• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Encounters with Missingno!

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

In a world that is both Game and Reality, Cassandra (an OC) has finally started on a perfectly normal Pokemon journey. Too bad that idea is NOT this plot. She soon finds out about the dangerous glitches that are appearing all over the Kanto region. Fortunately, the one person who can defeat those glitches is Missingno, who can do anything. Yes, ANYTHING. Just so long as it is random and funny. So join Missingno, Cassandra, Weedy and the Narrator as they take on foes in a flurry of jokes, Missingno being crazy, sometimes an actual Pokemon battle or two, and lots of random fighting.
;000;

Update #3: I have really been wanting to make this better, more concise, and just all around perfect. But I just don't have the time or energy for it. Today I am posting all the current chapters (68-73) I have to get to the end of this section of the story. I might write up a couple more chapters if I feel up to it. Ones that answer some of the mysteries.

Update #2: I'm so sorry, everyone. I've been lacking motivation to write REwM. So my plan right now is to finish up this season, and work on another story. I also plan on trying to rewrite the beginning chapters when I have time. REwM: Reglitched. I hope to make it easier to get into, and try to improve the writing and pacing. Then maybe come back to it later. Hoping for the best!

I look forward to your continued support.

-ODRW

Chapter 1- A Random Meeting
Chapter 2- A Random Missingno
Chapter 3- A Random Glitch
Chapter 4- A Random Fight
Chapter 5- A Random Conversation
Chapter 6- A Random Morning
Chapter 7- A Random Smash
Chapter 8- A Random Bullet
Chapter 9- A Random Realization
Chapter 10- A Random Change
Chapter 11- A Random Chapter Where Missingno Is Not Actually Random
Chapter 12- A Random Chapter After The Random Chapter Where Missingno Is Not Actually Random
Chapter 13- A Random Morning... Again
Chapter 14- A Random Pokemon Battle With Actual Pokemon
Chapter 15- A Random Dorr
Chapter 16- A Random Door That Really Is Called The Dorr
Chapter 17- A Random Cave
Chapter 18- A Random Evil Organization... Obsessed With Rocket Launchers
Chapter 19- A Random Geodude
Chapter 20- A Random Flame
Chapter 21- A Random Narrator
Chapter 22- A Random Webbing
Chapter 23- A Random Reconciliation
Chapter 24- A Random Home
Chapter 25- A Random Officer
Chapter 26- A Random Bridge
Chapter 27- A Random Recruitment
Chapter 28- A Random Machine
Chapter 29- A Random Shovel
Chapter 30- A Random Flight
Chapter 31- A Random Were...champ
Chapter 32- A Random Ship
Chapter 33- A Random Horse
Chapter 34- A Random Fall
Chapter 35- A Random American
Chapter 36- A Random Kidnapping... For A Good Reason, Of Course
Chapter 37- A Random Power In A Power Plant
Chapter 38- A Random TM
Chapter 39- A Random Buffness
Chapter 40- A Random Pokemon Fusion
Chapter 41- A Random Roar
Chapter 42- A Random Zombie
Chapter 43- A Random Tower
Chapter 44- A Random Eye
Chapter 45- A Random Rest
Chapter 46- A Random MISSINGNO
Chapter 47- A Random BEAT DOWN!!!!!!
Chapter 48- A Random Timeskip
Chapter 49- A Random Betrayal
Chapter 50- A Random Plot Piece
Chapter 51- A Random Store
Chapter 52- A Random Broom
Chapter 53- A Random Twi Needle
Chapter 54- A Random Lazy Pokemon... And A Snorlax
Chapter 55- A Random Return
Chapter 56- A Random Circus
Chapter 58- A Random Defense
Chapter 59- A Random Relatability
Chapter 60- A Random Challenge
Chapter 61- A Random Punch
Chapter 62- A Random Time
Chapter 63- A Random Skyscraper
Chapter 64- A Random Kick?
Chapter 65- A Random Dimension
Chapter 66- A Random Lifeguard
Chapter 67- A Random Bird
Chapter 68- A Random Revival
Chapter 69- A Random Info Dump, Ok?
Chapter 70- A Random Last Pokemon Battle
Chapter 71- A Random Fight #2
Chapter 72- A Random Realization
Chapter 73- A Random Finale?

Warning: A Pokemon does die in this story. Not a major character, not even a minor character, just a random one, but if you hate that in any sense, you have been warned.
Rating: K+ for cartoon violence

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 1- A Random Meeting

It is a small city, with wonderful people living wonderful lives. But then everything changed when the fire nation attacked… Wait, this is the wrong script. Here we go, found it.

The city is so small, that there couldn’t be more than 5 buildings. There is an old man who lives in this “city” that has an important job. His is a job that determines between life and death. Without him, the entire universe would be doomed. He… teaches kids how to catch Pokemon.

He sips from his cup of coffee and scratches his balding head. He stands at the edge of the city, waiting. He stretches and cracks his back before slightly slouching again. He paces, waiting for his moment. As a young man approaches, the old man moves to talk with him.

“Are you in a hurry?” As the old man tries to talk to him, the boy pushes past the old man, ignoring the inquiry. The old man does not have time to react before he freezes. His form fuzzes for a moment, before blinking out of existence. He is no more, and the young man continues on, unphased.

Off the eastern coast of an island south of the city, a crack appears.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassandra is finally starting her journey. Before her, the tall grass of Route 1 billows in the breeze. She grips the strap of her large shoulder bag to stop the trembling. Many kids from Pallet Town start their journeys at a much younger age, but her mother wanted her to wait until she turned 16. And today is that day. She thinks back on the past 24 hours that led up to this moment.

She had begun yesterday by receiving a Bulbasaur from Professor Oak. Her mom took some time to give her advice, even though she wouldn’t leave until the next day. She spent the rest of the day wandering the grassy areas, leveling up Bulby. Dozens of Pidgeys and Rattatas later, she returned home. She enjoyed a final dinner with her parents, and headed to bed.

This morning, she woke up much later than she expected to. The weather was just starting to warm up, so she put on shorts and a green t-shirt. She braided her hair and ran downstairs for one last goodbye. Her mother kept thinking of new (and sometimes repeated) advice to give, while her father just gave her a thumbs up. She gave them both a hug, grabbed her bag, put on her sneakers, and officially left home for the first time.

She takes a deep breath and lets it out again. She enters the tall grass that she spent so much time in the day before. But unlike yesterday, her goal is not the first couple of feet. Beyond the field is her first opponent. She beats him with ease. She moves on from her first victory, determined to keep it up. Nothing will stop her on her journey to become the best.

Unfortunately for Cassandra, she has no clue what lies ahead. No, seriously. NOOOOOOO idea!

Her eyes meet with another young boy and the fight begins. Cassandra throws her pokeball, “Go, Bulby!” Her Bulbasaur enters an attack stance, ready to fight as soon as his opponent is chosen.

Youngster #*&$$^ sends out a Ratatatatata!!!!!!!! It has pieces floating around, and hisses out of both heads.

...Cassandra and Bulby do not react. Not that they weren’t ready, but they had no response to such a predicament. Ratatatatata!!!!!!!!, on the other hand, rushes Bulby. He tackles Bulby and scratches with a non-existent claw.

Cassandra finally shakes it off. “Bulby, use Leech Seed!”

“Ratatatatata!!!!!!!!, use super special awesome chocolatey fudge coated super breath!”

A green mist erupts from both mouths, covering Bulby. Bulby cries out as he starts to glitch, his form shifting in places. Cassandra, still unable to comprehend what is happening, can only reach for her Pokemon.

A glowing man flies past her and attacks feet first into Ratatatatata!!!!!!!!. His kick sends it flying into the trainer. They fall to the ground, and lie limp.

And then explode.

The man stands up and wipes the sweat off his brow. “Wow, using Mega Punch is really hard.” He looks at Cassandra and waits. She just stands there, arm still outstretched. “The joke’s not as fun if you don’t react.” He pouts.

“Who? What? ...Who?” Cassandra holds her head.

“Don’t worry, you have many questions, and I have none of the answers. So ask away!” He turns and watches her run away.

She is freaking out. Nothing's making sense anymore. ‘It must be a dream. It has to be a dream. If it isn’t, then what is going to happen next?’

“Next, you let me explain.” Keeping up alongside her is the man, riding a moped. He gives her a big grin and a thumbs up.

And she runs away again. Taking off to the left, she attempts to out-maneuver him, but he catches up, now in a wheelchair. She runs at a small cliff, reversing direction at the last moment. Just as she planned, the wheelchair falls off the edge, but the man isn’t in it. Instead, he is alongside Cassandra… On a vacuum.

Cassandra stops. “Who ARE you?”

The man smiles. “I’m Missingno.”

(With the new re-release of Red and Blue version, I decided to put this idea in motion. PREPARE FOR THE RANDOM!

Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, Creatures inc, and GAME FREAK inc. Missingno is an original spin on the Pokemon owned by them as well.)

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 2- A Random Missingno

“What kind of name is Missingno?” Cassandra raises an eyebrow.

“Not a random one, I can tell you that. Or is it? What were the programmers thinking? Doesn’t matter. It’s nice to meet you, Cassandra.”

“How do you know my name?” Cassandra backs away.

“I just read it in the narrations.” Missingno looks at the empty space next to him and talks to the narrator. “Thanks, bro.”

You’re welcome.

“What?”

“Nothing. Right now, I need a small favor.”

“What do you want?”

“I need you to drop your entire life and travel with me on my MUCH more important mission.”

“Um… No.” Cassandra walks away, but doesn’t go more than 5 feet when a giant Lapras appears on the horizon. She turns back to Missingno. “Do you know what is going on?”

