• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ranger Generation V game?

Pilpulp

美的
OMG, I just had a great idea for the Gen V Ranger game! They should let you transfer your Pokemon from HeartGold, SoulSilver, Diamond, Pearl, Black, or White to be your partner! I've ALWAYS wanted Typhlosion to be my partner Pokemon! But of course, they should include the option of bringing the Pokemon back, too :D.

Letting you use a typhlosion at the start is too OP. Maybe post-game

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Post people! Ranger games are just as important as the main games! >: (

They are indeed, I love the Ranger series. However, I think it's run it's course and should just let be now. Like I said, I loved the games. But let's not ruin the series by making an awful 4th game. Unless it's really good, I don't want to see another Ranger game and just enjoy the ones we have.

Also, I don't think there will be another Ranger game because I think Conquest replaced it. But I base that on nothing but pure opinion.

Izanagi

'Sup!
If their is going to be a Generation V's Pokemon Ranger they really do need to make different because by the third I felt that I have seen it all before moreso than the main-series games.

Mitzi

L'Etat c'est moi
I don't think a Gen V game is really necessary, especially at this point in time. Guardian Signs kind of blew it for the series, and I don't think a new installment should follow in it's footsteps.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Hmm, well if they do make one, I hope it isn't too much like Guardian Signs, don't get me wrong, I loved it but it didn't feel like a genuine Ranger game.
I hope though that they implemented the multiple starter thingy like in SOA and Guardian Signs Past, though with each of them having a personality, like having to capture the illusions of a Zorua because of it's mischievus personality.

Sokka

D: I really wish they would make a new one. I have loved all the ones so far.

:D Ranger 2 has to be my favorite though. Although I did not like the signs used to called legendaries .__. Some were too confusing -_-

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
That'd be nice. It's a pretty nice concept and I can't see why shouldn't there be a new Pokemon Ranger game 5th gen version.

SuperPichu

Pokémon!
I really hope they make another Ranger! I love the Ranger series, especially Guardian Signs (go Ukulele Pichu!)! I would order a Gen 5 Ranger game online the day it comes out. I'd so not wait for it to come to my country. I personally think that Minccino would be a good Partner. But what I really want is them to have one starter for every type like in Shadows of Almia. Here's what I'd personally like the partners to be. Normal: Minccino. Grass: Snivy. Fire: Tepig. Water: Oshawott. Electric: Emolga/Blitzle. Flying: Pidove. Dark: Zorua. Ghost: Yamask/Litwick. Rock: Roggenrola. Steel: Pawniard. Posion: Venipede/Trubbish. Fighting: Timburr/Scraggy/Mienfoo. Ground: Drilbur. Psychic: Munna. Bug: Sewaddle. Ice: Cubchoo/Vanillite. Dragon: Axew.

Firebrand

Indomitable
It would be nice, but probably not. I think Conquest has filled the spin-off spot.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
After Guardian Signs in all its mediocrity, I'm convinced that the only reason for Ranger's existence is for distributing event Pokemon through Ranger Net. So yeah, I guess, but only if they give us something good that we don't already have (at least one of Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, and Deoxys is a must).

I've been replaying Guardian Signs lately, and my opinion of the game has definitely changed. I was originally upset with Guardian Signs for being too easy and feeling a bit too similar to Shadows of Almia (maybe it's because they're both 4th gen games released a year apart), but recently I realized that Guardian Signs did give us some innovation (riding legendaries, flying sections).

Anyway, I think if they're going to make a 5th gen Ranger game, they need to do it soon, because 5th gen is likely ending soon. Luckily, Mystery Dungeon and Ranger games tend to release around the same time (within a few months of each other), so if that's anything to go by, a new Ranger game should be right around the corner. I do think they should innovate a little more this time, though, I don't want the next Ranger game to feel as stale as I initially though Guardian Signs to be.

And you know what would be awesome further down the road (maybe 6th gen)? A Ranger game on the Wii U. Aside from the usual menu setup, the Wii U controller could be used to scan certain obstacles and Pokemon, and during battle could be used to aim Poke Assists.

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
Personally, I think a Wii U Ranger game is a near-certainty, perhaps filling a similar place in the lineup to the original Ranger as a late 5th gen title with a special connection to the 6th gen games for an event Pokemon.