• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rain rain go away....

Tehero

Like A Boss
[
Rate my Rain Team? (Double Battle) Singles
First competitive team I've made so any suggestions are welcomed.

This team has shown lots of improvement, I switched it from a doubles team to a singles team and it works perfectly. It has good really good synchronization, but I'm sure there are a couple improvements that could be added. I would really like to add some of the new BW2 pokemons somewhere in here, but Im not sure who to take out and what would be good sets.

186politoed1920x1200.jpg

Politoed (F) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Protect
- Toxic

Politoed's only job is to get the rain going. Drizzle normally handles this just fine, but when against another weather team Rain Dance is sometimes necessary. I'm thinking of replacing Rain Dance because most of the time when against another weather team I use Toxicroak first (has rain dance and does good against the other weather starters) but I'm not sure what I would replace it with. My team does have a little trouble with Ferro, so a good counter to that would be nice. It has Damp Rock obviously to keep the Rain dance up longer so if I replace Rain Dance I would need to replace Damp Rock also.

The Evs give it a decent bulk and good Scald STAB power under the rain. The reason I don't use Speed Evs is because if my weather starter is sent out against another and mine has slower speed, mine stays. This works well on Ninetails, who are normally faster, but not on Tyranitar and Abomasnow.

The moves are pretty basic. Scald is for a STAB move that has a good chance of inflicting burn, plus does a massive amount over damage under the rain. Rain Dance is obviously to keep up the rain (explained before) Toxic is used against pokemon who try to set up. It stops them sweeping considering that my team is pretty good at stalling. Protect is used to stall out toxic damage and to get a scout.

423gastrodon-w1920x1200.jpg

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Def
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Clear Smog

Gastrodons job is to handle electricity types/moves, handle pokemon that try to abuse the rain, and to get clear of set ups. Gastrodon is normally called again when I see an elec type come on to the field, or when I scout with protect and see an electricty type move coming my way. Switching into Gastrodon walls the move and can normally stall it out using Toxic. The same goes for water moves. Whenever someone tries to sweep me, I simply switch into Gastrodon and use Clear smog and it usually makes them forfeit. The problem I'm having is mainly it not staying alive for the first hit from the sweeper. Im thinking of adding a Focus Sash to fix this problem, but Leftovers comes in handy a lot.

The EVs Gassy has are to maximize bulk and let who stay alive longer. This makes him a really good stall with Leftovers and Recover. He mainly gets taken down by a status move, but there is really anything I can do to fix that unless I switch Leftovers with a Lum Berry? Any suggestions to squash status moves are really appreciated.

Scald is used for a STAB move again, which (again) works really good under the rain especially when powered by Storm Drain.. Toxic is to stop walls dead in there tracks, while Recover is to stall them out. Clear smog is to get rid of sweepers and cause a little bit of damage.

149dragonite1920x1200.jpg

Dragonite (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Night used to be a really big sweep, and now... not so much. Im thinking about replacing him altogether, because hes really let me down. Life orb normally breaks his Multi scale which makes it kinda of useless. In fact Im barley able to pull off a sweep with Night, unless the the other person decides to let me pull off a couple of DD (which they normally don't) Night also seems to ALWAYS get inflicted by a status.

His EVs are meant for him to hit fast and hard, but they aren't really doing there job. Maybe I should go for a bulkier set?

His moves are pretty simple, DD to boost him up a couple notches and Dragon Claw for a STAB move. He doesn't really take advantage of the rain at all, which can be good and bad. Earthquake it for type coverage, and ES is for when I know Im going to die anyways so I might as well do some more damage. Maybe I should switch ES with Roost?

Altogether, Im looking for a replacement for him.

598ferrothorn1920x1200.jpg

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Curse
- Gyro Ball

This set works wonders. Ferros job is to wall stuff and set up on them. He is AMAZING at this. With the rain lowering Fire's power, the only thing that does a ton of damage is fighting moves and Iron Barbs causes damage to them. Leftovers is for obvious recovery, since he lacks a recovery move.

His EVs are for maximum bulk. Almost nothing can KO Ferro under the rain. Its got Max Def which means STAB fighting types even have a hard time to KO it. Ive pulled off a lot of Ferro Sweeps because of this enormous bulk.

Ferros moves are not really normal. Power whip and Gyro ball make it hard for pokemon to stall it out of PP. Curse is to pull an unexpected set up and gain even MORE power to Gyro. Protect is to get some more Leftovers recovery.

