• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Match-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojay

The Summoner
I can't find anyone to fight in Rotation battles... D= Oh, and yes, when I DO find someone they have Over Powered hacked Pokemon, or they're some raging Japanese person looking to kill my poor Pokemons >.<

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
they really need to fix the rating system to compensate for all the deliberate disconnects. if I had a point for every time someone disconnected on me....I would be less mad at least. also if the move would end with a win and they quit in the middle you would think it would record the outcome like in PO.

LOL moment: facing a team with dragonite, salamence, flygon, hydregion, and garchomp. such a noob. his rating was below 1400. he did manage to bolt cloyster because I shell smashed. and he quit....

Pojay

The Summoner
I rage quit a little... but, I hate it when they see your Pokemon and run. Also, from this moment on, I will not rage quit ANYMORE!

Zachmac

Ugh, too many disconnecters. My score would be a lot better if it weren't for them, but it's still pretty good. I think it's at a 1,575.

My gliscor and gengar are amazing.
I rage quit a little... but, I hate it when they see your Pokemon and run. Also, from this moment on, I will not rage quit ANYMORE!
I wish all rage quiters would say this....Good to see someone being a better sport.

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
There should really be a rating penalty for disconnecting. But I've gotta be honest, I have rage quitted a few times in the past just cuz I saw other people do it... I feel like a horrible idiot. XO But now I know that they'll ban you if you keep disconnecting, so I don't disconnect any more.

But my trick is to play rating mode during the hours 10AM to 2PM. In America, that's when Japan is asleep, any they just DOMINATE.

Pojay

The Summoner
Wow, that was my LOL moment... I got obliterated by someone, then after the killing move, I got a connection error on my side -.- Poor guy on the other side...

Randomness

He is already here.
I've lost 6 times..out of 6! Sad... I think people never disconnect cuz I suck so bad...disconnecting isnt a huge problem for me. I tend to see lots of japanese and previous gen teams.

I'm doing ok on free battle. 57/43 win/loss so far. Ranking battle is a waste of time, though. You either get flattened or quit on. I think my score was under 1300 when I decided to stop bothering.

I did find, squirreled away on the global link site, a mention that players who register too many disconnects will be banned from ranking battle, so I'm hoping if Nintendo bring down the banhammer things will improve...

Pokémon_Prodigy

Athena of Pokemon
I had a few goes on the Random Matchup, and It was quite fun. Although you do get the occasional disconnector which I find an annoyance.

I think I had a win/loss ratio of 11/3. Might've been that, but I recently restarted Pokemon Black because I wanted to replay the story :D

Fa7e

yesterday i got 9 disconnects in a row because my Jumpluff is not messing around
no but seriously my jumpluff sweeped everyone

Vidar

I could understand if people were to dc against me for using lame tactics or the same op pokemon... but I keep getting people dc against me for using pretty average pokes, standard tactics and they cry because I sweep their garchomp, latios and haxorus with one pokemon....

Serves people right for using the same crappy pokes and don't know how to use them.

Zak Attack XIII

Ace Trainer
#4, usa

I'm currently #4 In the USA Doubles rating match ups but i seem to be having a bit of trouble lately. just about every time i win a match the other player disconnects!!. I'v had over 20 opponent's disconnect, after i win, in the last 3 days. As you can imagine this is pretty upsetting! i read some were on the main website that frequent disconnections result in DQ for the season. this means that I'm taking all my loses (5), so not to get DQed, and am unable to get any further WINS (13) do to disconnection. seems like a pretty Bad game flaw if you ask me!! Any way my question is does any buddy know if these "opponent's disconnections" could possibly result in MY being DQed? THANKS!!

tjghckyplyr

Rupee Hoarder
After another day I can say I've been experiencing alot less disconnectors. Maybe my luck has turned! Currently working on an all shiny team...lets hope this Masuda Method works out...gulp. 2/6 so far...

Vidar

Sigh, some kid using a garchomp quit 2 times in a row vs me.... Didn't even manage to kill one of my pokes :\

3rd time now...

Even better, faced a guy using Nidoking spamming Horn Drill and Haxorus trying to use Guillotine on my Gengar :x owned him and ofc he quits...

RifleAvenger

See you starside
I've done 50/50, with only 5 d/c's (four wins, one where it likely was an accident). I started off using my in-game team, and it scored a win for each loss. I played with more thought out parties later, and did better, but I stopped doing random because I really don't like how only triples lets you use a full team, and the other goofy restrictions.

There should really be a rating penalty for disconnecting. But I've gotta be honest, I have rage quitted a few times in the past just cuz I saw other people do it... I feel like a horrible idiot. XO But now I know that they'll ban you if you keep disconnecting, so I don't disconnect any more.

But my trick is to play rating mode during the hours 10AM to 2PM. In America, that's when Japan is asleep, any they just DOMINATE.

FINALLY! I have finally found the time Japanese people are supposed to be sleeping! Thank you very much!

Back on subject, I've Disconnected several times due to hax, mainly parahax and misses, but now that my rating has gone up (7 wins, 6 losses) I have vowed not to disconnect anymore, the bad thing is, sometimes it's my connections fault.

I never found the Japanese to be any better at Pokemon than Americans on PBR. If anything I thought they were easier because they used more gimmicks that were easily predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.