• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Legendary Pokemon Moments

If you can be any Legendary Pokemon, what will it be?

• Total voters

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Worst legendary Moment: Losing from Rayquaza 150 times in Sapphire. Also, catching Mewtwo in Fire Red and DID SO MANY TIMES! but 50!

Best legendary moment: Finally catching Mesprit. I said to myself, "Welcome little sister."

Catching Mewtwo AND MOCKING MEWTWO IN SOULSILVER! I'm like, "What is wrong Mewtwo? You're Quite a wimp!" Easiest legendary catch ever

Adam45

Wishful Trainer
Worst legendary Moment: Losing from Rayquaza 150 times in Sapphire. Also, catching Mewtwo in Fire Red and DID SO MANY TIMES! but 50!

Best legendary moment: Finally catching Mesprit. I said to myself, "Welcome little sister."

Catching Mewtwo AND MOCKING MEWTWO IN SOULSILVER! I'm like, "What is wrong Mewtwo? You're Quite a wimp!" Easiest legendary
catch ever

Wow. You sure went a long way catching Mesprit. I feel sorry about your worst legendary moments. Also, that's pretty awesome catching Mewtwo easily.

Adam45

Wishful Trainer
This is a post that fits with the topic. During my battle against Reshiram in White 2, I weakened it to low health despite many difficulties, then I chucked an Ultra Ball, and Reshiram didn't break free, thus catching Reshiram on my first try. :)

Also, the poll got to at least 17 voters. That's pretty cool. I hope you guys continue to share your legendary moments, from random to best.

koolaidman594

(>^__^)> <(^__^<)
Best: Critical capture on Black 2 Zekrom with a pokeball and it was adamant nature! xD
Worst: Going through 60 ultra balls in SS to catch Ho-Oh, only to catch it in a quick ball -___-

Shuckle3650

Train Buff
These are what I think are my best moments:
- Catching Latios in Ruby without a master ball - it's very hard to do this; it takes a ton of patience and preparing to do this. You really should save your master balls for the fleeing legendaries!
- Catching my first ever legendary, Zapdos, in Firered for the first time - I was NOT good at Pokemon at the time and I used very bad strategies to catch him. But still, it was my first legendary and I was VERY excited afterwards. I think I still have access to that Zapdos somehow.
- Catching Zapdos in Firered (again) with a regular pokeball

Adam45

Wishful Trainer
Best: Critical capture on Black 2 Zekrom with a pokeball and it was adamant nature! xD
Worst: Going through 60 ultra balls in SS to catch Ho-Oh, only to catch it in a quick ball -___-

Nice job critical capturing Zekrom with a Pokeball. And though you went through 60 Ultra Balls, that was impressive that you caught Ho-Oh in a Quick Ball.

These are what I think are my best moments:
- Catching Latios in Ruby without a master ball - it's very hard to do this; it takes a ton of patience and preparing to do this. You really should save your master balls for the fleeing legendaries!
- Catching my first ever legendary, Zapdos, in Firered for the first time - I was NOT good at Pokemon at the time and I used very bad strategies to catch him. But still, it was my first legendary and I was VERY excited afterwards. I think I still have access to that Zapdos somehow.
- Catching Zapdos in Firered (again) with a regular pokeball

Catching Latios without a Master Ball is awesome, also difficult, but most of all awesome. Catching Zapdos in Firered was also awesome, and catching Zapdos in a Pokeball doubles the awesomeness.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Myself and my two cousins all playing our Pokemon games in the same room, my male cousin and I with Ruby and my female cousin with Sapphire. Suddenly, she screams out for us to come look at something. We run over, and there we see her face-to-face with a shiny Latias. We got very excited, and began screaming at her to throw her Masterball...

"But I'm in the Safari Zone..."

It sounds like a bad fish story, I know, but I swear it on my life. Shiny Latias in the Safari Zone. As we learned, in Generation 3 at least, the shiny status of the roamers doesn't carry on between encounters. The ultimate "one that got away."

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I always run nto Cresselia and Mesprit on Platinum..
They'll never be captured though

Adam45

Wishful Trainer
Myself and my two cousins all playing our Pokemon games in the same room, my male cousin and I with Ruby and my female cousin with Sapphire. Suddenly, she screams out for us to come look at something. We run over, and there we see her face-to-face with a shiny Latias. We got very excited, and began screaming at her to throw her Masterball...

"But I'm in the Safari Zone..."

It sounds like a bad fish story, I know, but I swear it on my life. Shiny Latias in the Safari Zone. As we learned, in Generation 3 at least, the shiny status of the roamers doesn't carry on between encounters. The ultimate "one that got away."

Hmmm... I do believe that what you said about Shiny Latias in the Safari Zone is 100% true. I feel sorry about your cousin that has Sapphire.
I always run nto Cresselia and Mesprit on Platinum..
They'll never be captured though

I hope you catch Mesprit and Cresselia soon... I hope.

Last edited:

Demonslayer492

Got it Memorized?
You know. I besides Groudon in Ruby which is a funny story to me. It was Arceus in D/P/PT.

