• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Encounters with Missingno!

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

random_encounters_with_missingno__chapter_39_by_otakudragon_redwolf-daf8yhp.jpg

Chapter 39- A Random Buffness

Standing in front of them are creatures that are almost completely human-like. And even though they are ridiculously buff, they wear blue tuxedos with long, thin coat tails. On their backs are small blue wings with purple insides, but even those can be written off. The weird part is the head. Blue skin and void of hair or features beyond similar blue and purple ears and a giant mouth that covers the whole face and has four pointed teeth.

Cassandra stares at them. “Is it bad that I find this that disturbing?”

“Trust me, combine Zubat’s face with anything, human or another Pokemon, and it turns out weird. I tried them all.”

The ‘Zubats’ fill the entire cave, practically back to back.

Missingno perks up. “I was wondering where all the Zubats were in Mt. Moon. Usually there are massive amounts, but I guess they all came here.”

“Whatever. If they want a fight, then we can TWINEEDLE!”

“...” Driller tilts his head at her.

“Uh, Missingno?”

“Oh, he no longer knows Twineedle. He does know Twi Needle, though.”

“... Alright, then use Twi Needle.”

“Wait!” He pulls Driller back. “Can’t you see the crazed, hypnotized look in their eyes?”

“... I’m not even going to respond.”

“But you just did.” He winks at her, and she rolls her eyes.

“So, what do you suggest?”

He hops up on a soap box. “My fellow brothers! Look to me!”

The Zubats all face toward him and emit a high pitched screech.

Missingno holds his ears. “Stop looking! Stop looking!”

The Zubats quiet down, and Missingno continues on. “Alright, just listen. You don’t have to let the MAN bring you down. You are your own selves. I mean, look at you. You’re all ridiculously buff. The only one that has the Strength to stop you is yourself. Break off the Haze that covers your eyes! Use the Rage that exists within you! Continue to Stomp out your future! There is no Substitute for the Swift movement to Take Down those who oppress! Never Rest!” He looks to Cassandra. “Do you have anymore Pokemon move puns?

“No.”

“Then that’s good enough! Rise up! Vive La Résistance! Tell me your desires!”

The Zubats give an assortment of grunts and cries. They turn and charge farther into the tunnel.

“... Close enough.”

“What now?”

“Now, we see if Driller can Dig it!”

“...”

“...”

Missingno and Cassandra stare at each other for a while before Missingno breaks the silence. “I’m serious.” He holds up a shovel.

After he demonstrates to Driller how to dig up some dirt, he hands the shovel over. Driller holds it awkwardly in his spear-hands, and slowly moves towards the floor. He stabs it in and proceeds to Dig at a blinding speed. In a few short moments, he has dug through the floor and into the level below.

Cassandra glares at him. “Great. You officially taught my Pokemon a move it physically can’t learn. What move did you get rid of?”

Missingno grins. “None. I said I could teach anyone how to Dig a hole. I never said that they would forget something else.”

Cassandra’s eyes widen. “So…”

He poses. “I have broken the four move limit! Who needs just four moves when you can have them all!”

“Too bad he can’t re-learn any of the moves from the levels before he evolved.”

“There’s just Fury Attack and Focus Energy. And I already talked about the problem with the second one.”

“And Fury Attack?”

He places a hand on her shoulder. “A worthy sacrifice.”

She pushes him back and down the hole. She then jumps down after him.

Below, Missingno finishes inflating a bouncy castle. He wipes the sweat off his forehead. “There. I’m done with the joke that has everyone use me to land safely.”

Cassandra falls down, bounces off the castle, and lands on Missingno.

Missingno flails for a bit before lying limp. “You know you could have written it that she falls safely thanks to my ingenious plan, right?”

Yup.

After Cassandra gets off him, Missingno stands up. Driller flies up to him and flails his spear-hands up and down.

“Aw, are you worried about me? Don’t worry, I’m fine.” He holds out a fist. “Thanks for not falling on me this time.”

Driller fist bumps him… or in his case, fist stabs him. Missingno clutches his bloody hand and breathes deeply.

“Are you okay?”

Missingno laughs and holds up his perfectly fine hand. “Of course.”

Cassandra shakes her head and walks farther into the cave. She checks out the lights that line the walls, all the way up the tall sides and over the ceiling, way overhead. As she walks, the lights along the walls grow dimmer. “What are we looking for?”

She nearly trips over something. She looks down to see a small creature only about a foot high. It’s hard to see in the little light, but she can make out the round figure with stubby arms, legs and ears.

“Oh, it’s a Jigglypuff. I didn’t know there were wild ones in this cave.” She reaches down to pet it.

The lights suddenly grow brighter, revealing the creature’s appearance. Cassandra jumps back. “What is that?!”

Missingno runs up with Driller in tow. “Hey, I fixed the light problem!” He looks at the creature. It looks like a Jigglypuff, but is blue, and instead of a face it has a giant mouth with four large teeth. “Oh, a Zupuff. Remember how I said that a lot of things look weird with Zubat’s face/mouth? Well, one of the strangest is this. And don’t get me started on Golpuff or Fearpuff.”

“You seem really calm.”

“Of course. Now if it would be really bad if it was a Zubuffpuff.”

The Zupuff flexes its small arms, which change into large buff ones.

“... RETREAT!” Missingno runs back to the bouncy castle and jumps on.

( All your buff are belong to us! And now Driller can learn more than the ridiculously low four moves. Good for him.

Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, Creatures inc, and GAME FREAK inc. Missingno is an original spin on the Pokemon owned by them as well. )

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

untitled_by_otakudragon_redwolf-daflgqe.png

Chapter 40- A Random Pokemon Fusion

Cassandra jumps onto the bouncy castle with Driller right behind her.

“So, now that the… whatever you called it has muscles, you run scared.”

Tears form at the edge of Missingno’s eyes as he looks at her. “Can you blame me? Did you see the size of those arms?”

“Yeah, this reminds me of the Geodude in Mt. Moon.”

“Seems to be a reoccurring theme with caves. I shiver thinking what will be waiting for us at Victory Road.”

They hear a cry from outside the castle. They look over the edge to see the Zubuffpuff repeatedly punching the side. Each swing bounces off harmlessly.

Missingno wipes away the tears and laughs. “Take that! Nothing can penetrate the sturdy walls of the great castle-”

“It has a knife.”

It picks up a large kitchen knife and smiles. Or, at least I think it smiles. Hard to tell when its entire face is a mouth.

Missingno half smiles. “... I told you leaving them around would make things more interesting.”

“I was hoping that your ‘interesting’ would cause less problems, but that was too much to ask for, huh?”

“Fire the main cannon!” He throws a beach ball harmlessly at the Zubuffpuff’s head. “No good, attack with everything we got!” He begins throwing an assortment of inflatable pool toys to no avail.

The Zubuffpuff ignores the useless toys and tries to stab the castle. Before it can, it is hit by a cannonball. It stumbles back, but quickly regains itself.

Missingno jumps down. “So, that’s how it’s gonna go? You have forced me to pull out the real weapons.” He brandishes a long pink balloon. “Come at me, bro!”

The Zubuffpuff stabs at Missingno, but he parries the attack with his own ‘weapon’. When the two make contact, it sounds like metal clashing. It tries to continually strike, but each attack, lunge, and even the feints are deflected.

Cassandra watches from on the castle. “I’m really going to regret this, but… what is that?”

He looks at her while still deflecting the enemy’s attacks. “I wanted a balloon to fight with the Balloon Pokemon. The party clown said that it is the hardest balloon animal he can create, but he said I was worth the effort to make this ‘snake’.”

“... What party clown?”

“The one behind you.”

She looks over to see a group of the humanoid Zubats hanging around, eating cake, chatting(?), and having a good time. Close by, a Missingno in a clown getup is juggling.

“So that’s why this castle thing is here.”

“No, it’s not part of the party. I just like bouncy castles.”

She turns back and glares at him. “You do know that a balloon animal can’t block a sharp edge, right?”

Missingno’s eyes widen. “... What?” His balloon pops.

The Zubuffpuff stabs at Missingno, but he sidesteps and back kicks the knife out of its hand. It then charges in for a close fight.

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Pound!

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Double Slap!

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Body Slam!

The Pokemon(?) hits Missingno’s face in a rage of attacks. It then lunges at his midsection, arms open wide.

Missingno used Substitute!

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Disable!

Missingno disappears and leaves a green stuffed animal doll behind. The Zubuffpuff proceeds to wrap its muscular arms around and crush the doll in half.

“That is the craziest spin on ‘Disable’ I have ever seen!” Missingno pops up back by the castle, sweating bullets.

Literal bullets.

The Zubuffpuff lunges at him again, but this time Missingno steps out of the way. It flies into the castle and bounces off, heading back towards Missingno. It grabs onto him and throws him over its shoulder.

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Seismic Toss!

Missingno flips around a couple of times before falling on and shattering his Substitute doll. He weakly gives a thumbs up. “Ha. Substitute was still up, so I didn’t get hurt.”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “Does it know that move because of its arms?”

“No, Jigglypuff can learn that TM.”

“Really? What else can it learn?”

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Blizzard!

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Ice Beam!

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Psychic!

It didn’t affect Missingno.

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Bubblebeam!

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Fire Blast!

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Solarbeam!

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Thunder!

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Thunderbolt!

After the barrage ends and the dust starts to clear, Missingno slowly pulls himself along the ground. “Why? Why, gen 1 Jigglypuff? WHY?!”

Also, how?

“Obviously, because it is the Balloon Pokemon.”

… That doesn’t answer anything.

“Yeah, but that’s the best answer I got.”

(Really. What the heck, gen 1? This isn't last thing that I found out, and Missingno is going to help me wonder about them all.

Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, Creatures inc, and GAME FREAK inc. Missingno is an original spin on the Pokemon owned by them as well.)

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

untitled_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dag3ui1.png

Chapter 41- A Random Roar

Missingno rolls onto his back, breathing heavily. “The battle’s not over until the fat lady sings!” The Zubuffpuff walks towards him. “Crap, I forgot that this fat lady can Sing.”

Missingno used Substitute!

Wild Enemy Zubuffpuff used Toxic!

Missingno holds up a green stuffed animal doll in time as his opponent spits out some nasty purple liquid.

“Well, I thought it was going to put me to Sleep, but I guess either way it worked out.”

You do know that Substitute doesn’t block Sleep yet, right?

“What? Really?” Still holding the doll, he dodges around as the Zubuffpuff continues to attack. “So it completely blocks poison, burns, and freezing-”

And flinching.

“-but not sleep?”

It also stops paralysis side effects on attacks that deal damage, and blocks all attacks that only cause confusion with no additional damage.

“What is with these complicated rules?!” He flips a table, which flies at the Zubuffpuff until it is punched in half.

Don’t worry, it is fixed by gen 2.

“That’s a relief, BUT THAT DOESN’T HELP ME HERE!” He flips another table.

Cassandra calls out to him. “Missingno, are you talking to yourself again?”

“No, I am talking to… I just had a thought. Did we have any typos so far?”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “What?”

“I’m talking to myself.”

… You are asking me though, right?

“Yeah. So?”

None so far.

He grins. “Perfect.”

Missingno used Double Team!

Enemy Zubuffpuff used Mega Punch!

The Pokemon(?) punches through an after-image. It turns around to face Missingno, who is standing in front of the bouncy castle. He tosses the doll to the side.

“The only time it said both ‘wild’ and ‘enemy’ is when it used Toxic, which both Zubat and Jigglypuff can learn.” He places a foot back to brace himself. “Time for the the fat lady to sing.”

Missingno used Roar!

As Missingno roars, the Zubuffpuff’s form shifts. The blue seems to melt off and fly away. It turns into a giant Zubat and flies in place, screeching.

Missingno watches calmly while holding his hands over his ears. “Now!”

A group of the humanoid Zubats jump in and grab a hold of the giant Zubat’s wings. It ignores them and prepares an attack.

Wild Zubat used Swift!

Stars erupt from its mouth, but before they hit Missingno, they turn to the side and break the doll lying on the floor.

“Sorry, the Substitute was still up.”

The giant Zubat shakes off the others and heads into a dive.

“Tossing Pokemon moves aside and just going for a straight attack, huh? Two can play at that game.”

