• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Match-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubajoffrey

The Joffrey Master
I actually havnt beaten one yet.

Utopian

faults & feats
i hate random match-ups, they used banned pokes like garchomp and drizzle+swift swim, funny how the censors can detect hacked pokes but not illegal sets or w/e. =/

AB2

cake cake cake cake
i hate random match-ups, they used banned pokes like garchomp and drizzle+swift swim, funny how the censors can detect hacked pokes but not illegal sets or w/e. =/

I hope you know that Nintendo Wi-fi doesn't enforce smogon rules and clauses. So no, its not illegal at all. Nintendo bans different pokemon on the wifi servers that they use for their random matchups.

Vandslaux

I only played it once in doubles, and it was against a Metagross + Cresselia combo. Cresselia safeguarded, then kept Swaggering Metagross, and Cresselia was immune to Metagross's EQ.

Vandslaux

they used banned pokes like garchomp and drizzle+swift swim

Neither of those are illegal on wi-fi. In fact, I abuse DrizzleSwim in doubles with 2 Swift Swimmers (Kingdra, Ludicolo) a physical attacking monstrous healer w/ Drain Punch, Dry Skin, and Black Sludge (Toxicroak) and a Drizzler. (Politoed)

I thought Beat Up Whimsicott + Terrakion was everywhere?

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I win a lot of random matches. Usually I get lucky and find people using UU or NU Pokemon while I'm using OU Pokemon.

DrasticPhase

Half ded
I keep on getting creamed by japanese people >.< .
my record is like 12-30 :O
when i win, my oppenent disconnects on me
for me, i don't turn it off when i lose

it dont do to bad ive been usin my vgc team and have been pwning. my record is 76-8 should have like 40+ wins but all those D*** Quitters can get REALLY REALLY ANNOYING.

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
FreAking rGequitters!!! Ughhhhdvidkkdnfoeajfmfkg

Cuddlebuns

My record is 1-4 in the rated battles, even though it should be 7-3, thanks to rage quitters. The people I lost to were OU battlers, and so was the one person I beat who didn't quit. The rest were kids who put Hyper Beam on their starters. It's not nearly as fun as it hoped it would be when I first learned about the feature. The free battles aren't as bad though, and I have some fun there using lower tier Pokes.

I'm doing okay, except for fact that people rage quit on me almost all the time when I they lose their last pokemon. It annoys me a lot, I only have 49 wins after doing random match-up for weeks

asterat

Banned
Iget hacks so much, like a Kyogre with judgement. It is so annoying

Kerosene

Super Palkia
Random Match-Ups have a pretty good hack security system I thought. Some people must hack a lot to get through it. Anyways, I think Latias is the most HAX-attracting PKMN ever. I get frozen, poisoned, and burned ALL the time on Random Matches.

Crowe

I run two teams on random triple or random launcher: a beat-up terrakion team, and a synergy team. Every time I use beat-up terrakion my opponent rage quits, and everytime i win with the synergy team they rage quit.

Case in point, I just got slaughtered by this guy running 4 water types, i managed to kill off his two non-waters and he managed to get all my pokes but whimsicott. I then giga-drained his 4 water types to death without him managing to get whimsi and he ragequit. Argh.

Mutsumi

That Volcarona Gal
I run two teams on random triple or random launcher: a beat-up terrakion team, and a synergy team. Every time I use beat-up terrakion my opponent rage quits, and everytime i win with the synergy team they rage quit.

Case in point, I just got slaughtered by this guy running 4 water types, i managed to kill off his two non-waters and he managed to get all my pokes but whimsicott. I then giga-drained his 4 water types to death without him managing to get whimsi and he ragequit. Argh.

You're asking for ragequits when you use beat-up Terrakion. :p

Kerosene

Super Palkia
I use Thunder Wave Ferro+NP Thundurus+trick scarf rotom-w, and it works wonders. Ferro paralyzes, Rotom gives Thundurus a set up oppurtunity, and Thundurus sweeps.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
i got 207 wins and 32 loss in random single
my favorite and most fun match ups are when i vs some pro japanese people with no OU pokes, they use pokemon like golduck and destroys OU pokemons and don't disconnect when they lose. has any one else met people like that?

here is a battle vid of one of my battles video to show you why they are fun
36-03894-95000

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Statistically, it seems like people who disconnect will have higher scores than people who don't because they'll have a lot fewer losses compared to wins. Not like I've every rage quit... I think it's really unfair that doing something so unsportsmanlike will actually improve your score.

Status
Not open for further replies.