• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Matchup Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random matchup is very challenging, and that's why I like it.

The only thing I wish Random Matchup would do is enable 6 on 6 battles instead of 3 on 3.

Agree! I wish they could do something about rage quitters though, i have lost so much wins because of them! But another thing i hate is people who spam guillotine and sheer cold. And people who use cheap tactics like minimise behind a sub with toxic.

I have found that a calm mind suicune to be very helpful for me, and CB scizor. I usually use these two together.

Speed Boost Blaziken passes speed boosts to a Moody Smeargle, which puts every pokemon on the foe's team to sleep with Spore, uses Belly Drum, and Baton Passes to Garchomp. If only I had a Latios with Soul Dew, or maybe a Simple Swoobat that used Double Team over and over...

That would be awful to fight against, but so much fun to use. I just want to see how many of Smogon's rules can be broken in this medium.

wow that would be tough... But isn't speed boost blaziken illegal with baton pass? or does it not matter in random matchups?

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
I don't see what the problem with rain/swift swim is. Kingdra can be easily contained even with double speed, it's hardily a threat. Sand rush Excadrill on the other hand is far more menacing. My biggest problem with Random Matchup is rage quitters though. I've been robbed of 50+ wins because my opponent disconnects as soon as I kill their last pokemon, or even so much as take the upper hand in a battle.

the random matchup can be very fun I usually dont have a problem But thoes Rage quitters. the worst are those Asians when i get on at about 1 Am -4 am almost every asian I battle quits(im not saying that to be racist) but does anyone else have that problem?

Stunfisk

A.K.A. マッギョ Maggyo.
I agree.Like, almost every time I KO a Pokemon from the Opponents side, they rage quit.They should know that they can't always win.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
It's really disheartening when it's right before a would be epic win.

"OMG, I can't believe I pulled that off. I'm so saving the vid-″You have been disconnected.

Psycho Cut

With this metagame, the general rule is: if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Basically, I'm saying that if you go on with your nice, little Smogon-legal team, you'll be at a huge disadvantage to drizzle+swift swim, garchomp etc. So the best way to excel, is to use them yourself.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
With this metagame, the general rule is: if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Basically, I'm saying that if you go on with your nice, little Smogon-legal team, you'll be at a huge disadvantage to drizzle+swift swim, garchomp etc. So the best way to excel, is to use them yourself.

thats what i do and its fun:D

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Ironicly, they only rage quit on me if they have a few wins. If they have none or 1000s, they go to the end.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
Sand's up..

Garchomp @ Brightpowder
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

whatcha gonna do.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
just make sure you have a poke that can handle fast sweepers and your good to go

That's why i've got myself a Scarfed Haxorus. :3

Sand's up..

Garchomp @ Brightpowder
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

whatcha gonna do.

Above post. :0 I mean, unless it misses...

Psycho Cut

Petition GameFreak to make an Ice-type version of Aura Sphere in Gen 6 and never, ever go on Random Matchup?
And call it '**** You Garchomp' ;)

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
Sand's up..

Garchomp @ Brightpowder
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

whatcha gonna do.

cloyster use icicle spear and cross fingers that it hits

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I like how everyone has a team of thundurus, garchomp, haxorus, hydreigon, and lati@s

mukku12

random match ups are very challenging for me at least. i can't even count all those loses i had with TT+Garchomb and sun teams ALWAYS give me hard time, and rage quitters are annoying every time i land last hit they disconnect, i could have about 20 wins more .

today i faced Ninjask bottompassing sword dance, and 3 speed boosts to Choice band Haxarus...oh man that was painful

Status
Not open for further replies.