As the Zubat gets close, it opens its mouth to swallow Missingno whole. Inches before he becomes lunch, the clown Missingno appears and smashes the giant Zubat with an even bigger balloon poodle. At the same time that it shatters, the humanoid Zubats glitch out before returning to normal Pokemon.

Cassandra slides off the castle. “Cutting that a little close, don’t you think?”

The clown Missingno laughs. “Don’t worry. He was sure that I would pull through for him, right?”

They look at the other Missingno, who is white-eyed, foaming at the mouth, and falls on his face, weeping.

“... He’s fine.” The clown Missingno throws off his costume, wearing his usual black and white get-up. He walks up to a Jr. Trainer Girl- “I believe this is yours.” -and hands her a Jigglypuff, still with huge arms.

“Wait, I thought that when you beat the glitch, everything turns back to normal.”

“It does. I was the one who turned it into a Buffpuff.”

“... Why?!”

He shrugs. “Cause can.”

Cassandra shakes her head as she and Driller follow Missingno farther into the cave. She looks down to the dead end. “Is this the right way to the ladder?”

“No, this tunnel is a little strange. It is actually box levels, and the ladders don’t match at all. So we are just gonna head to the bottom and Dig our way up.”

Driller pulls the shovel out and flies up to the ceiling. Dirt falls down at them as he makes a hole to the top.

“Cool, but how are we supposed to get up?”

Missingno pulls out a piece of equipment. “GRAPPLING HOOK!!!” A hook launches up and through the ceiling. He hands the gun to Cassandra. “Ladies first.”

She takes the piece, and it automatically starts to reel the cord in. She is pulled up quickly through the hole, and after she passes through the hole, it suddenly seals up. She lets go and drops to the floor. Missingno yanks the grappling hook free and rolls it up.

“Wait! When did you get here?!”

Missingno looks back at her. “Well, it took a few times, but Quick Attack is very handy. I have to hit something, but caves provide plenty of fodder- I mean, Zubats.” Back through the tunnel, dozens of fainted Zubats are lying around at long intervals.

“... Right.” Cassandra claps her hands together. “I say we exit, find a nice place to set up camp, and finally get to sleep.”

Missingno yawns and rubs his eyes. “I like that plan.” He walks to the bottom of the ladder, then flips 90 degrees and walks straight up it.

Cassandra sighs, knowing what is coming next. Sure enough, climbing the ladder leads to walking out the tunnel opening. Never anything in between. She shakes her head as she looks around for Missingno. The sun has already gone down, but she thinks she sees him.

Right in front of the exit is a small plateau that sits on a hill. As she strains her eyes in the dark, she sees Missingno is standing on top of it, staring at the tower nearby while eating a bag of chips.

Cassandra calls out to him. “What are you doing? There’s some open space by a tree nearby. We can set up camp there and eat some dinner.” Despite her yelling at him, he doesn’t even flinch. “Is anything wrong?”

“Yeah. Very wrong.” He runs off towards the next town.

She raises her eyebrow as she looks around. She eventually follows after him to the town, and when she finally gets there…

She is met by a bunch of zombies…

Pokemon zombies.

(There is no rest for the random. Or for the people that the random drags along with it.

Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, Creatures inc, and GAME FREAK inc. Missingno is an original spin on the Pokemon owned by them as well.)

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

untitled_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dagii4b.png

Chapter 42- A Random Zombie

As the crescent moon yields a faint light, about a dozen Pokemon zombies shamble around the few buildings of Lavender Town. The few townsfolk still out pass by the creatures, and although they walk around any zombies in their way, they don’t even give them the slightest glance.

Cassandra gasps. “A glitch.”

“Well, duh.” Missingno appears next to her. “But I’m surprised that no one has been hurt yet.”

A yellow, duck-like zombie Pokemon… ‘lunges’ at a passerby. The person simply keeps the same speed, and the Psyduck zombie just grabs air.

Missingno rubs his chin. “I guess the real problem in a zombie apocalypse is the humans.”

“So, it’s a good thing that no one pays attention to them?”

“More or less. For now. But we should take care of this soon.”

“Is it really that serious?”

Missingno stares up at the tower, his smile gone. “I have a feeling that it is.”

“...” Cassandra stares at his expression, but he soon turns to smile at her.

“Now, then!” He points at the tower’s entrance. “It has been a long day, and the time to sleep is near, but are you two ready for one more fight today?!”

Cassandra cheers as she and Driller raise a fist/spike at Missingno’s statement.

They approach the entrance carved into the rock under the tower, but a zombie Squirtle drags its partially curled tail as it lumbers towards them. The shell that cover the back of this turtle-like Pokemon is damaged in places, and a good portion of its blue skin is peeling off, especially around its face.

“Don’t worry, it may be really creepy, but it is also incredibly slow. If we walk swiftly around it, we should be fine.” He looks at the foot tall creature, slowly making its way the last couple of feet.

And he punts it in the face.

“What happened to ‘just walk around it’?”

“That was the plan, but did you see how creepy it used to be?”

“Used to?”

The zombie, laying on its stomach, looks up at them with a normal Squirtle face. It doesn’t have the strength to get up, so it reaches out with its decaying arm and opens its still decaying mouth….

Missingno jumps back. “I thought that would make it less creepy! I was wrong! I was horribly wrong!” He cries as he runs away.

Cassandra takes one last look at it, shudders, and follows him. They walk inside the tower, where five human skeletons are standing at the back of a large room. They grab their heads and turn them towards the entrance.

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “Did they have to do that themselves, or are they just being creepy?”

“Technically, they don’t have muscles or tendons, so it would make sense for it to be hard to-”

The skeletons turn around, their heads staying in place, and run at them.

Missingno glares at them. “... Yeah, they’re just being creepy.” He looks to his left. “Cassandra!”

She looks to her left. “Driller!”

He looks to his left… and then back at the other two. “...” He tilts his head.

Cassandra sighs and jabs a thumb at the incoming enemies. “Twineedle.”

“Twi Needle.”

“Yeah, whatever.”

Driller salutes with one spear, and points the other at the skeletons. From it erupts many green stingers that fly at the enemy. After a few seconds of continual fire, the skeletons fall over. They glitch out for a second and change into humans.

Missingno puffs out his chest. “This tower will be easier than I-”

Before he can finish his thought, purple orbs of light fall from above. They land on the humans, and they turn into skeletons again.

“... You were saying.”

“There is no time to talk about that!”

Cassandra smiles and points at him. “There is always time to talk about your rash assumptions.”

He points back. “Ooo, payback for the naming thing earlier? Nice.”

“Yeah.” Her face becomes sullen. “But seriously, we should go.”

The skeletons stand up and resume running.

“Right.” They head for the stairs along the wall. The skeletons follow after them, but stop at the first step.

Cassandra wipes her brow as they climb. “I’m glad that’s over with, but are all the levels going to be like that?”

“Nah. The first level just had random people, and they weren’t supposed to be possessed like on the other levels. From here on, the problem is the maze of gravestones. It can be annoying at times.”

“Alright, but will you hurry up?” Cassandra struggles to pull Missingno up the stairs with her.

Missingno takes each step with a groan. “Stairs. Why’d it have to be stairs?”

Cassandra gives up, and runs to the top of the staircase and into a large room like the first. The only thing around is a single skeleton standing by the opposite stairs.

“Uuuh, what maze?”

Missingno trudges up. “Weird, I could have sworn there were-Oh my gosh, there’s a skeleton!”

“Uh, yeah. Did you already forget the five we met on the first level?”

“We’re already on the second level?!”

Cassandra sighs. “Try and keep up, please.”

Missingno used Quick Attack!

In a split second, he flies at the skeleton in a small rotating ball. He hits it and flies back to Cassandra.

“Did I keep up enough?”

(I don't like zombies... but, uh, Sonic's homing attack became Quick Attack. So, that happened.

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

random_encounters_with_missingno__chapter_43_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dagzq96.png

Chapter 43- A Random Tower

Cassandra looks at what she thinks is just a guy with abnormally long hair and sighs again. “I would like to be glad that you defeated the skeleton, but he is still by the stairs.”

“Don’t worry. First the orb thing will fall-”

A purple orb of light falls through the ceiling.

“-then it will turn back-”

As the orb enters the long haired man, it changes into a skeleton again.

“-and as it runs at us-”

It scrambles to get up and run forward at the same time.

“-it runs into my trap.”

As it approaches, it trips over a wire. Before it hits the ground, a ball of yarn wraps around it and sends it flying at a patch of super glue along the wall.

“... When did you set that up?”

Missingno shrugs. “I don’t even remember the first floor. You think I remember setting up an overly complex trap like that?”

Cassandra rolls her eyes and walks towards the stairs. As they pass by, the skeleton struggles to get free. Cassandra ignores it, and pulls out a trail mix bar as they start to climb again.

“Hey, Cassandra. You don’t seem to be phased by any of this.”

“Yeah, because I live with a nightmare even worse than anything here.”

“Really? What is that?”

She looks back at Missingno, lying down and trying to pull himself up the stairs.

When they finally reach the stairs, they find another large room with three skeletons wandering around.

With each movement, he arks through the air.

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “Wait, did I just see you move four times? What was the other one for?”

“...” He slowly slips an Escape Rope behind his back. “... No reason.”

She rolls her eyes as she walks past the regenerating skeletons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Man, what a haul!” Missingno holds up a collection of bottles, candy, and a Nugget.

“You are going to share those this time, right?”

Missingno stares at her as he splashes the contents of one of the bottles onto Driller.

“That was the HP UP, right?”

Missingno stares at her as he splashes the contents of another bottle onto Driller.

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “Wait, what was that first thing?”

“An Elixer to recharge his PP. Driller has been using a lot of attacks on the last few levels.”

“That’s because you keep complaining about how tired you are.”

“That’s true. I’m just surprised how long it took us to figure this out.” Missingno points back at the skeletons wrapped up in sticky string.

It’s weird to think that String Shot can actually be this useful in real life. And even weirder that a bee can still create it.

“Well, he does have spears for hands. Common sense is different here.”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “What now? Should we head back for the night? We don’t even know how many more levels there are.”

Missingno walks over to the windows.

“Wait! When did those show up?!”

“It is hard to tell from the inside, but you can see they exist from the outside. More importantly, the zombies are still loose.” He looks back at her and smiles. “Besides, this is the second to last level.”

“Really? Then let’s go!” She rushes for the stairs.

Before she reaches them, a semi-transparent creature appears in her way. It glares at her through the bone mask it wears, and she backs off as it swings a bone club at her with one hand. The club continues on and breaks one of the steps.

Missingno stares at the broken step. “Wow, not only is this mother Marowak one of the only Pokemon to be given an actual gender, and is the only Pokemon to come back as a ghost, but she also can affect physical things even in this state. That is some serious anger right there.”

And that’s not even us messing with anything. 100% game canon right there.

He looks back at the Marowak spirit, which glares at him.

“At least it is only half as tall as us. Any bigger, and it would be-”

The Marowak spirit starts to grow. She reaches 15 feet before it stops, but even then, her club continues to grow.

… Ok, that isn’t canon. That’s our creativity.

“Uh, Missingno. I know you like to play around, but can you not make the enemy ridiculously huge this time?”

“First, I want it stated that the huge enemies is a bit that is done only (for the most part) in caves. Also, that wasn’t me. She is a spirit, so she has no physical body to determine her size.”

“Okay, then you can take care of this.” Cassandra steps out of the way as the spirit brings the gigantic club down on Missingno.

The Marowak spirit’s eyes widen as her attack is repelled. Missingno grins, wielding a large green leek.

“These won’t become Bone Club and Stick until next gen, but I figured that to fight this craziness-”

Please don’t say it.

“-I would need something just as Farfetch’d.”

You are horrible.

(Ain't no tower high enough. Ain't no skeleton boney enough. Ain't no Marowak mad enough. To keep me from killing you, babe.

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

untitled_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dahar94.jpg

Chapter 44- A Random Eye

As the giant Marowak spirit and Missingno cross… ‘weapons’, Cassandra and Driller sneak around to the stairs. She jumps the broken one as they head for the top floor.

On the top level is a long, dark hallway. Traveling along the floor, she sees a purple gas that dissipates just before the stairs. She hesitates, but walks through it anyways. The passageway becomes wider, and as she grows used to the low light, a terrible scene is ready to open before her eyes.

The first thing she sees is a sign. ‘Warning: Flammable Gas- No Smoking!... Actually, you shouldn’t smoke anyways. It’s bad for you.’

