• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rain Hath Been Summoned

Usatoday

Eternal God

accelgor.gif

Accelgor @ Damp Rock
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Encore
- Rain Dance
- Baton Pass / Rest
So with the idea of creating a rain team i wanted a pokemon that was fast and could set up the rain while also benefiting from the rain so accelgor seemed like a perfect fit. With hydration i don't have to worry about status since it cures the status in the rain such as sleep and poison from amoonguss. Bug buzz is so my accelgor isn't taunt bait allowing me to not struggle about. Encore is always fun to run on this set for when i encounter steelix or lilligant and the either set up stealth rocks or sleep powder i can encore them into that if i decide to set up rain on the first turn then i can baton pass out. Baton pass as explained allows for accelgor to have a good way of scouting however sometimes i go for rest that allows me to heal up fully without the negative side effects of the move. And of course i have rain dance to help keep the rain up for eight turns with the damp rock.

rotom-mow.gif

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunder
- Trick
- Volt Switch
Next off I wanted a pokemon to help sponge electric hits while also having a tricker user so it just so happens that rotom mow is just the pokemon as it is able to combat ferroseed and put the fear of god into it with the threaten of getting tricked a scarf. Thunder is there over thunderbolt not for the extra power but because it gets 100% accuracy in the rain as it can toast gorebyss and kabutops alive. Next off there is leaf storm to pelt quagsire and manectric allowing me to ohko it if it tries to switch in expecting a lightningrod boost. Finally I have volt switch to scout out opponents movesets and finalize the voltturnpass combo.

jynx.gif

Jynx (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Heal Bell
Next off i wanted a pokemon that could utterly destroy amoonguss and munchlax. Psyshock gives me a plan to annihilate munchlax as it hits from the physical side as opposed to the special side as well as doing some pretty decent damage to slowking. Ice beam annihilates any grass type mainly tangrowth and rotom mow, as well as destroying the likes of nidoqueen and steelix while the life orb damage is healed after each turn thanks to dry skin. Lovely kiss gives me a way to essentially render a pokemon useless for the entire match assuming it hits. Finally i got so sick of having my sweepers thunder waved that I finally had had enough and gave my jynx heal bell over nasty plot to counter act this giving my pokemon a chance at sweeping

gorebyss.gif

Gorebyss @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Surf
Oh god here comes the beast that puts the fear of god into any unprepared team even after the banning of smashpass it can still pack a punch. Now i've never been one for set up sweepers hence why im running a choice specs set that can ohko a specially defensive gallade in rain with surf. Surf is my stab when im not feeling confident in the shaky accuracy of hydro pump while hydro pump serves as the main stab. Hidden Power grass allows gorebyss to nail sandslash and slowking when they switch in while ice beam is to nail druddigon and sigilyph. Now this gorebyss i play rather differently depending on the team structure of the opponents team if they have slowking or amoonguss i will save gorebyss to sweep late game while if they dont have any water resists the goal is set up the rain and go into gorebyss.

scyther.gif

Scyther (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Rain Dance
Next off is the back up rain dancer that allows me to also utilize u-turn for switch purposes. Rain Dance as explained allows me to help gorebyss jynx and kabutops out. U-Turn gives scyther a secondary weaker stab attack while also giving me scouting initiative. Aerial ace gives me a primary stab attack and helps hurt the likes of tangrowth and slowking. Roost is there to help heal up scyther in the same manner as accelgor

kabutops.gif

Kabutops @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
Finally there is my physical rain dance sweeper that replaced floatzel because i wanted a pokemon that was part rock and also have rapid spin so my choices were armaldo and kabutops so i went with the one i had never used before. Kabutops has really surpassed my expectations with Waterfall in the rain it can bring a steelix down to its sturdy two hit ko a munchlax which gives gorebyss a nightmare while simultaneously giving kabutops a jaw dropping power boost coming off a base 115 attack stat. Stone Edge helps to nail pokemon that are namely water types and can sponge any of my other moves. Rapid spin allows me to have a surprise rapid spinner just as hitmonchan was. Finally i have my only form of priority on this team in the form of aqua jet reaching 90 base power in the rain.

