• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rain Dance Team

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
I always wanted to make a team with Kingdra and a Rain Dance team and look at that Kingdra go's perfect in a Rain Dance team. So right now the team isn't so great cause I lose to 3 common Pokemon Celebi,Latias and Tyranitar. Well anyways here it is.

At a Glance:
dpmfa135.png
dpmfa437.png
dpmfa212.png
ludicolo-m.png
dpmfa171.png
dpmfa230.png

In Depth:

Lead
jolteon.png

Jolteon@Damp Rock
Nature:Timid
Ev's 252Spe/252Spa/4Hp
Moves
Rain Dance
Thunder
Substitute
Baton Pass

My lead faster than any others unless they carry Choice Scarf or is Electrode/Aero(I tie with Aero) If I pull off RD and dont die I will use Thunder and if I predict an EQ I will switch to Bronzong.RD and Thunder are self explainitory Sub. and BP is pretty basic also if I think a staus is heading towards me then I sub and BP or RD.

Setup Guy
bronzong.png

Bronzong@ Damp Rock
Nature:Impish
Ev's 252Hp/128Atk/128Def
Moves
Rain Dance
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Gyroball

Hopefully switch in on EQ then setup SR.Ev's allow me to OHKO 252Def/0Hp Snorlax with Explosion.Thinking about him as a lead?Gyroball helps me with T-Tar a bit.

Physical Sweeper
scizor.png

Scizor@Choice Band
Nature:Adamant
Ev's 248Hp/252Att/8SpDef
Moves
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Pursuit
Superpower

This guy is practically unstoppable in the rain. With Rain downgrading Fire type moves he can stay in for awhile. This si a standard set. Originally this spot was Kabutops but SCizor is better right now.

Special Sweeper
sugimoris272.png

Ludicolo@Life Orb
Nature:Modest
Ev's 192Spa/198Spe/120Hp
Moves
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Surf
Rain Dance

Can 2HKO all Bulky Waters with Grass Knot. Ice Beam 2HKO's Celebi and Tangrowth. Surf is for anything else and Rain Dance is so it can sweep on its own and another Rain Dance Setupper. This thing is very deadly and can take out many Pokemon on a team.The Ev's provided give me 450 Speed in the rain which outspeeds Scarfgon 290 Spa enough to 2HKO all Smogon Standard sets of Bulky Waters and Celebi and the Hp gives me a LO number of 331.

Bulky Sweeper
sugimori171.png

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Calm
Volt Absorb

EVs: 164 HP / 130 Def / 216 SpDef

Thunder / Discharge
Surf
Rest
Sleep Talk
Calum told me of this set. It gets a boost in the rain and can annoy the opponent with its typing and bulk.Helps me with Luke/Scizor.

Beast
kingdra.png

Kingdra@Life Orb
Nature:Rash
Ev's 88Att/252Spa/168Spe

Moves
Draco Meteor
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Rain Dance

Can sweep through teams with ease after a Rain Dance and can setup Rain Dance on his own. Hydro Pump destroys Draco Meteor is for Vappy and Grass types. I have swept whole teams with this in the Rain it is very destructive.This set was made thanks to some help from Rhys.

Thats my team any help will be appreciated and help with the Ev's because honestly I just took them from Smogon except for Lanturn which I got from Calum and Ludicolo which I did with Salavoir and Rezon and Kingdra which Rhys helped me with.

Changes in Bold.

Last edited:

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
Kabutops with X-scissor can solve your problem against Celebi and Latias, especially when it carries Swords Dance. And T-tar won't like a rain-boosted (SD) Waterfall. If you want the set, I can give it to you.

Kabutops@Life Orb
Adamant
Swift Swim
EVs: 72 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 184 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Waterfall
~Stone Edge
~X-Scissor

This Kabutops could replace Floatzel, if you choose to use this guy.

Also you could make Kingdra an all special rain dance attacker with RD/Surf/Dragon Pulse/Signal Beam or HP:Electric, since most people expect DD Kingrda and Celebi and Empoleon love to come in on a Kingdra sweep.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
I was thinking of Kabutops over Floatzel I will try him out and see how I do and the Kingdra I have now I might change only Draco Meteor to Dragon Pulse considering I have lost games due to missing with Draco Meteor.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
ok I just did roughly 20 battles with the Kabutops in my team and it is way better than Floatzel it helps me out a lot sweeping whole teams while in the rain so I will edit the OP and thanks for the set.

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
ok I just did roughly 20 battles with the Kabutops in my team and it is way better than Floatzel it helps me out a lot sweeping whole teams while in the rain so I will edit the OP and thanks for the set.

Any time, man. Good luck.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Anyone else have suggestions?

calum

Banned
Bronzong@ Damp Rock
Nature:Impish
Ev's 252Hp/128Atk/128Def
Moves
Rain Dance
Explosion
Stealth Rock
Reflect

If TTar is causing you problems, run Earthquake and Gyro Ball over Explosion and Protect. Really, this lead work imo work better than Jolteon.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Nature:Adamant
Ev's 110Hp/216Atk/184Spe
Moves
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge

I think this pokemon can be replaced by something else. I am unsure about three Swift Swimmers as well.

So, you have 2 spots available.

Now two members. As Bronzong runs Gyro Ball now, you are no longer Tyranitar weak. So this means all you really need is a Scizor / Luke check and a way to take on some sort of special hitters. Especially ones benefitting from the rain. These two spots could be Zapdos and possibly Lanturn ??? or you could go for something more standard. The reason for Lanturn is that it is immune to electric and also serves as a water resist. You can also run ResTalk Lanturn, and plus Lanturn really gets the cool factor. Or you could go for the bog standard ResTalk Lax, who takes hit better, but does not benefit from the rain or resist the things you need it to. The reason for Zappy was that it resists ground and can counter Scizor and Lucario, two pokemon rain dancers have problems with, due to the priority moves they offer. It also offers a valuable fighting resist that your team currently lacks without Gyarados.

sugimori145.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid
Pressure

EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe

Thunder
HP Water
Roost
Roar / Heatwave

sugimori171.png

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Calm
Volt Absorb

Thunder / Discharge
Surf
Rest
Sleep Talk

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
If TTar is causing you problems, run Earthquake and Gyro Ball over Explosion and Protect. Really, this lead work imo work better than Jolteon.

I think this pokemon can be replaced by something else. I am unsure about three Swift Swimmers as well.

So, you have 2 spots available.

Now two members. As Bronzong runs Gyro Ball now, you are no longer Tyranitar weak. So this means all you really need is a Scizor / Luke check and a way to take on some sort of special hitters. Especially ones benefitting from the rain. These two spots could be Zapdos and possibly Lanturn ??? or you could go for something more standard. The reason for Lanturn is that it is immune to electric and also serves as a water resist. You can also run ResTalk Lanturn, and plus Lanturn really gets the cool factor. Or you could go for the bog standard ResTalk Lax, who takes hit better, but does not benefit from the rain or resist the things you need it to. The reason for Zappy was that it resists ground and can counter Scizor and Lucario, two pokemon rain dancers have problems with, due to the priority moves they offer. It also offers a valuable fighting resist that your team currently lacks without Gyarados.

sugimori145.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid
Pressure

EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe

Thunder
HP Water
Roost
Roar / Heatwave

sugimori171.png

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Calm
Volt Absorb

Thunder / Discharge
Surf
Rest
Sleep Talk

Ok I will change the Bronzong and instead of Gyarados put in a Lanturn cause I have vsed them and they are annoying. I will stick with Jolteon because of its speed.Also what do you think of the Ludicolo set?

Last edited:

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
You don't need 4 dancers for a rain dance team. You might consider turning ludicolo into a wall.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
no way sweeping Ludicolo is not that expected and he destroys other teams he has taken out teams with just him and also my main rain dance setuppers are Jolteon and Bromzong Kingdra and Ludicolo have RD incase the rain wears off when they are out.

calum

Banned
Ludicolo@Life Orb
Nature:Modest
Ev's 180Spa/96Spe/152Hp/82Def
Moves
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Surf
Rain Dance

This is nice, but Im pretty sure it wont 2HKO Vappy. Anyways, dump the 82 Def into HP, LO recoil really isnt too important, anyways itll give you 359 so that doesnt matter.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Calum can you answer my question? Why should I just dump Def Ev's in to Hp?

calum

Banned
Oh sorry

Ummm yeah overall bulk and 2HKOing Vappy is good ( i forgot about LO ).

359 is also a LO number, and Ludi should only be taking special hits

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Ok so for overall Bulk thanks for that and yeah I guess he isnt gonna take any physical hits well at all. Thanks

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Thanks to some help with Rezon and Salavoir I changed the Ludicolo set.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
I hate to do this but BUMP! I need some help witht he evs because I feel that basic ev's are not going to be that great besides like Jolteon's

kiltank

Kiltank
you said your bronzongs reflect would help your team but he didnt even know reflect so that was lame. but i have wanted to use a kabutops.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
you said your bronzongs reflect would help your team but he didnt even know reflect so that was lame. but i have wanted to use a kabutops.

OK I changed the post of Bronzong but any real raters out there?

Key Keeper

Riddle Me This
Hmm, personally I had have to say you have too many people setting up rain dance, it's not necessary, imo. Would you consider running a Specsjolteon lead over your current one, or at least more of a sweeping variety? As it is useful to have a back-up plan if the rain isn't going good for you or cannot be set up, and may make the rain theme less obvious to the opponent immediately.

The team looks good, to be quite honest. All I could really say is that you might want to take advantage of the weakened power of fire moves and run a steel type like scizor or metagross, the former of which can help with TTar problems if he's bothering you.

I don't really know enough about Rain Dance teams to make an informed and credible rate, really, so I apologise for not really being of much help here.