• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Raining Victory (OU Rain RMT)

How good is the team?

• 5/5. I could never beat this in my lifetime.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 4/5. Excellent team, but could use a few improvements.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 3/5. Above average, but needs some work.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • 2/5. Not very good. Needs a good amount of work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5. Terrible, needs a lot of work to become decent.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Right now you're probably thinking this is one of the standard Rain teams that are just Poli/Scizor/Rotom-W/Ferrothorn/Dragonite/Filler. (Seriously, the number of teams I see like that are astounding.) Well, this one isn't necessarily like that. Instead of using standard Pokemon because they're standard, I use them because they work well together with the more creative Pokemon of my team. This team's focus is countering the common threats of the metagame, not a single Pokemon.

Also, my peak is 380 with this team.

Capture-2.png

cooltext633526161.png

186.gif
l
639.gif
l
184.gif
l
149.gif
l
598.gif
l
423-east.gif

cooltext633526786.png

Well, every rain team needs Politoed on their team to set up the permanent rain that fuels their mighty wrath. Lame Pokemon to give Drizzle to, I know, but it gets the job done.

186.gif

Now I wanted to try out a favorite Pokemon of mine, Heracross. I've never used it in OU before, so I figured it would be fun. With its STABs alone, it can terrorize half the metagame. That's a plus. And with Guts, that massive Attack stat gets escalated to explosive levels. No clue why it's UU.

186.gif
l
214.gif
l

Even with Heracross being awesome and all that, I still needed a reliable revenge killer. Azumarill seemed to fit the bill, having an Attack stat comparable to Deoxys-N, and STAB rain-boosted Aqua Jet. Still not sure why they gave a bunny rabbit Huge Power though.

186.gif
l
214.gif
l
184.gif
l

What with my team being completely physical/special, I needed a good mixed attacker and rain abuser to crush walls underfoot. Dragonite seemed to be the best option for this. Firetruck yeah Multiscale.

186.gif
l
214.gif
l
184.gif
l
149.gif
l

My team has no method of getting entry hazards down! NOOOOOOOO!! I decided to do something about that. Suddenly, a Ferrothorn came knocking on my door, asking to come into the team (Which is why my door has spike marks on it). I accepted the offer, and didn't look back.

186.gif
l
214.gif
l
184.gif
l
149.gif
l
598.gif
l

Finally, I needed the raw power necessary to blast through those insanely bulky walls. The thing I decided on was the epitome of power, the essence of destruction, an enigmatic creature capable of blasting through the strongest barriers. That Pokemon was..... Gastrodon.

186.gif
l
214.gif
l
184.gif
l
149.gif
l
598.gif
l
423-east.gif

Heracross wasn't working as well as I had hoped, so I needed another good scarfed revenge killer. It immediately clicked. Terrakion! This thing can demolish more than Heracross could have a drunk dream of, and it has far superior stats.

186.gif
l
639.gif
l
184.gif
l
149.gif
l
598.gif
l
423-east.gif

cooltext633527163.png

186.gif

Toedtoed (Politoed) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

This set intends to bluff a Choice Set and hit common switch-ins with an unexpected super-effective attack. Special Attack is maxed for maximum damage output, while 244 Speed allows me to outspeed all +0 Scrafty. The moves are standard fare. Hydro Pump for insanely powerful STAB, Ice Beam for Grasses and Dragons, HP Grass crushes those idiotic Gastrodons, and Focus Blast is my best option against incoming Tyranitars.

639.gif

Terraterra @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Terrakion is this team's revenge killer, used over Heracross because of a strange drop in Latios, the main thing that revenges. This thing is a beast, outspeeding Modest Venusaur in the sun as well as Adamant +2 Dragonite, and easily revenges them. Close Combat and Stone Edge provide a marvelous STAB duo, demolishing more than Heracross could ever dream of. X-Scissor hits the bulky Psychics like Celebi who could otherwise survive easily. Rock Slide is for those times when we have a +1 Volcarona/Salamence/weakened +2 Dragonite and I need reliablity to crush them.

