• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rampardos

JakeSteel

Has Not Changed.
Ok. I just thought of something while browsing the top-100s of each catagory.
I stumbled into ATT and noticed something: Rampardos. His max ATT is 471! That makes him have the second highest ATT in the game. He is second only to Dexoys ATT!
My question is: Why isn't he used more? I know besides ATT and HP his Stats kinda suck, but with Focus Sash, a Rock Polish later makes a neutral natured Rampardos (31 Ivs and 252 Evs) at 404. He also can lean moves like Stone Edge, EQ, Head Smash, SubPunch, etc....
If there's something I'm missing, please tell me, because I just don't get why this guy isn't OU.

zapdragon14

High as the sky 8D
Since his defences are so pitiful, Ramparados will only get one chance at a rock polish (Assuming you have a sash or on the switch), Although with SR up, focus sash is out. Once you've managed to double his speed, you'll probably die...or maybe you'll just get walled by a bronzong who resists all of your aforementioned attacks (besides subpunch, but if your hanging on with a sash thats out of the question).

Basically he's just hard to wield, and that puts people off I guess.

Gibbis

Read it,READ IT!
rhyperior outclasses it with soild rock and enjoys sandstorm boosts like rampardos

rhyperior has 140 base attack with much better defense and hp

rampardos has 165 base attack but it is fragile and slow so it runs with -focus sash-rock polish so pokes perdict it easily

both share with Special defense

Torterra, rhyperior and garchomp both outclass it and counter rampy

Despite this high attack that made people at the start of DP worry realised that he ain't too hard to beat

his sig move head smash is in fact pulled off by reilcanth that has rock head for it's ability better

??????

That guy.
Basically only works with Rock Polish (his defenses suck), or Trick Room support(Gets destroyed on switch).

Saurior

Solar Powered
According to Smogon:

Rampardos is the very essence of a "glass cannon"—it hits hard, but good luck killing anything with it before it dies.
It's slow too. Sure there are loads of tricks to increase that - Choice Scarf, Baton Pass, you name it - but it's still very hard to actually get a hit in. And it'd need to swich out immediately, one good counter move and it's dead (with Focus Sash, it's dead the turn after that).

Then again, if you're skilled enough to get a sweep going with this guy go right ahead. It'd be quite impressive ;)

i'mblue92

water lover
Just like any other Pokemon, if the situation is correct he can be devastating. But there are just too many Pokemon in OU that are either faster than him and can kill him in one hit, or can survive a hit from him and OHKO him right back. Just look on Smogon. They say the best counter is Hippowdon followed by Skarmory, a very defensive Rhyperior, Swampert, Torterra, and maybe Suicune.

Shiny_Gible

Darth Giblius
Rampardos is a glass cannon. Glass cannons are in definition very risky to use, which is why competitive battlers dont use it too much, and it is not OU.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
I used one with Choice Scarf & it kicks some ***.

It's safer to use it in the lower tiers but it can kill in OU too:D

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
I use a Rampardos. I haven't tested him in competititive battles yet but he's become rather promising on Revolution battles. He gets Hammer arm through breeding so it's a nice move to become faster in a trick room.

RagTag

Shroomin'
I always have my Ninjask baton pass him some stat boosts before I switch him in

Chansey hunter

Expert Photoshopist
Wouldn't a glass cannon make itself explode when it fires?

Anyway, I used Rampardos only once. That was in the battle tower because he had solid stats and was at lvl 50. Unfortunately, his low def. got the better of him and he died. To a ditto.

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
*sigh* Seriously, there should be a competative battle section to talk about this crap.

But yeah, its defences are crap. That's why it's not OU.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Well BL's good enough for it, its not exactly underrated.

Basically only works with Rock Polish (his defenses suck), or Trick Room support(Gets destroyed on switch).

It can revenge kill in Trick Room. Its like my Choice Band Trapinch. Nothing outspeeds it and it can OHKO Tyranitar with Earthquake (while it can't escape due to Arena Trap).

dark rift

it would probably be used more if it's speed was better, but since it's so low it's attack is basically waisted.

Casimir

Good boy.
I like how everybody is just posting the exact same thing the first couple of replies explained, but differently worded. :D

Defenses sucks and slow, but hits hard.