• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Matchup Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeGyms

Nothing else matters
I know a guy who knows a guy who battled with a max speed jolly Haxorus and a Golurk that wasn't even carrying anything outsped and killed his whole team. That's what I really dislike about hacking.

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
I never liked random Matchup.
Whenever I battled there was always a team either consisting from the Politoed-Rain Core, Nintales-Drought, or TTar/Hippos-Sandstorm.
It just shows the domination of weather in 5th Gen.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
I know a guy who knows a guy who battled with a max speed jolly Haxorus and a Golurk that wasn't even carrying anything outsped and killed his whole team. That's what I really dislike about hacking.
is he sure the golurk wasn't a zoroark? cause the random wifi does a really good job at keeping super hacked stats away

is he sure the golurk wasn't a zoroark? cause the random wifi does a really good job at keeping super hacked stats away

lol idk ive had the same situation happen to me a couple times like just 10 minutes ago somesones jellicent without tailwind, or any speed stat changers or quick claw out sped my Jolly Archeops with max speed Ev's. it keeps most hacks out but not all of them

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
lol idk ive had the same situation happen to me a couple times like just 10 minutes ago somesones jellicent without tailwind, or any speed stat changers or quick claw out sped my Jolly Archeops with max speed Ev's. it keeps most hacks out but not all of them

do u have a battle vid of it?

the random matchup can be very fun I usually dont have a problem But thoes Rage quitters. the worst are those Asians when i get on at about 1 Am -4 am almost every asian I battle quits(im not saying that to be racist) but does anyone else have that problem?

yes i know! I know your not racist, but they are the ones who always rage quit.

Coogrr

Aaron:
Ability:Sturdy
Item: shell bell
-quick attack
-endeavor

Used with tyranitar.
Beat all three of my pokemon… NO!!!!!

purplepikachu

This is very possible, esp b/c your archeops didn't have max speed IVs

Max speed Archeops: 350, with 31IVspe
Max speed Jellicent: 240

Jellicent with scarf: 360

360>350

Vandslaux

Every time I go on there, I find Sandstorm, sandstorm, and more sandstorm. Next time I go on there, I'm going to use Sun.

Vandslaux

Sand's up..

Garchomp @ Brightpowder
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

whatcha gonna do.

Machamp + Ice Punch = KOed Garchomp.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
Every time I go on there, I find Sandstorm, sandstorm, and more sandstorm. Next time I go on there, I'm going to use Sun.

i use sudowoodo as my sand storm counter on there

adamant
252 atk/252 def/4 hp
ability: sturdy
sucker punch
earthquake
hammer arm
stone edge

it can take out excadrill and tar tar super easily, and many, many other random pokes all thanks to sturdy and sucker punch(and bright powder sometimes :D )

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
I'll admit that I mostly play doubles, but anything that can cripple your opponent's poke/s is golden. T-wave, WoW, encore, anything like that is great.

Also, pro tip, if you opponent has a garchomp on their team, there is a roughly 150% chance that they're gonna use it. It's almost mandatory.

Vandslaux

I played doubles once, with my Gigalith, a lv. 35 Musharna, my Sawsbuck, and my Samurott. They used Cresselia, Metagross, Gyarados, and Zapdos. I lost 4-0. Cresselia used Safeguard, Metagross used EQ. Cresselia used Swagger, it missed. Metagross EQed, Cress had Levitate. Cresselia used Swagger on Metagross, it hit, Atk sharply rose, Safeguard blocked Confusion. Cresselia kept using Swagger on Meta until Safeguard ran out, then he started using Meteor Mash.

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!

As far as I know, it rejects illegal move sets (such as Porygon-Z with Nasty Plot that isn't Poketransferred), and pokemon with over 510 EVs.

The Jellicent could have been holding a Choice Scarf.

Vandslaux

As far as I know, it rejects illegal move sets (such as Porygon-Z with Nasty Plot that isn't Poketransferred), and pokemon with over 510 EVs.

The Jellicent could have been holding a Choice Scarf.

Porygon-Z gets NP in BW, just catch a Porygon in White Forest, evolve it, teach it Nasty Plot.

Also, currently, I've been unable to find an opponent for so long..

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
i like random match ups because i can used lots of stuff that i can't use on here.

Kotone

I don't like random match-ups, people always ragequit when they are about to lose and don't let me get the win

irock245

She wants it
Once my wifi team is done, i'm goning to name all my pokemon,"failsquit" to guilt the opponent into losing if i beat them instead of ragequitting.

cdawg3574

I DO THIS SH*T!!!!!
Once my wifi team is done, i'm goning to name all my pokemon,"failsquit" to guilt the opponent into losing if i beat them instead of ragequitting.

I don't think they get to see the names of your pokes, and even if they did it would just look like so much gibberish to them, considering most are japanese or some other nationality. I did have someone from the UK ragequit 1 of my slowbro sweeps, so if they do get to see it, maybe it will work...

Mutsumi

That Volcarona Gal
You do not get to see any of the nicknames over wifi, all you see is the default name of the Pokémon in the language of your opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.