• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Raikou, Entei, Suicune; Legendary Cats or Dogs?

Entei, Raikou, Suicune; Legendary Cats or Dogs?

• Cats

Votes: 35 24.8%
  • Dogs

Votes: 55 39.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 36.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dattebayo

Banned
Beasts, because they sure don't look like cats nor dogs.

Yaezakura

Asian Lesbian Gamer
They are Legendary Cat-Dogs. They were all born with a wolf and a purr, and I heard their births caused a little stir.

STICKTOPIA

Dogs.... what else....?

lansbury9

Before Pokémon Gold/Silver came out, there was a mention from Nintendo: "more dogs? there are rumors." And there is. Suicune seems to be a cat, at least to Eusine. There was also a mention of a skateboard that "you could use to get over railings" on the route north of Goldenrod still being beta back then. (the screen-shots looked awesome, similar to Celestic Town where CYNTHIA lives) Also, if they do happen to be cats, wouldn't it be similar to Yu-Gi-Oh? I get the "dog" joke, though. Just say it backwards!

They look feline to me.

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Raikou seems pretty cat-ish to me. Suicune Half-dog Half-deer thingy. Entei... beats me

Attack_Kitty

That Psychic Trainer
It's kind of obvious just by looking at them that they're cats.

Raikou = Saber Tooth Tiger
Entei = Lion
Suicune = Cheetah

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I've heard people call the Legendary Dogs. Thats the term I use most. I've also heard them refered to as the Legendary Beast. That seems to fit more.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
a tiger (Raikou - shape of black thunders throughout its body), a lion (Entei - its mane) and a wolf with feline characteristics (Suicune)... I think they are cats...

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
You have no idea how many times I've wished everyone could just call them "beasts" and stop this overdone argument from happening again and again and again and again...

As for my personal opinion:
Raikou:Tiger. You're blind or something if you DON'T see a tiger in that.
Entei:When I first saw its GS sprite, I thought it was a dog. When I saw its official & anime art, I thought it was a lion. I'm sticking with it being a lion, really.
Suicune: Hell if I know. I always saw it as a unicorn, but everyone I've told that to thinks that's completely weird and off. On the other hand, I absolutely cannot see a wolf/panther/cheetah/any number of other weird things people have seen in it. Therefore, I declare Suicune to be a "thing."

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
Many many years ago I heard the gerbil thing so now I see them as gerbils...

Status
Not open for further replies.