184.gif

Zuzu (Azumarill) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

My back-up revenge killer and physical powerhouse, Azumarill nabs the KOs on those speed demons like Scarf Terrakion who can normally severely damage this team. 44 Speed EVs allow me to outspeed minimum Speed Blissey and blast it away with Superpower. Aqua Jet is the key to this set's capabilities, OHKOing Scarf Heatran in the Rain 100% of the time. Superpower is this team's best way of damaging Ferrothorn, another nuisance to this team. Waterfall is the STAB when the opponent is slower/paralyzed. Ice Punch hits Dragons like Haxorus and Latios for a loop.

149.gif

Dragdrag (Dragonite) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spd
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Thunder
- Roost

I originally had a MixNite here, but after further testing I realize full special did better on this special-lacking team. Hurricane is the main power of this set, reaching 180 base power with no drawback and perfect accuracy in rain. Surf takes advantage of the Water boost, dealing out serious damage to unwary Landoruses and whatnot who switch into me. Thunder is another mighty move, and it pulverizes the bulky Waters who could otherwise sponge my assaults. This dragon can also work as a Parafusioner, with Hurricane and Thunder confusing and paralyzing respectively.

598.gif

Thornthorn (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is arguably the best mixed wall in OU even in conditions other than Rain, and in Rain it becomes nigh-unkillable. The EVs give it good all-around defenses with an emphasis in Defense to tank the Outrages and other powerful physical attacks that plague the tier. Spikes are crucial to this team, providing residual damage that whittles down bulky Pokemon. Thunder Wave cripples the fast sweepers that can annoy this team to no end. Leech Seed provides more passive damage, and heals Ferro at the same time. Power Whip prevents me from being Taunt bait, and hits the bulky Waters that wall this team where it hurts.

423-east.gif

Dondon (Gastrodon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 16 SDef
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This is it. The epitome of raw power and annihilation. The destructive forces behind this gastropod lay untapped, untouched. Until now. When it gets a Storm Drain boost from an unsuspecting Starmie, persay, its Special Attack skyrockets to an amazing 697. When using Surf in the rain, it has the equivalent of 1046 Special Attack. Truly, this is a destructive creature capable of toppling the mightiest of walls. Surf is the main attack he uses, crashing a massive wave on the opposition that can defeat the mighty Blissey in but two hits. For those heathens who believe they can stomach Gastrodon's mighty onslaught, he summons the power of the earth and ends the days of Ferrothorns and Haxoruses who could potentially take his Surf with a destructive Earth Power. When those who can take both attacks arise, such as Latios, they are quickly eradicated by a swift Ice Beam. For fellow Gastrodons and other bulky Waters, he reaches inside himself and unleashes a mighty Hidden Power that vanquishes their essence for all eternity. To vanquish this mighty slug, Toxic poison and other status conditions are often employed. Gastrodon's friend Heracross loves these, and gets an Attack boost from them, meaning they make a lethal duo.

cooltext633574573.png

Want to steal this team? Now you can.

Code:
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

Terraterra @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Dragdrag (Dragonite) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spd
- Hurricane
- Surf
- Thunder
- Roost

- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

cooltext636024103.png

The unfortunate Pokémon who I deemed unworthy of my presence.

Crosscross (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

Heracross is insanely powerful, dealing with half the metgame with its STABs alone. The EVs are standard fare, maximum Attack and Speed with the Adamant nature provide excellent power and speed to revenge kill. Megahorn and Close Combat both have 180 base power counting the STAB bonus. Stone Edge hits the Flyers like Gyarados and Dragonite who could otherwise have a field day with this stag beetle. Night Slash is filler, but it's my best option against the ectoplasmic Pokemon like Gengar who are also annoyances.

I underestimated the bulk of today's metagame, and Heracross rarely did his job well enough. Scarf Terrakion is faster, stronger, bulkier, and has a better offensive typing, which led me to choose it over the poor stag beetle.

cooltext633572171.png

The top 15 threats of the metagame and how I handle them.

