• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ranger [All Incarnations] Recent Happenings Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Ok well to continue on my quest to obtain the best rank on captures (the S rank) I continued through the island with the boss Pokemon and challenged the remaining ones. There were only a few with A ranks, and that included Yanmega and Scyther. Funny thing, I noticed that if you capture Pokemon with the charged stlyer, their ranking almost always registers as S. I just found out, I could've used the time more wisely in the past. I confronted Latios and Ditto last. Both are the hardest to capture in my opinion, even with a multitude of assists at your disposal.

Latios was hard because it started zooming around the screen so the loops didn't make contact. In the air the first time, the line didn't break but on land it's a serious problem. Then it started firing it's light balls then it combined it's zooming with balls of light! It was hard to evade them and charge the styler. I had to otherwise I wouldn't have gotten an S rank. I used Pichu's assist when Latios got made. It reduced it's HP bar and paralyzed it for a few seconds. However, it was half way through the screen so I couldn't capture it in the loops. Kind of a waste of an assist too.

After I managed to nab it with the right ranking score, I went up then south to Ditto's little patch of land. I met it and challenged it. Too be honest, it was the worst Pokemon to capture the first time around since it transforms into the Beasts every 30 seconds or so. I had problems with Raikou and Entei since they have a wide range of attack. I used Metagross's assist on Entei, but Entei turned around and blasted fire through half of the screen, scaring Metagross off. Suicune, it's last transformation was a harder one. It's ice pillars and water fountains made it really hard, only Pichu managed to reach it. Finally got the S ranks on all the Bosses!

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
Defeated Mewtwo yesterday, its not that hard but very annoying with his energy balls and rotating beams. Also defeated the 3 birds, only Articuno was easy because the other 2 are so fast!

Lorde

Ok I downloaded the Heatran and Shaymin missions via Wi-Fi but I'v been neglecting to update on them. Long story short, they're super easy which is upsetting. I wanted a real challenge but I was very disappointed. I did the Heatran one first. It involved Heatran on the volcanic island. I forget what it's called though. Anyway I arrive with Murph and we stopped it on the island though it just casually walked away as if everything was cool. I decided to pursue it but first I decided to collect some "insurance". I did that by capturing Pokemon with strong assists to help me with the mission.

Donphan and Weezing were nearby so both came in handy. And there were Pikachu running around for some reason so I captured one to recharge by styler just incase it got lowered down by Heatran. Saw Heatran again, it went deep into the island. Following it and captured a Shelgon along the way since it's Dragon Assist has a great range and Heatran could have been a problem. Meet Heatran and challenged it. It wasn't hard, except that it made giant pools of lava that I had to avoid. Pichu's assist came in handy moreso than the others. Captured it with an S rank!! Sent it to SoulSilver too :)

kim12

Otaku
I just beat the Heatran quest, but I am disappointed that there's only quiet nature... I hope Shaymin is not single natured as well...

Lorde

Did the Shaymin mission next, I hadn't wanted to try it out, I was saving it for a "rainy day" lol. Basically I wanted to play it later on so that I could have something to look forward to. I don't know if you can play the mission again. It started with one of the girl character's getting scared when she heard something following her. Then it turned out to be a Shaymin. I had to follow the Shaymin into the jungle area but it was hidden to look like a flower. I had to capture some Pokemon for their Assists then I checked each flower. Found it but it ran into the flower garden. Went on Suicune and captured it's Land Forme.

Then those Nappers interfered and it changed to Sky Forme. They went to the sky and so did I. I meet them up their and then they turned on me as usual; with their flying machine's laser beams. I had a lot of trouble with them, the first round of attacks were avoidable but as the attack continued, I got hit and received heavy damage. Finally I beat them and Shaymin Sky Forme attacked me. It was fairly easy to capture it, even easier than the Land Forme. I caught it and the mission was resolved. I was able to send it to a game of my choice. I chose Soul Silver :)

Lorde

Recently started replaying the old Ranger game (The original). The storyline is bland in my opinion compared to the other Ranger titles but I decided I wanted to complete the Browser. It was a used copy so I started out in Summerland and I had to get the missing part for the submarine-machine that takes you north to Wintown and the cave before it. I had to capture a Gyarados and some Magikarp before I got the missing piece of the submarine. I used no my partner's assist and it went off without a hitch! Finished the mission and they fixed the submarine and I got to ride it to the Panula Cave.