131lapras1920x1200.jpg

Lapras (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 248 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Ice Shard
- Rest
- Dragon Dance

Lapras is a major pain. He is like the Whimiscott for Rain teams. He has REALLY good bulk, and when you add that to Hydration and the rain, you have an unstoppable monster. Leftovers is for recovery, but I could switch it out since Lapras has Rest. Hydration is to cure statuses that people normally try to set up on Lap.

Lapras's Evs are meant to give him good bulk and good attack, and work really good especially with Leftovers recovery.

Lapras runs a Lapdance set (hehehe) which works wonders under the rain. Waterfall is for a STAB move (plus rain increase) which can even kill Ferrothorn after a couple Dragon dances. Ice Shard is for a priority move, and a way to counter pesky threats such as gliscor, dragonite, slamence, and numerous other threats. Rest is for a reliable recovery move, and since Hydration cures the status under the rain, it makes Lap a major powerhouse. Dragon Dance is used to set up, and allows Lap to become a powerful sweep.

453croagunk1920x1200.jpg

Toxicroak (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Rain Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Toxicroak is meant to be a solid rain counter, and it does this job fairly well. Black Sludge is used to regain health as a different form of recovery besides Leftovers. Black Sludge plus Dry Skin plus Drain Punch, let him recover almost his whole health in one move under the rain, which is EXTREAMLY help full.

The EVs are meant to maximize his Attack and let him preform a pretty good sweep without even setting up.

His attacks counter some big threats to my team. Fake out is just for a little extra damage, and it breaks Focus Sashes. Rain Dance is to defeat other weather teams and keep my rain up. Drain Punch is for a STAB move that also helps me keep my health up. Sucker Punch is for Psychic pokemon who think they can kill Froggy.

Previous Members
350milotic1920x1200.jpg

Milotic
Marvel Scale
@Leftovers
248 HP 196 Def 56 Sp D 8 Sp Att
Scald
Rest
Sleep Talk
Dragon Tail

Milotic seemed like a good choice at first, but she just wasn't cutting it. She died to fast on me and could barely ever get a hit in. I'm going to try making a couple adjustments to her and putting her back in the fight. (This was a standard smogon set)

98krabby1920x1200.jpg

Kingler
Jolly
@ Life Orb
Sheer Force
252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
X Scissor
Rock Slide
Brick Break
Crab Hammer

Another pokemon who just wasn't cutting it for me. He was used as a sweeper, and had good type coverage but he could never last long enough and usually died the first hit. Plus this team is mainly a stall team and, well dieing to soon doesn't help me stall. And no I there was no picture of a Kingler so I used Krabby xD

134vaporeon1920x1200.jpg

Vaporeon (Vapor) @Leftovers
Calm
Hydration
252 HP 252 Sp Def 4 Def
Scald
Protect
Toxic
Rest

Vapor is a deadly wall. Most of my opponents get pretty mad when facing him because he is so bulky. Hydration also allows him to pull off a rest and get healed of his status at the end of the turn thanks to the rain. Scald is for a powerful STAB move once he gets set up. Toxic causes a LOT of damage over time, and cripples even the strongest of teams thanks to Vapor's ability to last a long time. Protect is just plain annoying and also lets hims witch off between him and his partner. It also allows him to stall out Toxic and heal a little with Leftovers which can be very useful.

Last edited:

Tehero

Like A Boss
Done, not sure if the descriptions are long enough...

Last edited:
this should go in the team building help thread. read the rmt rules. only FULL, COMPLETED TEAMS are allowed. anything else goes in zach's thread.

this could be for random wifi which you only use 4 pokemon and it does say you may post with a team missing 1 or 2 pokes to allow imput

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
You have 3 pokemon weak to electric and your 4th don't resist it, as 5th member I would recommend something tht can take elelectric hits like: Ferrothorn, Gastradon etc.

Tehero

Like A Boss
Added a Ferroseed, His only ground move is Bulldoze though...

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
First of all: don't use Blizzard and Bounce on Politoed. Second: Double team = Banned.
Ferrothorn @ leftovers
Relaxed
252 hp/ 200 def/ 56 sp def
0 IV speed
-Leech seed
-Protect
-Gyro ball
- Spikes/ SR
Use this set over your f*cked up ferroseed's.

Tehero

Like A Boss
Not sure how to IV train yet.... And which one should I keep, Blizzard or Bounce? I'm thinking Blizzard because Bounce takes two turns and Blizzard will attack both pokemon. And what about Toxic instead of Double Team? And Return instead of either Blizzard or Bounce?