“Glitches.”

“... I’m going to need a little more than that.”

“Alright, are you ready for the entire world building backstory? In the beginning, there was a Pokemon named…”

Missingno, you probably shouldn’t reveal everything at once. Readers like to learn a little at a time.

“That’s true. Alright, smaller story.” Cassandra raises an eyebrow again as Missingno finishes talking to thin air. “I am a glitch. And all across Kanto, glitches are appearing left and right. But the only thing that can kill a glitch is another glitch. So, I must go on an epic heroic journey to right the many wrongs!”

“Good luck with that.”

“Wait, don’t leave!” Missingno rides up on his vacuum.

Cassandra knits her eyebrows. “You can do that whole hero thing yourself, right?”

“Yeah, but it’s not as much fun without a foil character.”

Cassandra walks faster.

She looks to her left to see Missingno still following on the vacuum, but he is now riding upside down, floating in the air.

“How are you doing that?”

Missingno shrugs. “I do what I want.”

“And when those two blew up, was that you too?”

“You bet!”

She points at the giant Lapras.

Missingno’s gaze shifts to the right. “Maybe.”

Cassandra sighs, and Missingno gets off the vacuum. “Cassandra, this isn’t a simple matter. I’m the only glitch left who can fight off these others. You’ve seen what they are like. And… Uh… oh, I’m both a glitch and a pokemon, so I can’t do anything without a trainer.”

“Then find someone else.”

“Every moment I waste is another person in danger of death, or worse.” His face scrunches up and ruffles his short hair. “I’ll tell you what, when I find someone else, you can leave. But until then, I need your help. Also, I need you to hold this chicken.” He holds up a Pidgey.

Cassandra relaxes. “Fine. I give up.”

“So you’ll hold the alligator?”

“No, I will not hold the Pidgey. What even is an alligator?”

“Sorry Joe, she said no.”

“That’s okay.” The Pidgey takes off.

“Now then, ONWARD!”

Cassandra shakes her head, feeling like she will regret this decision.

“She probably will.”

And she hasn’t even figured out all the things that will happen next chapter.

“Yeah, but that won’t be posted for a whole week, so it can wait until then.”

(Cassandra joined the party! Oh, and yes, Missingno DOES talk with the narrator. They will have some great banter.

Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, Creatures inc, and GAME FREAK inc. Missingno is an original spin on the Pokemon owned by them as well.)

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 3- A Random Glitch

As Cassandra watches Missingno skip wildly, she tries to figure him out. ‘He said he was a Pokemon, but he looks like a normal human. He is around his late teens, his hair is a normal shade of light brown and he doesn’t have a crazy hairstyle. He doesn’t have claws, a tail, or extra limbs. The only thing abnormal would probably be his fashion sense. And even then, the colors are just a mash of blacks and whites that aren’t unappealing.’ She sighs as she understands that she can’t understand.

“We’re almost to Viridian City! But I don’t understand why they call it ‘city’. It was only designed with like, 5 buildings.”

That’s what I said in chapter 1.

“True, but that was like, 2 whole chapters ago. And I wasn’t even introduced at that point.”

“What are you talking about?” Cassandra raises an eyebrow.

“Don’t worry about it. Before we get there, I wanted to give you something.”

Cassandra backs up, her face frozen.

“It’s nothing dangerous. Just a hat.” Missingno holds up a red baseball hat with a brim and a white front. It looks completely normal.

So Cassandra backs up even more. She has seen enough of Missingno to know that nothing is ever normal.

“Look, I don’t do Pokeballs, so this is what will connect me to you. That’s it.”

Cassandra hesitates, but eventually takes the hat. It fits perfectly.

And then her bag erupts into flames.

Cassandra screams and throws her bag on the ground. “MISSINGNO!”

“Technically, that is not the hat’s fault. When I connect to people, glitchy side effects happen. In this case, all empty Pokeballs you have will instantly light on fire.”

Sure enough, Cassandra dumps the Pokeballs out of her bag, and the fire goes with them. “So, I can’t have empty Pokeballs?”

“Yes.”

“How will I catch Pokemon?”

“Yes.”

“I hate you.”

“Yes.”

“Well, at least I have Bulby… Why is he a Weedle?” Inside of the Pokeball, even the Weedle is surprised.

“Not me. That is from the Ratatatatatasomethingoranother.”

“Whatever. Let’s just go.”

She is already starting to just accept anything you do. Better step up your game, Missingno.

“Hey Missingno, do you think there will be a glitch in Viridian City?”

“Oh, definitely. But don’t worry, whatever it is, I will take it down with this!” Missingno holds up a rocket launcher.

Cassandra keeps walking.

Wow, she really is accepting anything. This looks like it will be a challenge.

“I accept this challenge!”

“You coming or what?”

They arrive at Viridian City, where all seems normal. A few people are wandering, going about their lives. A breeze sweeps across the short grass, and the sun reflects majestically across the pond.

“Don’t forget about how the Pokemon Academy is in pieces.” Missingno points to one of the five buildings, which has collapsed into a pile of splinters. In front of what used to be the door, a man stands laughing. His head is shaved, and a blue semi-circle is tattooed along his forehead and around the sides.

“Who is that?” Cassandra looks at Missingno and jabs a thumb at the man.

“I don’t know, I just got here. What, do you think that all glitches know each other?” Missingno crosses his arms and tosses his head defiantly.

“That’s racist. Or, glitchist?” The man interjects.

“Exactly. Who are you, by the way?” Missingno turns to the man and rests his rocket launcher on his shoulder.

“Me? I am the avatar, the last of the statusbenders! I was trapped in a prison of ice-type pokemon, but I have been released. Now I will fight against the fire-type nation to once again bring peace to the world!” The man raises a hand above his head and poses.

Missingno raises an eyebrow. “Wow. First Yugioh abridged, now The Last Airbender, does this writer have NO original ideas?”

Be careful Missingno. Never anger the writers.

“What is the writer going to do, take away my rocket launcherohmyhelixfossilhetookawaymyrocketlauncher.” Missingno’s smirk gives way as he looks at his empty hands. He points at the man. “You! You did this to me!”

“What did I do?”

Cassandra pushes her way into the conversation. “Well for one thing, you destroyed that building.” Missingno and the man stare at her. “What?”

“We totally forgot you were here too.” They state in unison.

Cassandra clenches her fists and jaw.

The man enters a fighting stance. “I’m gonna guess that you are here to kill me.”

“Actually, I was thinking of sharing some tea, maybe playing some b-ball, but if you want to…” Missingno prepares himself.

There is an intense moment of friction that passes between the two before Missingno breaks it. “By the way, is that a croissant on your head?”

“No, it is obviously a bow.”

“... Looks like a tattoo from here.”

“Not that kind of bow.”

Cassandra tilts her head. “So, like the bo staff?”

Missingno laughs. “No, he is spelling bow with a w. I think that he got it, assuming everyone would think first of a bow and arrow. But it just looks ridiculous.”

And then the man falls over, asleep.

“... Did you do that?”

“Missingno, do I look like I can do something like that?”

“Maybe you already taught your Bulbasaur Sleep Powder.”

Cassandra holds up her Pokeball, and her Weedle wiggles happily.

“Right.”

The man speaks between snores. “I did this... myself…. This is... one of… my best… statusbending… techniques,… sleepbending.”

“Wow, this is annoying. Shorten your explanation.”

“As I… sleep,... so will… you.” From where he lay, purple rings of mist creep outwards. As it passes through a nearby Pidgey, it falls asleep. The mist continues toward Missingno unhindered.

Missingno stoops down and picks up a rock. He winds up and throws it at the man’s head, who jolts awake. The waves dissipate as soon as the man is conscious.

“Earthbending!”

(Wow. This was a long chapter. Just couldn't find a good place to stop. Oh well, get read for some... "fighting".

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 4- A Random Fight

“I don’t know how you managed to defeat my sleepbending, but don’t think that I’m out of options yet.”

“This would be a short chapter if you were.”

Sparks fly as the two stare each other down. Cassandra decides to skip the fight, and heads to the Pokemart.

“Face my burnbending!” Flames erupt from the man’s hands.

“... So, firebending?”

The man hesitates. “What? No, it’s… different… I think. Whatever, can you stop it?”

“Man, fire is hard to deal with. If only I could do… this!” Missingno whips out a bottle of bubbles and removes the wand.

Missingno used Bubblebeam!

...But, it failed!

His face turns red as he struggles to blow a bubble. After many failed attempts, he throws it aside and spits on the fire.

“I’M MELTING!!!!!!” The fire screams out as it shrinks. Once it disappears, Missingno gives two thumbs up.

“Waterbending!”

“Ha, burnbending is one of my weaker attacks. Tremble in fear of the terror that is poisonbending!” A black gas forms around the man, floating forward.

Missingno pulls out a leaf blower. He begins speaking in monotone. “Oh no. Whatever shall I-” He turns it on, blasting the cloud away and distorting the man’s face with the wind.

Missingno turns it off. “If only I had AIRBENDING!”

“I see that you have many complex techniques based on the ancient arts.”

Cassandra looks at him quizzingly. “Are you sure about that?” She had finished stocking up at the Pokemart, and came back to check on the fight.

“But… does the cold bother you anyways?” The ground ices over at his feet. The ice crawls along the ground, freezing everything in its path. The now burned and poisoned Pidgey finally wakes up only to be frozen.

“Freezebending, huh? Let me show you what real firebending looks like!” Missingno lifts up two flamethrowers and lets loose. After a few minutes of maniacal laughter, Cassandra points something out to him.

“You do know that the ice is the other way, right?”

Missingno turns around to look at the man. He walks to the massive fire he created, picks it up, and throws it at the ice.

