• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Raid Battles

PokeMaster366

Did my first official raid today (Solo raids don't count). Teamed up with 9 other people to take down a Tyranitar. Caught it within 3 balls. Now he's a new member of the team.

Drakoflash1

Pokemon Master
Did my first official raid today (Solo raids don't count). Teamed up with 9 other people to take down a Tyranitar. Caught it within 3 balls. Now he's a new member of the team.

So jealous. I was only able to go out for a run after the game turned dark, and as far as I'm aware they stop raids during the night.

Did my first raid yesturday. It was a Muk, i didnt end up catching it but i got some golden razz berries and some rare candies.

PokeMaster366

Just did two raids today. One for a Flareon and another for Lapras. Got lucky and caught Lapras AND got some tms. Used a TM on Vaporeon and got Hydro Pump.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Yesterday I did two raids and beat them both ( Weezing and Croconaw ) solo. Today I saw a level 3 raid while I was at Dave & Busters, but I would've needed to wait another 45 minutes for it in and find the exact location that gym is in an unfamiliar area. I'd also likely need at least 1-2 other high level players to beat it unless it was Gengar. When I got back to my normal area I play I saw a raid was about to start in one of the gyms. It ended up being Electabuzz and one of the other Team Mystic players in my area joined in. We absolutely demolished it with me using a pair of Espeon and him using a Rhydon. I caught it in 3 tries because 2 were wasted by him attacking the ball. After that, we went the 100 feet to the other gym and took over it.

jacensolo66

Did a couple more raids today. 2 Tyranitar(beat both, caught 1), Muk, Exeggutor, and for whatever reason did a Magikarp. Got 3 charge TMs, a couple rare candy, and some golden Razz berries.

Vipsoccermaster

Did a raid last night, but failed to defeat the Muk in time. Did another raid today, against a Croconaw, and was successful. However, Muk (level 2) and Croconaw (level 1) were both done by me alone. I don't think there are anyone playing the game in my neighborhood, so I can't really risk my chances for levels 3 and 4 if I'm seriously the only one participating.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Got my first Tyranitar today. Effing Epic. Got some great items as well. Along with what I've received for a Snorlax Raid two days ago, I've gotten one Fast TM and 2 Charged TM's, 6 Rare Candies and 9 Golden Razz's (obviously subtracting the ones I used on the Snorlax and Tyranitar).

I've seen a list of what spawns as a Raid Boss, and honestly I'm quite surprised at it being very centered around GenI still. Bayleef, Quilava, Croconaw and Tyranitar are the only GenII Raid Bosses. Surely there's a lot more potential there, right? It would've been sweet if we could get Ampharos, Steelix, Scizor, Kingdra, and Blissey for example through these raids. I don't know anybody that is willing to go for a Blastoise these days, when you can get a Snorlax or Tyranitar possibly. Sure, I get that some people haven't gotten everything yet, but Niantic has pushed the starters hard enough with the Waterfest/GrassWeekend/Solstice-events. And I get that stuff like Koffing and Muk are rare, so that's fine. I just think there's no reason for Magmar/Electabuzz to be a Raid Boss for example.

Exact same story here! 3rd try as wellIt has about 75% IV's, with Bite and Crunch, but it's a FREAKING TYRANITAR - which I didn't have and was walking towards (currently at 72 candy with Larvitar). I'd probably go for another T-tar raid if it popped up close-by enough.

Did a raid last night, but failed to defeat the Muk in time. Did another raid today, against a Croconaw, and was successful. However, Muk (level 2) and Croconaw (level 1) were both done by me alone. I don't think there are anyone playing the game in my neighborhood, so I can't really risk my chances for levels 3 and 4 if I'm seriously the only one participating.

Yeah, level 3 might still work if the Boss is a Flareon and you've got some crazy high Omastar/Kabutops that 4x resist and have Stone Edge/Hydro Pump. I got stuck yesterday with only one extra person in a Tier 4 Raid against a Snorlax.. We managed to get down to 75%.. -.-

I still need a good Muk, and if one pops up nearby then I'll probably go after it

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today I'm debating between going to Mall Of America or Valleyfair to spend the day catching Pokemon and doing a couple raids. The advantage to the mall is that I don't have to worry about weather or getting sunburn. The disadvantage is there is a lot of GPS drift and I haven't seen what it looks like after the gym update because there were only 2 gyms before the update, one of which was basically impossible to do because of drift. Valleyfair before the update had at least 4-5 gyms, but it is farther away and food costs are higher. The rides are better though for when I'm charging my phone.

Exsception

Born Completionist
I've gotta say, Raids are really fun. Not so much the actual Raid Battle, but the fact that I'm meeting up with all sorts of players that, prior to Raids, I had never met before. Now I'm in a group of about 15 people, and we notify each other about nearby Raids and take them on together. I think Niantic has finally made Pokemon Go into what it was originally made for.

But anyway, here are my gains so far. On Saturday I did a few Raids, which got me a couple of decent Gengars. I also got a single Charged TM, which I proceeded to use on my Scizor but only to go from the worst Charged Attack to the second worst.:(

Yesterday I did quite a few Raids. I hooked up with 10 other people and we took on a Tyranitar, which we beat fairly easily. Unfortunately, 7 Premier Balls wasn't enough and it escaped from me. A later Raid got me an 89% Arcanine with perfect moves, which makes up for it. Kinda.