Met up with Chris and then I explored to cave capturing several new Pokemon to reach the goal of completing the Browser. At about half way through I had to awaken the sleeping Steelix that was on the way and soon after I had to engage it in battle once more (I've done so before). It really is a beast to capture, almost as hard as Rayquaza. Fighting Asisst really helped me this time and I captured it after some clever thinking and fast movements. I met up with Elita in Wintown and she explained some things. I decided I wanted to take a break before the next mission so I saved.

serebiifreak

...BRING IT!!!
Beat the game. =D yeah!

Trying to S rank everything, the only problem is I can't S rank a Tyranitar and Ambipom, since I have to complete the missions in the past to unlock the doors. =/
Even worse I am only at the Fire Temple. >.<

R_N

I beat the game the other day, completed the remaining side quests today as well as capturing all the Pokemon. I also S ranked all the non-past-door Pokemon. Sadly I need to get to unlock those doors if I want to get the final upgrade for my styler (the final health upgrade). I was really hoping that I would get a point bonus for getting all the Pokemon. Tieing the point bonus to the unrelated mission is kind of mean.

Fun fact: If you complete all the missions, all the quests, and S rank all the Pokemon you will have one (1) Ranger Point left over.

Also, despite no doubt being the hardest boss Pokemon I faced, I somehow S ranked Ditto my first time against it despite the amount of damage and time and "failed" assists. The game can be kind of weird, sometimes; I managed to at least A rank most every non-boss pre-charger and managed to S rank most of the bosses (only Raikou, Latios, Scizor, & Yanmega needed to be refought for me. Even Lugia took only the first try.) first go. But then I didn't S rank Pichu (it was a B every time I fought one previously) until the post-game quest. Baffling!

I quite enjoyed this game. The opening was a bit slow, and I hated the avalanche portions of that one mountain, but overall pretty great. Everything about it was nice.

Oh! Right. I'm doing past missions now for those doors. It's fun but...well I wish it would scale down depending on the amount of players. I'm the only one I know with the game...I can tell this will get overly hard in a hurry. It's kind of a kick in the face that your Present Styler bonuses don't care over, but I guess it makes sense balance-wise. As annoying as it is.

Illusione-Tempus

benny_1999 said:
I've now got my browser full and i captured Lugia. I did 26hours for it.

Lol, is that much or not?

Er, no. I defeated the game up until Lugia, get all the Pokemon at rank S captures (except Ambipom) and fully upgraded my Styler in 24 hours.

Ain't that much or not? 8D

Snowyarticuno said:
Fun fact: If you complete all the missions, all the quests, and S rank all the Pokemon you will have one (1) Ranger Point left over.

I know. The game gives you quests which gives you points ending in 0s or 5s. And 301 Pokemon makes it that if you managed to rank S all of them you'll still keep an extra point.

I quite enjoyed this game. The opening was a bit slow, and I hated the avalanche portions of that one mountain, but overall pretty great. Everything about it was nice.

I agree with you too. And yes, the avalanche part of Mt Sorbelos is annoying.

Comments in bold.

Anyway, I spend the past few days at Guardian Signs. Defeated almost everything except the past missions. Just defeated the Forest Temple... I wonder if I could reach the spot I was at my Japanese version in my English version alone, since I managed to get there alone. At least my styler's fully upgraded, I'll just need to finish the Fire Temple for a S Rank browser. Wonder what'll happen if I finish it.

EDIT: Just finished the Fire Temple. My S Rank browser is complete in 26:05 playtime... Erm... where to go now?