The man jumps through the flames, landing heroically. “You can’t defeat a master statusbender! Especially after I pull out my secret weapon!”

“A gun?”

The man looks at him confused. “What? No, logically speaking, next would be…”

“Chocolatebending?”

Cassandra shakes her head. “Asking Missingno to be logical is not the best idea.”

“Well, there is no way you can stop my paralysisbending. With this technique, I have defeated armies, massacred nations, conquered planets! ALL WILL DIE!” Jolts of electricity run up and down his arm as he laughs uncontrollably.

“You should really check your left.”

The man stops and looks to the side, where a second Missingno is winding up a punch. With a loud ‘pow’, he sends the man flying.

The new Missingno just says one word in a calm, deep voice. “Fistbending.”

“WHAT THE HECK?!” Cassandra looks back and forth between the two Missingnos, beyond confused.

“Yes! I finally got her to react!” The old Missingno raises his hands above his head, a ridiculous grin on his face.

“So did I!” The new Missingno runs up and gives him a high five, which sends him flying into the distance.

“And then there was one.” Cassandra gives up again. “The glitch is gone, right?”

“Probably.”

“Cool, time to move on to the next city.”

“Wait! There’s something I’m missing here.” He rubs his chin. “What could it be?” He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a building. He slams it down on the splinters of the old Pokemon Academy, and it gleams with a new coat of wax.

“I swear, there was something I was going to do. I can’t put my finger on it, but…” He uses one finger to lean against the building, while continuing to rub his chin.

Cassandra shakes her head again, but this time there is a small smile. “Come on.”

Missingno hums as they leave. At the city limits, Missingno stops and views a spot of grass that is illuminated by the scarlet light of the setting sun. The wind rustles the trees of the nearby grove and tickles. He stoops down and lightly brushes the grass. In a soft voice, he whispers “Thank you, Old Man. Goodbye.”

“You coming, Missingno?” Cassandra waits for him, hands on hips.

“You bet!” With this, he officially leaves behind his old life and heads out for a new adventure.

Full of randomness.

(Here's where Pokemon attacks officially first come in. Anything in bold relates to the game aspect, and is separate from the narrator.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 5- A Random Conversation

“Missingno, explain something to me.”

Cassandra stares sharply at Missingno across the fire she started. The glow from the fire reflects the fire in her eyes as she questions him.

“Today, I went to the Pokemart to stock up. While there, I decided to ask around if anyone wanted to replace me as your trainer.”

Missingno clutches his heart and places the other one against his forehead. “You wanted to get rid of me?”

“Yes.”

Missingno sobs, pulls out a handkerchief to wipe away the tears, and then uses a bottle of eyedrops to replace them before wailing some more.

She throws a stick at him before continuing. “But there was one problem. No one understood what I was talking about. Even when I asked them when the glitch first appeared, they didn’t seem to comprehend.”

“They acted as if he was always there, right?”

“Yeah! What was with that?”

Missingno sat down on a log by the fire. “Trust me, these glitches are new. But the power of a glitch causes everyone around it to believe that it is something that has always existed. It creates memories for them. That is what makes it so dangerous- the fact that no one will try and stop it.”

“Then why don’t I think that?”

“Because you have me!” Missingno says in a high pitched voice and smiles. After a long, piercing stare from Cassandra, he continues. “Because you are connected to me, you enter the domain of glitches. Now you can see them for what they are.”

“Hm.” She stares into the fire, her mind in her own world.

Her Weedle crawls forward and adds some sticks to the fire. Although a fraction of its original size, he still is able to carry sticks as big as he is.

“Alright! Top shelf, bro!” Missingno holds out his fist and the Weedle jumps up and headbutts it. Missingno screams and runs around the camp, clutching his pierced, bloody fist.

“Thanks… guess I can’t call you Bulby anymore, huh?” She chuckles. “I think I’ll call you Weedy. What do you think?”

Being a Weedle, he has no mouth, but he moves his head back and forth like a pendulum to show his excitement.

“Bulby? Weedy? Nice naming sense you have there.” Missingno’s comment prompts another stick to be thrown, this one on fire. He opens up his mouth wider than humanly possible and swallows the stick whole.

“I don’t know about you, but I’m tired. I’m going to… Missingno?” Cassandra stops as she looks through her bag.

“Hmm?” Missingno looks up, chewing on another aflame stick.

“Where is my tent?”

“Your what?”

“My tent. It is a portable sized shelter, blue and green, barely weighs a thing, was in my bag this morning…”

“Oh, that… Oh. That.” The stick drops from his mouth as his eyes go wide. “I got rid of it.”

“You. WHAT?”

“Well, your bag isn’t that big, and I needed more room for snacks.”

Cassandra pulls out handfuls of chips and glares at Missingno.

“N-now, now. Let’s not get too hasty. Just put down the knife, and we’ll talk it over.”

“Knife? I don’t have a…” Her head jerks back as she sees the knife now in her hand.

Missingno falls to his knees. “Please. Please don’t hurt me.”

“Missingno, are you trying to be so random, that I will give up and move on?”

His gaze shifts to the right. “No.”

She lifts the knife above her head. “Cause it’s not working.”

“Waitwaitwaitwait.” His eyes search the ground vigorously. “Here, you can use this.” He hands her a stick.

She glares at him. “Use a stick… as a tent?”

“What? No. As a tent. Ha. You use it to get your tent.”

“By doing what, throwing it at the past you before you switched it out?”

“That… is a good idea, but no. It’s for this.” He throws the stick at a nearby tree, and out of the tree falls Cassandra’s tent.

“... Did you put it there?”

Missingno shrugs, and Cassandra sighs. She pitches the tent and puts out the fire. “Come on, Weedy. Let’s let the weird man have fun out here by himself.”

“Wait. You can’t leave me. It’s cold outside.” Instantly the temperature drops and icicles form on his nose as his teeth chatter.

“Well then, ask your chips to keep you warm.”

She zips up the tent, and Missingno looks down at his chips.

“...Will you keep me warm?”

(Poor Missingno. And Cassandra. Weedy is doing okay, but he's a Weedle and they don't have many worries. More fun next time!

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 6- A Random Morning

Cassandra wakes up, and half hopes that the lunatic from yesterday never existed, or at least was no longer outside. She zipped open the tent and pops her head out to look. Missingno is lying on the ground, wrapped in a quilt made of patched together potato chip bags.

“... What are you doing?”

He speaks in a high pitched voice. “I sleep in these wrappers and I wrap myself up like a little old homeless lady.”

“I… have no idea what you are saying.”

He flings it off, ready for the day. “That’s okay! Let’s go!”

“... No.” She returns to her tent.

She reappears again after a while, this time dressed and ready. Missingno is still standing in the exact same place and pose as before. She sighs and shakes her head. “Come on, Weedy.”

After eating breakfast, taking care of the coals from last night, braiding her hair, and packing up, Cassandra picks up her bag and motions to Weedy. “Let’s go.”

Missingno finally moves from the frozen position. “Alright!”

Cassandra sighs as they continue on Route 2. Missingno cartwheels alongside, laughing hysterically. They walk by a certain scraggy looking tree that has plenty of space to pass by on either side.

“And yet, they say you can’t pass by without Cut.”

“What was that?”

“Nothing.”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow, but her attention quickly changes as she notices the giant figure in the background. To the east, a massive Diglett stares back at her.

“... DIGLETT!”

She shakes her head and quickens her step.

Pretty soon they reach the entrance to Viridian Forest. There, they find a massive amount of people running and screaming.

Cassandra stops a woman running with her baby. “What is happening?”

“A monster! A monster is destroying the forest!”

Cassandra glares at Missingno.

“Not me. This time.”

The woman screams and points at the entrance to Viridian Forest, where a tree flies through the air. Her hand is trembling, and her eyes are almost open too wide.

“Should I try less, then?” The woman asks.

“What?” Cassandra raises an eyebrow at her.

“Nothing Cassandra.” The woman turns to leave, and does a double take. “I mean, young random girl I have never met before...”

The woman screams again and runs away, her black and white checkered dress billowing with each panicked step. Cassandra, on the other hand, turns to the entrance and takes a deep breath. Inside could be anything imaginable. And with Missingno, the unimaginable is viable as well.

She prepares herself, and opens the doors. What she sees is… almost unreasonable? It is hard to tell after a few hours with Missingno.

The monster resides in the shade as it rips out a tree and uses it to beat another tree. It roars with the fierceness that comes from a lifetime of pain. It locks eyes with Cassandra, and walks into the light. Its tough, purple skin accented the multiple long spikes along its body. It is a Nidoking.

… A level 1 Nidoking.

Cassandra scrunches her face, trying to both comprehend and ignore it. She turns to Missingno.

“Hey! I said it wasn’t me!”

“Okay, but are you going to do something about it?”

“Oh, right. Go Weedy!”

“Why are you using MY Pokemon?!”

“... Because my Pokemon are all at 1 health.”

“What Pokemon?”

“Weedy, use Poison Sting!”

Weedy poured power into the tip of his horn. He felt the power shift into a poison element and form into a cone. He arches back and takes aim at his opponent’s heart.

Wild Nidoking used Thrash!

Weedy fainted!

(Another small installation, but next week's will be fun.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 7- A Random Smash

The Nidoking lay on the ground, convulsing wildly.

Cassandra and Missingno watch in silence. Missingno finally breaks it. “... I think he is having a seizure.”

“So, what do we do?”

“... Wait for him to stop, I guess.”

After a couple minutes, the Nidoking stops and gets up. Underneath it, crushed into the dirt, is Weedy.

“NO! STEVEN!”

“Weedy.”