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
Not sure how to IV train yet.... And which one should I keep, Blizzard or Bounce? I'm thinking Blizzard because Bounce takes two turns and Blizzard will attack both pokemon. And what about Toxic instead of Double Team? And Return instead of either Blizzard or Bounce?

you cant "iv train". you can breed for perfect ivs though,

Tehero

Like A Boss
I changed attract to rest, and return to Hyper Voice

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Rate my Rain Team? (Double Battle)
First competitive team I've made so any suggestions are welcomed.

;186;
Politoed
modest
@ leftovers or focus sash<---(to endure others thunder)
Drizzle
252 Sp Att 252 hp 4 Sp Def
Scald
ice beam (more accuracy)
Protect (Manditory for any doubles, or VGC doubles team!)
Toxic

;134;
Vaporeon
Calm
@ leftovers
Hydration
252 HP 252 Sp Def 4 Def
scald (To burn the opponent cutting their physical attack power in half!)
protect (Again it's a manditory move!)
Toxic
Rest

;149;
Dragonite
Modest
@ life orb you can regain the health lost and get more raw power!
Multiscale
252 Sp Att 252 Sp Def 4 HP
Thunder
Hurricane
Roost (you can restore health so there is no need 4 protect here)
draco metor (has stab power to destoy anything in it's path, and after you've had enough sp.atk lowerings, swap out and gain all ur power back :D)

My main sweeper, Decent type coverage and the Thunder is 100 % Acc. Roost is just in case he gets low on HP and the SP Defense EVs are so he can last a little bit longer.

;099;
Kingler
Jolly
@ choice band or life orb for raw power or focus sash to hang in the battle longer
Sheer Force
252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
X Scissor
Rock Slide
Brick Break or Superpower (for more power plus sheer force boost)
Crab Hammer

Another Sweeper, Good type coverage and Sheer Force helps a lot since none of the special effects on those moves are to useful.

Go with FERRO!!!!!
This is a wonderful set with curse!
Ferrothorn
@ leftovers or
Relaxed
252 hp/ 200 def/ 56 sp def
0 IV speed
-curse (Ups attack and def and makes ferro deadly)
-Protect or power whip for a strong stab move
-Gyro ball
- stealth rocks or spikes or leech seed

More Type coverage, Covers electricity types.

Milotic is a sp.def wall which you have vaporeon for. I recomend milotic over vaporeon though...

This milotic set works better for me...
Milotic
Marvel Scale
@Leftovers or wacan berry To endure others thunders even more ;3
252 sp.def 252 hp 4 def
Scald
recover (To heal up while your partner takes out the threat)
protect
(manditory!)
Ice beam or Dragon Tail

I'm not sure on my next Pokemon.

Try this on for size...
Toxicroak
Jolly nature
@ black sludge since he's a poison type he can restore health with this item if the item clause is on
Dry skin restores health in the rain
252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
-fake out (great lead move to help support politoad)
-protect again again AGAIN manditory
-drain punch(to restore health)
-sucker punch(to catch pokemon dead in there tracks, but will fail if the opponent is using a status move)

My team building requires 3 mainly physical attackers, and 3 mainly special attacks. You MUST have 1 tank or support pokemon(politoad), 3 sweeper(1 physical one 2 special or vise versa OR 1 mixed attacker in place of the second repeat attacker)(politoad and kingler and toxicroak), 1 physical def wall(ferrothorn), and 1 sp.def wall(milotic). That's my basics to team building. Also remember if you have too many physical attacks you can get walled or vise versa.

All edits are in BOLD! Hope this helps ;3

Last edited:

Tehero

Like A Boss
Made some major adjustments (Added picture, a previous pokemon list and redid all the information.)

jeffdavid102

TSS Forever
Run Surf over Scald on your Pokemon. They will heal Toxi when they surf then. Some Pokemon could keep Scald if you want though

Boredom

Because this is for doubles I'd recommend Surf on some of your special attackers instead of Scald. Not only does Surf hit harder than Scald but your Dry Skin Toxicroak would get healed by it, and it will hit both you opponent's pokemon

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
no. just no. Use the following lapras

Lapras@Lefties/Life Orb
hydration
252atk 252spe
adamant
-ddance
-ice shard
-waterfall
-rest

or this one

Lapras @Lefties
hydration
252hp 252sp.def 4atk or def
-rest
-curse
-ice shard
-waterfall

Lapras shines as a hydration tank that uses SET-UP moves.