Scizor: Azumarill and Politoed handle him pretty well. Gastrodon can too, as long as it avoids U-turn.
Dragonite: Thunder Wave from Ferrothorn, Ice attack from some random Poke.
Rotom-W: Ferrothorn and Gastrodon, depending on the Hidden Power.
Tyranitar: Terrakion and Azumarill OHKO with the right move.
Ferrothorn: Terrakion (on a Spikes) or Azumarill (on a move other than Power Whip)
Heatran: Everything but Ferrothorn.
Politoed: Gastrodon and Ferrothorn.
Terrakion: Terrakion, Azumarill, and Gastrodon. If Band or Double Dance, Terrakion and Azumarill. If Scarf, Azumarill and Gastrodon.
Jirachi: Gastrodon, but mostly I just hammer at it repeatedly.
Latios: If Specs, Ferrothorn. If Scarf, Gastrodon and Ferrothorn.
Gliscor: Everything but Ferrothorn and Terrakion.
Landorus: See Gliscor.
Skarmory: Politoed and Gastrodon.
Starmie: Gastrodon and Ferrothorn.
Celebi: To an extent Terrakion if I can X-Scissor as it comes in, but otherwise pretty tough to handle. Dnite does a good job if it doesn't pack Thunder Wave.

That's my team. Thoughts and revisions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
This is a well made offensively based team. However, I'd suggest changing around the EVs and nature of Ferro slightly:

Marluxia (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Ferro needs the extra SDef anyway, and there's really no point to run a negative speed nature if you aren't running Gyro Ball.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Suggestions in bold.
Right now you're probably thinking this is one of the standard Rain teams that are just Poli/Scizor/Rotom-W/Ferrothorn/Dragonite/Filler. (Seriously, the number of teams I see like that are astounding.) Well, this one isn't necessarily like that. Instead of using standard Pokemon because they're standard, I use them because they work well together with the more creative Pokemon of my team. This team's focus is countering the common threats of the metagame, not a single Pokemon.

cooltext633526161.png

186.gif
l
214.gif
l
184.gif
l
149.gif
l
598.gif
l
423-east.gif

cooltext633526786.png

Well, every rain team needs Politoed on their team to set up the permanent rain that fuels their mighty wrath. Lame Pokemon to give Drizzle to, I know, but it gets the job done.

186.gif

Now I wanted to try out a favorite Pokemon of mine, Heracross. I've never used it in OU before, so I figured it would be fun. With its STABs alone, it can terrorize half the metagame. That's a plus. And with Guts, that massive Attack stat gets escalated to explosive levels. No clue why it's UU.

186.gif
l
214.gif
l

Even with Heracross being awesome and all that, I still needed a reliable revenge killer. Azumarill seemed to fit the bill, having an Attack stat comparable to Deoxys-N, and STAB rain-boosted Aqua Jet. Still not sure why they gave a bunny rabbit Huge Power though.

186.gif
l
214.gif
l
184.gif
l

What with my team being completely physical/special, I needed a good mixed attacker and rain abuser to crush walls underfoot. Dragonite seemed to be the best option for this. Firetruck yeah Multiscale.

186.gif
l
214.gif
l
184.gif
l
149.gif
l

My team has no method of getting entry hazards down! NOOOOOOOO!! I decided to do something about that. Suddenly, a Ferrothorn came knocking on my door, asking to come into the team (Which is why my door has spike marks on it). I accepted the offer, and didn't look back.

186.gif
l
214.gif
l
184.gif
l
149.gif
l
598.gif
l

Finally, I needed the raw power necessary to blast through those insanely bulky walls. The thing I decided on was the epitome of power, the essence of destruction, an enigmatic creature capable of blasting through the strongest barriers. That Pokemon was..... Gastrodon.

186.gif
l
214.gif
l
184.gif
l
149.gif
l
598.gif
l
423-east.gif

cooltext633527163.png

186.gif

EVs: 92 HP / 172 SAtk / 244 Spd (Politoed is too slow. Put the EVs in bulk.)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass] (I don't see why to use it over HP Electric.)
- Focus Blast

This set intends to bluff a Choice Set and hit common switch-ins with an unexpected super-effective attack. 92 HP EVs allow me to potentially (albeit VERY VERY rarely) survive a Specs Latios Draco Meteor, while 244 Speed EVs are necessary to, with a Modest Nature, outspeed all +0 Scrafty. The moves are standard fare. Hydro Pump for insanely powerful STAB, Ice Beam for Grasses and Dragons, HP Grass crushes those idiotic Gastrodons, and Focus Blast is my best option against incoming Tyranitars.

