• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ranger Device - Possible information

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPikachu

Chu Chu Chu
Having come across a manga scan i noticed this - http://www.pikachusden.net/dazstuff/rangerpic.jpg

Now correct me im wrong but that is the female Pokémon Ranger trainer, and she appears to be using some sort of 'Beyblade' style device o.o. Could this be something used in the game?

make of it what you will

PiP

Last edited:

-Koumori-

It looks like a Beyblade-like device to me, as well. Perhaps it's used as a distraction to keep angered wild Pokemon from chasing someone, or to calm them down? That other device she used looked like some sort of analyzer.

daksunt

this is a beyblade. i cant believe that nintendo made a device that has a spinning thing. beyblade werakens the pokemon so you can capture it. i wish that that device had nice abilities like seeing the world map and do something special and see your missions call anyone do something.

GonbeTR

Banned
No, why Pokemon need to steal Beyblade??? Pokemon must be original, not the copy of beyblade!!!

JazzJazz

daksunt said:
this is a beyblade. i cant believe that nintendo made a device that has a spinning thing.

There's no confirmation about what that thing is or what it does yet... don't go jumping to conclusions just yet.

JazzJazz

Bandana Guy Dale said:
Are you sure its not fake?

I don't think that PiPikachu is the kind of person who'd be fooled by a fake, you can take it as legitimate...

JazzJazz

Mewbiraxys said:
Its just the manga. It may be different in the movie and game.

Indeed it could be, but given how we haven't been given much information about any of the upcoming games we are forced to take what we can get...

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
o.o; Thats pretty crazy...I didn't even know they were making the Ranger (saga?) manga yet..

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
^There isnt.This manga is called.......Damn I forgot the name but this is based on the anime but I didnt know that manga writers know bout stuff before the whole world does!

Coronis

In lucid awakening
*Copy from my post in the manga section*

The manga you're talking about, I believe, is one of the chapters of the manga Satoshi & Pikachu (Ash & Pikachu) by Takashi Tenshirogi, which is running in the side volume of the Corocoro magazine.

You can find the few scans of this chapter here, which also includes various other scans of Mysterious Dungeon info from Corocoro or Famitsu. The particular scans for this manga are 1, 2, 3, and 4

Onto the manga plot here, it basically describes how Ash and co. get their roads blocked by a massive outgrowth of thorns, and Pikachu somehow wanders into the forest behind it. While Ash is trying to get past the thorns, a Pokemon Ranger, named Hinata according to the scan, stops him but eventually agrees to help him.

It is revealed that the role of Pokemon Rangers are to tend to natural disasters or various other troubles with the wild life, and they work by 'lending' the wild pokemons' strengths.

The walkie talkie like machine Hinata holds (and so does the male Ranger lead from the official artwork) is called a Capture Styler, which after locating the approprite pokemon to seak help from, sends out a spinner to encircle the pokemon, and give off some sort of aura to 'capture' it. The Ranger will then be able to command the wild pokemon and 'lend' their attacks for various purposes.

Now, this 'capture' is different from what we conventionally deem capture is. In Japanese, whenever someone captures a pokemon with a pokeball, the action is called 'get'. In the manga, Brock explains that 'capture' is different from 'get', in the sense that the Ranger does not own the pokemon but is only able to gain command over its attacks. I wonder how the term 'capture' will be translated when the English releases of the game come out.

Back to the plot, after 'lending' the wild Linoones' slash to break the thorns, Ash and co. progress on to find Pikachu, but the Ranger mentions that she is actually there to investigate the thorns, and she believes that it is created by Celebi, which does that whenever it feels endangered.

So, if this manga does reflect how the true Ranger game is gonna be, there are a few things that can be concluded:
1) The Pokemon Rangers 'capture' wild pokemons but not 'get' them, so I guess battling might be out of the picture (Hinata does own a Plusle in the manga though)
2) Most likely the game will be task-oriented rather than battle oriented, as suggested by the job nature of the Rangers
3) There is a remote chance that Celebi will be one of the main focus in the game

Of course, we still don't know how true this manga reflects the game, as all manga tend to take their own liberty in creating plots.

Coronis~

Kiyohime

Still, you have to admit it's really intriguing how that device's so similiar to a Beyblade mechanism. It's not so much the top as it's that long rod (in Beyblade, the players used that long zipper-like rod to launch the Beyblades) unless I'm mistaken and it's something entirely different. o.o;;

EDIT: Never mind, I'm an idiot. That's a walkie-talkie antenna. XD

daksunt

my idea has changed a little but the beyblade thing should be different. the new "capture" pokemon interesting

JazzJazz

Pokemaníaco Desesperado said:
Well, now pokémon are more mind controlled than ever.

"Mind controlled"? Where did you get this from? Just wait until we have more concrete information about this game before you jump to any conclusions...

Pokemaníaco Desesperado

Normal Coordinator
JazzJazz said:
"Mind controlled"? Where did you get this from? Just wait until we have more concrete information about this game before you jump to any conclusions...
The walkie talkie like machine Hinata holds (and so does the male Ranger lead from the official artwork) is called a Capture Styler, which after locating the approprite pokemon to seak help from, sends out a spinner to encircle the pokemon, and give off some sort of aura to 'capture' it. The Ranger will then be able to command the wild pokemon and 'lend' their attacks for various purposes.
And how do you call that?

JazzJazz

Pokemaníaco Desesperado said:
And how do you call that?

It doesn't seem like mind control, it seems like a form of capturing a pokemon similar to a pokeball... both allow you to command a pokemon.

Pokemaníaco Desesperado

Normal Coordinator
Yeah, but when you 'get' a pokemon it obeys because you are its trainer and its life depends on you, but when you 'catch' it it doesn't have any reason to abey you -but 'mind control' or something by the way.

JazzJazz

With the new information on "capturing" pokemon that Serebii posted, I guess it's confirmed that this Beyblade-like thing is used to temporarily control pokemon. I think it's clever how the touch screen will be used by the player in order to facilitate this, but I hope that it doesn't get too frustrating or repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.