Team In Action
| 1 | 2 |

Accelgor @ Damp Rock
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Encore
- Rain Dance
- Baton Pass / Rest

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunder
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Jynx (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Heal Bell

Gorebyss @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Scyther (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Rain Dance

Kabutops @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
I would put somewhere the tier. Many people will somehow not realize that it is RU and suggest Politoed. There are newbies out there. The team itself looks solid with great rain abuse in many different forms. Thunder, Swift Swim, Water attacks

For Gorebyss, I would run Shell Smash and Hydration. You won't get statused, get more powerful attacks than with specs, same speed, and can switch moves. But you do have to survive that first turn. Switch in on anything that cannot hurt you or will rely on status to hurt you.

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
you should always tell us which tier you are doing. otherwise we can't help you as efficiently.

why not modest with specs on rotom? i understand the need for speed better then most people, but it works on rotom-w in ou and wrecks **** faster then you think.

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
you should always tell us which tier you are doing. otherwise we can't help you as efficiently.

why not modest with specs on rotom? i understand the need for speed better then most people, but it works on rotom-w in ou and wrecks **** faster then you think.

The set he's running is similar to the one Rotom-W runs. I don't know what you're talking about.

Klaus™

Banned
I would put somewhere the tier. Many people will somehow not realize that it is RU and suggest Politoed. There are newbies out there.

i myself thought it was ou...and was about to suggest specs kingdra.

now, it looks fairly solid, but stealth rocks looks like a *****. as well as boltbeam comboes from powerful pokemon such as rotom-frost, lanturn, etc. luckily, they can rarely switch in. but, again, sr looks bad. being this is an offensive rain team, you will constantly be switching, and due to the relative similarity of your pokes, you'll be forced to switch as well. nvm, saw spins on kabutops.

galvantula seems bad.

you dont have stealth rocks either.

and set up sweepers seem bad as well. honestly, try qwilfish>kabutops(thats ru correct? sorry, its been a while, lol). it'll allow haze utility, a fast taunt, absorbs t-spikes, and fastest taunt with rain up. also is a great attacker, only slightly weaker than kabutops, but its also bulkier. again, kabutops is too essential. nvm this.

a screelix seems good for your team as well, walling galvantula cold in the rain, and provides stealth rocks. unfortunately, the team is so well put together, its hard to find something useless. id say accelgor or scyther, but they are essential. maybe try rain dance>heal bell? idk....

well, nice team. like i said, its been awhile since i did ru, so a lot may be wrong, but i do know galvantula wrecks you if played correctly.

Quagsireking

I am the king!
Im not sure what your trying to do with swarm on scyther. I mean, it dosen't seem as good on scyther as technichian, for the main reason of aerial ace. Especially since the scyther dosent seem bulky enough to justify the boost you get below 1/3rd health.

Other than that detail, this team looks good.

Soul_Fly

Swarm seems nigh useless on Scyther seeing that It can probably get a single Boosted Bugg Buzz in before getting 2hko'ed
Technician is infinitely better giving you a dangerous no-miss bp 90 stab in Aerial Ace.....

And I have had bad experiences with the Jynx set you are using... It's pathetic defense stat means it's quite easy to KO'ed with any strong priority or by any base 100 sweeper (especially physical and mixed) in general....

Lovely kiss is more of a gamble but yeah.. works at crucial times..

Why not use the more reliable Sub-Nasty plot set? It's actually quite easy to pull off with rain recovery... and it will give you that cushion of security against physical sweepers....

Jynx @ leftovers/life orb

Trait Dry Skin || Nature: Timid
EVs:8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Nasty Plot/Calm Mind
-Ice Beam
-Lovely Kiss

I have listed out all the possible variations here....
Leftovers are preferred over Life Orb for better surviving ability (18.5% recovery each turn in the rain) also gives you set up chances by allowing you to switch into resisted attacks seeing that you can heal them off in a single turn. But if you're a power player then LO is fine...
Lovely Kiss is to provide set up opportunities, but if you feel confident about your switch predictions you can fit a psychic stab here....
Nasty plot is for the More offensive set seeing that how you can rip teams apart after a single boost... Calm Mind if you want to also make yourself sturdier for a longer sweep or if you face many HO teams.......

EVs have been allotted to hit Magic HP numbers for Substitute and Leftovers.

Heal bell isn't missed much w/ Dry Skin+Leftovers. She can easily shrug of Poisons and Burns but it's upto you...
Paralysis still kills so it's best to get a substitute up fast...

Good Luck!

Hope that helps....

