1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Random Match-ups

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by 345tom, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 345tom

345tom Well-Known Member

How are you guys faring in the random match-ups?

I ask because I can't seem to make any head way and people seem to only use the same pokemon.

Do you use random match ups often, and what is you rank?

2. tjghckyplyr

tjghckyplyr Rupee Hoarder

I've been doing fairly well....when I'm not being rage quit....Jeez, it's very annoying.

3. tjghckyplyr

tjghckyplyr Rupee Hoarder

Since I've last posted I've been rage quit against no less than five times. This is ridiculous.

4. lucario beast

lucario beast Well-Known Member

im doing good but there are so manny disconectors i hate them so much

5. Mad Cat 74

Mad Cat 74 Member

I sucked. However I rage a lot, but I DO NOT disconnect.

However my record is a laughingstock, I'm EV training for the first time and am trying to become at least decent among the community.

6. Mdk8400

Mdk8400 New Member

I do fairly well, only had like 2 disconnects. Running Ferrothorn, Jellicent and Garchomp as a usual team and changing based on what I see coming if need be.

7. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Well-Known Member

I tried it once. I faced a complete noob who sent out his serperior and me my Haxorus. He used Frenzy plant and Giga Impact. One of those players. My Haxorus swept him and he disconnected....grrr. Then I faced two other guys and I was mauled. Bad experience.

8. poke-lord

poke-lord Well-Known Member

I've done one match so far. I was annilhated by acrobatics+flying gem combo on a Scizor

9. Tyranitarquake

Tyranitarquake HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!

I got haxed so bad...

10. Vidar

Vidar New Member

I do fairly well most the time, but still people who fail vs me when they use latios, garchomps etc are a joke and dc... Then again 95% of people i face abuse Tyranitar, Garchomp, Excadrill, Latios.... pretty lame. Not impressed by people at all on this.

11. Vidar

Vidar New Member

Started to see alot of people using lvl 1 pokemon with focus sash, endeavour etc.... so lame :\

To top if off you beat these people who are using vastly stronger pokemon than you and they STILL dc when you kick their ***....

12. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

It is definitely different from the standard metagame because there are no tiers, just some banned legendaries. case in point wobbafett can be found, as well as speed boost blaziken (on japanese teams)

which reminds me, if porygon2 traces shadow tag, wouldnt that prevent wobbafett from switching? because it didnt last night...

13. poke-lord

poke-lord Well-Known Member

i thinkn they cancel each toher out. Wobba was the only with Shadow Tag in 3rd Gen so I think it is an effect to remove battles that last forever.

14. smashbro77

smashbro77 Well-Known Member

im doing pretty good my record is 15-8 i think, but i use very overused pokemon like tyranitar reuniclus and excadrill. however today i just cant seem to get any matches is wifi down for anyone else or is it just me

15. MonkeyX

MonkeyX Well-Known Member

diconnectors are really annoying but im doing alright, the worst part is that the opponents pokemon almost always wake up within 2 turns after my breloom uses spore which really sucks im half tempted to to try a rain or trick room team sometime

16. 345tom

345tom Well-Known Member

I just keep getting destroyed by crazy japanese teams.

17. blaZofgold

blaZofgold Active Member

Disconnecting is evil

I'm pwning now that I'm using EV trained Haxorus

18. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

I know! so stupid they got the DW pokes and we dont!

19. Invader Zim

Invader Zim Well-Known Member

I've only ever won once, And they disconnected on me. :/

20. Pichu47

Pichu47 Fear Me, If You Dare

People disconnect so much on rating mode that I just play the casual mode because i'm sick of people rage quitting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.