• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Raging rampardos team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scizor occa berry
-swords dance
-iron head
-bug bite
-baton pass

Slowking nevermeltice
-yawn
-dream eater
-trick room
-blizzard

Tyranitar chople berry
-stone edge
-crunch
-outrage
-protect

???? - i would like a suggestion for this spot in my team plus any other
-? improvements i could make to this team
-?
-?
-?

Rampardos shock plate
-thunderpunch
-head smash
-hammer arm
-zen headbutt

Porygon Z icicle plate
-hyper beam
-zap cannon
-ice beam
-trick room

Hayate Ayasaki

where are the natures and evs?

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
We need natures, EVs, descriptions and a sixth Mon before we can rate this well

I would like to say though that not a single set there is competitively viable, nor is Rampardos viable at all in OU without a lot more support than you're giving it. Slowking is outclassed by Reuniclus badly in the role you have it filling, Hyper Beam and Zap Cannon should never ever ever be used ever, your item choices are generally bad (Shock Plate? Really?) and your team has a Fighting weakness.

That's about all I can give you without the above information.

Last edited:

Hopkinc1

Music = Life
Dude we need a lot more than this. We need EV's, Natures, Abilities, IV's (if they are changed for Hidden Power).

Now onto the problems at hand. First off, none of the plates are Viable except on 2 occasions: used on Arceus, or used on Scizor, and even then it's just Iron plate that should be used, not the Insect Plate. Scizor is not fast enough really to use Iron Head, and since you're using Bug Bite, I assume you're using Technician. Since you're running trick room on Slowking I also assume you want to run a Trick Room Team to make Rampardos blazing fast...that being said I suggest you make your entire team a Trick Room Team. I offer you this set:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
IV's: 0 Spd
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite / U-Turn
Superpower
Pursuit

That will get you a lot farther than using what you got. And with STAB Technician Choice Banded Bullet Punch coming off a base 130 attack....anything you attack will be in for a world of hurt. Your Ttar should be a DD set if it is planning on being offensive, Stealth Rocks if defensive. Take Outrage off and put Superpower, Pursuit for Crunch to trap, or leave it if you don't want a trapping TTar. Finally DD or Stealth rock in place of Protect. Yawn and Dream eater do NOT work well on Slowking, trust me on that. Dream Eater isn't too viable. and People will just switch out on the Yawn, I guarantee you you will put almost nothing too sleep. I don't run Slowking often but look up a good defensive set, that should do you some good.

I don't agree with saying Rampardos is unviable in OU; I've seen it rip through teams using Trick Room support, and if I of all people can make Kangaskhan somewhat Viable in OU, I'm sure someone can make Rampardos Viable. But this set is just terrible. It should have life orb and different moves. I'd give you a move set, but I never thought about using Rampardos before. Finally, your Porygon z is completely unviable. You're lacking a good special wall unless you use special wall TTar. I would switch this to Bulky Eviolite attacking Porygon 2. Here is the set I use:

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EV's: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
IV's: 0 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
Trick Room
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover

This set gives you a second trick room set up while also giving you some fantastic bolt/beam coverage that will hit almost everything at least for neutral damage. Anyway that's all I can really think of. I hope some of that info helps you somehow.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Well yeah, but Rampardos needs TR support and opposing priority users have to be eliminated and it takes some prediction to avoid getting KOed on the switch. It just takes more support than one TR setter to use. I could have phrased that better though, yeah. I've used it myself once or twice.

Hopkinc1

Music = Life
Well yeah, but Rampardos needs TR support and opposing priority users have to be eliminated and it takes some prediction to avoid getting KOed on the switch. It just takes more support than one TR setter to use.

I can agree with this, the set does need a lot of work though....also Another thing, this is technically an incomplete team....so yeah get on that

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Closed due to not reading the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.