214.gif

- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash (Pursuit > Night Slash.)

Heracross is insanely powerful, dealing with half the metgame with its STABs alone. The EVs are standard fare, maximum Attack and Speed with the Adamant nature provide excellent power and speed to revenge kill. Megahorn and Close Combat both have 180 base power counting the STAB bonus. Stone Edge hits the Flyers like Gyarados and Dragonite who could otherwise have a field day with this stag beetle. Night Slash is filler, but it's my best option against the ectoplasmic Pokemon like Gengar who are also annoyances.

184.gif

- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

My back-up revenge killer and physical powerhouse, Azumarill nabs the KOs on those speed demons like Scarf Terrakion who can normally severely damage this team. 44 Speed EVs allow me to outspeed minimum Speed Blissey and blast it away with Superpower. Aqua Jet is the key to this set's capabilities, OHKOing Scarf Heatran in the Rain 100% of the time. Superpower is this team's best way of damaging Ferrothorn, another nuisance to this team. Waterfall is the STAB when the opponent is slower/paralyzed. Ice Punch hits Dragons like Haxorus and Latios for a loop.

149.gif

Dragdrag (Dragonite) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd (You're using a Quiet nature, so put those EVs in HP.)
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Hurricane
- Aqua Tail
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

Dragonite is this team's mixed attacker, and with some Spikes on the field can 2HKO Ferrothorn with Hurricane. 4 Speed EVs may seem unusual with the Quiet nature, but it outspeeds no Speed Politoed and other base 70s. Hurricane is this set's main way of dealing damage, punishing any Fighters or Grasses who would enjoy switching in and messing with my team. Aqua Tail, with the Rain boost, 2HKOs specially defensive Jirachi as well as all Blissey. ExtremeSpeed picks off the survivers of my team's onslaught, and outdamages and outprioritizes Aqua Jet, meaning I prefer it. Roost is for a form of recovery, restoring Multiscale and recovering Life Orb recoil.

598.gif

- Spikes
- Thunder Wave (Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn is a better option.)
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is arguably the best mixed wall in OU even in conditions other than Rain, and in Rain it becomes nigh-unkillable. The EVs give it good all-around defenses with an emphasis in Defense to tank the Outrages and other powerful physical attacks that plague the tier. Spikes are crucial to this team, providing residual damage that whittles down bulky Pokemon. Thunder Wave cripples the fast sweepers that can annoy this team to no end. Leech Seed provides more passive damage, and heals Ferro at the same time. Power Whip prevents me from being Taunt bait, and hits the bulky Waters that wall this team where it hurts.

423-east.gif

- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass] (Again, HP Electric is better on Bulky Waters.)

This is it. The epitome of raw power and annihilation. The destructive forces behind this gastropod lay untapped, untouched. Until now. When it gets a Storm Drain boost from an unsuspecting Starmie, persay, its Special Attack skyrockets to an amazing 697. When using Surf in the rain, it has the equivalent of 1046 Special Attack. Truly, this is a destructive creature capable of toppling the mightiest of walls. Surf is the main attack he uses, crashing a massive wave on the opposition that can defeat the mighty Blissey in but two hits. For those heathens who believe they can stomach Gastrodon's mighty onslaught, he summons the power of the earth and ends the days of Ferrothorns and Haxoruses who could potentially take his Surf with a destructive Earth Power. When those who can take both attacks arise, such as Latios, they are quickly eradicated by a swift Ice Beam. For fellow Gastrodons and other bulky Waters, he reaches inside himself and unleashes a mighty Hidden Power that vanquishes their essence for all eternity. To vanquish this mighty slug, Toxic poison and other status conditions are often employed. Gastrodon's friend Heracross loves these, and gets an Attack boost from them, meaning they make a lethal duo.

cooltext633574573.png

Want to steal this team? Now you can.

