• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

raichu vs charizard faceoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darkeggy

Team Rocket Admin said:
Charizard > Blaziken. Blaziken's defenses are TERRIBLE. They're worse than Caterpies, and go look up Charizard's, and Blazikens defenses, and you'll see Charizard has better defenses. EQ will anniliate Blaziken anyday.

Hardly. Dumbass.

Caterpie Base Def= 35
Blaziken Base Def= 70
Charizard Base Def= 78

Charizards defenses are higher, but Rock moves do 4x to him. With simple math, we can determine that Blaziken will survive a Charizard EQ:

EQ Base Power= 100
Charizard base Attack= 84
Blaziken base Defense= 70
2x effectiveness
Minimum Damage 64%
Average Damage 70%
Maximum Damage 75%

BLAZIKEN SURVIVES A CHARIZARD EQ WITH ~25% HP TO SPARE

Blaziken's Rock Slide vs Charizard:
For fun, this is done assuming Blaziken has no Atk EVs, and Charizard having Max Defense.

Rock Slide Base Power= 75
Blaziken Base Attack= 120
Charizard Base Def= 78
4x effectiveness
Minimum Damage 97%
Average Damage 106%
Maximum Damage 114%

Now guess what'd happen if Blaziken had proper EVs, and Charizard had an average Charizard defense?

IN CONCLUSION, Blaziken will survive a Charizard's EQ, and beat it back down with Rock Slide(4x weak)

Team Rocket Admin

Darkeggy said:
Hardly. Dumbass.

Caterpie Base Def= 35
Blaziken Base Def= 70
Charizard Base Def= 78

Charizards defenses are higher, but Rock moves do 4x to him. With simple math, we can determine that Blaziken will survive a Charizard EQ:

EQ Base Power= 100
Charizard base Attack= 84
Blaziken base Defense= 70
2x effectiveness
Minimum Damage 64%
Average Damage 70%
Maximum Damage 75%

BLAZIKEN SURVIVES A CHARIZARD EQ WITH ~25% HP TO SPARE

Blaziken's Rock Slide vs Charizard:
For fun, this is done assuming Blaziken has no Atk EVs, and Charizard having Max Defense.

Rock Slide Base Power= 75
Blaziken Base Attack= 120
Charizard Base Def= 78
4x effectiveness
Minimum Damage 97%
Average Damage 106%
Maximum Damage 114%

Now guess what'd happen if Blaziken had proper EVs, and Charizard had an average Charizard defense?

IN CONCLUSION, Blaziken will survive a Charizard's EQ, and beat it back down with Rock Slide(4x weak)
I was being sarcastic about the Caterpie thing you idiot. You realize if Charizard has higher speed he may be able to get in another attack? Or the fact that he'll probably survive at least one Rockslide, or the fact no one uses Rockslide? For my friends who grew out of Pokemon years ago, for them it's Charizard or nothing. SO I'll just LOL at the fact that Blaziken will never equal Charizard's popularity, and it'll probably be forgotten when the D/P starters come by. Guess what though? After all these years the Kanto starters are still hugely popular. They're the original, and they'll never be forgotten. Meanwhile the Hoenn starters maybe have another 6-8 months in the spotlight before that light burns out. It happend to the Johto starters, and it'll happen again.

taylor

Banned
Team Rocket Admin said:
I was being sarcastic about the Caterpie thing you idiot. You realize if Charizard has higher speed he may be able to get in another attack? Or the fact that he'll probably survive at least one Rockslide, or the fact no one uses Rockslide? For my friends who grew out of Pokemon years ago, for them it's Charizard or nothing. SO I'll just LOL at the fact that Blaziken will never equal Charizard's popularity, and it'll probably be forgotten when the D/P starters come by. Guess what though? After all these years the Kanto starters are still hugely popular. They're the original, and they'll never be forgotten. Meanwhile the Hoenn starters maybe have another 6-8 months in the spotlight before that light burns out. It happend to the Johto starters, and it'll happen again.
wrong almost everyone in netbattle uses rockslede

B

Blaziken05

Team Rocket Admin said:
You saying Charizard sucks when you like Blaziken? ROFL I vote Charizard again. It pwns the **** out of a LOT of Pokemon.
I'm saying it's special movepool is bad. So is Blaziken's. Blaziken just has the physical stats to make it more usable as a physical sweeper. As I said in another thread, Blaziken is used in OU play because it can counter a lot of the common Pokemon. Not neccessarily because it's better. But Charizard needs to Belly Drum or Swords Dance before it has enough attack to sweep, whereas Blaziken doesn't alway need to.