She raises an eyebrow at the sign, but doesn’t spend too much time on it. Movement beyond it catches her eye. She can now see pretty well, and the three skeletons standing around in the gas makes her flinch.

“Twi Needle!!!”

Driller shoots the creatures, which turns them into two guys with a large R on their shirts, and an old man. They start to fall backwards, but purple orbs enter their backs, and they turn into skeletons.

Cassandra calms herself. “String Shot!” She smiles as Driller ties them up and dangles them from the ceiling.

Her smile fades as she hears a cackle from the other end of the hall.

“Kakakakaka! Consider me impressed!”

Still hard to see, she looks towards the sound. Sitting at the end of the hallway is a skeleton, although this one is very different from the rest. It wears a crown, and only has one large eye with a slightly deformed pupil. The purple gas covering the floor seems to build up in its rib cage, and fall out of its mouth. It is sitting on a huge throne that looks like a mass of gravestones mashed together in a bulking, asymmetrical mass. Small purple orbs of light fly around the throne, and especially around the skeleton’s hands.

“Twi Needle!”

Driller tries to raise his spear hands, but they stay at his side. His wings also stop working, and he falls into the gas, struggling to move.

Cassandra quickly pulls out her hammer and throws it at the new skeleton. It flies directly at the creature, but bounces off harmlessly. “W-Who...?” She manages to force out a word before she falls to her knees. She looks at her trembling arm and tries to say something, but finds it even hard to breath.

“Kakakaka! You can call me the Tower King.” It stands from the throne and walks towards Cassandra, its teeth chattering with each laugh. It stoops down to her and stares at her with its one large eye. “I always thought that the purple gas was too obvious, but to think that someone would be stupid enough to enter.”

Now that it is closer, she notices two things. The first is that this skeleton is completely blue. The other is the pupil, which looks like a round ghost with a tail and small hands. Similar to a Haunter but very different, the image seems to look at her with blank eyes of its own.

The skeleton’s cackle echoes through the empty hall. “I don’t know how, but I combined with my Koffing, so I can emit all the poisonous gas I want. I also can do this.” It reaches to grab her face.

As it gets mere inches away, time seems to slow down for Cassandra. The cackling grows faint as her heartbeat drums in her ear. Every instinct yells to run, but her body can’t even respond enough to turn her head away. As the hand gets even closer, she notices every small groove and nick in the bones, and she wonders if this will be the last thing she will ever see.

“HEEEEEEEY~YOOOOO!!!!!!!”

Cassandra hears Missingno’s sporadic yell behind her, which causes the Tower King to jump up. It leans back, and the cloud of gas within the rib cage expands, ready to burst out.

And then it flies back. Cassandra looks at the throne, where the Tower King is stuck to the throne of gravestones, a javelin piercing through both. The gas stops spewing from its mouth, and the gas on the floor completely dissipates.

“It hurt when I was stabbed with it, but I’m glad I kept that javelin I got from that Hiker.” Missingno walks into Cassandra field of view, breathing heavily. “We don’t have much time, so we need to leave fast.” He holds up a small spray bottle and sprays her with it.

Her limbs suddenly feel lighter, and she stands up slowly.

“That was the only Antidote I have. You think more people would leave them lying around, but…” He shrugs and points to Driller.

She removes an Antidote from her bag and heals her Pokemon. “You said leave. Don’t we need to finish that thing?” She points to the cackling blue skeleton, still stuck to the throne.

Missingno is breathing even harder. “I don’t have the power right now.”

“But I thought you said-”

“You think you can leave so easily?” The Tower King laughs as purple orbs, one after another, drop out of its hand and through the floor.

“Escape now, explain later.”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow, but follows him.

As they pass the strung up skeletons, he turns back to her. “One of them should have been an old man. Which one was it?”

Cassandra points to the middle one.

“Driller, fix him and drop him at the same time.”

Driller stabs the skeleton and cuts the string at the same time. Missingno catches the bald, old man and turns to leave.

On the floor below, the tied up skeletons struggle against the threads as they their forms and colors shift as more purple orbs fall into and around them. When they see the escaping group, they scream and struggle harder.

“Running all the way down is not safe.”

“Then what do you suggest we do?” She glares at him.

Missingno points to the wall near the stairs. A large circle is missing from it. Next to the hole is the Marowak spirit, back to normal size and shaking in fetal position.

“I needed to move on, so I was forced to use Splash.” He straps an umbrella to the unconscious old man and throws him out. He slowly floats down into town.

Cassandra shakes her head. “And do we have a way down?”

He hands her the hammer she left upstairs. “I’ve got you this time.”

She hesitates, but the screams of the skeletons and the orbs falling to lower levels convince her to make a decision. She grabs the hammer and jumps out the hole.

The hammer opens up, and a parachute pops out. Her descent is slowed, and she looks at Driller, who is struggling to not drop Missingno on their flight down.

‘He had better have a VERY good explanation.’

(Quite a long chapter, but it was needed. If you didn't understand the part about the eye, Missingno will explain it next chapter.

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

untitled_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dahrqbt.jpg

Chapter 45- A Random Rest

Floating down after the old man, Cassandra lands safely in Lavender Town. After the parachute returns into the hammer, she heads over to check on the old man. He is still unconscious, so she sits him up against the Pokecenter. She turns around, and almost runs into a zombie. She jumps back, but it doesn’t move at all. She looks around at the zombies standing completely still, slumped over. When she is sure that the zombies aren’t noticing them, she heads to where Missingno has landed.

When Driller got close enough, he dropped Missingno a foot or two. Missingno landed, creating a shallow crater in the ground. He fell to one knee, and remained in that position until Cassandra approaches.

Cassandra walks up to him as he struggles to his feet. “Are you okay?”

“Fine… ish. How is Mr. Fuji doing?”

“The old man? He is fine, but still knocked out.”

He holds up another small spray bottle. “Also my only Awakening. People need to drop more medicines in random places. Please wake him up.”

She takes the spray and uses it on Mr. Fuji. He slowly wakes up and scratches at his whiting eyebrow, the only hair on his head.

“What is happening? Is the Cubone’s mother all right?”

Missingno places his hand on Mr. Fuji’s shoulder. “... Sure.”

Cassandra glares at him. “Liar.”

Missingno waves her off. “Yeah, yeah. I’ll take care of it sooner or later, though.”

Mr. Fuji smiles warmly. “I must thank you for your kind concern. Follow me to my home, Pokemon House, at the foot of the tower.”

“Thank you.” Missingno helps him to his feet. They follow the old man to his house just a small ways south of the Pokecenter. Inside is a room extremely similar to Grandma’s. Mr. Fuji nods to a young man and pats the head of a little girl as he moves to the Town Map hanging on the back wall. He pulls it back to reveal a hidden storage. From the items inside, he removes a large flute with a Pokeball shape in the middle.

Mr. Fuji turns toward Cassandra and presents the flute to her. “I think this might help your quest.”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “How do you know about what we are doing?”

Missingno takes the flute. “He doesn’t. That is just part of what he is supposed to say.”

“Upon hearing Poke Flute, sleeping Pokemon will spring awake. It works on all sleeping Pokemon.”

“That too.” He rubs his eye as he turns back to Mr. Fuji. “Do you mind if I use your room so I can sleep?”

“Go ahead.”

Missingno moves to the east wall. With a push of a button, a secret door reveals another small room. “This house isn’t as big as Grandma’s, but the size is still wrong. Fortunately, the ceiling is about 10 and a half feet up, which is perfect.”

Inside is a bedroom with a tall ceiling, and 151 different Pokemon dolls lining shelves all along the walls.

“Man, and I thought the PFC Chairman was bad. I’m sure he won’t miss just one.” Missingno reaches for a stuffed Pokemon doll.

“Missingno!” Cassandra glares at him.

He pauses to look back at her. He then resumes to slowly reach for it without breaking eye contact.

“Missingno!”

“Fine. I need to sleep anyways.” He tries to close the door, but Cassandra stops it.

“Explain. Now.”

“Right. I did say I would.” He opens the door again and looks straight at her. “I explained how my power works, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, that's not the whole explanation. You have to put a charge in a battery from someplace else. By being funny, I can convert my internal energy into usable glitching energy. I slowly recharge that internal energy through the day, and even more when I sleep. But never enough to make up for what I lose. And especially not after today.”

Yeah. 13 chapters, 3 glitches taken down, and a LOT of random.

“Not only that, but the Tower King’s pupil apparently combined with an old shadow of mine. The invincible ghosts were all over the place, and he must have absorbed those. So he has a lot of strength, but I’m running on empty.”

“So you need to sleep.”

“Actually, I need more than that. While sleeping, I am going to do something to fully recharge.” He starts to push the door closed. “For the next six hours, the glitches won’t be able to do anything. During that time, you CANNOT enter this room. Do you understand? Not even once.”

“Okay, okay. I got it.”

Missingno yawns again. “Alright. I’ll see you later. Remember, no entering.”

“I got it!”

“Oh, and get some sleep yourself. We finish this tomorrow.” He closes the door, and the wall seals up as if the room was never there to begin with.

Cassandra looks around the room. Now that Mr. Fuji sent the other two home, there is plenty of space. Mr. Fuji moves some bookcases to reveal a hidden kitchen. While he makes up a late dinner for them, and she notices that the adrenaline from the escape is wearing off, and a wave of fatigue starts to hit her. Once the dishes are cleaned and put away, she unrolls a sleeping bag on the floor. She calls Driller to her side, takes one last look at the wall, and falls asleep.

(Alright, the set up is done. Next is the BEAT DOWN.

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

random_encounters_with_missingno__chapter_46_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dai3e50.png

Chapter 46- A Random MISSINGNO

Several loud thumps echo through the house. Cassandra and Driller jolt up and scramble to figure out the origin.

They find the culprits outside the window. A bunch of Pokemon zombies are banging against the house in long, slow arcs. Cassandra smiles as she approaches to look outside. That smile drops as she sees the rest of the zombies.

There are now hundreds of them. They slowly shove at each other as they strive to swarm Mr. Fuji’s house. They haven’t broken through yet, but who knows how long that will take.

Cassandra looks at the button along the east wall. She remembers Missingno’s warning, but the banging continues.

She presses the button to the secret room. “Missingno! You have to-” She runs into the room, but doesn’t get very far before she freezes…

And looks up.

In front of her is… she is not even sure what to call it. It kind of looks like a giant backwards ‘L’ with a strange blocky coloring. It sits on the ground, but it’s only a couple inches short of the tall ceiling.

As a strange cactus throwing mud floats through her vision, she finally notices the events happening in the room. Some things are fuzzing between all sorts of random items, while other item’s shapes are shifting. From mini cows to giant plastic dinosaurs, everything is going crazy.

She notices the floating object, now a mud throwing cactus, heading back in her direction. She holds up a hand to stop it, but notices that it has become solid rock. She lifts her other hand to grab it, but it fuzzes and turns into a duck. It gives a small quack before she-

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!”

Yeah, that.

As she screams, everything in the room stops. All the glitched things slowly return to normal, and the large creature shrinks and changes into a humanoid shape. In a flash of light, it becomes Missingno.

“I told you not to come in here! Are you okay?!” Missingno runs up to check on her.

She grips at her arms. “What was that?”

“I told you, a glitch’s form can hold a lot of power. That… is my real form. But when I’m in that form, I have a hard time controlling what I do and don’t glitch.”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow and looks at him. “Then the ‘you’ right now is…”

“A form that holds my glitch powers back, in exchange for draining a lot of my power.” Missingno stretches his arms. “Anyways, why did you run in?”

Cassandra points out the window at the hoard of zombies.

“Right, let’s take care of that.”

“Are you going to fight all of them?”

“Ha! There’s no way you could call it a fight.” He reaches down to pick up the Poke Flute. “I was holding back a lot, but I still worked a bunch on this baby.”

“Worked? Did you change what it does?”

“Yeah, but it was worthless anyways. They say that it can wake up any Pokemon, but you can’t use it in battle.”

“Oh.”

“So as I said, let’s take care of this.” Missingno throws open the door. Every zombie looks right at him and starts to attack.

As Missingno blows hard into the Poke Flute, the hundreds of Pokemon zombies burst into dust. As the ashes blow away, the spirits of the Pokemon rise away with smiling faces.

