• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random team built in an hour. Please rate.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Ash-s-Gliscor-pokemon-22853391-256-192.jpg

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace/Fire Fang(For ice types)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

131%20Lapras.jpg

Lapras (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Curse

1048604-dragonite06_super.png

Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Earthquake
- Roost

Celebi.png

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Earth Power

ferrothorn.jpg

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

240px-Politoed.png

Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

If I need to change moves, natures, items, or even the Pokemon itself, just post it below. Thanks! :D

-Ballistic Buizel
Put Descriptions to describe the roles of your pokemon. It will make it easier for raters to understand why you used certain moves, items, ect.
Nice Job ;)

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Put Descriptions to describe the roles of your pokemon. It will make it easier for raters to understand why you used certain moves, items, ect.
Nice Job ;)

Alright, I'll do that in the next edit :)

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
True. But do I need to add a fire type just in case?

Don't worry about Froslass. She has base 80 SpAtk, she's not ment for sweeping. Lapras completely walls her, Ferrothorn is specially bulky, Dragonite has Multiscale (Free Yache berry, essentially)... So really, Froslass could not sweep your entire team.

Also, I'm kinda suprised this hasn't been closed yet, you lack any descriptions for why you use what pokemon on the team.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Don't worry about Froslass. She has base 80 SpAtk, she's not ment for sweeping. Lapras completely walls her, Ferrothorn is specially bulky, Dragonite has Multiscale (Free Yache berry, essentially)... So really, Froslass could not sweep your entire team.

Also, I'm kinda suprised this hasn't been closed yet, you lack any descriptions for why you use what pokemon on the team.

Thanks :) So I won't add fire. And I'll add those descriptions. I didn't know I needed them :p

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
an evogon-2 with bolt/beam is a major threat to this team, just to let you know

I know. Same with ice. I need to cover my weaknesses better. Maybe change some pokes around. Celebi and Ferro are both part grass. Should I sub one?

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
Thanks :) So I won't add fire. And I'll add those descriptions. I didn't know I needed them :p

Well, someone mentioned Fire Fang on Gliscor over Aerial Ace, which I think would be good, so you can do that~ You don't need to sacrifice a mon for a Froslass though :p
Plus theres a rules sticky at the top of the forum, js ;o

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Well, someone mentioned Fire Fang on Gliscor over Aerial Ace, which I think would be good, so you can do that~ You don't need to sacrifice a mon for a Froslass though :p
Plus theres a rules sticky at the top of the forum, js ;o

Is Fire Fang good enough to sacrifice Aerial Ace's STAB though? And yea just saw the sticky :p

AnnoyingRedHead

i dont suggest fire while its raining

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
Is Fire Fang good enough to sacrifice Aerial Ace's STAB though? And yea just saw the sticky :p
Well flying doesn't really offer much good coverage, you can take out Grass and Bug, along with Fighting. Fire Fang covers Grass, Bug, Ice, and Steel.
You really only need to worry about Ice out of those 4 (Or 5, if you count Fighting) since you get hit for 4x damage by ice. Grass gets a supereffective hit on you, yea, but how many Grass types do you see in OU (Which is what most of your pokemon are in). Yea, theres Ferrothorn but Fire Fang gets 4x on him. Actually, I'm rambling now. I'll simplify it.

Fire Fang offers more coverage on more types (Lets you hit Ferrothorn with a 300 BP attack) with a chance to burn, while Aerial Ace offers okay coverage on mostly uncommon types in OU, with the bonus of always hitting, always.
Since accuracy altering attacks are so uncommon (and banned), Fire Fang just brings more to the table.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Well flying doesn't really offer much good coverage, you can take out Grass and Bug, along with Fighting. Fire Fang covers Grass, Bug, Ice, and Steel.
You really only need to worry about Ice out of those 4 (Or 5, if you count Fighting) since you get hit for 4x damage by ice. Grass gets a supereffective hit on you, yea, but how many Grass types do you see in OU (Which is what most of your pokemon are in). Yea, theres Ferrothorn but Fire Fang gets 4x on him. Actually, I'm rambling now. I'll simplify it.

