• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

'Rain on Your Parade!' Mono/Rain OU Team

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Hey guys, I just got into competitive. How's my Mono-Water/Rain Team?

Note: It's a Mono-Team, so I'll only be using Water-Types.

BTW: I am not replacing Tentacruel, Cloyster or Poli! But I am up to changing their moves ;P

;186;
Politoed/Paula
Role: Weather Set Up, Ferrothorn Counter.
Modest
Choice Specs
252 HP/252 Sp. A/4 Def
Drizzle

Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Surf
Focus Blast

The Rain Set-Up. Can kill quite a few things, and is the only thing besides DD Gyara that can kill Ferrothorn

;073;
Tentacruel/Roxie
Role: Wall/Tank
Bold
Black Sludge
252 HP/236 Def/20 Spe
Rain Dish

Scald
Toxic
Rapid Spin
Substitute

This Guy! He's won me many a battle, and between Tenta and Cloyster, the opponent gets trolled lots! My secret weapon! She's quite the wall!

;091;
Cloyster/Mango
Role: Late Game Sweeper, Occasional Physical Tank
Adamant
Focus Sash (Keeping this, as Cloyster dies to... alot!)
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
Skill Link

Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Razor Shell

A great late game sweeper, and what she doesn't kill, she heavily dents. On the rare occasion I get 2 Shell Smashes with no damage, the other guys losses the game. Unless you have more than one priority Pokemon. Stalls Scizor, and Shell Smashed can 2HKO Scizor and Ferrothorn.

;121;
Starmie/Gemma
Role: Special Sweeper, Occasional Special Tank
Timid
Leftovers
252 Sp. A/4 Sp. D/252 Spe
Natural Cure

Surf
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

My BoltBeamer, a great special sweeper, and has won me the occasional battle. Manages to kill Poison Heal Gliscor, Keldeo and Breloom.

;130;
Gyarados/Kraken
Role: DDer, Physical Moxie Sweeper
Jolly
Focus Sash
252 Att/4 Def/252 Spe
Moxie

He walls Keldeo, and kills the occasional T-Tar, and with one or two DDs he kills/outspeeds nearly everything. Can wall Keldeo, and kills it when =2DDed.

:593:
Jellicent/Marina
Role: Second Special Wall
Bold
Leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
Water Absorb

Not the best, the only thing she does over Tenta is stall Gastrodon, who I do have problems with. The most likely candidate to be replaced.

I'm having problems with Rotom. :mad:

I'm considering axing Jelli and replacing it with SS Ludicolo. It's a decent Gastrodon counter, and unexpected!

Last edited:

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
since it's a mono team I suggest using gastrodon unless thun t or rotom will sweep your team easy, also swift swim is banned if you have drizzle on your team so you can't use ss ludicolo.

are you playing in the ou tier or battling other mono teams?