“WEEDY! Don’t worry, I will fix you!” Missingno reaches into Cassandra’s bag and pulls out a yellow crystal.

“What is that?”

“This is called a Revive. It can be used to-”

Cassandra cuts him off. “I know what it is, but what was it doing in my bag?” Her stare stabs at him.

“I put it there.” He counters with a blank stare.

Still staring at Cassandra, he throws the Revive at Weedy.

Weedy was revived!

“Ha, joke’s on you. Now he has TWO horns.” Missingno lifts his chin and smiles.

Weedy fainted!

When the Nidoking stops convulsing and gets up, Missingno throws another Revive.

Weedy was revived!

“Time to put my ultimate plan into action. Weedy, use String-”

Weedy fainted!

Missingno purses his lips till they are blue. He shakes violently, raises his fists and clenches them, and some massive veins pop out of his head. Let’s just say he is not happy.

“No, I am not.” Missingno prepares to throw another revive, but Cassandra grabs his arm.

“Will you stop torturing my pokemon?” Although it was phrased as a question, the fire in her eyes spoke otherwise.

“... Sorry.” He picks up Weedy and uses the Revive on him. He then hands him to Cassandra.

“Thanks. So what will you do now?” Cassandra watches Weedy crawl up her arm and rest on her shoulder.

“The only thing I can do in this instance… Grovel to the writer.” Missingno kneels down and speaks to an empty space. “I’m really sorry about what I said yesterday. I am really enjoying this story, it’s funny and adventurous, and it’s a Pokemon fanfic, so that just makes it amazing to begin with.” After many such praises, a rocket launcher appears in his hands. “Hurray! It worked!”

“Should I even ask what it is you did?”

“Nah.” He lifts the rocket launcher and fires at the Nidoking.

The Nidoking crosses its arms in front of its face, blocking the explosion. Missingno lifts up a second rocket launcher and fires both again. The Nidoking slides back a few inches, but is unhurt.

“Good thing I brought my homemade custom rocket launcher.”

He says ‘custom’, but it really is just a dozen different rocket launchers stuck together with duct tape and chewing gum.

“Whatever!” Missingno pulls the trigger, and the rockets fire one by one in quick succession. When the dust settles, Missingno drops both his rocket launcher and his jaw.

The Nidoking is unaffected. Even worse, it is now bigger with more spikes. Its eyes flicker, and charges. It rams Missingno, sending him flying into the foliage of a tree. It rages towards Cassandra, who is frozen.

She grips her bag as the hairs on her arms stand on end. She feels her hands get clammy, and notices that she has stopped breathing. The bulking monster of a pokemon is practically on top of her, and her mind still is not working. She can’t even seem to scream. With mere seconds to react, her fight or flight instinct kicks in.

She chooses fight.

She clenches her bag tighter, and spins. With a perfectly timed swing, she smashes the Nidoking with her bag, sending it flying into the distance.

Missingno blows a whistle and lifts his arms straight up. “It’s good!”

His comment shakes Cassandra out of her confusion. “W-what?”

“You beat it! Don’t even know your own strength, huh? I guess this was a… smashing success.” He laughs at his own horrible pun.

“Weren’t you just in a tree?”

“Oh, right.” He walks up to the same tree and jumps into the same place, feet sticking straight out.

Next to him in the tree, a Weedle is sticking out as well. Cassandra checks out her shoulder, and finds out that Weedy is gone. She figures that he flew off when she spun. She picks up a stick and throws it at the tree. Missingno falls out, landing face down. He sits up, and Cassandra’s tent falls out as well, landing in his lap.

She tilts her head and points at it. “Wait, when did my tent get in the tree?”

Missingno shrugs. She tries to glare at him, but Weedy falls, landing spikefirst onto Missingno’s head. Missingno screams and runs around the forest, blood splurting from his skull.

Cassandra shakes her head and walks toward Missingno to retrieve her Pokemon.

(Oh the random! For those who don't know, there is a glitch where you encounter a lvl 1 pokemon at this point in the game... And then it turns lvl 100. One of the pokemon you can get is Nidoking, so here he is! And there he goes! Good job Cassandra!

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 8- A Random Bullet

“I heard that Viridian Forest can be long, with lots of grass and lots of pokemon.” Cassandra stares daggers into Missingno’s head.

“Y-yeah. That is true.”

“So when I spent all my money stocking up on Potions and Antidotes so that I wouldn’t have to return to Viridian City, that was all for nothing?”

“What do you mean?”

“What do I mean? I’m talking about the path you just blew through the trees.”

The tree trunks have been pushed aside, creating a tunnel straight to the exit. The trees still billow in the wind, as if they were always this way. The pokemon pay no attention, and pass by as normal.

“Look at it this way…”

“... I’m waiting.” Cassandra starts tapping her foot.

“Give me a second. I’m trying to make up some sort of believable excuse.”

Cassandra shakes her head. “Won’t people be mad at us for this?”

“That’s the best part! I’m a glitch, so no one questions anything. Remember?” He starts walking down his homemade path.

“You did say that.” As she follows him, she watches the sky, deep in thought. Suddenly, she perks up. “Wait, then what about the people out front? They were running away. Why were they scared?”

“Oh, those were me.”

“... What do you mean, those were you?”

“Well, I’m trying out for a position in the musical, Random People Running and Screaming. It is sure to be a hit, so I’m practicing.”

“So that woman and her baby?”

“That was me.”

“Which one?”

“Both of them. I’m pretty good, right?”

Cassandra sighs again, smiling when they see the exit.

Pewter City, while it has more buildings, still is better described as a type of town with winding roads and several gardens. The people go about their business, unaware of the danger before them.

“... Thank goodness, there’s nothing here.” Cassandra lets out the breath she was holding.

“What do you mean?”

“I thought that there would be a glitch here too. I’m just glad that everything is normal.”

“Normal? You call hoards of Aerodactyls circling the city normal?”

High above the city, it seemed as if dozens of blurs of grey and purple were twirling around in the sky, circling for prey.

“... Crap.” Her shoulders slump. “So… are you going to use the rocket launcher?”

“Cassandra, please.” He shoulders a sniper rifle. “This is WAY more fun.”

He aims down the barrel, ready to take them down one by one. “Let’s see. According to my stats, I have a 99% chance of hitting the head, a 99.99% chance of shooting the body, a 99.9999999% chance of clipping a wing, and 0.0000000000000000000001% chance if I aim for the tail.”

“... So, you ARE going to shoot at the head, right?”

Missingno fires off a shot, and all of them explode. A charred lump falls out of the fire into the horizon, and when the smoke clears nothing else is left.

“Dang.” Missingno shoulders the gun again. “Don’t you hate it when you try to shoot one person in the tail, and instead your bullet splits and ends up shooting everyone in the head.… And then they explode.”

“What’s with you and blowing things up?”

“I’m a guy. We like explosions.”

Yes we do.

“See. Someone agrees with me.”

“What?” Cassandra raises an eyebrow.

“Nothing. Didn’t we come here to fight a gym leader or something?”

“What about that thing that fell from the explosion? Don’t you have to finish that off?”

Missingno shrugs. He runs off, laughing and switching directions sporadically.

She sighs and walks after him.

(BOOM, HEADSHOT! Oh, you crazy, wacky, unrealistic Missingno. But, he is fun.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 9- A Random Realization

“Hey-yo~!” Missingno yells as he bursts through the wall.

Cassandra stands outside, her eyes getting wide.

“Come on. This is the point where you say, ‘Missingno, you do know there is a door, right?’ or something like that.”

“Missingno, I just realized something.”

“What’s that?” His grin grows as he bounces slightly.

“I haven’t had a Pokemon battle since I met you.”

Missingno’s expression and body freezes mid-bounce.

“Which means Weedy is seriously under-leveled, and I don’t even know how to fight with him.”

“Oh, in that case, there’s no problem.”

“No, there is most definitely a problem. How do you expect me to even beat one of the simple trainers, let alone the gym leader?”

“Pshah. Weedy is a glitch now. Just tell him to do whatever. I can guarantee that he’ll beat any ordinary pokemon in unordinary ways. AND no one will care.”

“But isn’t that kinda unfair?”

“Says the person who can’t have more than one pokemon.”

“And whose fault is that?”

“Says the person who didn’t take any time to train in Viridian Forest.”

“Again, whose fault is that?”

“... So, we ARE going to fight the gym leader immediately… right?”

Cassandra sighs. “Fine.”

“YAY!” More sporadic running.

She walks over to the door and enters the gym. Rough, jagged rocks line the walls in a pattern meant to intimidate new trainers. As a rock-type gym, Weedy will be at a disadvantage, but it is true that the fact that he is a glitch helps. But Cassandra wonders if it will be enough to beat Brock.

“Wait, how do you know that the gym leader is Brock?” Missingno quickly turns around to look at her.

She jerks back at his sudden outburst, but regains herself. “Um… who would go on a pokemon journey without at least knowing what to expect from the gym leaders?”

“Apparently 10 year olds.”

“Well, might as well get the first battle out of the way.”

“Oh, this one is easy.” Missingno walks up to the kid and spins him to face the wall. “There, no more eye contact. Problem solved. "

“So you want me to face Brock without even fighting this guy?"

“Yes.”

“I still hate you.”

“Yes.” He has a blank stare, but walks after her.

Standing at the back of the gym is Brock, eyes closed and arms crossed.

“... I don’t know what to ask first. Are his eyes closed? Why is he shirtless?”

Obviously , because he is the rock-type gym leader.”

“... That doesn’t answer anything.”

“Yeah, but that’s the best answer I got.”

"I'm Brock! I'm Pewter’s Gym Leader! I believe in rock hard defense and determination! That's why my pokemon are all the Rock-type! Do you still want to challenge me? Fine then! Show me your best!"

