• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random icons and the like.

Shuam

righteous
Well, I've been doing stuff like this for a while, with the graphics etc, but I've finally decided to post a thread because I need to work on some things, but I don't exactly know what, or how. The purpose of this thread is to get some good CC, not to say "Wow, that's good." or something of the sort.

------
Icons
------
Bunny
Polar Bear
Polar Bears.
Tiger
Doduo

------
Banners
------
Snow Leopard1
Snow Leopard2
Snowy River
Puppy.

------
Wallpapers
------
Rise Against - Collapse (Post-Amerika)
(Warning-3MB, original size: 1280x800)

Feel free to use these as you please, just credit me if you do. Detailed CC please.

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
I love how you make your colorings soft. I think you need to work on the placement of things, like text and brushes because it looks out of place, even if you did take a more abstract or conceptual aspect to it, like your "snow" one.
IMO, you sort of killed the coloring on the one with the polar bears because of the dark blue exclusion-y look. It needs to be toned down or fixed with probably soft light, screen or color burn layers. Same thing for the one with the dog. I can understand though that there's a lack of color variety to the point where it's a good idea to do what you did. But maybe a little less.
The wallpaper has nice brushes, but just seems empty. I assume that's how it was intended. All I can say is that you should have given the text a more "worn out" or grainy look to it, so it doesn't look misplaced within the grainyness of the rest of the wallpaper.

Mela

pasbl. newbie
GOOD: I like your creativity like ... you know the right texts to use, the right font size and stuff like that.

I think what you need to do now is to broaden your range, cause it looks like you've used the same techniques in the avatars and things like that, like experiment more with brushes, textures and stuff like that.

Overall very nice.

Shuam

righteous
I love how you make your colorings soft. I think you need to work on the placement of things, like text and brushes because it looks out of place, even if you did take a more abstract or conceptual aspect to it, like your "snow" one.
IMO, you sort of killed the coloring on the one with the polar bears because of the dark blue exclusion-y look. It needs to be toned down or fixed with probably soft light, screen or color burn layers. Same thing for the one with the dog. I can understand though that there's a lack of color variety to the point where it's a good idea to do what you did. But maybe a little less.
The wallpaper has nice brushes, but just seems empty. I assume that's how it was intended. All I can say is that you should have given the text a more "worn out" or grainy look to it, so it doesn't look misplaced within the grainyness of the rest of the wallpaper.
I do need to work on placement of text, and I don't use brushes :O Polar bears one was more of an experimental icon, because I had just gotten PS then, and the dog was also experimental, though I really don't like it. The wallpaper had one brush used throughout the entire thing, and a gradient, and a texture layer. The tnr does look somewhat out of place in that type of image, and I'll probably touch it up a bit. Thanks.

GOOD: I like your creativity like ... you know the right texts to use, the right font size and stuff like that.

I think what you need to do now is to broaden your range, cause it looks like you've used the same techniques in the avatars and things like that, like experiment more with brushes, textures and stuff like that.

Overall very nice.
Thanks, but I really don't use brushes. They're not good for a lot of things, but I do use some textures. Thanks, I guess. Will update later.