• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Matchup Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
Funniest encounter i had, we both are left with our last pokemon:
guy: sends out cloyster
me: sends out latios

turn1
"wanted to use thunderbolt straight off the bat, considering cloysters low sp.defense but based on my experience, most cloysters hold focus sashes to gain a free shell smash, so i decided to use trick"

bx's latios used trick!
Foes cloyster gained choice specs,
bxs latios gained focus sash

foes cloyster uses shell smash!

Turn2
foe figured that he cant change his moves and hesitated.
I was planning to spam thunderbolt.

*blue screen*
*you have lost connection bla bla bla*
*_*

I lol at that guy. there was no need to use shell smash, he could have ko'd you by just using icicle spear especially since it had sash and your latios was your last poke!

heiiumzz

Pokemon Master
I lol at that guy. there was no need to use shell smash, he could have ko'd you by just using icicle spear especially since it had sash and your latios was your last poke!

Sometimes trick from my latios catches people off guard.. Lol..

Trick render skarmory, blissey useless :)

TheDarkrai

Magic Bounce Espeon!
Rotation, anyone???

Random Matchup being rather unpopular on Serebii and Smogon, I am quite surprised to see a thread for it, though everyone seems to be narrowing their conversations to single battles...

I started playing Rotation recently and found it a lot more interesting because there are more mind games and prediction involved and i can use FOUR of my Pokemon! You won't be left out, Heatran! Some mechanics involved here really annoy me though. Specifically Drought, Sand Stream etc not activating if the Pokemon is rotated in. I forget to put my Politoed/Abomasnow/etc at the front a lot.

I'll get around to trying some other modes sometime, but right now i think Rotation Matchup battles are epic. Join me! (The waiting time is AAAAAAAAAGES at the moment. It takes two minutes to find a game).

Status
Not open for further replies.