• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Match-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bean1706

I've only won two out of eleven battles lol although I did win another but the guy disconnected. I'm new to pokemon online though so I still don't have a decent team.

And all ragequitters need to grow up. It's only a game.

matthew1996

ArcanineShrine014029

Ran into my fist Speed Boost Blaziken on it today. And that ability is what won my opponent the match, even against my Jolly Infernape. (which does WAY better than I thought it would)

unown?

ghost freak
ok, i am officially thinking twice about using the ranking system. i guess i am luckier than most since i have been able to scrape 5 wins (2 of them from forfeits due to my pokemon having been boosted up way too much ;) ) but for the past week, i have been disconnected on every single match. its not even in the middle of the fight, ITS WHEN THE GAME SAYS I'VE ALREADY WON. if that is not enough, most of these players are japanese and are using dream world pokemon. i don't disconnect on principle but even if i did, i wouldn't disconnect when the computer already logged the win. this just gets me frustrated when i get home after a long day just to get disconnected on. talk about depressing. D:

Skydra

I don't use Random Match much, but when I do my foes often end up ragequitting when I win, like others.

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
I don't use Random Match much, but when I do my foes often end up ragequitting when I win, like others.

Yeah, I hate that. That's why I have about 1/4 more lost matches than won matches.

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
I lost to a guy who had a butterfree that knew judgement and the HP REGAINED every time he took damage. The guy OBVIOUSLY cheated. His other pokemon was 3 beedrils and 2 more butterfrees

ClefairyRox

Nintendo Fan
It ticks me off to no end when the opponent disconnects as soon as the battle turns sour...

I'll admit I was guilty of doing the same thing once. I kept telling myself I wouldn't, but my temper won because the opponent kept breaking Sleep clause with Spore...

Cetra

Ash got 26 years, Liko won't, recency bias fanboys
Everytime my opponent - okay, not everytime, but often - notices, that one of my pokémon is extremely powerful like my Yanmega and beats most of his Pokémon, he just disconnects. Even when it is directly after I have beaten his last pokémon. What a joke.

Mutsumi

That Volcarona Gal
It ticks me off to no end when the opponent disconnects as soon as the battle turns sour...

I'll admit I was guilty of doing the same thing once. I kept telling myself I wouldn't, but my temper won because the opponent kept breaking Sleep clause with Spore...

If it was on random match ups, then how could they have agreed to abide by such a rule in the first place?

Mr G W

Insect power
I mostly lose against Japanese players.
They obliterated me in the beggining, but now i can fight back. I still lose though... guess thats what happens when you monotype at random match >)

I have a question reguarding Random Match-ups and I didn't know where to post it, so I posted it here. If this is the wrong spot, please repost is and PM me. Well, here it is. Whenever I try to use my Pokemon on for Random match-ups, it says that there is a problem. At first it I thought it was because my friend got me illegally hacked ones, so I got ones legit, but it still says there is a problem with them. Does anyone have an idea why?

StarlightUmbreon

its kinda annoying how people disconnect- some people also are complete dragon teams which is kinda cheap..

Once i was even playing someone with the same name as me, i was like oh cool and then they sent out their hacked shiny level 100s.. My fair pokemon crushed their hacked ones and right when it was about to say i won they disconnected. wow-

StarlightUmbreon

I have a question reguarding Random Match-ups and I didn't know where to post it, so I posted it here. If this is the wrong spot, please repost is and PM me. Well, here it is. Whenever I try to use my Pokemon on for Random match-ups, it says that there is a problem. At first it I thought it was because my friend got me illegally hacked ones, so I got ones legit, but it still says there is a problem with them. Does anyone have an idea why?

that happened to me too before, since im guessing you got past the person who tells you that you cant use ledgendaries i think it might be because one of your pokemon might know sky drop its a banned move from wifi contests because if its a double battle and while your in the air then the opponet uses gravity you stay up there for good anyway, if that is why then youd just have to delete the move :)

MonkeyX

the random match-ups are just getting annoying, you either find a disconnector or a nearly unbeatable japanese team. Plus nearly everyone i find has tyranitar which ruins my rain team

that happened to me too before, since im guessing you got past the person who tells you that you cant use ledgendaries i think it might be because one of your pokemon might know sky drop its a banned move from wifi contests because if its a double battle and while your in the air then the opponet uses gravity you stay up there for good anyway, if that is why then youd just have to delete the move :)

I double-checked and none of my Pokemon know the move Sky Drop. Any other ideas?

snivy101

MA PANTS!
I've had 10 decent battles in a row and only 1 was a disconnect!

quilava1

Pokemon Master
everyone turns the power off on me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.