• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Raikou Rider's Color-in Thread

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
Raikou Rider's Color-in Thread (NEW! 04/14/2006 Rattata)

MysticFlames gave me all of the original art for these pics. I colored them. I have been posting my art in different threads for some time, but I think I'll put them all in here from now on.

Kid, put those goggles down right now!

I wonder how warm his butt is...XD

Could you slow down just a little, Suicune?

One of the most Altoshippy pics ever posted on Serebii. :D

This is what happens when May takes a vacation to Alto Mare.

Ash would be incredibly ticked at Gary if he saw this pic. XD

Man, it would be SO cool to find one that big...

Heh, looks like a dare Misty accepted.

Wow, he sure knows how to keep that Jolteon calm!

Yanma, let's fly, but no sudden moves!

See, I told you Winona doesn't ride just her oversized Skarmory...

...And Winona riding a normal Swellow.

Cipher, you have officially been OWNED! Owned, I say!

My scanner screwed this one up horribly. It looks great on paper, but my scanner wouldn't pick up the delicate colors.

Falkner speeding on his sonic bird.

Such a serious gym leader, even aboard one of her favorite Pokémon.

He had a Ninetales, remember?

I re-did this since my old one looked like crap. X_x;;

Wow, is he ever the lucky one.

And a remake of my third picture. It needed to be redone anyway.

I don't know what to say about this one. XD

Shiny Suicune looks so...icy.

I want one!

Another electric-type for you...

The dream of Blaine come true.

Don't hurt yourself up there, Pryce.

Eusine: MINE!

Morty seemed the best Gym Leader for the job.

Koga, the night rider.

Didn't expect to see manga characters in here did you?

This is my fic and RPG character, Josh.

I thought you were supposed to sit behind Scyther's wings, but it's your call, Bugsy...

Shalin and Midori, two characters from my fanfic.

A Lot of Bull.

Beast Rider Eron...he's flying Zoltin, the Light-type legendary Beast. (Fanfic Spoilers) [spoil]It looks like it's running, but when it flies, it looks and feels like it's running. It also has some psychic ability in the fact that it's best controlled by just letting it read the rider's thoughts. It's a little faster than Raikou.[/spoil]

Beast Rider Donovan, aboard Akuji, the Beast of Darkness. It reaches top sprinting speeds of nearly 400 mph.

A burning ambition for riding fiery Pokémon.

Must be exciting for Clair to finally have one.

Another character from my fic...Ace, rider of Entei!

Last edited:

ForestEmerald

Indigo Champion
Those are awesome! Keep up the good work!

X

xxLindsay

Latest is the best. I like May&Latios though. Nice job ^^;;

A

AKEBOSHI

Hey, you improved your coloring pic by pic :D

Your pics look abit flat though ^^;

Last edited by a moderator:

Catapult Turtle

AbLªh GenerªL
They're nice, but there are certain things I'm noticing... Like no one has any shading. It is possible to do shading with colored pencils. Even with crayons. But anyway, it seens you're hesitating a bit. Like, you're not pressing hard enough for the full color, although this was improving in pics as it went on. You should try using Prismacolor pencils. They can be found at art supplies stores. They're really expensive but work really well.

But I love the colors you chose. They fit so well.

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
Squirtle Girl said:
They're nice, but there are certain things I'm noticing... Like no one has any shading. It is possible to do shading with colored pencils. Even with crayons. But anyway, it seens you're hesitating a bit. Like, you're not pressing hard enough for the full color, although this was improving in pics as it went on. You should try using Prismacolor pencils. They can be found at art supplies stores. They're really expensive but work really well.

But I love the colors you chose. They fit so well.

Thanks ^_^

It's kind of hard to do any shading with yellow because the color is so light.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Ah, here's your thread. ^^;;

I've already seen most of these, but now I see what you were talking about with people riding Pokemon we'd normally think of as too small.

Did you use regular, run-of-the-mill colored pencils? If so, take the white one, go over a picture (pushing very hard on the pencil) and see what happens to the color quality ;)

*Cough* anyway, if you wanna get adventurous with the shading, here are some shading tips: go through the pics with the basic colors done very lightly and a few variants mixed in lightly as well. I find that making your own custom colors gets some cooja results ^^ Then do another layer of the basic color, pushing very hard to get the fullest color.

Then take darker pencils (ie if something's blue, get a dark blue pencil) for shading, OR with light colors such as yellow, do the opposite color (in this case, purple.) Yes, yellow plus a very lightly done layer of purple equals shadow yellow. Then go over everything with white to smooth it all together.

I find that a 50 pack of crayolas work fine. ^^;;; (I hate Prismas....they're eeeeevil, they don't let you layer the color!!!!!)

~Chibi~;249;<?>;rukario;