• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Raindance team( in progress)

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
Machamp w/ (havent figured that out yet)
Adamant Nature
Ev's- 252atk, 4Spatk, 252spd
Thunder Punch, Seismic Toss, Earthquake, Bulk up
Ability- No Guard

this one was kinda hard to figure out, but i think the move pool best helps the team set up as is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roseraid w/ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
Ev's- 4hp, 252spd, 252satk
Leafstorm, Sludge Bomb, Extrasensory, Weatherball/Hidden Power Fire
Abiliy- Natural Cure

While holding the Choice specs and using Leafstorm Roseraid can dish out a huge amount of damage(like specs-mence).
Having Sludge Bomb provides me with a nice stab move, and Hidden Power Fire is a nice additoin to the mix.(a nescesity actually if it is to fight its way around any steal type)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Toxicroak w/ Expertbelt
Adamant Nature
Ev's- 4hp, 252atk, 252spd
Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab, Earthquake
Ability- Dryskin

This guy is my Swords Dancer, using Swords Dance just 1-2 can make him a nice threat to my apponants team. Posion Jab and Earthquake make a good comonation for a stab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jolteon w/ Shucha Berry
Timid Nature
Ev's- 4hp, 252atk, 252spd
Thunder, Thunder Wave, Raindance, Toxic
Ability- V-Absorb

Since Jolteon is Pretty much a speed beast already, just to tick off my apponant I gave it a Shuca Berry.(Hee-hee)
Jolteon is one of my Raindancers but to make up for the move i gave it Thunder and Thunder Wave. Thunder is a move i can spam easily while Thunder Wave is to cripple my apponants pokemon so the rest of my team can take care of them/it. Toxic is there just to tick the apponant off even more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Slowking w/ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
Ev's- 212hp, 44def, 252atk
Clam Mind, Shadow Ball, Raindance, Skill Swap
Agility- Own Tempo

Giving him Damp Rock will let my Raindance Last a few Turns Longer when i use it. Clam mind is a nice way to boost my stat and with Skill Swap i can really mess my apponant up. Shadow ball... i really dont know what i was thinking, and i dont know what i can swap it with honestly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kabutops w/ Salac Berry
Adamant Nature
Ev's- 72hp, 252atk, 184spd
Swords Dance, Aquatail, Stone Eadge, Aquajet
Ability- Swift Swim

Kabutops will be the sweeper of the team. with raindance in effect and swift swim along with great speed he is pretty much untouchable.

Please tell me what you think, if any changes should be made ext.
Thank you~ ;197;

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Where's your Rain Dance?

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
On slowking and jolteon

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
On Slowking, but i can say this really doesn't look like a good team. 5 of your 6 pokemon are water typed. Even with jolteon it doesn't give you very good synergy. You only have one Pokemon with rain dance and it doesn't even have damp rock on. Once he dies it wrecks the purpose of the team.

Vandslaux

I haven't played Gen IV competitive, but it seems pretty weak to Breloom. Starmie makes an AWFUL check to it. It can only switch in on one move (Focus Punch), and I'm pretty sure it loses if it switches into F-Punch when it's behind a Sub.

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
This is the first team I'm making based around raindance so it is a little crappy. Lol, I was thinking about adding Raichu to the mix probably swapping it for Politoad and Breloom for Cloyster. Also I will most likely put raindance on lapras and give the damp rock to Slowking.
;197;

Vandslaux

Also, where's your descriptions?

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
Sorry still working on a few things also forgot to add that part. I've put together a new team, a few poke still the same but I hope this mix is better.

Last edited:

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Instead of posting the team again, edit the team in the first post. It doesn't look like your team is taking full advantage of the rain either.

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
M'k I'll fix that when I get on an actual computer. Also and advice of things I need to add/fix?

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
A Swords Dance Kabutops could go over Armaldo since it gets a swift swim boost and is quite strong. A Kingdra can alsogo over Armaldo because it has swift swim. I would put a good fighting pokemon to go over raichu to be ab;e to take care of steels and dark type pokemon.

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
Ah ok, didn't think about using those 3 lol. Well let me put together another set and I'll probably just post the 3 in the first post, along with the other post.

Edit: all fixed, everything is in the first post :) the team just gets better and better :)

Last edited:

JonoC

Yeah lol, you gotta have dynamicpumch on that no guard machamp
STAB, 100 Power, 100% acc and 100% confusion is so awesome.

I think using slowbro would have a advantage over slowking. Slowbro has a higher defense, and lower sp. defense, but after a calm mind or two it would still have a very high special defense AND a very high special defense. I think it would give it superior walling abilities in both defenses, unless you really want a higher sp. def. Also swap shadow ball for surf. With calm mind, STAB, rain, and amazing coverage slowking can also go offensive if he has to, and can take large chunks of health out of your opponent.

Klaus™

Banned
damm, you guys took my thing:...( dynamicpunch duh) anyway, i would have a different lead, one who sets up rain dance. azelf is a good one. with a defensive ev spread, rain dance, stealth rock, taunt, explosion. also functions as an anti lead.

plus, what is a rain dance team made up of? a rough estimate would be normally 2 dancers, 3 swift swimmers, and 1 supporter, with variations. you have no swift swimmers. you are not abusing the rain. you NEED to abuse it, or that tyranitar would walk all over your team. to fix this, fit cb scizor in your team somewhere. look on smogon for the whole set. superpower takes out tyranitar, bullet punch takes out abomasnow, and u-turn to switch out of magnezone.

also, to keep the rain going, fit rain dance on ALMOST all your team members. you lose a slot, but you don't put as much pressure on one pokemon, maybe two