazards will likely kill them.

Low Kick is mainly for just Tyranitar, but since he would demolish this team, it is very welcome. But that's the only case Low Kick would be helpful in.

With their pokemon usually down to 10% before my pokemon all die, Weavile will easily blast away their remaining HP quickly. Well, since he is an End-Game Sweeper, there isn't much to it.

Final Comments: This team revolves around the power of hail to annoy the opponent. This team has actually been doing very well. It can handle a good deal of sweepers well enough so they don't kill me.

I didn't want to use Forretress because that's another Fire Weakness, which I didn't need.

Do not reccomend 5th generation moves, pokemon, items, abilities or different spreads to "handle Urgamoth." It's onlt used in 4th Generation.

And if you haven't noticed, I used a different organization for this team. Better spacing makes it easier to read. I think it looks better.

Err... your Swampert looks a bit off. Kind of squid-like.

Stealth Rocks rapes you. Hail stall DOES NOT mean running a team full of Ice types.

Swords Dance Lucario just laughs as he 6-0s you.

Swords Dance Scizor 6-0s, though Tentacruel might get a single weak hit before dying.

Gyarados 6-0s you if Swampert flinches or is at around 60%. Not that Swampert will do anything besides Roar.

Physical Infernape does horrifying damage to all your Pokemon. Tentacruel will switch in once on any move before it falls into 2HKO range. Walrein actually can survive a hit, but not after Stealth Rocks.

Dragonite 2HKOs everyone except Tentacruel with Draco Meteor.

Agility Metagross OHKOs your whole team barring Walrein who is usually 2HKOed.

Machamp just craps on you though its slow so you can probably hold the line after two or three things die.

Shaymin OHKOs everyone except Tentacruel, who will quickly fall after a Seed Flare defense drop.

I think thats all the major ones, except I guess mixed Electivire.

Drop Weavile and Froslass. They suck. Try a Skarmory lead with Lum Berry and Taunt. Skarmory is a much better Spiker but will help against Scizor and Metagross. Make sure it leads instead of Abomasnow. Abomasnow sucks leading. Skarm will also sorta help against Shaymin and with Lum Berry always beat Machamp.

Maybe run a Scarf Rotom Fridge in Weavile's slot as this lets you beat Dragonite, Lucario, Infernape (sort of), Metagross and lol, Electivire. Its a much better spin blocker than Froslass.

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
Uh yeah, there's a ton of offensive threats this team can't handle very well. It seems you did what most people originally do with sandstall/hailstall teams, and that is think that most of the members of the team have to not take damage from hail/sand. This is totally untrue, and often times makes the team extremely weak to certain threats and very one dimensional. I don't really know how to help with this without messing with a the team a bunch, but an obvious change would be Weavile. Weavile does nothing for hailstall, and is generally a wasted slot/dead weight. I say replace this with something that can patch up weaknesses for the rest of the team, and then work from there.

Some of these weaknesses include:
• Scizor
• Heatran (especially LO)
• Gyarados
• Machamp
• Varying Electrics ( i.e. Jolt, Zappy, Raikou, Electivire[lol])

As of right now, a simple Resttalk Gyarados helps with Scizor, Heatran, and Machamp. I'd use that over Weavile. Then a switch to Scarf Rotom > Froslass gives you a better spin-blocker, a way to deal with Gyarados, and an added Electric resist. This is all I really want to suggest for now, as I want you to test and tell me what you think, and we can work from there. Because if not, I would really change a lot more about the team, but it's your core so I want you to work out what you want and whats dispensible.