“... Ok.” They both have blank stares as they answer in unison.

And thus starts a battle, that before it ends will put them all in terrible danger. And it will end up deeply changing both them and their views. Forever.

Missingno eyes widen as his smiles disappears and he shouts. “Wait, what was that?”

(And this is where things get serious. Wait, can Missingno BE serious? Guess we'll find out.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 10- A Random Change

“Go, Geodude!”

“Get’em, Weedy!”

“... Wait, a Weedle? That’s what you are fighting with? Against me?” Brock raises an eyebrow.

“Your eyes aren’t even open, so whatever.” She crosses her arms with a ‘humph’.

Brock laughs. “I’ll tell you what. I’ll give you one free attack. Come at me!”

She looks at Missingno, who winks back at her. She slowly turns back to Weedy, who winks at her as well.

“Uh, Weedy… punch him.”

Weedy’s eyes narrow and he nods. He turns toward the foe before him and steels his resolve. He scrunches up, and moves forward. He then scrunches up with all his might, and moves forward.

“You probably should have sent Weedy out a little closer.” Missingno lip quivers as he tries to suppress a laugh.

“My original plan was to have his Pokemon close in and counter from there…. But yes, I should have.”

He gasps. “Who are you? Cassandra would never admit to being at fault! She usually blames all her problems on me!”

“Cause it usually IS!”

“Ha. You’ve got 99 problems, and I’m all of them.” Missingno smirks.

“What?”

“Nothing. Look!”

Across the room, Weedy had almost made it. He scrunches up, and moves. And scrunches up, and moves. And FINALLY is there. His eyes have become weary, but have in no way lost their light. From his front ball-like limbs, two buff arms emerge and grip the Geodude’s body/head. He raises it above his head, and throws it with all his might. It crashes against the back wall, cracking the rock.

Weedy used punch!

“That wasn’t a punch!”

Weedy jerks back at his trainer’s reaction. Without looking, his arm lengthens out and punches the Geodude, crushing it further into the rock wall.

Weedy used punch… again!

Enemy Geodude fainted!

“Well, that happened.”

“You told him to do it.” Missingno gives Weedy two thumbs up, and Weedy returns with his own.

Cassandra sighs. “Let’s get this over with.”

Brock smirks. “Go, Onix!”

The giant rock snake roars as it emerges from the pokeball. It peers down on the Weedle that is almost 1/30th it’s size. Weedy tears up and runs back at a blinding rate. He trembles behind Cassandra’s leg.

Got away safely!

“Great to know that you can run away well enough.” She turns to Missingno.

“Alright, alright. Guess that means I’m up.” He cracks his knuckles.

What? Onix is evolving!

“Wait, Onix doesn’t evolve.” Cassandra tilts her head.

“Not in this generation, at least.” Missingno prepares himself.

The Onix transitions back and forth between two different forms. It finally ends with the form of a…

Missingno’s eyes open wide. Wider than humanly possible. Before him is a skeleton of an Aerodactyl. It’s eyes are white, but he can feel its gaze on him, and his breathing stops. It feels like an eternity before the tension breaks.

“What is this?” Cassandra raises an eyebrow at it.

The Aerodactyl(?) looks at her, and points its tail in her direction. Missingno jumps in front of her as chains shoot out and wrap around him. With a flick of the tail, Missingno flies against the wall, hitting the Geodude still embedded in the rock.

Missingno lays there, and finally begins breathing again. He tries to break out of the chains, and his breathing becomes rapid as he finds that he can’t. He flips over and…

Time slows down again as he takes in the scene before him. Clutched in a hind claw, up against the wall, the Aerodactyl(?) holds an unmoving Sandshrew. Its jaws hover over the Jr. Trainer.

Missingno’s breathing becomes shallow, then speeds up to a rapid pace. He stares at the scene before him and his face twists. “NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!”

(Hurray for Weedy! And... uh... what is happening? Not sure? Just wait till next chapter. Missingno stops being random. *GASP* PS if you didn't know, the skeleton relates to the sprite used in the museum as well as a form you can find MISSINGNO in.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 11- A Random Chapter Where Missingno Is Not Actually Random

Let’s move back just a few moments.

In the same movement that sends Missingno flying, the Aerodactyl(?) rushes at Cassandra. She and Weedy jump out of the way, and turn around to figure out the next move. But it keeps moving, rushing toward the Jr. Trainer still facing the wall. As it approaches, his Sandshrew sees this as a pokemon battle and pops out of its pokeball. It is grabbed in mid-air and slammed into the wall, where it stops moving. The Aerodactyl(?) moves its jaws to take a bite out of the kid when Missingno’s scream stops it.

He is on his feet, glaring at his opponent. He sends out a burst of power that shatters the chains, and steps forward. As he walks, he drags a wooden bat riddled with nails. He huffs with each step, and sneers as he approaches the Aerodactyl(?). It turns toward him as he swings. The bat connects, pushing it halfway across the gym. He then jumps through the air, yelling. He swings the bat down on its skull with a loud crack.

It looks up, unphased. Missingno screams even louder as he sends a barrage of wild blows, hitting everywhere on its body.

Amid the barrage, a bony hand reaches out. Its fingers lengthen, gripping around Missingno’s throat. It holds him in the air, gasping for breath.

“Missingno! What are you doing?” Cassandra has watched with confusion. She has never seen him act like this before.

He answers in a raspy breath. “This… THING needs to die! I will avenge that Sandshrew.”

“What are you talking about?” She looks over to the limp Sandshrew. “It just fainted, right?”

“No. It didn’t use a pokemon move, just attacked. And now someone is dead. I will kill it. Kill it. Kill it! KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL HIM!” He scratches at the fingers to no avail.

Cassandra watches Missingno’s crazed struggles. His labored breathing, bared teeth, the look in his eyes.

That was it. She figures out what is confusing her. Missingno’s eyes are missing its normal, crazy light. He wasn’t laughing.

“Missingno!” She yells his name, and as he looks, his facial expression becomes blank. She holds up the bat. “What is with this? You trying to crack some… skulls?” She points to the Aerodactyl skeleton.

“...” Missingno stares at her quietly.

“M-Missingno?”

“Ah. haha. Hahahaha. HAHAHAHA! What was that?! HAHAHAHAHA.”

The Aerodactyl(?) tilts its head.

“Oh, sorry about that. This time it’s gonna be fun.” Missingno melts, passing through its fingers. He falls into a puddle on the floor.

“Bro, that’s nasty.” Missingno leans against its side. It looks at him, and he winks.

He picks up his bat and smiles. The Aerodactyl(?) jumps back, putting up a defensive stance.

Cassandra looks at what she is holding. It changed into a taco.

Missingno looks at his bat. “What is with these nails?” He pulls out a hammer and removes them. He then pulls out a series of foot long spikes and glues them on. “There, much better.”

He walks over to a wall and moves a rock out of the way. Behind it is a round hole with some points removed around it. The new bat fits in perfectly and he turns it, opening a new panel.

The panel scans his eye and opens a new panel.

He quickly enters a 27 digit password to open a new panel.

He pulls a book from the bookcase in the panel to open a new one.

And emits an ultrasonic sound to open the last panel.

Which holds a wooden bat with nails stuck in it.

He brandishes the weapon and smiles. He keeps it pointed at the Aerodactyl(?), but turns to Cassandra. “Better?”

She smiles back. “Unfortunately, yes.”

(Okay, so TECHNICALLY, by the end of the chapter he is back to "normal", but the chapter title sets the mood, right? Anyways, next chapter is the end of this mini-arc, so it will be fun... and I think a little educational.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 12- A Random Chapter After The Random Chapter Where Missingno Is Not Actually Random

“Now… How do I kill him?” Missingno asks with a blank stare.

“Don’t ask me! Don’t you have some sort of plan?” Cassandra raises an eyebrow.

“Me? A plan? HA! I laugh at your insolence.”

“Whatever, just get him.”

“Yes, ma’am!” Missingno salutes in a soldier’s uniform. He takes his bat and readies it like a shotgun.

The Aerodactyl(?) rushes at Missingno. He points the bat and pulls a trigger. A boxing glove on a spring erupts from the end. It hits the Aerodactyl(?) straight in the face. He pulls the trigger again and again, hitting it in the face repeatedly. It finally grabs the end and roars at Missingno.

He smiles and pushes a button. The glove pulls back into the bat, pulling the Aerodactyl(?) in with it. Missingno walks over to a metal barrel and throws the bat in. He pulls out a match and throws it in too. The flames rise high as the Aerodactyl(?) tries to escape.

Missingno smiles and laughs. “Silly glitch.” His face becomes sullen. “Trixs are for kids.” He raises a sword above his head. He expertly swings it down, cutting clean through it.

He sighs as he finally relaxes. The sight of the last of the bones melting away is comforting. He turns to Cassandra and smiles. “And that’s that.”

She gave a small smile back. “Okay, let me just get Weedy…” She reaches down to let him crawl up her arm. He looks at his limbs which returned to normal and his head droops.

She snickers. “We can go now.” She turns back, but Missingno is no longer there.

She starts to leave, but stops by the Jr Trainer first. He is kneeling with his Sandshrew. She puts a hand on his shoulder. “I’m sorry.”

He looks at her, then glances to each side before answering. “For… what?”

“For… your Sandshrew of course.” She looked at him puzzlingly.

“Oh, yeah. Well, you know.” He shrugs.

“... You don’t care? Wasn’t he a special friend?”

“Of course. He was my first Pokemon. My dad gave me him.” He stared at her as if everything was normal.

She notices that Brock is currently speaking to her.

