• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ranger 1 Help Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11515

If you need help with Ranger 1, simply post here.
This should do away with some of the topics..

PurpleMew

no promises
Can someone help me catch flygon i'm stuck

I've caught the 2 kingra and samalence and have to catch flygon and charizard but team go-go rock are in the way of charizrd so i have to catch flygon

Thanks ~PurpleMew~

Jimbobson

Piplup Master
I think Flygon is probably the easiest one (out of Charizard, Salamence)
Just keep trying to circle it VERY fast when it has just used a move (because it usually takes a while to launch another attack) you need to be quite fast though.

Garmmon

FUN :D
Use Shedinja's (found near the ruins) Ghost assist to have an easy time.
The hard part for me is chasing Mew down. But once you get to him he's not too difficult. Just don't wait too long or he'll escape.

Garmmon

FUN :D
Thanks is the ruins were the pyramid is
That's the part near where you entered to do the 4 challenges (Salamence, Flygon, etc). Shedinja can dissolve into places you can't reach though, so you might have to wait for it to come out.
You can try Bug Assist, but for me it isn't nearly as good.

PurpleMew

no promises
That's the part near where you entered to do the 4 challenges (Salamence, Flygon, etc). Shedinja can dissolve into places you can't reach though, so you might have to wait for it to come out.
You can try Bug Assist, but for me it isn't nearly as good.

Thanks i completed it this morning

Flamer

I was just wondering, after you've beaten the legandary dogs, can you go back and recapture them and use them to help you complete mission etc, (like with normal pokemon) or are they gone? And whatever the answer is, does it apply to all legandarys?

Draknir

Fear the Deer
No you cannot get them like normal pokemon, but you can capture them again, but they won't stay. There are only 12 Legendaries(Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Deoxys, Celebi, and Mew), and only 3 can be captured multiple times(Regirock, Regice, and Registeel). Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are the only ones who cannot be recaptured.

Flamer

Another question; if you start a new file, will you be able to get another Manaphy egg?

i am kind of a newb in ranger so can someone give me advice on catching muk and the 2 grimer i have caught meditite and magnemite along with my partner minun but the sludge behind muk and grimer prevent me from getting them along with their once in five seconds sludge bomb

Zigzagoon_Fan

I rented Ranger and I want to return it to GameFly.com soon (I've had it for about two weeks now) and I am stuck on the part where you are facing THREE Geodudes (when you have to try to clear the trail cave between the two towns) . I've got two poliwags, but I'm not very good at trying to create the bubbles to trap them. I need to get past this level, but I am about ready to give up. I'm a level 5 ranger. I just really want to get this part won so I can send this game back.

edit: Never mind. I mailed it back to Gamefly today. I just could not get past that mission. If it weren't for those stupid Geodude, I probably would have been on Level 6 when I sent it back, rather than Level 5.

Last edited:

Ward_Point

Pokemaniac
I need some help for the Charizard. I just can't seem to time my circles between the Fires or use Pluse's Zap to paralyse it... Any help?

MaskedManAbsolkid

i am kind of a newb in ranger so can someone give me advice on catching muk and the 2 grimer i have caught meditite and magnemite along with my partner minun but the sludge behind muk and grimer prevent me from getting them along with their once in five seconds sludge bomb

Not sure if you still need help on this, but use Minun when they're separated. Circle one of them to capture it, and if you can, try to circle another one.

I rented Ranger and I want to return it to GameFly.com soon (I've had it for about two weeks now) and I am stuck on the part where you are facing THREE Geodudes (when you have to try to clear the trail cave between the two towns) . I've got two poliwags, but I'm not very good at trying to create the bubbles to trap them. I need to get past this level, but I am about ready to give up. I'm a level 5 ranger. I just really want to get this part won so I can send this game back.

edit: Never mind. I mailed it back to Gamefly today. I just could not get past that mission. If it weren't for those stupid Geodude, I probably would have been on Level 6 when I sent it back, rather than Level 5.

If you ever get the game again, this one can take ages, but try to do it when they've split up. It gets easier after then.

I need some help for the Charizard. I just can't seem to time my circles between the Fires or use Pluse's Zap to paralyse it... Any help?

Charizard is very hard to do, but I'd suggest doing small circles around Charizard very quickly. It might work then.

I need help with Salamance. It's quite difficult trying to circle a moving target 22 times when Pichu can't even stun him D:

Any advice?

Circle it quickly when it rises in the air. You shoud have enough time before it slams into the ground.

I also need help. I'm up to the part with Steelix, and I can't do it. How can I capture it? I use Minun to stun it when it's going round in circles then I use Medicham, but the line won't go round it fully. Alternatively, I use Sneasel first to extend the line, then use Minun to stun it, but it moves before I can circle it all the way.

Streak

Legendary Beater
I beat steelix by waiting until it moves to the center and moves in a circle then use medicham or snaesel and stay on the edge of the touch screen.

Streak

Legendary Beater
no prob i can help with any part. I beat it 2 times and its still fun.