Code:
EVs: 92 HP / 172 SAtk / 244 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Dragdrag (Dragonite) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Hurricane
- Aqua Tail
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

cooltext633572171.png

The top 15 threats of the metagame and how I handle them.

Scizor: Azumarill and Politoed handle him pretty well. Gastrodon can too, as long as it avoids U-turn.
Dragonite: Thunder Wave from Ferrothorn, Ice attack from some random Poke.
Rotom-W: Ferrothorn and Gastrodon, depending on the Hidden Power.
Tyranitar: Heracross and Azumarill OHKO with the right move.
Ferrothorn: Slightly more difficult, but Azumarill OHKOs with Superpower after a layer of Spikes.
Heatran: Everything but Ferrothorn.
Politoed: Gastrodon and Ferrothorn.
Terrakion: Heracross, Azumarill, and Gastrodon. If Band or Double Dance, Heracross and Azumarill. If Scarf, Azumarill and Gastrodon.
Jirachi: Gastrodon, but mostly I just hammer at it repeatedly.
Latios: If Specs, Ferrothorn and Heracross (not on the switch for Heracross) If Scarf, Gastrodon and Ferrothorn.
Gliscor: Everything but Ferrothorn and Heracross.
Landorus: See Gliscor.
Skarmory: Politoed and Gastrodon.
Starmie: Gastrodon and Ferrothorn.
Celebi: Heracross.

That's my team. Thoughts and revisions would be greatly appreciated.

Overall, possibly 4/5

Suggestions in bold.

Overall, possibly 4/5

I stated the exact reason for the EVs on Toed, to outspeed +0 Scrafty and min speed base 100s. Ferrothorn has Thunder Wave to **** up sweepers. Night Slash on Heracross is to OHKO Gengar on a predicted Close Combat or Megahorn. HP Grass on Gastro and Toed is to be able to touch Gastrodon, a far more common bulky water than Gyarados.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Stealth Rocks Spikes and Leech seed on one set is illegal. I would take spikes off for rocks if you really want rocks but what you have now is 100% fine for ferro. I do think some bulk needs to go in D nite but not too much and certainly not 252.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Not a bad team and not weak to scarf ttar :) but maybe put toxic on gastro over hp grass if you have it on toed

Not a bad team and not weak to scarf ttar :) but maybe put toxic on gastro over hp grass if you have it on toed

Thanks, lol. The reason I have HP Grass is extra insurance against Rotom-W and opposing Gastrodon, so I don't think I'll change. I will test it though.

Well, the lack of responses is most unusual.

After testing this team some, I realized that this team is quite Breloom-weak, so I will probably be making Dragonite completely special with enough speed to outspeed Adamant Breloom, as Jolly Breloom doesn't have the power necessary to muscle through my bulkier Pokémon.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
Specs Gastrodon? I feel sorry for the poor fool who thinks its a standard wall XD
Anyways, this is a solid team, nice job *thumbs up*
Although you could give HP Electric to either Politoed or Gastrodon to deal with Gyarados, but like you said, Gastro is more common, so it's up to you.

SilentOmen

Shadow of Prophecy
Aside from Dragonite being Quiet natured when you aren't running Trick Room, I like the quirkiness of this team. I'm not even going to pretend that I've found a threat that backs this team to the wall. As mentioned above, I feel very sorry for the sucker thinking Gastrodon is only meant to take hits. You are sure to cause a lot of mayhem. Realization all but a little too late lol. Standard pokemon with a bit of a twist. Instant like from me :)

Aside from Dragonite being Quiet natured when you aren't running Trick Room, I like the quirkiness of this team. I'm not even going to pretend that I've found a threat that backs this team to the wall. As mentioned above, I feel very sorry for the sucker thinking Gastrodon is only meant to take hits. You are sure to cause a lot of mayhem. Realization all but a little too late lol. Standard pokemon with a bit of a twist. Instant like from me :)

Hahaha, thanks, nobody expects their Ninetales to get OHKO'd by an Earth Power and allow my complete control of the weather.

Done some editing, Heracross was replaced with Terrakion because of underwhelming capabilities and Politoed now has a different EV spread.