Last edited:

Lorde

I've been playing the old Ranger game again, simply because I got back into the Ranger games, but didn't want to buy Guardian Signs since I have the Japanese version. Anyway, I had imported a used Japanese Ranger 1 game that came with the Manaphy mission unlocked, but never played so I picked that up and played the mission to pass the time. I started out chasing the Go-Rock Squad around the Lyra Forest after they jumped Professor Hastings and took his Manaphy Egg. The mission itself was easy, I just forgot how to navigate on the old Ranger games since I was a bit rusty haha. Captured the necessary Pokemon and got the Manaphy Egg back from those terrible Go-Rock Squad guys and ended the mission. When I started the game over and went to the Ranger Net menu, I found the Manaphy Egg sitting there waiting to be transferred. I think I'll transfer it to Diamond, then hatch it, then Poke-shift Manaphy to White version :)

Last edited:

R_N

Ugh, I don't think I could ever go back to the original Ranger. The feelings bar and various misc changes were for the best of the series and the original Ranger's gameplay could be a lesson in annoyance and frustration.

Illusione-Tempus

Snowyarticuno said:
Ugh, I don't think I could ever go back to the original Ranger. The feelings bar and various misc changes were for the best of the series and the original Ranger's gameplay could be a lesson in annoyance and frustration.

I agree with you, the original is annoying and frustrating. And somehow, I actually wondered how I beat the whole storyline of that game... Salamance was a pain with 22 loops to finish the capture and I can't loop that fast 2 years ago... Charizard was really hard because of the flames it summoned. Steelix was just... brutal with the body damage. Rayquaza... I feel like I can't even finish the capture without getting my Styler down to gray bars (I think)...

Anyway, I managed to get Drapion's slate after a lot of tries at the temple... Don't think about how annoyed I was since I hate Totodiles and they keep on appearing in front of my screen whenever I ranked-S that mission... Oh, and Sandslash's slate to boot.

Lorde

Just recently decided to play through some of the other missions on Ranger 1. I used the English version though, since the Japanese version only had the Manaphy Mission at this point. I played the Mew Mission first, since it's always been the hardest for me to beat for some reason. I started out in the Ranger Base, had to go to the Olive Jungle, and then saw Mew floating around and I had to chase it, without scaring it since it would just float away when startled. Great. Captured some Pokemon like Beautifly, Manectric, Ariados, and Spinarak and then went north towards the ruins to capture a Shedinja since they make capturing Mew easier. Finally captured one then sort of ran around looking for Mew. Got lucky and got to it without scaring it off and proceeded to capture it with a Ghost Assist. It barely worked but I was able to end that mission without too much difficulty. Too bad we don't get to keep the Mew ;_;

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
You know, I just got Guardian Signs, and I have to say, wow. I love all the gamplay. Flying and chases are amazing. And the water graphics are the pure essence of win. The water is the second best graphics I have ever seen! No joke. All the backround images are really well done, also.

Lorde

I decided to play the Celebi mission in my old Ranger 1 game since I had nothing else to do to pass the time. I started the mission and had to drag Murph from the Ranger Base with me to stop Team Go-Rock from taking the Celebi in Lyra Forest after they went ahead and woke it up. I had to navigate through the forest and I had to capture Pokemon like Pinsir to break a few fences that were in the way. I captured all the other Pokemon that were in the way and cornered Celebi but it flew off somewhere. I had to carefully approach it from behind and I finally managed to challenge it. It was pretty easy to capture it since it doesn't take too many loops and then the mission ended with me and Murph having saved the Celebi. Pretty standard stuff and a nice way to kill 5 minutes.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Woah, nobody's been here for a long time. O__o

Well, I got Guardian Signs for Christmas. I played through most of the game in about a week, saving last right outside the door to the final battle with Mewtwo.

I had planned to beat Mewtwo soon after, but I kinda forgot about the game, so I've been saved at the last boss for nearly two months. I decided to finally pick up the game again today. Catching Mewtwo for the first time wasn't too bad, especially when he wasn't surrounded by anything. The second time, though, it was much more difficult because of that...cloud thing that surrounded him. I ended up taking a lot of damage from that, since it's really hard for me to circle Pokemon using really large loops. I did eventually catch him, and got an S rank on it both times.

After that, I watched the credits and started up again. I cleared a couple of missions, then tracked down the legendary birds in the sky. I think I'll catch them soon, if I feel like it.