Well Arceus, I got the item and I didnt know what to do. I was just going back up to Spear Piller to get Dialga/Palkia and the Item activated. So I went up the stairs and what do I see...This beast. So I went to fight it with lv50-55 pokemon in my team. It was lvl 80 -.- I almost Shat myself xD.

The Groudon story goes like this.

My older Cousin was playing Ruby and he spent some time trying to catch it. So then he goes to give me the game after he shut it off to start again. Right when I get the Gba in my hands. I face Groudon and for the Sh**s and Giggles. I threw ONE UltraBall with Groudon at full health and I just sat there looking and I caught it for him xD. He was pissed :p

Adam45

Wishful Trainer
You know. I besides Groudon in Ruby which is a funny story to me. It was Arceus in D/P/PT.

Well Arceus, I got the item and I didnt know what to do. I was just going back up to Spear Piller to get Dialga/Palkia and the Item activated. So I went up the stairs and what do I see...This beast. So I went to fight it with lv50-55 pokemon in my team. It was lvl 80 -.- I almost Shat myself xD.

The Groudon story goes like this.

My older Cousin was playing Ruby and he spent some time trying to catch it. So then he goes to give me the game after he shut it off to start again. Right when I get the Gba in my hands. I face Groudon and for the Sh**s and Giggles. I threw ONE UltraBall with Groudon at full health and I just sat there looking and I caught it for him xD. He was pissed :p

The Arceus part was funny, and the Groudon part was hillarious! But that was awesome catching Groudon in an Ultraball... though it was your cousin's Ruby game.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Best: Beating Pokémon Colosseum and going through the 100 trainers in a row thrice to get three Ho-Oh (this was before HG, mind). It was the best because damn it, they were Ho-Oh and the first I had since my Gold's battery died.

Worst: Realizing said three Ho-Oh had terrible IVs and natures, while my friend who only beat Colosseum and the 100 trainers once got one with 31 IVs in Attack and an Attack-boosting nature on the first try. I never forgave him for that.

Adam45

Wishful Trainer
Best: Beating Pokémon Colosseum and going through the 100 trainers in a row thrice to get three Ho-Oh (this was before HG, mind). It was the best because damn it, they were Ho-Oh and the first I had since my Gold's battery died.

Worst: Realizing said three Ho-Oh had terrible IVs and natures, while my friend who only beat Colosseum and the 100 trainers once got one with 31 IVs in Attack and an Attack-boosting nature on the first try. I never forgave him for that.

Beating the 100 trainers three times was awesome... but I feel sorry for you getting three Ho-Oh with terrible IVs and natures.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
In Pokemon Yellow when I first got it back in 1999 (I was about 9 years old) I threw about 40 or more Ultra balls, and I still couldn't catch Mewtwo even though he was weakened down to 2 hp. Then just for the heck of it I threw a pokeball, and captured it! The next day I went to school, and I told all my friends I caught Mewtwo in a pokeball. Nowaydays I always try to catch my pokemon in (regular) pokeballs.

Last edited:
When I was battling Giratina in Diamond and caught him with a dive ball, which was my last pokeball. I flipped a table in excitement.

Adam45

Wishful Trainer
In Pokemon Yellow when I first got it back in 1999 (I was about 9 years old) I threw about 40 or more Ultra balls, and I still couldn't catch Mewtwo even though he was weakened down to 2 hp. Then just for the heck of it I threw a pokeball, and captured it! The next day I went to school, and I told all my friends I caught Mewtwo in a pokeball. Nowaydays I always try to catch my pokemon in (regular) pokeballs.

That was pretty lucky of you catching a Mewtwo in Yellow with a regular Pokeball.

When I was battling Giratina in Diamond and caught him with a dive ball, which was my last pokeball. I flipped a table in excitement.

That's pretty lucky for you catching Giratina in a Dive Ball.

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
My best legendary moment was getting a shiny Cresselia after 4-6+ soft resets only!!!!!!!!!!
AND my first legendary Moonbeam the Palkia that I caught in Pearl in my first Ultra ball thrown!!!!(No Masterball, used my Masterball on a Goldeen..those were the days... -_-")

Adam45

Wishful Trainer
My best legendary moment was getting a shiny Cresselia after 4-6+ soft resets only!!!!!!!!!!
AND my first legendary Moonbeam the Palkia that I caught in Pearl in my first Ultra ball thrown!!!!(No Masterball, used my Masterball on a Goldeen..those were the days... -_-")

I believe that the shiny Cresselia and capturing Palkia on the first Ultra Ball totally fits with the best legendary moments.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I encountered Articuno in the Sea Foam Islands when I was about 11 or so and before doing anything threw a regular pokeball. I caught it. I was amazed.

Adam45

Wishful Trainer
I encountered Articuno in the Sea Foam Islands when I was about 11 or so and before doing anything threw a regular pokeball. I caught it. I was amazed.

Well, what a surprise catching Articuno with one Pokeball before doing anything.