Team Rocket Admin said:
Netbattle doesn't count, because it's not real
Therefore link battles don't count because Link Battles are the same as Netbattle, just without the perfect IVs. Meaning that there is no comparison because everything works ingame.

Team Rocket Admin said:
Even in link battles, a lot of people use Rock Slide. So popularity is clearly a definition of power...

Listen. I have no problem with Charizard. I'm just stating that it requires a physical moveset to work, and it's attack power hampers it.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lone_wolf816

Team Rocket Admin said:
Netbattle doesn't count, because it's not real

Will you ever face the fact that Charzard sucks? I dont know why when people say that he isnt good (wich is true) You start ranting about how he's so 00ber! He has high special attack but not a good enough movepool to help it! Plus that face off is over so be quiet!

;160;-Twisted Anger

D

Darkeggy

Team Rocket Admin said:

I don't care about popularity. I'm talking about Battle Statistics.

BOLD: Did you ignore my post completely? Blaziken will survive the EQ with at least 25% HP, and retaliate with Rock Slide, which will OHKO Charizard every time.

Building off of what taylor said, no one who knows what they're doing willl use the Focus Band, so dead 'Zard every time ;D.

TRA, popularity doesn't matter AT ALL. I assume your friends have never seen Rayquaza, Groudon, and Tyranitar then. And if they only play because they think Charizard looks cool, then they can't be as awesome as you say(you've told me countless times that they could beat me with ease). Anyone who can play and not die in one hit knows that it's battle power that matters, not how popular the foe is. Otherwise, NetBattle would be flooded with Skitties, Pikachus, Meowths, and Wobbuffets(well, at least Wobbuffet would live through battles). And you've been given undeniable evidence that Charizard will die every time Blaziken hits it, so why don't you just quit while you're behind?

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

taylor

Banned
if D/P supports internet compaticy then you could battle online without using NB and I am betting you guys will get in a pokemon battle with TRA using the charmander evolutions and CB using the torchic evolutions

Team Rocket Admin said:
You realize if Charizard has higher speed he may be able to get in another attack?
Not even Deoxys Speed Form with a Max Speed IV, 252 EVs in Speed and a +Speed Nature can get in another attack if it's already dead...

Or the fact that he'll probably survive at least one Rockslide, or the fact no one uses Rockslide?
lol. Just lol. Bar TOO few exceptions (Such as Tauros using Thunder against Mantine...), a 4x weakness equals death 99% of the time. Maybe it won't die if it's a Geodude's Rock Slide... but no one uses unevolved Pokémon. That's a rule of thumb, whether you're competitive or not... not a fact. :rolleyes:

No one uses Rock Slide? More like "Neophytes don't use Rock Slide". Not a fact at all... I can ensure that anything that can learn Rock Slide will use Rock Slide unless the Stats don't support it/It serves other purpose. It's like neglecting the BEST move of the Rock Type...

If no one uses Rock Slide wherever you live... God, that's such a primitive Metagame (Or not even that, considering it existed since RBY, and back then, it was the ONLY good Rock Move.). In the offensive, Rock is a deadly Type. Too deadly to ignore...

And popularity means nothing to define a Pokémon's playability. :rolleyes:

taylor said:
charizard is so weak it can be OHKO by a bug type and I have proof
XD. That Charizard was slow as hell, or Pinsir got a Baton Pass. Either way, Pinsir is pwnage. :D

Well, new day, new vote (Even if the current face-off is pretty much forgotten.). Raikou again. I find that weird, Gyarados-esque "mask" pretty cool actually.

This thread was dangerously close to becoming another flame war. STOP THE FLAMING! I had to contact Nara Shikamaru to close that horrible thread. Please don't make me contact them again. Yes, it was I who alerted him. So please stop it. Face-Offs is not the place for it, nor is any other place on the forums. Leave everyone else out of this pointless fight. This means you, ~*Commander Blizzard*~, TRA, Orion Master, Darkeggy.

Infinite Master Sceptile said:
This thread was dangerously close to becoming another flame war. STOP THE FLAMING! I had to contact Nara Shikamaru to close that horrible thread. Please don't make me contact them again. Yes, it was I who alerted him. So please stop it. Face-Offs is not the place for it, nor is any other place on the forums. Leave everyone else out of this pointless fight. This means you, ~*Commander Blizzard*~, TRA, Orion Master, Darkeggy.
Finally somebody Breaks up this yapping at eachother;202;

D

Diesel

Charizard. The only pokemon ever to gather the popularity Charizard has is Pikachu himself the face of Pokeman. Charizard also owns all.

Status
Not open for further replies.