“Much better this time.” Missingno waves to a departing Squirtle spirit.

Cassandra walks after him as they head towards the tower. “And no more zombies are going to show up, right?”

“Yeah, the Granite Throne used everything it had to make all those zombies at once, so it is out of power for now.”

“The what?”

“You know… the throne… cause it’s a bunch of gravestones welded together… maybe welded together by Aegon’s Dragonite… a play on Game of… nevermind.” Missingno waves off her confused gaze. “The main point is that glitch won’t be anymore trouble, unlike the other one.”

“Are they two glitches?”

“Yeah, Lavender Town and the Pokemon Tower are two separate points on the Town Map, so they have two different glitches. Although the Tower King somehow dragged it up to be his seat.”

“So the Tower King is still going to be a problem?”

“Just a little.” He points into the tower, where skeletons swarm the first floor. There are many times more now, just like the zombies, and many screams can be heard from the levels above. They bang against an invisible barrier that keeps them from entering the town.

“Can we fight all of them?” She looks at Driller, who just shrugs.

Missingno walks up to the barrier. “I was thinking of using the energy to give you something, but I guess I’ll have to use it instead. Return Driller for me, will you?”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow, but she does it as he starts his plan. He throws the Poke Flute into the tower. As the skeletons follow and swarm it, Missingno picks Cassandra up by supporting under her knees and back. Before she can say anything, he steps inside the Pokemon Tower and a blast of force causes her to close her eyes.

Missingno used ExtremeSpeed!!!!!!!!!

Missingno begins to run faster than the human eye can see. So fast, that a blue sphere of air pressure surrounds them, shattering the skeletons as he runs through them. And not just some of them, Missingno crisscrosses until he has destroyed every single one. Finally, after 0.1 seconds, he moves up the stairs to the next level. He repeats the process with every level, making sure not a single one is left. 0.57 seconds after starting, Missingno destroys the skeletons on the sixth floor and stops near the stairs, where Cassandra is finally able to open her eyes again.

“W-what was that?”

Missingno lets her down. “You’ll… understand when we get to gen 2.” He ignores her confused gaze and moves on. “Sorry it took so long. I wanted to make sure I took care of them all.” Behind him, shards of bone are piled all across the floor. “The possession is much stronger this time, so I guess we’ll just have to take care of the King.” Missingno steps forward dramatically towards the stairs.

And is whacked by the Marowak spirit.

(Gotta go fast! Gotta go faster! Faster faster fasterfasterfaster Missingno X!

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

untitled_by_otakudragon_redwolf-daijwdw.jpg

Chapter 47- A Random BEAT DOWN!!!!!

“I think we have to take care of this first.” Cassandra takes a step back as the Marowak spirit brandishes her weapon for another fight.

“No problem. There is actually a glitch that allows you to move on by using a Poke Doll. You run from the fight, but the game can’t tell the difference between that and winning.” Missingno lobs an object at the spirit.

She catches it while glaring at him. She looks at what she caught, and her gaze softens. It is a Cubone doll, smiling at her. She drops her bone club and hugs it tightly. Tears flow down her face as she cries out.

Missingno kneels down and places a hand on her head. “I know that losing someone can be painful, but your son does not want you to beat yourself up for this. Take it from me.” He smiles. “He wants you to be happy.”

The Marowak spirit floats up, fading away even more. It gives a small wave as it moves on to the afterlife.

Missingno jumps up. “Wait! I never got that Poke Doll back! Mr. Fuji is going to be so mad…”

“Did you steal that from Mr. Fuji?”

“No… I just procured it through sneaky and unseen movements.”

“Still a definition of ‘steal’.”

“Onward!” Missingno points as he heads up the stairs.

Cassandra shakes her head as she follows a few steps behind him. “What was that back there, anyways?”

“Made a lot more sense than attacking her until she moved on for some reason. Plus, she deserved to leave happily.”

“No, not that. Even though that was really nice, I’m talking about before that.”

“Oh, ExtremeSpeed?... You’ll understand it next gen.” He waves her off as they continue to climb. They soon reach the top of the stairs, where the gas is covering the floor again.

Cassandra grabs Missingno’s arm. “Th… that’s poisonous gas, right?”

He puts a hand on her shaking shoulder. “Don’t worry. I’ll take care of this.” He laughs. “And he combined with his Koffing, remember? Despite being completely filled with the stuff, it can’t learn the move Poison Gas. Even though Drowzee and Hypno can.”

He turns toward the dark hallway and walks a small ways through the gas. “Time to put a little more light on this situation.” He sets up a rigid Missingno nearby. He presses the button on the new Missingno’s forehead, flooding the area with light.

At the end of the hallway, the Tower King sits on his throne, although the seat has cracks all over it. The King cackles as it twirls the javelin between its blue, bone fingers. “Interesting way to counteract my troops.”

Missingno glares at him. “You accidentally said ‘troops’ instead of ‘slaves’.”

The Tower King throws the javelin into the ground, a small ways off. It gets up and meets his glare with its large eye. The ghost pupil grows larger as its jawbone shifts to the side. “You want to fight!? Fine! I’ll destroy you!” It walks quickly across the floor, gas still spilling from his mouth.

Missingno scoffs. “The word ‘fight’ would imply that you have some sort of chance.” He slowly approaches to meet the Tower King. The two stare at each other for a short while, Missingno smiling and the King grinding its teeth back and forth.

Enemy Tower King used Smog!

The Tower King leans back, and its ribs expand. A cloud of gas forms within the rib cage, ready to burst out. It rocks forward, a massive amount of gas erupting from its mouth. The stream completely covers Missingno, dividing him from the others.

Cassandra jumps back, but the gas hits against another invisible barrier right by the stairs. “Missingno! You can’t lose this fight!”

“Why does everyone keep considering this a fight?” From inside the poison stream, a fist emerges and hits the Tower King in the chest. It slides back a couple feet, but is generally unharmed.

As the gas falls to the floor, Missingno emerges completely fine. “As I said, you don’t have a chance.”

The Tower King cackles. “Very impressive. But just because you can be fine after that, doesn’t mean you have anything you can do against me!”

Missingno smirks. “Wanna bet?”

Missingno used Light Screen!

Cassandra raises an eyebrow as a shining purple barrier appears right in front of her.

The skeleton continues its raspy laughter. “Light Screen is usually most effective when between the two of us. Why did you separate your friend from us? My attacks can’t seem to reach her there, and you don’t have weapons like her.”

“Both of those are true, but my attacks aren’t friendly fire proof. Besides, you are misunderstanding something.” He smiles. “In normal stories, you have to previously talk about something in order to use it. People get confused when someone pulls a gun off a mantle that they didn’t know was there. I find it fun to use that type of writing,-” He leans forward against the nearby sign. “-but with my ability to glitch reality, I can create whatever I want.” He pulls out a box of matches in one hand, and a single match in the other. In one fluid motion, he lights the match and drops it.

The Tower King’s pupil grows as the match reaches the gas all along the floor. The moment it touches, the flame lights the gas, causing a chain reaction. The compacted gas in the King’s chest explodes, throwing it back through the Granite Throne, shattering the chair. The skeleton hits the back wall, and struggles to get up with its heavily damaged bones.

Missingno steps over the remains of the broken throne as they glitch out of existence. He chuckles stiffly as he approaches his foe. “Why is it that whenever we find another old shadow of mine, it ends up scaring Cassandra?”

The Tower King cackles sporadically. “You were right. This was no ‘fight’.”

Missingno raises a sword and glares at the ghost pupil of its eye. “Yeah.” He slashes it down the middle, and after a bout of fuzzing, it disappears. “It was a beat down.”

(The end to the second shadow. Time to move on.

First, my schedule is just not working right now. I have not written in a while, so I have to push back to once a week. So, only on Saturdays, sorry.

Second, I am in need of alpha readers. If you see spelling or grammar errors, that would be helpful, but mostly I need people to tell me when they are bored or confused. I am currently striving to keep 5 chapters ahead, so let me know if you would like to help.

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

random_encounters_with_missingno__chapter_48_by_otakudragon_redwolf-daiun1r.gif

Chapter 48- A Random Timeskip

Missingno sits along a rock wall. “Just to let the readers know, after everything returned to normal in the Pokemon Tower, we checked in on Mr. Fuji. He made us some breakfast with his secret kitchen, and let us sleep at his place again. Sometime around noon, we finally parted with him and made our way into Route 8.”

What is with the recap?

“The chapters have been a little too long recently, and the plan for future chapters means that we need to cut back a little on the travel coverage.”

Isn’t this being written a couple weeks before other chapters are posted? Can’t you just edit previous chapters to cut some things?

“Noooooooo! I like the way it is! I don’t want to change anything!”

You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Missingno pulls out a cake. He takes a huge bite out of it, and it proceeds to grow back to its original shape. “Ha!”

Cassandra walks up. “I checked, but this guard to Saffron City won’t let us through either.”

Missingno throws the cake over his shoulder and shrugs. “That’s the plot.” He tucks Driller under his arm and heads north, towards the small shack.

Cassandra snatches her Pokemon back. “I don’t think so.”

“We have to go through the Underground Tunnel to get to Celadon City.”

That is fine. You don’t need to drag my Pokemon through whatever craziness you have planned in that place.”

“Fine. No craziness. I’ll just take us there.”

Cassandra backs up. “If you want to fly there, you can do that yourself. I’ll catch up.”

Missingno scoffs. “I wouldn’t use that again. We just have to wait for him to get back.” He holds out his arms and steps toward them.

Cassandra takes a few steps back. “I said, don’t-”

As she steps back again, she bumps into another Missingno. This one wraps his arms around her and Driller.

“SUPER AWESOME TELEPORT POWERS, ACTIVATE!”

Missingno used Teleport.

The three of them spin as they shoot straight up. When they reach a height well above the Saffron City skyscrapers, they float to the city just past it. They then spin as they fall straight down to land right in front of the Pokecenter.

When Missingno lets go of them, they stumble around.

“Wha- what was that?” She grabs her head to try to stabilize her vision. “How was that a ‘teleport’?”

“That is a good question. The answer to that is- Hey, look! The theatre!” He points to a large building in the middle of the street. The sign above it displays the upcoming musical.

Random People Running and Screaming’.

“Didn’t you talk about that a couple of days ag-” She turns back to Missingno, who is now in a suit and top hat. He holds a cane as he puts a monocle in his eye.

He speaks in a fancy accent. “Hello, my good chap. Great weather we have here. Then again, Kanto never has any real weather anyways. Here, son.” He places a Nugget in a nearby man’s shirt pocket. “Buy yourself something nice.”

“Wait, is that my Nugget?”

He looks to the right. “... No…. Hello, my name is Missingno.”

Cassandra smacks away his outstretched hand. “I know who you are.”

Missingno fixes his suit. “Come, chaps. Onto the-”

The theatre’s doors burst open as a crowd of random people run out, screaming.

“Whoa, chaps. Save it for the pref-”

The theatre blows up.

“What in chaps is-”

A couple of Team Rocket Launcher grunts run from the scene.

“... Ya’ll gonna die!” Missingno runs south and into the Game Corner.

Cassandra stands back near the Pokecenter, confused on everything. She looks at Driller, but he just shrugs.

She makes her way into the gambling center, where several machines in the back have been ripped out. A hole in the wall reveals a stairway down. A nearby Team Rocket Launcher grunt stands at a poster nearby.

“I could have opened it if he asked…”

Cassandra heads down the stairs and into the hideout. Waiting for her is half a dozen Team Rocket Launcher members.

One smirks. “Where do you think you’re going?”

Another gives a hearty laugh. “Boss was right to place guards at the front entrance.”

Another pulls out some Pokeballs. “And to tell us to not let intruders pass by even if we don’t have eye contact.”

They each send out a full set of Raticates and Golbats.

Cassandra and Driller raise their hands.

The gang members lead the duo down the elevator, and into a large room. There are machines along the back, and a large desk in the middle.

“Uh, is your boss supposed to be here?” She turns around, but the members are gone. Instead, she sees Missingno briefly as he slips out of the room. She walks out of the room to see him head up an emergency staircase. She looks at the staircase, then at Driller, then back at the staircase.

Then she takes the elevator.

When she reaches the top level of the underground hideout, she sees Missingno again, rounding another corner. She walks quickly to catch up to him, but only catches a glimpse of him as he heads back up to the Game Corner. They keep doing this, as Cassandra and Driller follow him outside and around corners, until they see him slip into a hotel in the southeast corner of the city.

