• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random team generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotBoris

Hi, I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this or not...

I recently coded up this pokemon team generator for some C# practice.
[IMG200]http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5267/screenru6.png[/IMG200]
larger image, Download - 571KB, Alternate download link

I thought it might be useful to someone here, though probably only if you are creating a fan fic and need a random team for a character of the day. It covers the four main regional pokedexs and their national counterparts as well as being somewhat forward compatible for two more regions/generations (non cannon dexes are also usable)

Last edited:

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
Hey this is cool. Thanks! PM it to me, would ya? thanks!

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
That's pretty cool... I try in vain to do any sort of coding... apparently I'm a error magnet... I'd love to make some game website that totally skools neopia... which has gone to hell since MTV obtained it... MTV incidently is owned by Disney... as are Buena Vista and Nicklodeon, that way they have a giant front for anything that isn't disney's family friendly bratty preteen girl series... Meh, rammbleing... Anyways I bet some of the fanfic writers will put this too good use...

KetchupO

tωisted
wow, this could be very helpful ^^

Jackson

I might us it for a few people in my comic.. Cool thank you!

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
heck i would use this to randomly generate teams to run through games

but thats really awesome that you coded it unfortunately im outta practice, but hey just so u know ur download link isnt working for me

NotBoris

Thanks guys.
The link does work, it's just that with rapidshare you have to scroll down, click another link, then wait a minute for the download link.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
It looks cool, nice job, this could help some people.

NotBoris

Well, the primary purpose was to give me something to program. It did this, it was fun.

Secondary purpose - it's basically a random number generator with pokemon. Anyone wanting to challenge themselves with a team that they may not otherwise choose could use this as a selection method. If you write a pokemon fanfic, however you have to come up with numerous teams and some random encounters and I have seen at least one person (on a power ranger forum) asking for readers to suggest teams for gym leaders rather than choosing them himself.

Admittedly this isn't overly useful for most people, but there is a niche for it.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Wow, this is a pretty nifty program. It's nice to know people out there can be bothered to program every pointless little thing there that exists.

That's no insult, by the way, I'm a big fan of pointless things.

EDIT part 1: This pretty much eliminates the use of the scramble challenge.
EDIT part 2: I don't think the link does work, only a white screen comes up.

Last edited:

Aviano

I dropped my balls
Should I ever get the urge to look at 6 Random Pokemon, I'll use your program.

that or Shoddy, because Shoddy has a random team builder too ;/

fuzyfuz

Child safety much?
W0w that is very cool. THanks, It will be helpful...

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Hey thanks for the link, but can someone give me step-to-step directions on how to download it? I've already downloaded it, but it won't open, so if anyone knows what's wrong and could help me, please PM me. Thanks

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Hey thanks for the link, but can someone give me step-to-step directions on how to download it? I've already downloaded it, but it won't open, so if anyone knows what's wrong and could help me, please PM me. Thanks

SwiftEdge

Pyromancer
Wow. That;s some pretty nifty coding. I'll probably use it to make teams that I'll train. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.