• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Raichu or Luxray?

TanBun

I'm back :3
I would choose luxray because of its look and his stats.And he is less obese than Raichu.

Craig T

Banned
I would choose Luxray because it is bulkier, cooler-looking and better Sp. Attack stats.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Mh, I actually prefer Raichu out of the two, but I don't like to take Pokémon from older generation in a game (I won't pick a first generation Pokémon like Pikachu in a Diamond playthrough). So it would be Luxray for me. I love Pokémon with great Speed and sometimes Luxray disapointed me, that's why I like Raichu ; fast and hit strong.
Although I prefer Pachirisu. I took Pachirisu instead of those two because it's nice and Super Fang can do a really good job. I also like how Pachirisu is bulky, it sometimes can resists multiple hits before going down and give the advantage to my team. A fast bulky squirrel, I love it.

Last edited:
Luxray. Better bulk and special attack. Only go Taichung for speed/paralyzing

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
I preffer Luxray you can breed it so it knows either fire fang or Ice fang Raichu is way too over used in my opinion

I recommend Luxray. Raichu is cool and can learn a lot of moves which are not always expected for an electric type, but Luxray seems to do best with stat moves, like flash, double team, swords dance, and one or two electric moves, especially discharge. To help defeat Bertha, I taught my Luxray hyper beam and with flash and double team it's a nice attack and evade approach.

For me personally... aesthetics alone are enough of a reason to use Luxray. I have reservations about evolving Pikachu anyways... Nope, the TV show had no effect on me whatsoever!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Luxray by a long shot. I love his evolution line and he is always my first capture in D/P/P

I thought I was the only one who always caught shinx first, I guess not!

orochi

LuuuuxRaaaayyyyyy!I'd prefer a deeper voice actor for luxray -___- but for battle purposes luxray has a better movepool and higher attack. Yet raichu has superior speed. So go for what you want. If you need to put a .....whats it called >.> it increases speed with the cost of allowing 1 move, on Luxray....Oh just use that and switch it in when you need to XD

master3019

Me gusta Flygon
Raichu. I dig Shinx and all, but Raichu is like a deadly electric ball of floof, and I love it.

Burakoru

Belly Slide
I have to say Luxray; Raichu's not horrible, but honestly, Luxray was just my electric type for every time I played a Sinnoh game, Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum.

Raichu!

Gotta got with raichu! Classic*

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I can't remember what pokémon I used against the Elite Four (EF), though from what I can gather you're probably better off with Luxray.

Think about it, you only have to use a Thunderstone on Pikachu where you have to level up Shinx until he/she is level 30, where you'll have much higher stats and more HP.

It is, however, only a theory that I have whisked up, but it's only really valid if you put it into play :).