Cassandra opens the door to a hotel full of Team Rocket Launcher members. They turn to face them.

“Um… I’m gonna go.” She steps back into a couple of Rocket Launcher guards. “You guys aren’t going to fly me through the air and take me on a ridiculous journey, are you?”

“... No?”

She sighs. “Thank goodness.” She follows the guards into the hotel.

Missingno waves. “Hi Cassandra!”

“... Missingno. Why are you wearing a Team Rocket Launcher uniform?”

He shrugs. “Cause can. They're starting me out as a grunt, but if I prove myself, it won’t be long before I’m a full-fledged member!”

A Team Rocket Launcher member approaches him. “Boss will see you now.”

Missingno pushes past him as he kneels before a computer. “Boss, I have something for you.”

A Porygon shows up on the monitor and looks down at him. A mechanical voice comes from the speakers. “Thank you, new recruit.”

(I don't think Missingno knows what the word 'chaps' means... But how will Cassandra handle Missingno's betrayal?! Find out next time!

First, my schedule is just not working right now. I have not written in a while, so I have to push back to once a week. So, only on Saturdays, sorry.

Second, I am in need of alpha readers. If you see spelling or grammar errors, that would be helpful, but mostly I need people to tell me when they are bored or confused. I am currently striving to keep 5 chapters ahead, so let me know if you would like to help.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

untitled_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dajmgzz.png

Chapter 49- A Random Betrayal

The Porygon on the screen looks down at Missingno. “Present your offering.”

Missingno holds up Cassandra’s side bag. “Look, it’s… pretty cool. It’s got… some Antidotes.” He pulls out some spray bottles. “There’s uh… like, 7 more in here. Wait! I want to see which one Cassandra is going to comment on first.”

Cassandra looks at her bag, then to where her bag used to be, then at the computer screen. She leers at Missingno. “I’m still on the fact that you joined these guys.”

The Porygon scoffs. “I gave him an offer he couldn’t refuse.”

“It sent out an Ekans.”

Cassandra continues to leer. “Still not an offer.”

Missingno grins. “And it used Conversion. So I became converted.”

I don’t think that is how that move works.

The Porygon coughs. “New recruit, do you think this is enough to rise in rank?”

“Oh, come on! I stole Cassandra’s bag.”

“I don’t care about it.”

“Well, I robbed that one place.”

“You robbed the Game Corner.”

“I even tied up Driller.”

Cassandra looks over at her Pokemon, who is tied up in a yarn ball.

“Now all we need is a cat. Or, like… actually, I don’t think there is a joke to play off of that. Maybe a strange dog that grew up around a bunch of cats?”

You’re slipping.

“Hey! You try doing this for 49 whole chapters!”

“Despite the weird talking to yourself, you have shown some real promise. Fine, by the power vested in me, by me and this voice program that allows me to talk, I make you a Rocket Launcher member. Now you can enjoy the perks that come with it. Besides being able to visit the beach resort we have, we also have the RL store, where I have decreed any Pokemon can be bought if you have enough money. Even other member’s Pokemon. Although, most of these idiots still choose Rattatas and Zubats for some reason.”

Missingno runs past the computer and up to the counter. He smiles at the woman in charge of the list as he scrolls through the available targets. “Cool, you have every single Pokemon here for sale.”

The Porygon shrugs. “Yeah, the legendaries aren’t the real ones. I found some cheat codes online.”

“I know exactly which Pokemon I want to buy.” He points at the computer. “I want to buy that Porygon.”

The Porygon looks around the room. “WHAT?! You can’t buy me!”

The woman behind the desk addresses him. “Boss, you did say any Pokemon.”

“Well, in that case, I cost 2,550,000 Pokedollars. Do you have the money for that?!”

Missingno pulls out a handful of Antidotes from Cassandra’s bag. “We don’t really need these. I’ll just toss them.” He throws them over his shoulder. He then turns it over and shakes it. From the sparkling portal, 510 Nuggets tumble out. “Do you take payment in Nuggets?”

The woman looks at the pile. “How many is this?”

“Didn’t you just see what it said… right, you can’t read descriptions. Five hundred and ten.”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “Where did you get all those?!”

“Well, it plays off an old trick that starts when you meet me. Your sixth Item is increased by 128 duplicates. You bought those Potions and Antidotes, I put in some Revives, and then you picked up that Helix Fossil. You had that TM, which I replaced with the Max Revive, and then the Nugget made six. The glitch only works if you have 127 copies or less, so I had to get rid of two. I threw one to the Werechamps, then I took another one out and tricked you into thinking it was one that was tossed. And after I gave another to some guy, I could introduce myself again and add another 128.”

The Porygon laughs dryly. “That’s only 255.”

“And that is where it got dangerous. When you toss all the copies of an Item before the set of 255, the game gets confused, and creates a second copy of 255. But then the last Item in your bag becomes the new Cancel button. So I had to make sure the last item was something insignificant. Like an Escape Rope.”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “Wait, I’m still confused. I’m still stuck on some part about adding 128 copies, is that what you said?”

He sighs. “Nevermind.”

The woman behind the counter smiles at him. “I’m sorry. Nuggets are only transferable if you have a RL store gift card to transfer the points to.”

The Porygon does a flip on the screen. “HA! Take that!”

Missingno holds up the card he got on the Nugget Bridge.

“Alright, sir. The Porygon is all yours.” The woman hands him a Pokeball.

Missingno looks at the Pokemon. “I’m going to name you Bye. Return! Bye!”

A red beam shoots into the computer, pulling the Porygon into the ball prison. Despite being separated, the computer still talks for it.

“Really? Bye? That’s my nickname?! I am a creature that found its way through cyberspace to the Team Rocket homepage. I changed the name of this organization, and switched the leader to myself. I set up better defences for our base here and our operation in Mt. Moon. I couldn’t contact our people in the Pokemon Tower, but I have changed the rest of this organization into a wonder. Unlike the last leader, I stay in this hotel in order to not be associated with it in case of a police raid. I have done all that, and you think you can control me?!”

“Nah, I’m just gonna put you into the PC and release you.”

“Ha! By the time you take me all the way to the Pokecenter, I’ll have hacked this Pokeball and gained my freedom!”

Missingno walks over to the east wall of the hotel. Halfway down the wall, he stands facing towards the counter. He pushes the air like he would a button.

Missingno turned on the PC.

“What?!” At the small ding of the PC turning on, both the Porygon and Cassandra jump.

“Yeah, this hotel uses the Pokecenter map. And while they took the sprite out, they forgot to unprogram the PC feature here, so there is an invisible one you can activate.”

Missingno enters Bill’s PC and deposits Bye. He then moves to the release feature and selects the glitched Pokemon.

Bye was released outside. Bye, Bye!

“It was a good Bye.”

Enough with the puns.

(Wow, a LOT of glitches used in this chapter. Hopefully they all made sense. And yes, they are all real. I find the Invisible PC glitch to be one of my favorites in gen 1.

I am currently in need of alpha readers. I am currently striving to keep 5 chapters ahead, so you would get to read ahead of everyone else. In exchange, if you see spelling or grammar errors, that would be helpful, but mostly I need people to tell me when they are bored or confused. Then I know that I am writing too much/little. So PM me if you would like to help.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

random_encounters_with_missingno__chapter_50_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dakex34.jpg

Chapter 50- A Random Plot Piece

Cassandra looks around the hotel. The Team Rocket Launcher members seem confused as they leave. As they pass by, she notices that their shirts only have a large R on them now. After they have all gone, she walks up to Missingno.

And smacks him upside the head.

“What was that for?”

“For tricking us into thinking that you joined the bad guys.”

Missingno laughs. “There is no way I would actually do that. It’s a lot more fun to mess around alongside you guys.”

“You mean it’s more fun to mess with us.”

“That too. Let’s grab Driller and go.” He spins, switching out of the gang uniform and back to his normal get-up. He looks at where they left Driller.

He is still stuck in the yarn ball, and a cream colored cat Pokemon is swatting it around.

Missingno smacks the Meowth with a broom. “Bad kitty! Get out of here!”

It hisses, but runs as he smack the broom down again.

Cassandra looks at the complex weaves that trap him. “How are we going to do this?”

He shrugs. “Just have him use Twi Needle.”

A set of large, green spears tear through the yarn ball. A few more times, and the yarn is loose enough to unwrap him.

After he is free, he flies up and down, jabbing with his spears.

Missingno smiles. “Looks like you are raring to fight someone. Too bad we have to move on.” He grabs Driller and Cassandra and starts dragging them toward the western edge of the city. “Lots of places to go, lots of cheese to eat.”

Cassandra gets out of his grip. “Missingno! Me and Driller are still pretty exhausted from last night!” She crosses her arms. “Besides, I thought after then, we would take things a little slower. Maybe only a few glitches each day.”

“I would love to, but we are already really behind the glitch that is effecting everything, so we need to pick up the pace before anything bad happens.” He holds up a large wheel of provolone. “Man, I really like cheese.”

“WAIT A SECOND!” Cassandra holds up a hand. “WHAT WAS THAT?!?!?!?!”

“I was just saying how much I like cheese, no need to-”

“Before that!”

“Uh… I said ‘lots of places to go, lots of cheese to’-”

“Between the cheese statements.”

“Uhhhhhh… The part about catching up to the glitch behind everything?”

“YES!”

“Did I not tell you about that?”

“NO! Are you saying that there is another big glitch out there?!”

“Of course. Glitches can appear from time to time, but there is no way this many randomly popped up. Especially with how strong they are. There has to be something else that is traveling around, glitching everything in it’s path.”

“Wow. What is it? This big glitch?”

Missingno shrugs. “Not a clue.”

“Do you know where it is?”

“Nope. Unfortunately, someone forgot to give me the ability to track down glitches.”

The writer says that the plot works better like this, so suck it up.

“The only reason I figured out where the Pokemon Tower glitch was because I could feel the presence of the form of my old shadow.”

Cassandra rubs her temples. “Ok, I understand the situation better now, but we can’t just rush this. We can’t just fight one glitch after another. You need to relax more.”

“HOW CAN I RELAX WHEN PEOPLE COULD BE IN DANGER?!” Missingno breathes heavily.

Cassandra waits for him to calm down. “Look, I get it. And I was fine with you running around at full speed, but the incident at the Pokemon Tower showed me something. You aren’t invincible.”

He throws his hands in the air. “But I’m giving it 110 percent!”

“Which isn’t good all the time.” She folds her arms. “I was once part of a sports team. I wanted to give it my all, just like you are now. I thought that the intense practices wasn’t enough for me, and I began to do my own practice all the time. I pushed myself beyond my limits, and ended up wrecking my ankle. I couldn’t participate in games, and had to just sit on the sidelines. It was there that I realized that I couldn’t be of any help if I couldn’t keep myself in good condition. 110 percent is great in the heat of the battle, but you need to learn to slow down and relax at times.”

Missingno scratches the back of his neck. “I… I think I see what you are saying. But still!”

She sighs. “Let’s just take it one step at a time. We’re going to the Department Store if you want to join us. At the end of the day, if you still feel the same way, we can talk it out again.”

Missingno looks away in a huff. He looks around at the clouds, the buildings, the pond. He tries to ignore them, but their stares eventually bring his focus back. Cassandra’s and Driller’s gazes pierce through him, causing him to look away again. He shifts his weight back and forth, but his expressions softens. “... Fine. But I doubt my mind will be changed!”

“That’s fine.” Cassandra and Driller head off towards the towering building in the northeast part of the city.

Do you want me to do another timeskip?

“No. I rushed a lot of things recently, I think I’m gonna just go with it for now. I’ll let you know if I change my mind.”

He runs to catch up with the others. As they walk, Missingno takes a good look around. The store isn’t very far away, but there is plenty to see in that short time.

Celadon City truly is worthy of being called a ‘city’. The large buildings that lumber over everything, the many people that wander the streets. Pidgeys roost overhead, while Meowths slink around in alleys.

As they get close to the giant store, a breeze blows through the city. Many people, Cassandra included, grab at their hats to keep them in place. Missingno shivers, and is about to yell at the wind, but stops himself. Instead, he closes his eyes and just lets the wind flow through him.