“-gifted as a Pokémon trainer! Go to the Gym in Cerulean and test your abilities!"

“Huh?” She looks at the badge in his hand. “Oh, right. Forgot about that. Guess we technically beat ‘Onix’.” She grabs the badge and heads out.

Outside the Gym, she finds Missingno sitting against a fence. He watches the trees rustle softly. She has seen him with many crazy expressions, but this one is a first. It almost seems like he is… contemplating.

“Strange for me, I know.” Missingno smiles at her.

She sits down along the fence. “So, what was with everything in there?”

“I’ve lived through that kind of scene before, I got… emotional… It’s… extremely complicated. More than I can really explain.”

“What CAN you explain?” They sit in silence. “If I’m gonna stick with you, I at least need to know that.”

“... It is… was a type of… shadow I once had. Which made this glitch very powerful.”

“I see it gained your humbleness.”

Missingno smirks. “For a glitch, what form you take affects your strength. Simply by taking that old form of mine, a new glitch like that could gain enough power to…”

“That kid, he acted so indifferent, so uncaring.”

“As I said, glitches are extremely dangerous.”

“And you are the only one who can defeat them. So, we move on. New city, new glitches, and knowing you, more craziness.”

“Yeah.” He smiles. “But maybe not right now. Today has been plenty… random enough.” He stands up. “You know my favorite part of this not being a game?”

“What?” She raises an eyebrow.

He jumps the fence. “You don’t have to go all the way around the back of the gym."

Cassandra smiles. Many things still confuse her, but Missingno is back again. For now, that’s good enough.

(And that's that. Hope you learned a little more about Missingno.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 13- A Random Morning… Again

Missingno yawns as the morning light warms the rock he is laying face down on. “Man, I’m tired.”

Where did you guys sleep last night?

“Weren’t you there?”

No, I was off-duty. And because of that, the readers don’t know anything either.

“Oh. Well, my first plan was to sneak into the gym and sleep there. But Brock somehow saw through my perfect rock costume and kicked me out.”

What did Cassandra say about that?

“Something about ‘That’s a potato costume’.” Missingno rolled his eyes. “So I showed her the costume packaging.”

What did she do then?

“She threw it at my face and said ‘It says right here- Giant Potato Costume. Warning: does not look like a rock.’ So I ate it. Without moving. It was pretty skillful.”

Sounds rough.

“I know, right? She really hurt my feelings.”

I meant for her.

“Et tu, narrator?”

Et me, Missingno. But I’m more surprised that you fought Brock instead of using the glitch to skip him.

“There’s a glitch like that?!”

Yeah, it’s not too hard. All you have to do is-

Missingno jumps up. “Be quiet, here she comes.”

She can’t hear me anyways.

“True.” He waves at Cassandra as she approaches. “HEEEEEEEY!!!! DID YOU BRING BREAKFAST?!”

A bag of chips hits him in the face.

“I’m right in front of you.” Cassandra glares at him.

He eats the chips, bag and all, without moving. “I see you got someone to fix your braid. Man, that thing looked horrible.”

“Yeah, you were the one who snuck up behind me to braid it.”

“You were busy packing up, so I decided to help you.”

“Trust me, that terror was not ‘helping’.”

“So, did you do what I said?”

“Missingno, you say a lot of things that I ignore. You have to be more specific.”

“Did you use Weedy to threaten someone to help you?” His eyes shine as he expects the answer.

Cassandra looks at Weedy on her shoulder. They look pitifully at Missingno.

“Speaking of leaves,”

“No one mentioned leaves.”

“How does Weedy eat?”

Cassandra glares at him and slaps a leaf on Weedy’s face. It slowly absorbs into his skin.

Missingno points at him. “That’s cool.” His eyes sparkle.

“THAT is physically impossible.”

“... That’s cool.” He points again at Weedy.

Cassandra sighs and walks off.

(Poor Cassandra. At least Weedy is having fun.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 14- A Random Pokemon Battle With Actual Pokemon

“Hey! Let’s have a battle!” The Lass sends out a Pidgey.

“Alright. Finally, a real pokemon battle.” Cassandra smiles.

“Whoa. What is that supposed to mean?” Missingno crosses his arms. “I’m somewhat of a pokemon, and I’ve been battling this entire time.”

While that may be true, this is the 14th chapter, and there still hasn’t been a real pokemon battle.

“What about against that Geodude? Weedy did a real pokemon battle.”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “Uh… That was barely a battle, and an exception, since it was a rock gym.”

“And while we have been arguing, Weedy already won.”

“What?” She quickly turns around. Weedy is wagging his head back and forth in excitement. He is standing on top of two poisoned, fainted Pidgeys.

Missingno smirks. “Remind me what trainers are for again?”

She takes a swing at him, but he ducks. He laughs as he backs out of her reach. In doing so, he stumbles backwards off a cliff. His face twists in surprise. “Cassandra. Cassandra! We have a problem!”

“What is it?”

“I’m stuck! I can’t get back! The cliff is too tall!

“... It’s like, a foot high.”

“Yeah, WAY too tall.” He walked forward until he kicked the ledge and jumped back. “I can’t just… jump up or anything like that. Don’t be crazy.”

She shakes her head and turns to leave.

“No, wait! Don’t leave me!”

His voice fades away as she keeps walking. She meets another trainer, this time a young Bug Catcher. He exclaims as he points his net, “Hey! I met you in Viridian Forest!”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “What are you talking about? I didn’t meet ANYONE in there.”

While that is true, his speech patterns are already set. Plus, it’s not like we could tell or not. They don’t even have names set yet. This could be some random kid for all we know. And even if it weren’t there is the fact that… wait… she can’t hear me… I miss Missingno.

“Go, Weedy!” Her Weedle faces down the Caterpie her opponent sent out. The two basic worm-like pokemon act big and mighty, but the sight of them trying to intimidate one another is sad.

Both trainers shout simultaneously. “Use String Shot!” Their pokemon blast each other with a stream of sticky webbing at each other, which holds their lower halves to the ground. Weedy struggles, but can’t get free.

“Unlike your Caterpie, my Weedy can still attack! Poison Sting!”

Weedy nods at his trainer’s command. He feels the attack form, and launches a poisonous point at the Caterpie.... Wait, isn’t Poison Sting just where he stabs with his stinger? I guess the animation in the game shows otherwise, but that is not until later versions. What do you think Missing... aw.

Back in the fight, the stinger closes in but the Caterpie dodges at the last second. It uses the momentum to roll and free itself. “Go! Use Tackle!” The Caterpie charges the best it can in crawling format.

“Hey Weedy, is that a leaf in front of you?” Cassandra points out.

Weedy’s eyes sparkle, and he smacks his face on the ground to catch it. The Caterpie “runs” headfirst into his spike.

Enemy Caterpie fainted.

Weedy raises his head as the leaf finishes absorbing into his skin and wags his head back and forth. The Bug Catcher looks distraught, but sends out his next pokemon. It is a hard battle, but Cassandra and Weedy finally take them down. Cassandra fist pumps.

“And I did it all without that stupid, ridiculous, talented Missingno.” Cassandra turns around to figure out why her voice was coming from behind her. Missingno smiles and gives a small wave. “That’s what you were going to say, right?”

“Please stop using my voice.” She glares at him.

Missingno coughs into his hand, returning to his voice. “So, did you miss me?”

“That depends. How long have you been standing there?”

“Umm... About the time you used sent out Weedy?”

“So the entire time.”

“No, I missed like, 110 words at the start. Although half of them was the narrator.”

Weird, I didn’t notice you either.

“Says the person who was too lazy to finish describing the battle.”

Touche.

“What are you even talking about?”

“Don’t worry about it. The main thing is that you have proven yourself a worthy trainer. You have shown that you can work with what you got. Which in Weedy’s case means Poison Sting-ing until everyone dies.”

Weedy puffs out his chest. “Yes, yes we’re proud of you.” Cassandra pats the back of his head to avoid his spike.

She turns back to Missingno. “Does this mean you will let me finish fighting trainers without you interfering?”

“No promises.”

She gives him a look, and pushes him back. He stumbles over another edge. “Uh oh. Cassandra, you accidentally pushed me over a large cliff. Cassandra! Wait! Why are you leaving? WAAAAAAAAIIIITTTT!!”

(Hurray! Cassandra won an actual pokemon battle. No glitches required. And for Weedy, no trainers required.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 15- A Random Dorr

“Oh no.”

What is it?

“It seems like the backspace key is broken.”

So, we have no way to fix mistakes?

“I guess. I just hope that this chapter will go exactly- I mean perfectly, so that we don’t have any strange things- I mean places- I mean... ARRRGGG! CURSE YOU BACKSPACE!!!”

Well, misspelling the chapter heading wasn’t a very good start.

“True.”

Cassandra stumbles to catch up. She props herself against her knees, trying to catch her breath. She looks up and glares at Missingno.

He tries to look innocent. “What?”

She steps aside and motions to the scene behind her. There are spears, places on fire, an army of Weedles stabbing a log, trainers knocked out everywhere. It is mayhem.

Missingno looks at her. “You think I have anything to do with this?”

“I watched you do it!”

“... And that SOOOO means that I did it.” He smiles smugly.

“Yes. It does!”

“I’m pretty sure you need at least two witnesses.”

“Weedy saw it too.” The pokemon riding on her shoulder nods.

Missingno puts a hand up to block her from hearing. “Pst. Weedy. I’ll give you 3 leaves if you say you didn’t see anything.” He slips a handful of leaves towards him.

“What are you doing?”

“What does it look like? I’m trying to secretly bribe your Pokemon without you noticing. So stop noticing. It’s very rude.” She rolls her eyes, and he looks back at Weedy. “So, how about it?”

