• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Random Wifi Nicknames

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Why is it that sometimes you see pokemon nicknames and sometimes you don't? Any reason behind this?

pinkerdroit

oishii desu ne
It means that the nicknamed pokémon is hacked. Unhacked pokémon will always show up with their default species name on random wifi battles.

Well, except Japanese Pokemon. I got some Legends that are in Japanese. The names didn't change, because I got them from the GTS.

pinkerdroit

oishii desu ne
Well, except Japanese Pokemon. I got some Legends that are in Japanese. The names didn't change, because I got them from the GTS.

Yeah.. though it's not just Japanese, all languages will keep their specific default name. I've ran into some German pokémon as well on wifi.. and probably some others :p

Arande

MUSTEFLOT, go! XD I've probably mentioned my shiny French floatzel.

And yeah, nicknames are supposed to be reverted to default as part of their censor thing (Just like default catch phrases are used) If you still see some nickname, it's sav'd.

On the other hand, you can also use this to see if pokes are hacked, assuming the ones in question are nicknamed.

mew..

What do you want?
actually, when i downloaded my 100% legit shiftry with a nickname, it kept it.
i haven't sed it in battle, so i don't know if it will keep it. is it supposed to get rid of the nickname in battle, or just not keep it at all?(i can see the nicknames on the summary screen, but haven't used them in batlle yet)

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
Nicknames shouldn't show up in wifi at all. If they do, it's a hax0r or a glitch.
Foreign (Frech, German, Japanese, etc.) names should show up, though, unless they're fake itself...
i.e. KNACKRACK (German garchomp)

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Ah, makes sense.. I thought those pokemon were too strong to be true XD

Arande

It's only random wifi that the names are reverted to default. Nicknames appear as normal in storage, colliseum, and friend battles.

mew..

What do you want?
oh. didn't know that. i thought the names couldn't appear in storage.
thans for clearing that up for me.

PokeSav Will kill the WiFi eventully.. But before that, may as well enjoy it XD

I'm probably a noob for asking this, but can you play Colluseum Mode with your D/P Party? (No, I don't own the game, and intrested in getting it. But I'll be dissapointed if i can't :()

Oh, and Hacked Pokemon Suck. PokeSav'rs Phail.

mew..

What do you want?
yes. you can use yor dp team on the colloseums (except the first one, where you have to use the stinkin rental pass, but it it very easy)

yes hacked pokemon are bad, so we might as well have some fun before wi-fi c=gets corrupted. >.>