“Missingno, are you coming or what?” Cassandra calls to him as she enters the store.

Missingno gives a half smile as he follows suit.

(Yup, we'll see how Missingno feels about all this. Next chapter is in the Department store, and I have SOOOO much to say about that.

I am currently in need of alpha readers. I am currently striving to keep 5 chapters ahead, so you would get to read ahead of everyone else. In exchange, if you see spelling or grammar errors, that would be helpful, but mostly I need people to tell me when they are bored or confused. Then I know that I am writing too much/little. So PM me if you would like to help.

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

random_encounters_with_missingno__chapter_51_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dal7iin.png

Chapter 51- A Random Store

Cassandra looks over the board by the receptionist. “I think I want to visit all the floors. Where are you going, Missingno?”

She turns to find a crowd of Missingnos standing in the lobby.

“Ha! You are going to visit each floor, but we are going to invade each floor! Onward, men!” The crowd cheers as they storm up the stairs.

“Sounds like you are in a much better mood than earlier.”

“That’s because I put all my grumpiness in that guy.” He points to the corner, where a Missingno with a furrowed brow is muttering to himself.

“Whatever, I’m going to head up.” Cassandra heads up the stairs to the second floor.

When she gets there, a bunch of Missingnos are scouring the racks of Items.

“They have plenty of Great Balls, but no Pokeballs!”

“How can that be?”

“I say we start a riot!”

“YEAH!!!!!”

“Hey, guys. Look at this shiny disk.”

The other Missingnos drop everything as they become entranced by the TM. “What attack is it?”

“I don’t know, it just says ‘TM 02’.” One of them closely examines it. Emerging from the disk, strips of wind scratch his face. “... I think it’s Double Team.”

Cassandra watches in silence before heading up to the next floor. There, she sees a Missingno talk to a man over the counter.

The man holds up a disk. “Oh, hi! I just finished Pokemon! Not done yet? This might be useful!”

“Thanks!” The Missingno grabs and rips up a piece of the counter. He turns to the others. “Look! I got TM 18!”

Another one walks up to him. “Let’s see what it does.” He lightly punches the first Missingno in the arm.

And the Missingno hits him across the face with the Counter. He looks at the Missingno, laying motionless on the floor. “... I think it’s Double Team.”

Cassandra shakes her head and decides to head up again.

“Wait! I haven’t even mentioned how everyone is playing Pokemon IN the Pokemon world! What is with that?!”

Cassandra ignores the wailing Missingno as she heads up. She reaches the top of the stairs as another Missingno is listening to someone brag about their relationship with their girlfriend.

“And then I decided to get a Poke Doll for her!”

The Missingno raises an eyebrow. “Poke Dolls are distractions so that you can run away. Is that what you are trying to do?!”

Cassandra pushes past several other Missingnos as she heads for the stairs.

She looks back at them. “You’re not going to try and stop me?”

One shrugs. “That was the only joke for this floor. You should go to the next floor, though. We have this awesome joke about steroids.”

The one next to him smacks him upside the head. “Don’t spoil the jokes!”

“At least I didn’t talk about how we would ask for steroids, and the guy would say that he only has medicines to make Pokemon stronger and faster, and then we would say ‘Yeah, that’s what I said’.”

The Missingno smacks him again. “Shut up already!”

Cassandra sighs as she pushes past them and heads for the elevator.

She pushes through the Missingnos crowded in the elevator. She looks for the button to go up. “Um, can I get to the rooftop from here?”

A Missingno laughs. “Technically, no. But when haven’t I been able to do something?” He punches through the buttons. The elevator lurches upwards.

When it reaches the rooftop, she walks out to find everything around the building is pitch black. “Is it already that late?”

“Not quite, but the map just can’t extend beyond that.” A Missingno rubs his chin. “Although, you can’t Fly off this roof… Could this actually still be part of the inside?!”

As that Missingno examines the black sides, another one runs up to her. He smiles as he holds some disks in her face.

“...” Cassandra glares at him and speaks in monotone. “Gee, Missingno. Whatever could those be?”

“I’m glad you asked. These are three TMs I got from a little girl. I don’t know how much it cost her parents, but that was the best 850 Pokedollars I ever spent. Sucker.”

Another Missingno runs up. “Apparently, she’s a trainer!”

“No way! She’s, like, 6!”

“We are talking about the world where 10 year olds gain all-powerful Pokemon with control over nature, emotions, and the physical world.”

“True.”

Cassandra walks up to one of the Missingnos, who has a broom resting on his shoulder. “Can I borrow that?”

“My broom? If I were to give this to you, you could use this to drive us all away.”

“... I promise I won’t.”

“Oh, in that case.” He hands her the broom.

She takes it and starts hitting the Missingnos with it.

“Run! She tricked us! I totally didn’t see this coming!”

The crowd of Missingnos flail as they run from Cassandra’s swipes.

-----------------------------------------------------

Cassandra flops down on one the beds in the hotel. “I ate SOOOOO many waffles.”

Missingno crosses his arms. “That was MY thing. And you actually DID eat waffles.”

“I’m sorry that I can’t change pancakes into other things.”

“That’s okay. I forgive you.” He squats in the corner. “Good night.”

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “There is a whole other bed, you know.”

“For me?!” He flops onto the bed on the other side of the nightstand, beaming. “Wow, they even have a Beedrill shaped bed for Driller.”

Did you mean a Beedrill sized bed?

“Nah, that wouldn’t be as cool.”

Cassandra sits up and stretches. “So, have you made a decision?”

He shrugs. “I decided that I like waffles.”

“... I’ll take that as a ‘yes’.”

Cassandra turns off the lamp on the nightstand and settles into bed.

(There was so much to make fun of in the Department Store, that I had to spend an entire chapter on that alone.

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

random_encounters_with_missingno__chapter_52_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dalyxnn.png

Chapter 52- A Random Broom

Missingno and Cassandra sit in a diner, waiting for their food in the soft morning light.

Missingno waves his fork in the air. “Wa~ffles! Wa~ffles! Wa~ffles!”

Is that going to be a thing now?

“Ma~ybe! Ma~ybe! Ma-”

“Missingno!” Cassandra slams a hand on the table. “Our waffles are here already, so cut it out. You aren’t going to make that a thing, are you?”

He opens his mouth, but her stare makes him reconsider. He turns to Driller, who is sitting in a high chair. “You’re with me, right?”

Driller looks at him, shrugs, and goes back to eating waffles. Which still consists of him putting his face on it and letting it absorb into his skin.

“Still cool.” He turns back to Cassandra. “So what are we doing today?”

“We still need to beat Eri-”

Missingno jabs a finger at her. “THE SAME THING WE DO EVERY NIGHT! TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!”

“... What?”

“Nevermind. We should really finish eating so we can fight Erika.”

“Driller and I are already done. You still have your giant pile left.” She looks up to the top of the tower of waffles. “How many is that? 30?”

“Ha! More like 50!”

Cassandra stands up. “We’re gonna go. Catch up when you are done.”

“Wait!” Missingno starts stuffing waffles in his pockets. “You didn’t leave a tip!”

“Why would I leave a tip? This place is just something you made.”

He puts his hand on his heart. “Why would you say that?”

She gestures to the workers rushing around. “Probably because you are the waiter, the cook, the bus boy, the dishes guy, even that ‘broom holder’.” A Missingno near the door waves at them as he balances several customer’s brooms.

“Fine. Let’s go.” The original Missingno grabs a broom and pushes Cassandra out the door, into the streets of Celadon City. The building they just left sits next to the hotel. They walk beside a line of trees that travels along the street towards the gym.

Driller flies up and down in small circles

Missingno laughs. “Looks like you are anxious to fight something.” He turns to Cassandra. “I know you don’t want to, but we should go fight Erika.”

She glares at him. “Whatever. Are you just going to leave that thing as is?” She jabs her thumb at the diner.

“Yeah. The diner down the street never seems to be open, and I’m broke after buying all these TMs.” Missingno holds up a large collection of disks. He eats them, swings the broom over his shoulder and points. “Onward!”

Cassandra rolls her eyes as she follows behind Missingno, who is marching down the street. They don’t go far before they reach a scraggly tree blocking the trail towards the gym. Missingno takes a step back and winds up the broom like a golf club. With a powerful swing, a gust of wind lifts the tree out of the ground, roots and all. Missingno whistles as he walks through his opened path.

They make it to the Celadon Gym, where an old man is looking through the window.

Missingno stares at him. “... You are a creepy old man.”

“Thank you.”

“Normal people would run if they were caught doing this.”

“I am not ‘normal people’.”

“That’s for sure! Don’t you think so, Cassan-” He turns around, but she is nowhere to be seen. “Hey, old man. Have you seen my friend?”

“Yeah, she went inside a while ago.”

Missingno bolts into the gym. He spots her along the wall, finishing a battle with a Jr. Trainer Girl.

“MAN! I didn’t get to do my thing…” Missingno’s shoulders slump as he looks at the floor. “It’s been a while, and I was hoping to do it again…”

Cassandra brushes some vines off of Driller. “Is it really that important?”

“To create something that readers will immediately associate with my character? This is even more important than Driller not being hit by Toxic right now!”

She raises an eyebrow. “I got none of that.”

In regards to the second part, if a Pokemon in gen 1 is both badly poisoned and hit with Leech Seed, the Leech Seed increases damage every turn, like with Toxic.

“Hey! I wanted to say that!” He crosses his arms. “Today is not my day.”

Cassandra sighs. “If you really want to, I can’t get past these trees to Erika. You can say it while cutting it down.”

Missingno weakly swings the broom. “Hey-yo…” The wall of trees surrounding the gym leader are cut down with large blades of wind.

“What was that?”

He shrugs weakly. “Peck, maybe? That’s a Flying type attack, right? I needed one of those to beat their Grass type Pokemon.”

“What was that!?” She looks at the line of trainers, and the group of fainted Pokemon at their feet. “Why!?”

“Don’t worry. I left Erika for you.”

“... Thanks.” Cassandra glares as she shoves past him. “Erika! I am Cassandra, possessor of three Gym Badges. I’m here to claim my fourth!”

The elegant woman before them remains kneeling as she greets her guests. “Hello. Lovely weather isn’t it?” She smoothes out the wrinkles of her simple kimono.

Missingno sighs. “We’re here to fight you.”

“It’s so pleasant.” She fixes a strand of hair that is slightly out of place.

“We’re here to fight you.”

“...Oh dear… I must have dozed off.”

“Welcome. My name is Erika. I am the leader of Celadon Gym.”

“We already know that. Also, we’re here to fight you.”

“I teach the art of flower arranging. My Pokemon are of the grass-type.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, I had no idea that you wished to challenge me.”

“Really?! Even if I hadn’t said anything, you think that would have been obvious. What do you think we are doing here? Not to mention, we have been fighting the other trainers for a while now. I’m not sure how you didn’t piece that together!”

Cassandra rubs her temples. “Can I ask why she has a Pokeball floating in front of her?”

Erika holds out her hands, cupped to catch the Pokeball that just hangs there.

“Best you don’t. All the Gym Leaders in this gen have really weird poses. I thought you got over it by Lt. Surge. He was squatting strangely.”

“I think I was distracted by the crazy things he was saying.”

“Yeah, that was weird…”

(Seriously, what is with the gym leaders? Yellow makes them better, but what the what?

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

untitled_by_otakudragon_redwolf-damuswg.png

Chapter 53- A Random Twi Needle

A Beauty kneels down next to Erika and slides forward a board with several Pokeballs on it.

“Thank you very much.” She looks back to her challengers. “I will be using these three Pokemon. Shall we begin?”

“Finally! Go, Driller!” She has her Pokemon Harden six times before it starts, so he is ready to go.

“Fight, Victreebel.” Erika calmly throws a Pokeball around the one floating in the air. From it, a yellow and green spotted Pokemon emerges.

The large, upside down bell shaped Pokemon before them gives out… some sort of… rolling pitch cry… how do I describe it?

“Trying to give an onomatopoeia for Pokemon cries is ridiculously hard. I find it easier to just go with the anime and have them say their name.”

Good idea. So the Pokemon screams its name out as it flaps the long leaves it uses as arms near the base. The mouth at the top of its head salivates as it stares down Driller, and a long vine twitches as it readies the spike at the end of it.

Missingno throws his hands in the air. “Too many descriptions! Move the fight along already!”

