• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random team built in an hour. Please rate.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Hi all, this is my first competitive team that I have ever made. With help of course from the wonderful members of the Triumvirate. I'm new to competitve battling, so please be kind. Also, keep in mind that this team was hastily made in an hour. Thanks so much, and here's the team:

Ash-s-Gliscor-pokemon-22853391-256-192.jpg

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
I put gliscor in because he's a nice sweeper and he has good defenses. Plus his ability combo with toxic orb is nice. I just was going to build the team around him.

131%20Lapras.jpg

Lapras (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Curse
I put lapras in because she compliments gliscor by covering the ice type weakness. Also, I wanted a nice defensive pokemon on the team.

1048604-dragonite06_super.png

Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Brick Break
- Roost
I wanted a dragon type because of it's few weaknesses. I now realize that this makes my team susceptible to ice type attacks :p
Celebi.png

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Earth Power
I wanted a nice combo with celebi and I wanted it's type coverage. It's got recover and life orb, which is the combo I was aiming for.

ferrothorn.jpg

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
I needed ferro because I needed some more bulk on the team. Ferro fits this job nicely.
240px-Politoed.png

Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]
I wanted politoed to compliment lapras and also it gives nice type coverage.

If I need to change moves, natures, items, or even the Pokemon itself, just post it below. Thanks! :D

-Ballistic Buizel

Last edited:

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Try Politoed as a lead, and maybe replace HP Grass with HP Rock/Dark or something

Politoed originally had HP dark, so I think I'll change it back. thanks :)

Infectious

<('-'<)
HP Dark is horrible for Politoed, and often a horrible HP in general. HP Grass lets Politoed hit the water types that can resist it's stab. That or HP Electric. So stick with HP Grass or use HP Electric, they're better than HP Dark by a longshot. Also, you need descriptions for your pokes.

OnixtheBeast

PM for clone
The only thing that I have to say is you should probably teach dragonite a dragon type move like Dragon Pulse so that it can have a stab move. Also that could be good for salamence which are used very often. If you raised it's speed with EVs and Natures it could be a weapon against Salamence, and other pokemon.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
HP Dark is horrible for Politoed, and often a horrible HP in general. HP Grass lets Politoed hit the water types that can resist it's stab. That or HP Electric.

Okay, so keep HP grass? Maybe electric, because I don't have any electric type coverage except t-wave.

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
HP Dark is horrible for Politoed, and often a horrible HP in general. HP Grass lets Politoed hit the water types that can resist it's stab. That or HP Electric. So stick with HP Grass or use HP Electric, they're better than HP Dark by a longshot. Also, you need descriptions for your pokes.
Okay thanks for making me feel bad. It's not a bad HP in general.
For Dragonite try replacing brick break with Dragon Pulse.

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
Why Brick Break on Dragonite?
It has a -Atk nature, and Brick Break isn't a strong move anyway without STAB.
If you want a Fighting move on Dragonite, try Focus Blast :)

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Why Brick Break on Dragonite?
It has a -Atk nature, and Brick Break isn't a strong move anyway without STAB.
If you want a Fighting move on Dragonite, try Focus Blast :)

Alright, so I could have focus blast or dragon pulse. Which one? I know dragon pulse has STAB, but fighting would be good coverage.

Infectious

<('-'<)
Okay thanks for making me feel bad. It's not a bad HP in general.
For Dragonite try replacing brick break with Dragon Pulse.

Well I gave reasoning as to why HP Dark is a bad HP type for Politoed, so idk why you feel bad. I haven't seen one poke EFFECTIVELY abuse HP Dark, since there are better HP's most of the time.

HP Electric is probably best on Politoed since you already have two grass types and Electric lets you counter Gyarados.

Get rid of Brick Break for either Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor or Surf on Dragonite. Brick Break only does about 25% to Ferrothorn which Hurrican will hit harder, and Surf will do well against Heatran / Tyranitar.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
HP Electric is probably best on Politoed since you already have two grass types and Electric lets you counter Gyarados.

Get rid of Brick Break for either Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor or Surf on Dragonite. Brick Break only does about 25% to Ferrothorn which Hurrican will hit harder, and Surf will do well against Heatran / Tyranitar.

The only thing I'm worried about with dragon pulse and draco meteor is it's accuracy. I think it's in the 90's and so it misses more often. But I'm definitely getting rid of brick break.

Dragon Pulse has 100% accuracy and Draco Meteor's 90% is still fine. Its better than Brick Break..

Surf also can work.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Dragon Pulse has 100% accuracy and Draco Meteor's 90% is still fine. Its better than Brick Break..

Surf also can work.

I think I'll go with dragon pulse as I already have water type coverage in Dragonite.

AnnoyingRedHead

I may have a strange Frosslas but it has thunder and blizzard and is faster than your entire team with the life orb it could possibly one shot your entire team but ferrothorn.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
I may have a strange Frosslas but it has thunder and blizzard and is faster than your entire team with the life orb it could possibly one shot your entire team but ferrothorn.

I guess the team's weakness to ice may be a problem.....

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
Your team is very susceptible to ice attacks. But a simple shadow ball will kill frosslass.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
Your team is very susceptible to ice attacks. But a simple shadow ball will kill frosslass.

True. But do I need to add a fire type just in case?

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
It would help. Azelf/Gengar would be good since they can learn Fire moves, Psychic moves, and Shadow Ball. Or just add HP Fire to someone. It's your call.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
What move would I replace for someone to learn HP fire? Not Politoed's cause I'm going to change that to HP electric.