1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rainbow Rocket anime version

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by KenzeyEevee, Jul 26, 2019.

1. I have always wondered how an anime version of Rainbow Rocket would like. How would you do it?
    I think the deaths of Lysandre, Cyrus isnt a problem if they use alternative universe where they met an Ash.

MockingJ likes this.
  2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

Most likely disappointing with the Team Rocket trio getting a lot of screentime while making fools of themselves.

3. Would they join this Giovanni or rebel against it?

Majespectre and Redstar45 like this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

If the Rainbow Rocket-dan subplot had been adapted in the anime, it probably would've ended up being extremely watered-down with no previous villains showing up other than Sakaki. It would've probably been a two-parter rather than a full mini-arc as well since I can't imagine the writers expanding a subplot that was rather short in the games.

5. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

A variation could be instead of game antagonists, Team Rainbow Rocket comprises of major anime-introduced villains. Sebastian, Brodie, Hunter J, maybe even an evil Lusamine in line with her Sun and Moon characterization

6. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

To expand on RedJirachi's suggestions, I think other media Rockets like Domino, Blaine/Sabrina, and the admins would leave a bigger impact than the leaders of other teams. An army of Ultra Beasts would also be more believable than box legends.

RR Giovanni would absolutely have Mega Mewtwo X, because the anime follows Pokemon Sun's story and Mega Mewtwo X has never made an animated appearance.

7. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

The best way would be for all Rocket members of anime past to appear:
    Butch/Cassidy
    Attila/Hun
    Domino
    Pierce
    Guzo
    The various movie ones
    Heck throw in Brodie and Yung too, and the HGSS admins

Though it'd likely just end up being the most boring member, Matori getting unnecessarily pushed....

Majespectre and KenzeyEevee like this.
  8. Leonhart

But most of those characters haven't been seen for more than a decade, so it would seem really unlikely that the writers would bring back those anime-exclusive villains that most fans probably don't remember or even care about.

Majespectre likes this.
  9. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

I feel that ship have long sail and quite frankly after the necromza arc I don’t want them to back back jobbers.

10. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

No thanks leave Rainbow Rocket to the games

11. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

If we ever get to see Team Rainbow Rocket in the show, I'd want it to be the conclusion of the Team Rocket organization as a whole and not just another Operation Tempest kind of thing.

12. Leonhart

I doubt that the Rocket-dan will ever truly disband since that would mean getting rid of the Rocket-dan trio, which seems incredibly unlikely given their overall popularity. I wouldn't mind if Sakaki got arrested and Matori would take over at the end of a hypothetical Rainbow Rocket-dan subplot, though.

13. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

You're saying Giovanni isn't rich and influential enough to buy his innocence? He's like Lex Luthor, they even let Giovanni have a gym despite Team Rocket being a known criminal syndacite

Majespectre likes this.
  14. Leonhart

I'm not saying that Sakaki couldn't technically escape justice, simply that I'd prefer to see him be written off of the anime at this point since his role has been almost non-existent for a while now, and I figure that since he hardly does anything these days he may as well disappear completely and let someone else take over the organization in his place.

Majespectre likes this.