• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rain Pour

Rapidgator

It's been a long time since my last team, because I stopped to refresh my head and think better in team building, so here's my new team.

0tu4.gif

Voice@Leftovers
Bold/Drizzle
252HP/252Def/4SpA
Scald
Toxic
Protect
Encore

StallToed is my favorite way of using Politoed, because it can take hits from physical sweepers, it can burn physical sweepers lowering the damage he takes, Encore to trap an opponent in a move like Swords Dance or another set up move + Toxic damage racking is mortal, or he can trap the opponent in a move like Toxic then switch into something else.

242kk.gif

Nurse@Leftovers
Calm/Natural Cure
4HP/252Def/252SpD
Wish
Softboiled
Heal Bell
Seismic Toss

Pretty standard healer with Wish+Heal Bell access and thank to behemothian hp it almost always heals 100%, Softboiled is a way of instant recovery fot walling and Seismic Toss is used to damage SpA sweepers who can't dent Blissey.

els.gif

Mitosis@Life Orb
Bold/Magic Guard
252HP/200Def/56SpA
Calm Mind
Recover
Psyshock
Focus Blast

Another standard set for Reuniclus, he takes hits while setting up and then Recover and start spamming Psyshocks and Focus Blasts.

7t6f.gif

Swampy@Choice Band
Adamant/Torrent
252HP/252Atk/4SpD
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Superpower

Swampert with Choice Band is a monster, he OHKOs almost everything thanks to a good coverage movepool, Waterfall+Rain boost+STAB is a killing attack resisted only by Water-, Dragon- and Grass- types, Earthquake is a secondary STAB hitting Steel-, Electric-types, Superpower is a way to remove Dark- types and Ferrothorn, and Ice Punch is just a coverage move to take out Dragon- and Flying- types.

ax6.gif

Tyrant@Life Orb
Timid/Sheer Force
4HP/252SpA/252Spe
Thunder
Sludge Wave
Earth Power
Ice Beam

Nidoking is a pokemon that for me deserves a place in OU, because his vast movepool,good ability, and balanced status, Thunder instead of Thundebolt because of the rain so the power is greatly improved, Ice Beam to create the famous BoltBeam coverage, Earth Power is the primary STAB and is used to hit everything which Sludge Wave, my secondary STAB can't, creating another coverage combo.

ckv.gif

Geisha@Leftovers
Timid/Cursed Body
252HP/4SpA/252Spe
Thunder Wave
Ice Beam
Destiny Bond
Spikes

With all my pokemons being slow, but bulky, I needed a Thunder Wave support to cripple my opponents, and Frosslas makes a good spot for, because she is fast and with Ice Beam she can easily OHKO unboosted dragons, she can put Spikes and block them being spinnt away and as a last resort take her enemy with her with Destiny Bond, she is getting credits as a support with me.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Choice Band Swampert doesn't OHKO "almost everything". In fact, he OHKOs almost nothing. Choice Band Swampert died last generation, and this generation isn't doing it any favours either. I'd swap it for something along the lines of Choice Band Dragonite, or Scarf MoxieMence. You're also not abusing the Rain much so you could probably trade Froslass for a fast abuser, something like Scarf Keldeo or Thundurus-T.

To be honest Rain teams aren't exactly my strong point, so there's really no other advice I can offer.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
OOOH! I know rain! Let's see what I can do here!

Like Divine said, your rain abuse is almost nonexistent. Banded Swampert is... Yeah, not great either. So let's see.

StallToed, alright, pretty straightforward.

Blissey, oka... WAIT BLISSEY? I haven't seen one o' dem since reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllllllly early Gen 5! Well, occasionally in BH someone'll use Blissey but... Eviolite Chansey is really the better option. Or HydraRest Vaporeon, that NEVER dies. Both still pass huge Wishes too. I'd use the Vappy, but that's just me.

Reuniclus, YES! Favorite Pokemon, favorite set. Although my EVs were 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA. Not saying you gotta use that though. This is fine, it's swept for me unbelievably often.

Swampert. Change. If you're looking for physical Water, SubDD Gyarados is your guy. If you just want raw power, Banded Dragonite and ScarfMoxieMence (you don't really have a revengekiller) work great. And take no setup. You just kill everything ever.

Nidoking, I like. Good rain abuse with Thunder, although to be honest I'm not sure using it in the Rain is the best idea. For one, the Fire coverage is great for Nidoking, and for another its Water weakness is already a problem and you have no Jellicent/Gastrodon. Still, this works I think, I've never tried it. More of a Shaymin guy for LO beatdowns, or Keldeo. Or both.

Froslass? Ferrothorn, man.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature (+Def,-SpA)
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Love this set. I use it every single time I need a Ferrothorn, and it's done me almost as proud as that Reuniclus set. It gets that T-Wave support you want and Rocks are really simple to set up. They don't really even need a Spinblocker, although if you want one Jellicent is perfect alongside Ferrothorn. And it still works, I just used it last week.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Just realized I forgot to post a set. I'm heavily recommending MoxieMence > Swampert.

373.gif

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Naive - Moxie
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Hydro Pump

Outrage is pretty much the only move you ever need. Once your opponent's Steels are weakened/removed, just spam it and watch things die. Moxie+Scarf is really what makes him so devastating, being able to outspeed so many things and get free Attack boosts off them. Earthquake is for the odd Heatran or something that resists his Dragon spam. Dragon Claw is mostly filler, but can be used in situations where you can't afford to lock yourself into Outrage. Hydro Pump is, again, filler, but takes advantage of the Rain. Usually Sala runs Fire Blast to 2HKO Skarmory, but that's obviously a bad idea in the Rain. Hydro Pump 2HKOs physically defensive Skarmory in the rain as well, and actually hits some other stuff like Gliscor hard too.​

KeinEngel

You only have two water types here and no swift swimmers? For starters, I would ditch Blissey and replace her with either Qwilfish or Kingdra. You set up the rain so why not abuse it? You could throw in an electric type such as Zapdos for STAB Thunder and to check opposing water types.

Here are some sets you might run.

tumblr_mang7b9vwG1qknffvo1_500.jpg
Qwilfish @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Jolly/Adamant
EV's : 252 Atk/ 4 HP/ 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall/Aqua Tail
-Poison Jab

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
Mild nature
EVs: 208 Atk / 136 SpA / 164 Spe

-Waterfall
-Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam

-Explosion

[Kingdra]

I think that you can find a better option than Nidoking, most notably Latios.

381.gif

@ Life Orb / Expert Belt
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid
~ Draco Meteor
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt (You can run Thunder if you are sure you can keep the rain going or you just have huge balls)
~ HP [Fire]