PokeMaster366

I think all of the Raid Pokemon are guaranteed to have decent IVs to some degree (I assume their IVS are determined by a roll between 10 and 15 instead of the usual 0 to 15).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I think all of the Raid Pokemon are guaranteed to have decent IVs to some degree (I assume their IVS are determined by a roll between 10 and 15 instead of the usual 0 to 15).

They are. They work the same as Pokémon that hatch from eggs do.

Vipsoccermaster

I was heading to a gym that has Quilava (level 1), but I wasn't able to reach it in time as it vanished. So instead I went to a different gym that was close which was also level 1, but had Bayleef instead. There was one other member (same team as mine), and we easily took it down. Easy rewards and easy experience. Didn't see the guy, so the guy must be inside the restaurant.

I did my first raid battle yesterday but I was the only one around facing a 22,000+ Venusaur, so I epically lost. However, I just did another one against a Weezing and there was one other person and we took it down and I caught it. It was so much fun, and I think they're a great addition to the game.

kierant3hz

Dragonite is not a Raid Boss, contrary to what the page says. Not sure if this is the proper place to put it, but i feel like someone should be made aware (despite there being a screenshot of that with a premier ball)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Dragonite is not a Raid Boss, contrary to what the page says. Not sure if this is the proper place to put it, but i feel like someone should be made aware (despite there being a screenshot of that with a premier ball)

Raid battles are still in beta mode, and therefore the Pokémon we see now likely aren't reflective of what we'll see in the end. Blissey was also shown as a possible Raid Boss in some of the pictures Niantic released.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
11 premium balls with golden razz berries and I can't catch a Croconaw but Muk and Weezing I can catch with 1-2 :(

Assuming that Go's catch-rates are the same as the main series games, Croconaw is actually harder to catch than Muk and Weezing, so it's not that crazy. (And, by the way, it's Premier Balls, not Premium Balls. Hope I don't sound rude, just thought you might want to know.)

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
After I had lunch I noticed a level 4 raid would be starting in an hour and a half. I posted it to Facebook and we had enough people for Team Mystic to be in one raid group and Team Instinct to be in the other. The couple Team Valor people joined Team Mystic since there wasn't enough of them for their own group. My group ended up being 12 people and we beat the Tyranitar with around 100 seconds left on the clock. I caught it on first try using Golden Razz Berry and Great throw. Unfortunately not a "wonder" iv, just a caught attention.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yesterday I did two raids, both were Muk, but neither had any noteworthy IV's. I was kind of disappointed by it actually. But oh well, no candies lost on a crap Grimer, but I'll definitely try again for a better IV'd one.

Today there was a Tyranitar and Team Valor came out in droves again. The irony of it all is that this raid took place at a Jehova's Witness Kingdom Hall.. Which as we all know shun Pokémon because it's satanic. Cue two dozen kids and young adults trying to catch a Tyranitar on their doorstep.. xD

We managed to take down the Tyranitar in 40 seconds, but I failed to capture this one. Oh well, four out of five isn't bad. After that, me and a few others took down three gyms, two of which got taken down on the same day, which meant that I got my 50 coins, which is sweet, and once the last one gets taken down (it's past midnight now), I'll get 50 coins again. Considering that I usually didn't manage to get 70 coins per week pre-update, this is a VAST improvement for me personally. For my teammates not so much, one told me that he actually managed to receive 700 to 800 coins a week on a structural basis and that "only" getting 50 a day was a huge setback, since you need 100 a day to get a premium raid pass. And then there was me scraping the barrel for any 10 coins I could.

That being said, I've managed to buy a couple of bag upgrades and I finally feel as if I've got room to keep the pokéballs I want and keep the potions that I want. Which are especially necessary now that taking down gyms has become a bit easier without the Blissey-blocks.

I was heading to a gym that has Quilava (level 1), but I wasn't able to reach it in time as it vanished. So instead I went to a different gym that was close which was also level 1, but had Bayleef instead. There was one other member (same team as mine), and we easily took it down. Easy rewards and easy experience. Didn't see the guy, so the guy must be inside the restaurant.

Spoofers still do exist you know. Not saying he wasn't in that restaurant, but most of the time when you can't see 'em, they're spoofing. But I guess that when you're stuck in such a situation that it doesn't really hurt you personally.

After I had lunch I noticed a level 4 raid would be starting in an hour and a half. I posted it to Facebook and we had enough people for Team Mystic to be in one raid group and Team Instinct to be in the other. The couple Team Valor people joined Team Mystic since there wasn't enough of them for their own group. My group ended up being 12 people and we beat the Tyranitar with around 100 seconds left on the clock. I caught it on first try using Golden Razz Berry and Great throw. Unfortunately not a "wonder" iv, just a caught attention.

How dare they! Where I live, it's basically unheard off for Mystic and Valor to coincide peacefully. This is because Team Instinct is the vast minority where I live and us Valor-kids see ourselves as the underdogs half of the time.