• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Rain Stall

Eranu™

~Rain Stall

Introduction:
Hello everyone. This is my first RMT on Serebii. I've been active on this forum for i think almost a year now and want to share on of my most successful teams. This team has given me some success on the ladder and did well in tournament and against known players from #benelux. The team is rain stall. Stall is by far my favorite play style since it's easier to play than other styles in my opinion. I made this team with my smogon tutor Delko. Here's the team:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
186.gif
227.gif
113.gif
073.gif
302.gif
380.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

186.gif

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Encore
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam

Politoed's job is to set up the rain obviously. It also does a good job at revenge killing the likes of Dragonite at +1 (in case Skarmory is dead) or locking set up pokemon into Calm Mind or another set up move. Hidden Power [Electric] is for Gyarados who can be annoying to this team. I chose Surf over Hydro Pump since I like accuracy better than the extra power. Surf is strong enough to revenge kill Terrakion if choice band. I am considering Perish Song over Encore since Jirachi with Psyshock 6-0's this team.

227.gif

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is the obvious physical wall. It takes on the likes of Dragonite and Haxorus. This poke is my main counter against magdrag. It can set up spikes on pokes likes Gliscor and Landorus if they don't use U-turn. I put some extra speed eve's so I outspend opposing Skarmory and Whirlwind them out. I run Shed Shell since if I lose Skarmory against MagDrag I usually lose the game.

113.gif

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Softboiled

Special wall of the team. Chansey usually sponges attacks and then sets up Stealth Rocks or Toxic/Seismic Toss the switch in.Seismic Toss deals reliable damage to non-ghost type pokemon and Toxic+Softboiled make for a nice toxic stalling combo since very few things in the metagame 2hko Chansey. Eviolite lets it reach a massive amount of Special defense while the evs give it some defensive bulk. Combined with 704 hp this thing is a pain to take out. Softboiled is for the obvious reason of recovery. Nothing more to say about Chansey.

073.gif

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

This Tentacruel set is too good. It outspeeds Non-choice scarfed Rotom-w and lets you sub on its volt switch. SubToxic also lets it take on the likes of Jellicent. Substitute works well on Tentacruel since its rain dish heals 12.5% of its hp every turn. With a timid nature and the given evs it can Toxic Gyarados and Dragonite before they can Substitute/Taunt/Set up. Rapid Spin is a must these days with all the entry hazards around. Scald is the attacking move and pairs well with substitute if you can burn Ferrothorn.

302.gif

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Sableye is my spin blocker and Prankset abuser. It can block any rapid spinner and threaten it out apart from Starmie which can OHKO this set with Hydro Pump. It's also a very good. Thanks to Taunt Sableye can beat opposing Chansey who can be troublesome sometimes. Will-O-Wisp can cripple physical attackers like Terrakion and Landorus. Knock Off is great against Choice and Eviolite users. Practically good against any item holding poke. Recover is for recovery purposes.

380.gif

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 4 SAtk / 72 Spd
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Substitute

Latias is definitely the MVP of this team. It sets up on so many things like Calm Mind Jirachi lacking Psyshock, Rotom-w and on Ice Beam users like Politoed or Gastrodon. I have to be careful with Politoed and Gastrodon not to get predicted and toxic'd. This thing can get to +6 really easy and it wins me most of my matches. The defensive evs are to take hits from Terrakion and priority moves better.

This was my rain stall team. Its main weaknesses are Choice Band Terrakion and Calm Mind Psyshock Jirachi. I usually have to predict against Terrakion which usually is enough to take it out but if someone uses Psyshock Calm Mind Jirachi it's usually gg. That's why I might change Encore to Perish Song on Politoed. It won't take it out but it lets me switch in my Latias and give it time to set up. Let me know what you think of the team and what you think should change. Thanks for reading.​

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Encore
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)