Weedy looks back and forth between the two. He shakes his head at Missingno.

“Ha! Weedy likes his trainer better! What do you think of-”

“4 leaves?” He holds up another.

Weedy vigorously nods. Missingno gives him the leaves and he starts “eating” them. Cassandra turns her glare on her Pokemon.

“Traitor.” She sighs. “Come on, let’s fo- I mean go. What was that?”

“Aw man! We went so long without a mistake!”

Two hundred and fifty five words.

“Oh whell... NO! AGAIN!”

Twenty one words.

“Let’s just go.” Missingno droops his head and walks off. Cassandra raises an eyebrow and follows.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey-yo!” Missingno energetically opens the door. “I told you that we could make it to the next Pokemon Center.”

“And I told you that I wanted to go back to Pewter City so that I could continue to level up Weedy.”

“And I was RIGHT!”

“... Are you even listening to me?”

“Now let’s heal up that Weedle!”

“That would be a ‘no’.”

The nurse at the counter takes Cassandra’s pokemon, and tells her it will take about 15 minutes. She sits on the couch to wait it out. Next to her is a boy, so she tries to make small talk. “Hello, are you waiting for your pokemon?”

“If you have too many pokemon, you should store them via PC.”

“Ok… That isn’t an answer.”

“If you have too many pokemon, you should store them via PC.”

“Uhh…” She turns to Missingno with slanted eyes.

“Don’t look at me. I’m not doing anything.”

Is he like that because of the game?

“No, I think he is just not very social.”

The boy stammers as his eyes look in opposite directions. “I-i-if you have too many pokemon, you should store them via PC.” He falls off the couch, foaming at the mouth.

“Make that A LOT not very social.”

Cassandra carefully gets up and walks away. Her attention is caught when a man calls out to her.

“Psst!” A middle-aged balding man peeks out from some potted trees. He motions for them to come to him. When they get closer, he checks around before talking. “Hello, there! Have I got a deal just for you! I’ll let you have a swell Magikarp for just 500 Pokedollars! What do you say?”

Cassandra turns to Missingno, who folds his arms. “I can’t believe you. Always accusing me whenever something weird happens. All these things were here long before I was.”

One of the trees in the corner roars and breathes fire.

“... Ok, that was me.”

Cassandra rolls her eyes before returning to the counter to retrieve her Weedle. Outside, Missingno skips along with a huge grin on his face. She looks at him with a raised eyebrow. “You seem very happy.”

“377 words and counting.”

She tries to say something, but is interrupted by Missingno shouting.

“WHAT IS THAT?!” He points to the entrance to Mt. Moon, which is blocked by a large brass door. Above the door is a sign that says-

The Dorr: Property of Team Rocket Launcher.’

“Did we misspell something again?!”

No, I actually think that is how they wrote it.

“So the chapter heading isn’t a typo?”

I guess not. Also, I just figured out that if you use spaces and the arrow keys, you can move mistakes to use in words later.

“Great, and we learn this right at the end of the chapter. Just my puck- I mean luck… crap.”

(No, my backspace was not broken, but I DID write this chapter without it. It took FOREVER, but I came off with few mistakes.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 16- A Random Door That Really Is Called The Dorr

“What is with this?” Cassandra looks back and forth between the door and the sign.

“I don’t know. Let’s go find out.” Missingno runs at the door, crashing into it. He stumbles around before falling to the ground. “Apparently, that’s a door.”

“Well, THAT I could tell.” She approaches and knocks loudly.

A slot opens, just big enough to see the eyes of the man on the other side. “What’s the password?”

Cassandra stumbles back. She reaches up to support the Weedle on her shoulder. “...What? I don’t kn-”

“Password!” Missingno pops up off the floor.

Cassandra looks at him and raises an eyebrow. “What?”

“The password. It’s ‘password’.”

“It is not-”

“Hey Bob, they got the password right.”

“Oh my gosh, that is the password.” Cassandra’s eyes widen.

Another voice comes from behind the door. “Wow, I think that is the first time it has happened since we got Dorr duty.”

“I know, right? What do we do?”

“What about the second password?”

“Right, right.” He clears his throat and turns to the two outside. “What’s the second password?”

“2[SUP]nd[/SUP] password.” Missingno immediately replies.

“Joe! He got the second password!”

Cassandra stares at them. “Really? The second password is ‘second password’?”

Missingno smiles and shakes his head. “No, no, no. The second password is ‘2[SUP]nd[/SUP] password’. There is a difference.”

The man stammers. “U-uh… what about the third password?”

Cassandra throws her hands in the air. “What is it, THIRD PASSWORD?”

“Nope.” The opening shuts.

Missingno scoffs. “Obviously, the third password would be ‘eighth password’. Try and keep up.”

She pushes his face out of the way and knocks again on the door.

The slot opens again. “What do you want?”

“We just want to enter Mt. Moon. Can you let us pass?”

“You don’t know the passwords, and you aren’t wearing the Official Team Rocket Launcher Uniform[SUP]®[/SUP]. I can’t allow you in.” He shuts the slot.

Cassandra turns to Missingno. “What now?”

He rubs his chin. “Well, I could use Fly to take us over, but what is the fun of that?”

“Wait, you could use what?”

“I want to try picking the lock!” He holds a lock picking set underneath his huge puppy dog eyes. “Please.”

She sighs. “Whatever.”

Missingno giddily walks up to the door. He leans down to the lock, and motions to Weedy. “Come, my trusty steed. WE RIDE!”

Weedy leaps off Cassandra’s shoulder in a dramatic fashion. He lands, turns to Missingno, and nods. Missingno nods back, and they get to work.

Missingno winds up a punch. Weedy taps on the door, and when the slot opens up, the man on the other side is punched straight in the face.

“What was that?” The man’s friend shows up, and Missingno knocks him out too.

A voice comes from inside. “Hey, I think someone is attacking people at the Dorr.” Another person shows up, and is knocked out too.

One last person shows up. “Punching people isn’t nice, you know.” Missingno stares at him for a second… and then punches him too.

“... Alright. Lock picked.” He turns around and gives a thumbs up.

“Do you know what ‘lock-picking’ means?!”

“It means to punch people through the door until they stop showing up, right?”

“No. Not at all. You have lock picking tools. Aren’t those for forcing the lock to open? And what did you need Weedy for?”

“So that’s what these small tools were for. I was wondering how these things would help me punch people. And Weedy is here for moral support. Just one smile from him lights up my world.”

“He has no smile!”

“I meant the smile in his heart. Duh.”

Cassandra facepalms. “Whatever. Can you open the door or not.”

“First, it is pronounced Dorr. And third, I can try.”

“What happened to number two?”

“It’s on the other side of the Dorr.” He kneels down. “Alright. Let’s get to work.”

And then everything explodes.

(The Dorr! The Dorr! The Dorr can see into your mind! The Dorr can see into your SOUL!
Really? The Dorr can do all that?
Ha. No.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 17- A Random Cave

“Ok, what is with that whole ‘everything explodes’ thing at the end of the last chapter?”

Well, the end of the chapter needed something… flashy.

“So you lied to the readers?”

‘Lied’ is a strong word. Knowing you, something will blow up eventually. I’m just… a little early.

“Missingno, stop talking to yourself and get back to work.” Cassandra crosses her arms as she glares down his back.

“Weedy, double round pick.” Weedy hands him a small tool from the kit. He puts it into the lock and jiggles it around.

“Snake pick.” Another one goes in.

“Half diamond.”

“Scalpel.” The lock is starting to get crowded.

“Spear.” He jabs a seven foot weapon at the lock a couple of times.

“Mace.” Weedy hands him a small spray bottle. “No, the other mace.”

He holds up a missile. Missingno laughs. “You can’t confuse me by holding up a MGM-13 Mace missile.”

He holds up a model of a store. Missingno tilts his head. “Ok, that one I don’t know.”

Mace is the name of a convenience store chain in England and Ireland.

He turns to Cassandra. “Wow. You learn something new everyday.”

She is not pleased.

“Okay, Weedy. I need the mace.”

Weedy hands him a giant, 9 foot mace. Missingno picks it up, and with a ‘umph’, he smashes the Dorr in.

“There, I picked the lock.”

“Sure, ‘picked’.”

“Hey-yo!” Missingno leads the way as they walk through the Dorr, past a large number 2, and over the four knocked out people. They are wearing matching uniforms with a big RL labeled on them. “Man, who would knock out all these guys.”

“That was you.”

“No… pretty sure I would remember something like that.”

Wow, Missingno. Is your attention span so short you can’t even remember last chapter.

“Ooh, look, an item.” Missingno runs over to a pokeball-looking object, about the height of a human. He pops it open and pulls out a disk.

Cassandra perks up. “Is that a TM? Cause I have wanted one for a whi-”

Missingno eats the disk and looks at her. “What was that?”

"H-how? Why?”

“I was wondering if I could gain a third copy of the move, but no go.” His posture droops.

Cassandra has moved on and is now fighting with another Bug Catcher.

“Hey! No having fun without me!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later, Missingno drops down a hole on his face. Cassandra drops down after him, bouncing on his back safely. Weedy follows after, and lands on Cassandra’s shoulder.

“OH, that really hurt.”

“Says the person with a javelin through his hand.”

He looks at his hand. Sticking through it is a 2 foot weapon. “Huh, that’s weird. Kinda hurts, too.”

“Then next time, don’t aggravate the large Hiker with a backpack full of assorted sharp objects.”

“He looked big and fluffy at the time.”