Usatoday

Eternal God
I would put somewhere the tier. Many people will somehow not realize that it is RU and suggest Politoed. There are newbies out there. The team itself looks solid with great rain abuse in many different forms. Thunder, Swift Swim, Water attacks

For Gorebyss, I would run Shell Smash and Hydration. You won't get statused, get more powerful attacks than with specs, same speed, and can switch moves. But you do have to survive that first turn. Switch in on anything that cannot hurt you or will rely on status to hurt you.
Im going to say no just because I'm in love with the raw power the thing has in Rain

I mentioned
The set he's running is similar to the one Rotom-W runs. I don't know what you're talking about.
^
i myself thought it was ou...and was about to suggest specs kingdra.

now, it looks fairly solid, but stealth rocks looks like a *****. as well as boltbeam comboes from powerful pokemon such as rotom-frost, lanturn, etc. luckily, they can rarely switch in. but, again, sr looks bad. being this is an offensive rain team, you will constantly be switching, and due to the relative similarity of your pokes, you'll be forced to switch as well. nvm, saw spins on kabutops.

galvantula seems bad.

you dont have stealth rocks either.

and set up sweepers seem bad as well. honestly, try qwilfish>kabutops(thats ru correct? sorry, its been a while, lol). it'll allow haze utility, a fast taunt, absorbs t-spikes, and fastest taunt with rain up. also is a great attacker, only slightly weaker than kabutops, but its also bulkier. again, kabutops is too essential. nvm this.

a screelix seems good for your team as well, walling galvantula cold in the rain, and provides stealth rocks. unfortunately, the team is so well put together, its hard to find something useless. id say accelgor or scyther, but they are essential. maybe try rain dance>heal bell? idk....

well, nice team. like i said, its been awhile since i did ru, so a lot may be wrong, but i do know galvantula wrecks you if played correctly.
Why thank ou typically its hard for someone to find something that's easily replaced also I assume you mean Steelix in which i say accelgor outspeeds and sets up the rain go into kabutops and waterfall it. Unless you meant a screech steelix ;)
Im not sure what your trying to do with swarm on scyther. I mean, it dosen't seem as good on scyther as technichian, for the main reason of aerial ace. Especially since the scyther dosent seem bulky enough to justify the boost you get below 1/3rd health.

Other than that detail, this team looks good.
Actually it was meant to be technician
Swarm seems nigh useless on Scyther seeing that It can probably get a single Boosted Bugg Buzz in before getting 2hko'ed
Technician is infinitely better giving you a dangerous no-miss bp 90 stab in Aerial Ace.....

And I have had bad experiences with the Jynx set you are using... It's pathetic defense stat means it's quite easy to KO'ed with any strong priority or by any base 100 sweeper (especially physical and mixed) in general....

Lovely kiss is more of a gamble but yeah.. works at crucial times..

Why not use the more reliable Sub-Nasty plot set? It's actually quite easy to pull off with rain recovery... and it will give you that cushion of security against physical sweepers....

Jynx @ leftovers/life orb

Trait Dry Skin || Nature: Timid
EVs:8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Nasty Plot/Calm Mind
-Ice Beam
-Lovely Kiss

I have listed out all the possible variations here....
Leftovers are preferred over Life Orb for better surviving ability (18.5% recovery each turn in the rain) also gives you set up chances by allowing you to switch into resisted attacks seeing that you can heal them off in a single turn. But if you're a power player then LO is fine...
Lovely Kiss is to provide set up opportunities, but if you feel confident about your switch predictions you can fit a psychic stab here....
Nasty plot is for the More offensive set seeing that how you can rip teams apart after a single boost... Calm Mind if you want to also make yourself sturdier for a longer sweep or if you face many HO teams.......

EVs have been allotted to hit Magic HP numbers for Substitute and Leftovers.

Heal bell isn't missed much w/ Dry Skin+Leftovers. She can easily shrug of Poisons and Burns but it's upto you...
Paralysis still kills so it's best to get a substitute up fast...
Good Luck!
Hope that helps....
I had actually tried that set out originally however I didn't like the coverage ;P

Also i've been think what do you guys think of spikes on accelgor and rocks on kabutops?

Klaus™

Banned
now see, when i see your team, i think "its going to be rain team." because of that, i'll just spam thunder from galvantula, and not allow any switchings, for fear of being swept.

i honestly dont like that idea. spikes will only waste 3 turns for rain, and allow accelgor to be killed much more efficiently. thats one of your rain setters down.

again, i say steelix. it'll be great in the rain, and does amazing with dry skin jynx.