• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Raid Battles

Drakoflash1

Pokemon Master
So just a general thread about raid battles, but as it just started rolling out, I'm sure it's a new topic.

Personally it's out in my country as far as I'm aware, however it says that my level isn't high enough to access it. Does anyone have any info on that? It's not like I'm a low level (I'm 25) so I wonder what they mean by that.

Rapiido

I'm assuming it's just a default message until the update actually rolls out. I'm level 31 and have the same thing.

Drakoflash1

Pokemon Master
I'm assuming it's just a default message until the update actually rolls out. I'm level 31 and have the same thing.

Yeah I've been hearing that from a few people with high levels. I wonder when the gyms and raids will be available.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It is indeed the default message. It's because this new update just came out has everything for Raid Battles to work, but they have yet to actually turn them on yet.

Drakoflash1

Pokemon Master
It is indeed the default message. It's because this new update just came out has everything for Raid Battles to work, but they have yet to actually turn them on yet.

I would've assumed that when the update comes out they'd release the new features. I wonder why they're waiting so long.

Vipsoccermaster

I would've assumed that when the update comes out they'd release the new features. I wonder why they're waiting so long.
Not everyone has the update yet, and it may still be rolling out in some countries. They want to give it time so that Niantic feels that everyone would be on the same page when it rolls out gradually across nations. At first, when they release the update, the new gym features will be on the "beta" side for a time, then it'll be for real.

Drakoflash1

Pokemon Master
Not everyone has the update yet, and it may still be rolling out in some countries. They want to give it time so that Niantic feels that everyone would be on the same page when it rolls out gradually across nations. At first, when they release the update, the new gym features will be on the "beta" side for a time, then it'll be for real.

Ahh I see. That makes more sense. Anyone hoping for any specific features?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Ahh I see. That makes more sense. Anyone hoping for any specific features?

We pretty much have the entire list of new features already. It's possible there may be a surprise or two, but not likely, as they seem to have told us everything.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yeah I've been hearing that from a few people with high levels. I wonder when the gyms and raids will be available.

On Serebii's main site, yesterday:

Pokémon GO - Update

Following on from the reveal on Tuesday and the commencement of the update rollout yesterday, The Pokémon Company International today sent out their monthly newsletter and, within this newsletter, it states that the new Pokémon Gym system and Raid Battles will be activated for Pokémon GO in early July. No further details have been given

So i was walking around today getting gyms and i got a couple notifications that there was a raid battle happening soon near me. The raid was happeneing at a gym. It also said i wasn't a high enough level for it. I am level 29 so i'm guessing i have to be at least level 30. But i just checked the shop and they had a Premium Raid Pass. So im guessing you need this pass or maybe a regular raid pass to participate in raids. Does anyone know anything else about these raids?

Vipsoccermaster

So i was walking around today getting gyms and i got a couple notifications that there was a raid battle happening soon near me. The raid was happeneing at a gym. It also said i wasn't a high enough level for it. I am level 29 so i'm guessing i have to be at least level 30. But i just checked the shop and they had a Premium Raid Pass. So im guessing you need this pass or maybe a regular raid pass to participate in raids. Does anyone know anything else about these raids?
They lowered the level requirement from 35 to 31, then from 31 to 28 earlier today. You're eligible to participate in one if there is one nearby. The regular pass entitles you one raid at a gym per day. The Premium Raid Pass allows for multiple uses per day, I believe.

Drakoflash1

Pokemon Master

I'm also pretty curious about this stuff, because I received a raid pass however I'm not a high enough level to participate in any, and there isn't even a premium raid pass in my shop lol.
I wonder what kinds of Pokémon we'll see in raids. I'd love for people to list what they've seen at raids so far. Very curious. I've heard there's even Magikarp showing up at some :p

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
They're starting to increase the number of Gyms that can do it too, which is good.

I'm hoping to be able to do some soon, but currently in an area with not many stops or gyms. Ah well, I guess I can wait.

Vipsoccermaster

I just attempted a raid battle at a gym two blocks away from where I live. It was an Exeggutor, level 2/5. It went well, although I was the only one who completed that raid battle. First attempt took too much time, but second attempt I got through and got a lot of experience points (3,000 XP), some revives, a Rare Candy, and two Golden Razz Berries. Was able to successfully catch Exeggutor. Completing raid battles will give you a big boost in points for that gym badge you took on.

Drakoflash1

Pokemon Master
I just attempted a raid battle at a gym two blocks away from where I live. It was an Exeggutor, level 2/5. It went well, although I was the only one who completed that raid battle. First attempt took too much time, but second attempt I got through and got a lot of experience points (3,000 XP), some revives, a Rare Candy, and two Golden Razz Berries. Was able to successfully catch Exeggutor. Completing raid battles will give you a big boost in points for that gym badge you took on.

Awesome! Good job! Also thanks for the info. I can't find too much info on the details of what Pokémon appear and little details like what you mentioned.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm also pretty curious about this stuff, because I received a raid pass however I'm not a high enough level to participate in any, and there isn't even a premium raid pass in my shop lol.
I wonder what kinds of Pokémon we'll see in raids. I'd love for people to list what they've seen at raids so far. Very curious. I've heard there's even Magikarp showing up at some :p

Raids are going down in my city, good lord!

Brother-in-law just nabbed a good IV'd Machamp, while my teammate just managed to get a perfect IV'd Gengar. I participated in a Snorlax-raid, but didn't manage the capture because that bag of lard just kept on jumping for some reason. Then when I headed into the city center I saw several, including Jolteon, Exeggutor, Quilava, Magikarp, Weezing, Magmar, Bayleef, which is all pretty amazing.

I had to choose between the Snorlax and Magikarp. Because I don't have a decent Snorlax at a normal CP, I went to look out the Snorlax and whether or not there was a crowd there. There was. So I decided to join that raid. Which was succesful, but I wasn't at the capture stage.

Rapiido

Just managed to beat a Gengar at level 19000+ but failed epically at catching it. I didn't realize you could ONLY use Premier Balls. Also didn't know until after that you didn't have to join the raid immediately when it started, so I missed out on doing it with my roommate cause I ran over.
But still, cool nonetheless.

jacensolo66

Finished 2 raids so far. A level 3 Machamp which I failed to capture but got a Fast TM, 2 Rare Candy, and 3 Golden Razz berry for beating. And a level 1 Crocanow which I caught but only got 1 Golden Razz berry for beating. Was hoping you got to choose but the TM's just randomly switch your attack. Did switch my Gyrados from Bite to Dragon Tail tho.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
My experience with Raid Battles so far: found one when it was at the one minute mark, couldn't do a U-turn fast enough to get back to it; found another (level 3 Machamp)...behind private property, couldn't get to it; found another, but it was just a Jolteon. All in all, not impressed.