The Victreebel strikes at Driller with its spiked vine. He narrowly avoids it, and points a spear at his foe.

Driller used Twi Needle!

One large, green projectile pierces the large Pokemon, sending it to the floor.

It’s super effective!

Enemy Victreebel fainted!

Cassandra stares at the defeated Pokemon. “Wow, that was fast.”

“Well, it is a Grass/Poison type. Bug type moves do four times the damage.”

She turns to face Missingno. “It doubles against Poison types? You would think that Poison would deal double against Bug.”

“It does that too.” He rubs his chin. “The strange happenings of Gen 1. Is there no end? By the way, her Tangela is already attacking.”

Cassandra looks back to the battle, where a ball of blue vines is striking out with one vine after another. Somewhere in the middle of it all, two eyes glare out of the creeping plant. Driller is still managing to dodge each attack, but before he can aim an attack of his own, he has to dodge again.

Cassandra clenches her fists. “This is bad! If it grabs him, we’ll be in a tight spot.”

“Especially since in Gen 1, attacks like Wrap and Bind don’t allow the opponent to attack back while in effect.” Missingno perks up. “Right, Driller just leveled up to 25 and learned Rage.”

“As a sixth attack?”

“Yup.”

“Driller, do it!”

Driller used Rage!

He bursts through a tangle of vines and screeches… buzzes… forget it, it screams its name.

“BEEDRILL!” He flies in to strike at the eyes.

And is captured in a mass of blue vines.

Enemy Tangela used Bind!

“Hey Driller! That Tangela thinks you’re a wimp!”

Driller’s Rage is building!

Enemy’s attack continues!

Driller’s Rage is building!

He isn’t hurt very much each time, but his howling becomes louder and louder. After a few more times, he stabs his way out of the attack. He plows through some more vines, and stabs the foe’s body. It flies back and hits a tree, where it becomes stuck in the dent it made.

It’s super effective!

Enemy Tangela fainted!

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “I know he was really powerful by now, but that seems a little too much.”

“That’s because it was a super effective attack.”

“How is that? Rage is Normal type.”

“Maybe, but Twineedle is Bug type, and that move’s description is that it stabs with a spear. So wouldn’t anything that uses the spears also be Bug type?”

“That… sort of makes sense.”

Erika sends out her last Pokemon. The Flower Pokemon shakes the large red petals on its head, preparing to use-

Driller used Rage!

It’s super effective.

At his attack, the foe flies back and crashes into the Tangela, completely breaking through the tree and into the wall in the back.

Enemy Vileplume fainted!

You crushed Erika!

Cassandra fist pumps as Driller flies up and down in little circles.

Erika remains kneeling, the floating Pokeball still in the same place. “Oh! I concede defeat.You are remarkab-”

“Boring part! Narrator, use that long bar thing that symbolizes a timeskip.”

-----------------------------------------------------

So, are we back to doing this?

Missingno shrugs as he wanders around the outside of the Pokecenter. “Just sometimes. With boring parts like how we get the RainbowBadge and leave to heal up Driller. I mean, there was that part in between where we fought with a bunch of Pinsirs to avoid a nuclear disaster… but no one wants to hear about that.”

I want to hear about that!

“Well, what happened was- Hey! Cassandra’s done.”

Jerk.

Cassandra exits the Pokecenter with Driller in tow. “So, I guess we can move onto the next gym now.” She glares at Missingno. “Are we going to take the normal route, where I can train Beedrill, who is apparently still only level 25, or are you going to do something crazy that will take us directly there?”

Missingno laughs. “I guess we’ll leave our fate to chance.” He pulls out a round, golden Pokedollar coin. “Heads, I use a Rocket Punch. Tails, I gain the power to control all black holes.” He flips the coin into the air.

As it falls, Cassandra snatches it in midair. She pockets the money and walks towards the western exit.

“Wait! That’s cheating!”

(Darn. Looks like the "normal" route it is.

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

random_encounters_with_missingno__chapter_54_by_otakudragon_redwolf-danmgkv.jpg

Chapter 54- A Random Lazy Pokemon… And A Snorlax

Missingno crosses his arms. “Wow! Not cool, man!”

Don’t look at me, I didn’t make the chapter title. Plus, can you really say that when you are laying on a kid’s wagon, with Driller pulling you along.

The wagon squeaks along as Driller struggles to pull him down the small path. Cassandra walks up to him, grabbing her Pokemon back.

“Don’t harass Driller.”

“But I’m la~zy.”

“Then make one of those clones of yourself, and have that pull you.”

Missingno snaps, and a clone pops up.

The clone then fall on its face, rigid. “I’m la~zy.”

Cassandra shrugs. “Guess you’ll just have to put in some effort yourself.”

Missingno struggles to get up. He eventually gets to a kneeling position in the wagon. He grabs the handle, and a motor starts up. He grabs and throws the clone to the side. Pushing the handle, the motor revs as the wagon lurches forward.

He zooms past Cassandra and Driller and farther into Route 16. Cassandra rolls her eyes, and takes her time as she strolls after him. She looks at the vast sky, dotted sparingly with white clouds. She stops momentarily as a family of Rattatas run by, led by a Raticate into the forest.

She smiles as she continues down the path again. It isn’t long before they catch up.

Missingno is still riding around in the wagon, but a large mass is blocking the way. He drives into it, bounces back, and tries again. After watching him repeat the action several times, she smacks him upside the head.

“If it hasn’t worked yet, I don’t think another 40 tries will do much good.” She looks at the large blue mass, and then to the tan that topped it. “What is this?”

“It’s Snorlax. Can’t you tell by the cute look on his face?”

Cassandra looks around the mass. She notices the limbs that lie around lazily. His head is leaned against a tree, breathing peacefully.

“Um… is it asleep?”

“Yes, and the only way to wake it up is to use the Poke Flute.”

“Didn’t you alter that awhile ago?”

“Yes, but the real question is why can’t you fight it like any other wild Pokemon?”

Cassandra looks at the Snorlax, then at Driller. “... Twi Needle?”

Driller continuously shoots green projectiles into the Snorlax’s side.

Wild Snorlax fainted!

After a few seconds, Snorlax is knocked unconscious… which is hard to tell, since his eyes are always closed and his limbs were already limp.

Cassandra looks to Missingno. “So… what now?”

Missingno sits up in the wagon. “I don’t know. The game usually takes care of fainted Pokemon.”

With a big yawn, Snorlax returned to the mountains!

A large mechanical claw descends from above and grabs the Snorlax like in a crane game. It lifts the Pokemon up and out of sight.

Cassandra watches as it leaves, but soon finds that Missingno has already moved on.

And is now trying to drive his wagon through the door. Unsuccessfully.

Cassandra walks up and opens the door for him.

He drives alongside the counter, pausing abruptly when the man behind the counter yells.

“Excuse me! Wait up please!” The uniformed man at the counter holds up his hand.

Missingno returns his glare with a blank stare of his own. Keeping eye contact, he whispers to Cassandra. “He can only focus on one person at a time. Slip by while he’s distracted.”

“Are you sure that’s okay? Don’t we need a bike for this road?”

“Don’t worry about it, what is he gonna do?”

He could arrest you.

“Please. No real officer would be assigned to guard a biking route. He is probably just a mall cop.”

Cassandra coughs loudly. “I did it, what now?”

Missingno pushes the handle forward. As the tires spin wildly in place, he yells, “B!”

He jolts forward before pausing in the air again.

The officer-

“Mall cop.”

… The mall cop yells again. “No pedestrians are allowed on Cycling Road!”

“B!” Missingno’s wheels spin forward again. The wagon moves back toward the mall cop before shooting forward…

And ramming through the wall.

Cassandra sighs, and opens the door to leave. The view outside breathes as the afternoon begins to creep in. Cycling Road is a protected area, and is kept clean throughout the year. The many bikers that hang out on the roadway chat away aimlessly as they wait for trainers to battle. She thinks back to the guard and his determination to keep those without bikes out. She looks down…

And finds herself on a bike.

“What is this?!”

Missingno drives back up to her. “That is what we normal people like to call, ‘a bike’.”

Cassandra glares at him.

“Oh, you mean what is it doing here? If you do the glitch to pass by without a bike, you still get on a bike when you leave the building.”

“So this bike came out of nowhere?”

“Yeah, pretty much.”

Another Missingno slumps over the nearby fence. “I got you this HM. It took a lot of effort to obtain… I had to Cut down, like, one tree.” He limply tosses a jet pack at Driller.

1, 2, and… Poof! Driller forgot Don’tFly! And…

Driller learned ActuallyUseTheWingsItHas!

“... That is way too long.”

Fine.

Driller learned FlyAroundReallyFast!

“Better.”

Cool, now you can go catch Cassandra.

He looks over at Cassandra, who is trying to sneak away towards the trainers on her bike.

“Oh, no you don’t!” He pushes the handle forward, racing after her.

(As the saying goes, "let sleeping Snorlaxs lie... unless they are terrible liars." ... That's it, right?

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

Real life sucks!

All sorts of things are happening right now. The end result? I have not written in quite some time. It's gonna suck for now, but I will ask you all to be patient, wait for things to settle, and then I can start back up again. I have no intention to stop, things are just getting good.

Thanks to everyone supporting me! I hope that I can bring the wonder of Missingno to you some more!

-OtakuDragon-RedWolf

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

A Random Return

untitled_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dbua8nu.gif

Chapter 55- A Random Return

As the purple slime monster begins to raise its giant hand, the protagonists and the spear bee ready themselves to take the blow head on.

But the young man with the grey, spotted hair suddenly dives to the side, and he runs into an invisible wall. “Hey!” He rubs his nose as he complains. “Who led us to complete doom in this dead end?!”

The girl and her pet leer at their traveling companion. “That would be you.”

“Ouch! My Defense definitely lowered from that!” The young man grasps at his heart as he comedically writhes in pain.

She sighs, but the monster’s roar attracts their attention again. It raised the large purple hand above its head, and the attack begins to descend towards them.

The young man shrugs at the other two. “Sorry.”

They prepare for the descending doom, but at the last moment a ninja appears above them. He cries out as the poison sears through his clothes and into his back.

The girl's eyes widen as she yells out his name. “Ko-!”

Waaaaaaaaaait just one second.

Missingno sighs and jumps out of the setting. “What is it this time?”

Don't give me that ‘What's wrong?’ look. What is this?

“Intrigue. Suspense. Climax. I thought you of all disembodied voices would know that.”

Yeah, but the problem is when you are doing it. We start up again after so long, but this part is a lot farther in the future. Can you imagine how many people went to the last chapter, wondering what they were missing?

“-no.” He smiles. “Get it? Cause you said missing, and then i finished the word for you.” Missingno tries to contain his laughter.

First, that was horrible. Second, that was horrible.

“Ha.”

And third, stop skipping parts. Nobody likes stuff out of order!

“What?!” Missing throws down a copy of Into the Wild. “Last time I ever read online book reviews.” He huffs. “Fine, back to the beginning!”

---------------------------------------------------------

Earlier that day, Missingno and Cassandra reach the end of Route 17. Cassandra breathes heavily as she props up herself and her bike. Missingno just laughs.

“Too slow, little girl. I have come out victorious, and you weren't able to fight a single person! Now don't you feel silly!” He laughs from the little red wagon he is sitting in.

His laughter is quickly cut short as she kicks the wagon over.

Cassandra bikes into the building at the end of the Route, and finds herself without a bike anymore. She ignores the guard, who tries to tell her that she can't enter the Route without a bike, and into the city. Waiting for her, leaning against a sign, is Missingno.

He smirks at her, waiting.

She glares at him, and speaks in monotone. “Wow. However did you get here before me?”

“Ha! Joke’s on you! I've been in Pewter City this whole time!”

“This is Fuscia City.” Cassandra points out the sign behind him.

“... Wait, what are we doing here, then?”

She shakes her head, and enters the city.

The city, sitting by the ocean, gives a rural feel that is slowly being clutched by modernization. The zoo seems be creeping further and further into the lives of the villagers. In fact, Cassandra notices very few actual residents, and a lot more visitors wandering about.

After surveying the city, Cassandra notices Driller, who is still flying around the sky with a jetpack. She calls him down, and as he approaches, the jetpack disappears.

