• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Raikou, Entei, Suicune; Legendary Cats or Dogs?

Entei, Raikou, Suicune; Legendary Cats or Dogs?

• Cats

Votes: 35 24.8%
  • Dogs

Votes: 55 39.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 36.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Johto came out all those years ago I have heard that people say they are "Cats" or "Dogs" like how Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos are legendary birds.

I've given you the option of voting for "Cats", "Dogs" and "Other" and if you choose "Other" please specify what you think they are.

Hopefully this thread can settle an argument (however I doubt it) about this silly topic.

My opinion: They are Legendary Cats. Entei could be mistaken for a cat and Raikou is obviosly feline - just look at it. But Suicune, to me it just looks like..a thing! I just don't really see much dog in this bunch, except maybe for Entei.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
I think they're neither, Entei is a lion and I think a mastiff mix, Raikou is definitely the oly feline, a saber-tooth cat, and Suicune is a wolf and panther mix.

Janovy

Banned
They are Pokemon, deal with it.

Mawile412

Problem
they're cats but i guess that's just my opinion. I don't see how Suicune is a wolf

Togekiss•Torchic

Aaaaaaah~♫
Suicune has some feline features Raikou is possibly based off a saber tooth tiger and Entei is the only one that can be related to a dog

Penguinist Trainer

I'm pretty sure they are Legendary Pokemon... maybe Beasts if you want to be technically, but I don't know any dogs or cats that breathe fire among other things. Pokemon are pokemon, they might be based on some real life creature, but it's a lot simpler to leave it at that. Use your imagination and call them whatever you want. Either that or call the pokemon designers and ask them specifically what they based certain pokemon off of.

ZFXZFX

ANOTHER one of these threads.

Entei = Lion(Or, apparently, A volcano)|Raikou = A Raiju?|Suicune = Wolf/Leopard or Cheetah|

Entei: Here
Raikou: Here
Suicune: Here

Thankyou Bulbapedia!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Oh god, this again?

They're gerbils. Deal with it.

In all actuality, Entei is a lion, Suicune is a wolf, and Raikou is a tiger.

There is no collective title for them other then "Legendary beasts" or "Legendary four-legged animals".

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
i consider them a combo of both... even though Raikou is clearly a saber-tooth.
Entei's like i dunno, a lion hybrid or something, and Suicune is the combo.
that's my opinion and i'm sticking with it. :D

AstralEon

The one and only.
I always thought of them as dogs. But seeing what BlitzBlast stated, most of them relate to cats/feline. So I'm voting for Cats.

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
... Again? I thought that there was already a poll for this in the 2nd Gen. Disc.

Like before, I simply call them Beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.