• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Raid community

Eldegoss

Pollinate me.
I am 100% down to have a dedicated Discord for people solely looking to raid! Nearly every Pokemon related Discord I can find at the moment have nobody willing to help with 5* raids, so this would be great.

I am currently building supportive Pokémon, such as Eldegoss and Hatterene that will focus on being bulky while being able to heal our party with moves like Pollen Puff and Life Dew.

But I also have plenty of offensive Pokémon too, so I’m good either way.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Hoping. And hoping my computer gets fixed asap. Can only be on it for around 10-15 minutes at a time (not kidding).

Eldegoss

Pollinate me.
Also, if the OP doesn't make the Discord today, I will do it once I get home from work (around 5-6 hours from time of posting), or I will help out with whatever I can at the very least.

I'm just excited to finally have a raiding community so I am not stuck with the AI using Eevee and Clefairy in 5* raids lmao.

EDIT: I made a Discord while at work: https://discord.gg/uZjCzxr

I will not be online to do anything with it for now, but let me know in the suggestions and feedback channel what we will need for the long run!

Last edited:

RandomCase

Guildmaster of Rabid Raiders
Haha I see that you're impatient for this to get started :) Ok, we have a discord and I'll open a raiding guild later today (my later today, CET timezone). I'll link it here in the OP when I'm done.

Eldegoss

Pollinate me.
Haha I see that you're impatient for this to get started :) Ok, we have a discord and I'll open a raiding guild later today (my later today, CET timezone). I'll link it here in the OP when I'm done.

You will have full Moderator privileges on the Discord, as you are the one who got this ball rolling! Please don't think I'm trying to steal your thunder hahaha :p

RandomCase

Guildmaster of Rabid Raiders
Haha no worries :p I'm have very little to none exp with discord so I wouldn't mind sharing mod privileges with you :)

Raiders, here are some things that you might know already but I'm confirming them from my experience:

- 5 star raids give you 5IV pokemon. I'm not sure if this is the rule but every 5 star raid pokemon that I got had 5 perfect IVs (including a gigantamax butterfree)
- Dinamax Ditto spawn is just after the bridge in the right corner next to a tree
- I'm still unsure can a gigantamax pokemon breed an offspring capable of gigantamaxing (I have to investigate this)

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Is there a way to increase your chances of catching Gigantomax Pokemon? So far I'm 0 for 5 all using Ultra Balls, and the closest I got was two clicks on a Gigantomax Sandaconda.

Rook_Black

I would love to get on board with dedicated raid peeps. The matchmaking when I post a 5 star is literally not working but I have tried link code many times with success.

Noy

loaded up the game this morning, only one raid spawned: 5star gmax sandaconda. So unless people help me beat this, I guess no solo raids today. :(

I already have one for that matter, so I don't care for catching it, just making the dens roll a new set is all, yesterday I couldn't roll because of another 5star. GF seriously needed to balance the spawning mechanics for these raids with risk assessment in mind. I shouldn't have to wait a day or spend a scarce currency to do any raids at all.

So yeah I'm up for this as well.

Bus

Sounds great. I haven't made it to 5-star raids yet, but when I do,'ll be ready to post my FC here.

Eldegoss

Pollinate me.
Haha no worries :p I'm have very little to none exp with discord so I wouldn't mind sharing mod privileges with you :)

No worries, just send me a PM on Discord so I know who you are! ~ :D

Do we think the Y-Comm issues is due to lag in new cards loading, or because of server issues? We have had the games for nearly a week, so there should be plenty of people doing at least 4* raids, but nobody joins.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
What's the catch rates of 4-5 star Gigantamax forms? I can't seem to catch a break, I've battled in over a dozen raids and they always break out before the first shake using Ultra Balls. Does anyone else have a similar experience, or special insight that I'm not aware of? It's highly unmotivating to say the least.

Is there a way to increase your chances of catching Gigantomax Pokemon? So far I'm 0 for 5 all using Ultra Balls, and the closest I got was two clicks on a Gigantomax Sandaconda.

I managed to get both Centiskorch and Corviknight today, and it looks as though you get better odds if you can use balls with higher multipliers than Ultra Balls. For Centiskorch, I used a Net Ball (albeit this was maybe my sixth try, so it's no guarantee). For Corviknight, I used a Repeat Ball.

The latter, I'd say, is probably your best bet if nothing else qualifies (like being Water or Bug for the Net Ball or it being at night for the Dusk Ball). Every Gigantamax Pokémon have non-Gigantamax versions out in the wild, and if you can get the species registered in the Pokédex, you get a x3.5 multiplier instead of the regular x2 multiplier for Ultra Balls. Of course you'll need a source of Repeat Balls.

No worries, just send me a PM on Discord so I know who you are! ~ :D

Do we think the Y-Comm issues is due to lag in new cards loading, or because of server issues? We have had the games for nearly a week, so there should be plenty of people doing at least 4* raids, but nobody joins.

From what I can gather, most people playing this game are still going through the game and not qualified for 4-star raids yet, let alone 5-star raids. If they're playing, say, 2 hours per day, they'd be at about 10 to 12 hours. If they're taking their time, then they're probably making their way to Hammerlocke or even earlier than that.

None of my friends are as far into the game as I am. I am the only person I know who's qualified for 5-star raids. Some have only just fully evolved their starter. One hasn't even gotten his game in the mail yet!

LokYin

Great idea for sure. It is way too difficult to look for players for online max raid, and is basically impossible to beat 5 stars with 3 npc.