“I’ll be honest, I wasn’t the biggest fan at first, but I am loving the jetpack idea. Who came up with that?” Missingno appears at her side in a ninja costume, trying to look intimidating. His head is exposed except for a metal headband, pulling back his grey, speckled hair. His face is twisted into an expression that looks more like he is constipated than angry.

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “What's with the costume?”

“.............”

She sighs. “It was your idea.”

He throws his fists in the air. “Yeah! I'm awesome!”

Cassandra leers at him.

“Ouch! I think you just lowered my Defense!”

She rolls her eyes, and turns to leave. She jumps back as she almost runs into another ninja. This time it is much more intimidating.

“Really, Missingno? Don't scare me like that.” Out of the corner of her eye, she notices that Missingno is standing off to the side, violently shaking his head.

Realizing what is happening, she slowly turns back. The ninja is completely covered except for his eyes, and the outfit is very simplistic. The only interesting part is the long scarf that hangs around his neck.

His voice is low and gruff, and he takes a fighting stance as he pulls out a short blade. “You guys smell like that thing. I don't know what you are, but die!”

The ninja lunges forward, and swings his blade. Cassandra raises her arms to guard herself, but nothing happens. She looks up, and finds the ninja looking at a rock in his hand.

“... Did you just turn my tanto into a rock?”

“Yup!” Missingno smiles as he gives Cassandra a thumbs up.

The ninja jumps back and pulls out throwing knives… Or, at least he tried to, but all he pulls out is a handful of rocks.

This time, his voice is higher and squeaky. “What?! What kind of ninjutsu is this?!”

Wait, is he actually a she?

“Maybe.” The ninja Missingno appears behind the enemy and pulls their mask off.

The ninja immediately sets off a smoke bomb. As he jumps out of the cloud cover, he has already wrapped a scarf into a makeshift mask. “What was that for?!”

As the smoke starts to clear, Missingno coughs and waves the rest away. “That’s my line! All I wanted was to know if you are a girl cleverly disguised as a dude in order to pass off as a strong ninja.”

“I’m not a girl! Why would you think that?!”

Missingno shrugs. “Just a random, anime cliche that seemed highly probable in this situation. It happens a lot. Like, A LOT!”

Right?!

So, I'm back!... Kind of. I'm still pretty busy with my life, hence why I wasn't able to post this on the same day that I stopped last year. I'm going to try to post on Sundays, and see how it goes.

I've been working on my writing and ideas for this story. Hopefully this becomes better than the past. Enjoy!

Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, Creatures inc, and GAME FREAK inc. Missingno is an original spin on the Pokemon owned by them as well.

The Office is owned by NBC.

Last edited:

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

random_encounters_with_missingno_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dbuzhv2.png

Chapter 56- A Random Circus

Missingno flips through a script. “So, if you aren’t a girl, than who are you? And why are you hiding your face? And why isn’t this giving me any answers?!” He throws the script on the ground.

Cause spoilers.

Missingno jabs a finger at the ninja. “Who are you?!”

The ninja puts up his arms to ready a battle stance. “Why do I have to tell you? Shouldn’t you introduce yourself first?”

He starts to fume. “I’m Missingno! That’s Cassandra! Now, WHO ARE YOU?!”

The ninja doesn’t back down. “My name is Koja. That’s all you’re getting.”

Missingno’s breath finally starts to calm down, although his face still wrinkles in irritation. “What? Why? Everyone else has easily given up their whole life story so far.”

Koja’s eyes narrow. “That makes no sense. Why would they?”

“Because we are the protagonists. Because that’s how the rules go…. And I glitched them to do so.”

Cassandra glares at him. “What do you mean? You force everyone to tell you what you want to know?”

“Yes… and no…. More yes than no.”

Then why won’t Koja?

“Wait, even you don’t know? What is going on?”

Maybe he is important to the plot?

“We have one of those!?”

As Missingno continues to converse with the Narrator, Koja slowly lowers his arms. He looks over at Cassandra.

“What is going on?”

“Good question. He often talks into space like that. I’ve never understood.”

“And yet, you still are together?”

“Yeah, he may be crazy, but he can do anything and fix any and all problems, so it is worth listening to him speak nonsense.”

Missingno twists back towards them. “SPEAK nonsense? I AM nonsense!” With a snap, a circus tent materializes around them. As circus music plays, many Missingnos in varying costumes act and dance the stereotypical circus activities.

Koja jumps back into his battle stance. “What is this?!” His gaze darts around.

Cassandra shrugs. “As I said, he can do anything. He has a real habit of showing off, though.” She leers at a Missingno lion tamer, who has a lion chewing on his head.

“Ouch! This is terrible!” He rubs his heart as he whispers. “I think my Defence lowered…”

Koja watches as Missingno sucks the entire circus into his palm, transforming it into a small, red rubber ball.

Koja places his thumb and forefinger on his eyes for a bit, then looks up at Missingno. “Fine. I still don’t trust you all that much, but if you can do anything, then you might be able to help with my problem.” He hesitates, but continues. “I… Koja… son of… Koga... ask for your help. Please.” Koja bows to them.

Cassandra raises an eyebrow. “Problem? What problem?”

“Obviously, whatever glitch turned Koja into Koga’s son.”

“Wait! Koga doesn’t have a son?!”

“A son? No. I worry about you, sometimes.” He laughs.

She glares at him. “Yeah, I’m the one who we need to worry about.”

Koja clears his throat as he tightens the scarf around his head. “So, will you help me?”

Missingno smiles at him. “Of course. Lead the way!”

-------------------------------------------

Koja leads the protagonists to the beautiful gym, built with a back to a rock wall. The shine of the well-kept gym is almost glaring.

...Or, that is how the gym used to be. Now, the front wall has a huge hole in it, and pieces of wood lie all around outside. From the hole, you can see invisible walls twisting around inside from the dirt and debris clinging to them. Purple goop plasters parts of the gym, and stains cover most of the rest. Fortunately, the houses alongside the gym are mostly untouched.

Cassandra stands there, not even blinking. “What happened?!”

Koja shrugs. “When I woke up, I saw a huge purple form moving away before disappearing. I’m guessing that it did this.”

Missingno looks at him. “So, you weren’t Koja when it happened?”

“No, I have memories of being raised as Koga’s son, but that is not who I really am. All I know is that Koga is missing, and no one understands that the gym is destroyed.”

Cassandra perks up. “Then that must be part of the glitch!”

Missingno thinks for a second. “You said that the glitch disappeared suddenly?”

Koja shrugs. “Maybe. My head was hurting from all these sudden memories. It could have just ran away while I was distracted.”

“No.” Missingno grins. “I know exactly where the glitch is.”

“...”

Missingno waits, but Cassandra just leers at him.

“Ouch.”

Koja narrows his eyes. “So… where is it?”

Missingno chuckles. “As I said, I know EXACTLY where it is.” He puts on a pair of sunglasses.

Cassandra sighs. “Wherever is it, Missingno?” She speaks in monotone.

“We are going to the city.” He whips off his glasses.

“Glitch City.”

Glitch City! Home of the... well, random! Be ready for next week!

Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, Creatures inc, and GAME FREAK inc. Missingno is an original spin on the Pokemon owned by them as well.

The Greatest Showman is owned by 20th Century Fox.

OtakuDragon_RedWolf

untitled_by_otakudragon_redwolf-dbvp4b2.png

Chapter 57- A Random City

The landscape all around the characters is distorted. Not in the typical, strange way. No, before them, pieces of houses lay next to patches of grass, which is settled between rocks and random waves of sudden water. There are even places that have numbers instead of ground. The landscape is literally twisted together.

This is Glitch City.

Cassandra threw up her hands. “Where are we?! How did we get here?!”

Missingno gave a smile and a soft chuckle. “Dear, Cassandra. I told you that we are going to Glitch City. And do you really not remember what we were just doing to get here?”

“Of course I remember everything, I was being-Oh no.” She slowly turns to him. “You aren’t going to explain it all again, are you?”

“Of course not!”

She lets out a sigh.

Uh, Missingno? You were to lazy to describe how to do in story style, so no one else knows.

“That’s right! I guess I will explain it!”

Cassandra cries out, but he turns away.

“First, we entered the Safari Zone. We then turned right back out. When asked if we wanted to leave, we said no. After saving, we restarted the game, and left again. This time, the people thought that we were entering. We told them we didn’t want to enter, so they let us out. BUT! The step counter was still working. So we left the city, and went out to Route 14, where we walked the remaining steps until the counter pinged us back. It teleported us as if leaving the Safari Zone, but because we were originally in Route 14, we came here instead!”

Koja narrows his eyes. “Again, who are you talking to?”

Missingno jumps back. “Holy ninja, Batman! When did you show up?”

“I’ve been here the whole time.”

Did you not notice him because he is a ninja?

“Nah, it’s probably because he hasn’t been specifically mentioned yet, so I forgot he existed.”

But you remember that Driller is still around, right?

He turns to the other side, where Driller is floating around.

“Holy Beedrill!” This time he jumps far to the side…

And into an invisible wall.

Cassandra touches the barrier. It is definitely there, but the only thing around is a bit of grass. “Um, is there any point to ever coming here?”

“None whatsoever!” Missingno jumps up. “The one and only thing you can do here is to brag that you have been here! Well, that and…” He runs up to a piece of a building. He jumps into the side, and starts to swim through it like water. “This!”

“So, are we really going to find the glitch in this… mess?”

Koja nods. “This place looks completely unstable.” He walks up to another area, and knocks on another invisible wall. “I’m not even sure how to walk around this place, let alone track something.”

Missingno rubs his chin. “We’ll need some sort of tracking device.” He pulls out a small contraption with dishes and antenna. “Based on my readings, the glitch is that way!”

As he points into the horizon, a screech is heard from the other direction.

“... I mean that way!” He turns around and smiles. “Although I’m pretty sure that my Defence lowered twice just now. I’m getting pretty low.”

Cassandra shakes her head. “Whatever, let’s just make sure we stick together and-”

“Koja left.”

“What?!”

Missingno points to a set of trees. “He found a path and ninja’d his way through.”

I don’t think that is a word.

“You’re not a word!”

… That doesn’t make sense.

“You don’t make sense!”

… I’m gonna move on.

“You’re gonna move on!”

Cassandra smacks him upside the head. “Come on, we have to catch up.” She tries to find a path through the invisible walls.

Missingno crosses his arms and pouts. “Fine.” He walks through a tree. Not breaking it, he just walks though it.

Cassandra hesitates, but finds that she can do the same thing, so it must be the path. She pulls Driller to the other side, where they see Missingno smashed up against part of a roof.

Missingno mumbles against the wall. “This isn’t the path…”

Cassandra rolls her eyes and looks for more breaks in the barrier. She finally finds one, but it is through a patch of water. She tries to see if she can walk around it.

Missingno chuckles. “Cassandra, Cassandra, Cassandra.” He walks out onto the water. “When are you going to learn that nothing here is as it seems. The buildings, that tree, this water, those numbers, that charging Muk monster, the gra…” He turns around towards the huge Muk that is rushing at them. He looks back at her, eyes wide open. “Run!”

The three of them rush back through the tree, past the swimmable building, and down another path. As they run, Missingno pulls ahead to get away…

And smashes into another invisible wall. He tries to go left or right, but the building pieces act as real walls this time.

The giant purple monster catches roars as it closes in. It is obviously a Muk, made of flowing, poisonous goop. It lurches forward, then quickly pulls the rest of its body with it.

As the monster raises its one giant hand, Cassandra and Driller ready themselves to take the blow head on.

Missingno suddenly dives to the other side, and he runs into another invisible wall. “Hey!” He rubs his nose as he complains. “Who led us to complete doom in this dead end?!”

The other two leer at him. “That would be you.”

“Ouch! My Defense definitely lowered from that!” Missingno grasps at his heart as he comedically writhes in pain.

She sighs, but the monster’s roar attacks their attention again. It has raised the hand over its head, and the attack begins to descend towards them.

Missingno shrugs at Cassandra. “Sorry.”

They prepare for the descending doom, but at the last moment a ninja appears above them. He cries out as the poison sears through his clothes and into his back.

The girl's eyes widen as she yells out his name. “Koja!”

Missingno throws down a rubber ball, the circus and its music appears all around them.

When the different Missingnos notice the monster in the tent, everything stops.

And they all panic.

The wonderful, random Glitch City! Time has gone full round, but Koja is still injured! What will they do to defeat this monstrous Muk? Find out next time!