Fire Fang offers more coverage on more types (Lets you hit Ferrothorn with a 300 BP attack) with a chance to burn, while Aerial Ace offers okay coverage on mostly uncommon types in OU, with the bonus of always hitting, always.
Since accuracy altering attacks are so uncommon (and banned), Fire Fang just brings more to the table.

But also it doesn't do well in raining so if I want to send in my politoed.......

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Your team's ice weakness is frightening. Lapras as a counter isn't that great, since it gets mowed down by the Thunder of any passing Thundurus. Truly, a special sweeper with BoltBeam can take down everything on your team but Ferrothorn. Magnezone might be a good counter, and it resists a ton of things (plus rain eliminates its fire weakness). I would try it instead of Lapras.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Your team's ice weakness is frightening. Lapras as a counter isn't that great, since it gets mowed down by the Thunder of any passing Thundurus. Truly, a special sweeper with BoltBeam can take down everything on your team but Ferrothorn. Magnezone might be a good counter, and it resists a ton of things (plus rain eliminates its fire weakness). I would try it instead of Lapras.

Instead of lapras? What about celebi? Because I think lapras is vital for Gliscor and type coverage.

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
But also it doesn't do well in raining so if I want to send in my politoed.......

I didnt even realize Politoad had Drizzle. Id personally remove Politoad for maybe Unaware Quagsire, as it removes your Electric weakness (Which by the way, is only made worse with 100% accurate Thunders) and helps get rid of your Ice weakness, since Quagsire will likely carry EQ. Itll let Fire Fang retain its power as well.
You could change Dragonite to a bulky Special Attacker, with Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Roost, and a filler (Maybe Twave, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Surf, etc.). Or Dragonite can be a bulky physical attacker since it has access to the elemental punches and Dragon Dance...

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
I didnt even realize Politoad had Drizzle. Id personally remove Politoad for maybe Unaware Quagsire, as it removes your Electric weakness (Which by the way, is only made worse with 100% accurate Thunders) and helps get rid of your Ice weakness, since Quagsire will likely carry EQ. Itll let Fire Fang retain its power as well.
You could change Dragonite to a bulky Special Attacker, with Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Roost, and a filler (Maybe Twave, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Surf, etc.). Or Dragonite can be a bulky physical attacker since it has access to the elemental punches and Dragon Dance...

So then quag for poli, and maybe hydreigon for ddnite?

#1treeckofan

Um.. Back?
i personally luv THIS set for a DW gliscor. up to u if u wanna use it

-substitue
-fling
-acrobatics
-sandstorm

a real pain to kill :p

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
So then quag for poli, and maybe hydreigon for ddnite?

Yes to the first, but I didn't mean switch Dragonite entirely, I just ment its set.
Keep Dragonite, but run it as a Bulky [Special] attacker, instead of one that relies on weather moves (Thunder/Hurricane/Solarbeam are examples).
The moves I listed were just different attacks Dragonite can personally run c:

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
i personally luv THIS set for a DW gliscor. up to u if u wanna use it

-substitue
-fling
-acrobatics
-sandstorm

a real pain to kill :p

Yeah I'll look into it :)

Yes to the first, but I didn't mean switch Dragonite entirely, I just ment its set.
Keep Dragonite, but run it as a Bulky [Special] attacker, instead of one that relies on weather moves (Thunder/Hurricane/Solarbeam are examples).
The moves I listed were just different attacks Dragonite can personally run c:

Okay so no Hydreigon and change ddnite. And no speed so it's bulky. Got it.

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
Yeah I'll look into it :)

Okay so no Hydreigon and change ddnite. And no speed so it's bulky. Got it.
For the set #1TreekoFan mentioned, instead of Sandstorm you could run
Roost/Substitute
Fling
Acrobatics
EQ/Fire Fang
Just since Sandstorm will likely cause more harm to your team than anything else.

And well, maybe you should run speed on Dnite? I'm not a Dnite pro at all, I think Dnite spreads can get kinda complicated, so don't hold me to the no speed thing. If youre running Dragon Dance, you might not need it, but I don't know. Check Smogon forums just for some help, if you wanna :3