• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Match-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spesh

Hi, Kinda new :) but i have been using serebii for years now :D

I hate the random battles tbh, i don't like how you can't have multiple items :'(
Also only able to use 3 out of 6 sucks trying to cover as much weakness with 3 is hard!

Also things im commonly seeing are;

Speed Boost Blaziken (Swampert with roar is the best counter iv found x.x)
Drought Ninetails with subseeding Liligant and chlorophyll, i actually rage quit on those sets.
Drizzle politode.... need not say more.
Evolite Chansey Duskclops and Porygon2............ OP MUCH! And extra 50% in both def's!!! Chansey looses a little bit of attack and speed and 10 hp for and extra 50 def and like 150 sp. def x.x (At lvl 100)
Bright powder Volcarona.... missed 4 times in a row on that thing i was not happy! Still won which made me smug :p
I find it so hard to use 3 pokemon and it also feels like luck of the draw in a way..
im 15 wins to 17 losses.... i will admit my losses would be more like 20 because i can't stand the new drought teams, im willing to loose to someone who uses variety and skill rather than op DW abilities that can only be countered by a drizzle team or a T-tar :L

But other than that it can be fun :D Also i do have a lack of experience in competitive battling i only have the knowledge ( Literally started 2 weeks ago but have researched for much longer :L)

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Other than the DC'ers, I'm faring well. I haven't been able to used Wi-fi for a Pokemon game, so this is my first time Random matching on BW. I've followed and watched a lot of videos, but truly, experiencing it is a totally different thing.

I haven't seen any thing like SB Blaziken and Weather teams yet, though. Though that may be only because I play on Free mode (still assembling my COMPETITIVE team), so checking stuff out with my in-game team.

Here are my Pokemon @ items. If anything in there would cause them not to be useable on Wifi, or you have any other ideas I'd appreciate it. Zoroark @ Shell Bell, Volcarona @ Charti Berry, Haxorus @ Haban Berry, Scrafty @ Leftovers, Scizor @ Occa Berry, Gengar @ Focus Sash. Thanks for all your help.

Bank$

I started off well enough.. 3-0 until I ran into a moody Octillery.

My first attack missed, cue the moody Octillery to get an evasiveness boost. After that every single one of my attacks missed. Needless to say I lost the match.

Then it kept matching me up against people that had 100+ wins, even one with 1724! lol.

I'm now 6-4.

I just wish you could use 6 pokemon for singles.

I'm doing pretty well, too. I've had like 4 disconnets

I remember my funnest battle, was when I easily killed Hydreigon, Rotom W and sawk with my F.E.A.R.
He switched 3 times in a row, and I used endeavor 3 times, then quick attack for killing them

Mdk8400

I'm doing pretty well, too. I've had like 4 disconnets

I remember my funnest battle, was when I easily killed Hydreigon, Rotom W and sawk with my F.E.A.R.
He switched 3 times in a row, and I used endeavor 3 times, then quick attack for killing them

Did this guy not know how to counter fear?

On that subject I ran around with sturdy aaron for a little last night because I was bored. And this was the only time I got dcs.

Dakress

I've been OK.And I got a ragequitting once when I killed a dragonite with my Escavalier with counter.

Speaking of battles, I remember that I battled a japanese gut who had a record of 1500-like wins, and his team was only electric pokemons,and I almost lost the match due to an emolga.Luckily, my conkeldurr countered that flying squirrel,minum and ampharos.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
I went on with my in game team and lol I got about 50% wins. It's unpredictable about non-legend ubers though, I've been up against heaps of chandlelures and garchomps.

ArcanineShrine014029

I've got about 80 wins and 30 losses... using leads is hard, with only 3 pokemon matches. You really want more use out of a Pokemon than just being frail and getting away with a taunt and maybe an encore, or leech seed.

toawest1

Pokemon Trainer
It is definitely different from the standard metagame because there are no tiers, just some banned legendaries. case in point wobbafett can be found, as well as speed boost blaziken (on japanese teams)
well i came across a speed boost blaziken and i kiked its but but the loser discounted right after i beat all of his pokemon,i was sooo mad

Kerosene

Super Palkia
Well, I'm doing pretty good! Look at my sig for my record.

Thundurus works very well for me, and Ferrothorn kicks rain's butt.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I actually got one star on my Free Double Record. Took a long time to get there due to the rage quits.

I haven't played in awhile actually, but I did it alongside a document that had my win/loss record, people who disconnected (nearly 40), places, their from, and the Pokemon they used.

In this order, Volcarona, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Garchomp, and Chandelure are my most-fought Pokemon.

Zachmac

In this order, Volcarona, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Garchomp, and Chandelure are my most-fought Pokemon.
I rarely ever find a team without Garchomp/Tyranitar.

Everyone uses sandstorm these days....It's always Tyranitar/Garchomp or Tyranitar/Excadrill. It's gotten pretty old. Lots of people rage quit when I use Aerial Acer scizor, to. Garchomp apparently can't beat that, especially the double team trolls.

Kerosene

Super Palkia
I see rain team use declining (politoed+kingdra). It's kind of weird, being that it used to be everywhere.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
wonder the hack check is better than pbr.

ubers are ubers. well i lose most of the time but i love using nus to battle against ubers lol.

ilucado

Blaine's Style!
they should make a rule to dscers so that it would count as a Lose and a Win to the other guy..

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Must people on there are freaking dumbnuts if you win the battle they turn off there game so you won't get the win.

Kerosene

Super Palkia
The bad thing is that Game Freak doesn't listen to their fans and probably won't do anything meaningful/at all to help stop the ragequitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.