“That’s what you told him, and that is why he stabbed you.” She kicks a rock out of her way. “What is with all these rocks?” Piles of rocks are littered all across the floor, making it hard to move. She stoops down to pick one up. She turns it over, and finds a swirl pattern on the other side.

“SHE FOUND THE HELIX FOSSIL!!!!!!” A Super Nerd pops up over a pile of stones. He points at Cassandra as he shouts.

“What?” Cassandra backs up a step. Behind her, Missingno picks up some other rocks.

“Seems that all the others are Dome Fossils. That’s the only Helix one.”

“AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGG----!!!!!” The Super Nerd tries to run down the pile, but is stopped by a swift throw from Missingno. He goes facedown into the stones and doesn’t get up.

“Was that the glitch?”

A jarring tremor nearly knocks them over. With the shaking comes a rasping cry. It causes the stalactites to waver, the walls to suggest they would collapse. Cassandra, Missingno and Weedy clutch their heads in pain. And in a moment, it was over.

Missingno stumbles with shaking legs. “I’m gonna go with… no.”

(No, nothing exploaded... yet. ;3 Also, if you don't know, the TM right inside of Mt. Moon is Water Gun. If you still don't understand the joke, go look up Missingno.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 18- A Random Evil Organization… Obsessed With Rocket Launchers

Missingno pushes a pile of fossils out of the archway. They clatter over the floor and down a large hole. From below, cries of anger rise.

A man walks around some heavy machinery that travels up and down the hole. He checks the situation and gives a heavy sigh. “Not more Dome Fossils.” He walks up and puffs out the chest of a black uniform with large RL printed on the front. “Who are you?”

Missingno fixes the suit he is now wearing. “We are Official Fossil Inspectors.” He pushes up his sunglasses before continuing. “We have reports that you are searching for fossils, and came to… what is the word I’m looking for?”

“Inspect.” Cassandra finds herself and Weedy in suits as well.

“Actually, I was going to say make sandwiches, but I guess since we are already here…”

The man scratches his head. “I’m not sure what you heard, but you can obviously see that we do not care about fossils.”

Missingno raises an eyebrow. “You can?”

Cassandra yanks the sunglasses off his face.

“Wow, that is SO much better.” He peers down the hole. Deep down at the bottom is a set of drills that pull dirt and fossils out and load them onto a conveyer belt to bring it all up. “Then what ARE you doing?”

“There is a story about a treasure buried here by a pirate, and we want it.”

“So you are after gold.”

“What? Gold? What kind of person would put gold in a box and bury it?” The man scoffs. “Obviously, it must be full of rocket launchers.”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “Rocket launchers?”

Missingno smiles at her. “Duh. RL. Team Rocket Launcher. I really hope readers were able to get that last chapter, if not from the hint in the chapter heading.”

“... I have no idea what you are saying. But are you sure you aren’t part of Team Rocket Launcher? You have your “custom rocket launcher” after all.”

The man perks up. “Custom rocket launcher? I am going to have to take that from you.”

Missingno laughs suspiciously. “What? Custom rocket launcher? I have no clue what you are talking about.” His special rocket launcher appears duct taped across his chest.

“Are you sure you don’t have anything like that?” The man eyes him carefully.

Missingno slaps on another strip of duct tape to secure it. “Yeah. Nothing of the sort.”

“Oh, okay. Sorry for the confusion.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m immune to psychic type attacks.”

The two laugh for a bit before being interrupted by another piercing cry. After it stops, Cassandra looks around. “What IS that?”

The man shrugs. “Legends say that the treasure is guarded by a Geodude, but we figure, what can a foot and a half tall Pokemon do?”

Missingno scoffs. “You don’t know the concept of this story, do you?”

The rumbling returns, and this time it comes with a cracking sound from the hole. The three of them peer down to see large cracks form halfway down, along the side.

The man yells down. “Jerry, I thought you said to walk 22 steps west and start digging. This is where the treasure is, right?”

“Did I say 22, or 36? Cause one is the treasure, and the other just gives an obscene amount of Dome Fossils. I never remember which is which.”

The side bursts, and a humongous Geodude emerges. It is many times bigger than normal, and its arms are ridiculous- almost as big around as its body. It gives a deafening roar and glares at the Rocket Launcher members.

The man gives a shaky laugh. “O-obviously , this is all an optical illusion. Because it is so far away, it only looks like a 50 foot tall, ridiculously beefed Geodude.”

The Geodude grabs a Rocket Launcher member and eats him. The rest of them sit silently before screaming hysterically. The man next to them runs at full force for the exit. The ones at the bottom of the hole can only run in circles. Some try to ride up the conveyer belt, but the Geodude smashes it with a simple sweep of its hand. The rest huddle together in fear.

Cassandra yells after the man who ran away. “That’s not how optical illusions work!”

“Wow, Cassandra. A little late, don’t you think?”

She puts her hands on her hips. “Fine, next time a giant Geodude eats someone, you can make sure to tell them about how optical illusions work before anything else happens.”

“Deal! Also, has anyone else noticed how many italicized words are in this chapter? I mean, it’s not a lot, but more than usual. Weird... “

Missingno, are you going to fight the Geodude, or what?

Everything around him stops as he talks to the air next to him. “Woah, narrator. Been awhile since you showed up.”

Yeah, the plot was trying to move forward.

“Rude. The plot needs to calm down and learn that it can’t interrupt me whenever it feels like it.”

The plot says it’s sorry.

“That’s okay. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a non-plot related fight to get to.”

Except that the chapter is pretty much over.

“You’re right, so I am going to go out and grab a bite to eat before the next chapter starts up.”

Have fun.

(The concept of this story? To make things as big and ridiculous as possible.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Chapter 19- A Random Geodude

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAND, we’re back.” Time resumes right where it left off last chapter.

“Missingno, we should really help those guys, and isn’t that Geodude is a glitch, and where did you get a hot dog?”

He looks at the steaming food in his hand. “Are we going to talk about that?” In a few swift bites, he consumes the hot dog. “Or are we going to do this thing?” He pulls on a pair of swimming goggles and steps out onto the diving board in a Missingno-colored speedo.

“When did-”

“Cassandra.” He puts a finger to his lips. “I’m trying to sing.”

He gracefully leaps off the springboard and performed a reverse 4 and a half somersault. He spins as he floats down in a majestic manner… and belly flops on the Geodude’s head. The Geodude picks him off and throws him at the ground, burying him into the dirt. A nearby group of costumed Missingnos raise scores. 10, 10 and -12. The Simon Cowell Missingno speaks in a British accent. “That had to be the worst singing. Ever. Of all time.”

Missingno pops out of the ground, gasping. “Okay, now to figure out how to get Cassandra down.”

Behind him, elevator doors open and Cassandra and Weedy get off.

“Since when was that there?”

“Since we walked into this room. There was a big blinking sign that said ‘The ElevaTorr: Runs to operation level, so don’t try to jump and/or dive down’.”

“Oh…”

The Rocket Launcher members rush on and take it back up.

“So what now? Are you going to use your rocket launcher to blow it up?”

“No, Geodudes are impervious to rocket launchers. Why do you think Team Rocket Launcher ran away instead of fighting?”

Cassandra looks at Missingno. “Is your rocket launcher ever going to be of any use? Because so far it has not done a single thing.”

He caresses his custom launcher. “It’s okay, girl. She didn’t mean it.”

“So what random thing will you use to defeat this?”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. You’re expecting some random thing to happen?”

“Well, yeah.”

“Great, that ruins the surprise. What if I used a banana?” He holds up an apple.

“Sure, go ahead.”

He crushes the fruit in his grip. “No good, no good.” He scratches his chin. “What to do?”

“Whatever you do, do it quick. I’m surprised the Geodude hasn’t attacked us yet.”

Missingno huffs. “Oh, so the giant Geodude with beefy arms surprises you, but my wielding a fork made out of spoons doesn’t?” He holds up a strange fork/spoon mesh.

“No.”

“I will have you know that the Geodude is just following the rules. He can’t attack while we have an important conversation.” He winks at the Pokemon, and it winks back. “In order to defeat a Geodude, we have to use the weakness wheel. Geodude beats rocket launcher, and what beats Geodude is…”

Missingno reaches into the front pocket of Cassandra’s large bag and pulls something out. “THIS!” It is a small sledgehammer with a short handle.

“A hammer?”

“A hammer.”

“And it will work?”

“And it will work.”

“How?”

“How… I mean, like this!” Missingno smiles back at her scowl. He grips the hammer with both hands, holds it at arm’s length, and proceeds to spin in place. Faster and faster, he whips around, creating a small whirlwind. Cassandra places a hand on Weedy to keep him in place and steps back.

Now at a blinding speed, Missingno begins to yell. At the same time, the Geodude winds up a punch. The two attacks close in to collide.

“Hammer… BEAAAAAAAM!” From the end of the hammer, a ray of lights shoots out, connecting with the Geodude’s face. It is pushed back into the wall before bursting into a generous flow of coins… and a Team Rocket Launcher member.

Cassandra’s eyes widen as she holds out her hands. But before she can catch any coins, they are pulled to the side. She turns to see Missingno sucking them all in.

“Missingno!”

“What?”

“Do you know how much we needed that money? It’s expensive enough to feed you, let alone that fact that you stop me from fighting like, half the people we see. And now you EAT the money?”

“Don’t worry. It was all just those chocolates wrapped to look like money. I was just too lazy to unwrap them. Here, I saved you one.” He pulls out a single coin and hands it to her.

“Missingno.”

“What?”

"This is a real coin.”

Missingno’s stomach makes a gurgling sound. “Oh no.”

(And another Geodude bites the dust. Or... bursts into coins. Thank goodness for the old, trusty sledgehammer. Always there when you need it to shoot beams for you.

Last edited: