• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rank Ash Pokemon

you can use these parameters that i used :

2P - 2.5P = Basic Level

2.6P - 2.8P = Level comparable to GYM LEADER

2.9P - 3.2P = Level between GYM LEADER and FRONTIER BRAIN

3.3P - 3.7P = Level comparable to FRONTIER BRAIN

3.8P - 4.2P = Level comparable to ELITE FOUR

4.3P - 4.7P = Level comparable to CHAMPION

my-image-1.png

LINK ->https://tiermaker.com/create/ash-pokemon-gen-1-8-147611

Peakachu
Champion Tier: Charizard, Sceptile, Incineroar, Dragonite, Snorlax, Naganadel
Elite 4 Tier: Greninja, Infernape
Frontier Brain Tier: Lucario, Swellow, Lycanroc, Torterra, Bulbasaur, Melmetal, Dracovish
Gym-Leader Frontier Brain Tier: Krookodile, Donphan, Glalie, Hawlucha, Gliscor, Corphish, Pignite, Heracross, Talonflame, Squirtle, Gible, Tauros, Torkoal, Lapras, Rowlet
Gym Leader Tier: Quilava, Buizel, Bayleef, Staraptor, Leavanny, Noctowl, Sirfetch'd, Kingler, Palpitoad, Totodile, Gengar, Muk, Primeape
Basic Tier: Goodra, Boldore, Scraggy, Noivern, Unfezant, Snivy, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Oshawott
Left to right is best to worst in each tier

RafaSceptile

It's not Lucario, it's Mega Lucario, and why is Staraptor so high?

Lol Swellow and Corpish the goat's
Imo Lucario still needs a bigger feat to be in E4 tier.
Staraptor was the DP Pokémon with the best performance in the series after Infernape and Pikachu.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Lower Champion: Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja, Dragonite, Dracovish

Upper E4: Snorlax, Krookodile, Incineroar, Naganadel, Lucario

Lower E4: Bulbasaur, Heracross, Swellow, Gliscor, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Goodra, Lycanroc, Melmetal, Gengar, Sirfetch'd

Upper GL: Squirtle, Quilava, Torkoal, Glalie, Staraptor, Torterra, Buizel, Pignite, Leavanny, Noivern, Rowlet

Lower GL: the rest

I'm very generous, especially with Team Journeys.

Last edited:
Peakachu
Frontier Brain Tier: Lucario, Swellow, Lycanroc, Torterra, Bulbasaur, Melmetal, Dracovish
Gym-Leader Frontier Brain Tier: Krookodile, Donphan, Glalie, Hawlucha, Gliscor, Corphish, Pignite, Heracross, Talonflame, Squirtle, Gible, Tauros, Torkoal, Lapras, Rowlet
Gym Leader Tier: Quilava, Buizel, Bayleef, Staraptor, Leavanny, Noctowl, Sirfetch'd, Kingler, Palpitoad, Totodile, Gengar, Muk, Primeape
Basic Tier: Goodra, Boldore, Scraggy, Noivern, Unfezant, Snivy, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Oshawott
Explanations for each Pokemon:
I’m switching Butterfree and Oshawott because I was too harsh on Oshawott and Oshawott has wins unlike Butterfree. Then again you only had like two official gym battles, we hardly knew thee.
Basic:
Butterfree: Didn’t battle enough and only battled against the second gym leader’s Pokemon
Oshawott: Lost to a Herdier after the league. Only impressive wins were against Cilan’s Pansage and Clay’s Krokorok, which was his weakest Pokemon
Pidgeot: No wins but did good against Giovanni (even though they were controlled by TRio)
Snivy: Most impressive win against Clay’s Palpitoad. Did well against Cameron’s Riolu/Lucario but lost.
Unfezant: Won against Skyla’s ace (Unfezant)
Noivern: Won against Alain’s Metang who jobbed to Pikachu later on as a Metagross, but that’s its only win. Drawer against Sawyers Salamance and lost against Alain’s Weavile (that’s on Ash though)
Scraggy: Did well against Brycen and that’s about it
Boldore: Beat Clay’s ace
Goodra: Only win was against Clemonts Luxray. Tied against Sawyers Slurpuff but lost in an embarrassing fashion to Alain’s Bisharp

Last edited:

pickapika

It's not Lucario, it's Mega Lucario, and why is Staraptor so high?

Lol Swellow and Corpish the goat's
Staraptor can probably be scaled above honchkrow based on how much damage it absorbed during the pokeringer. We shouldn't conflate how well ash uses the mon with how viable it actually is(cough torterra cough). Only mon a tier lower who I think's clearly stronger are gliscor and the wilderbeast. Kingler maybe should be in the same tier or higher if we assume the general league strength was roughly the same in sinnoh and kanto.
Imo Lucario still needs a bigger feat to be in E4 tier.
Staraptor was the DP Pokémon with the best performance in the series after Infernape and Pikachu.
Lucario's functioned as an "ace" against two of the top 64 ranked trainers in the pokemon world (assuming all the best trainers are participating in the wcs). Does dragonite really belong 2 tiers above?

Other gripes:
-> Gliscor seemed like a pretty even match for paul's drapion and did much better than staraptor despite getting giga drained by ninjask. It also did well against torterra before it got special training, yet you have him at the lowest level. I'd have it at 3.3-3.7 tbh.
-> Poipole should be higher. It doesn't have many battling feats, but it's pretty consistently potrayed as a especially powerful entity throughout s and m, and it, at worst does the third best vs kukui. I also think it's telling that ash uses it for two of the three toughest battles in his alola run. Putting it with aipom is wierd.

-> Poipole should be higher. It doesn't have many battling feats, but it's pretty consistently potrayed as a especially powerful entity throughout s and m, and it, at worst does the third best vs kukui. I also think it's telling that ash uses it for two of the three toughest battles in his alola run. Putting it with aipom is wierd.
i agree naganadel is literally an ultra beast

Peakachu
Update: Sceptile and Charizard swap places, Incineroar and Dragonite go above Charizard
Lucario moves up to E4 tier, stronger than Blaze Ape but weaker than Ash-Greninja (for now)
Gengar moves up to the top of Gym-Leader Frontier Brain tier
Sirfetch’d and Dracovish move to the top of the E4 tier, with Sirfetch’d above Dracovish by a hair

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Lower Champion: Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape, Greninja, Dragonite, Dracovish

Upper E4: Snorlax, Krookodile, Incineroar, Naganadel, Lucario

Lower E4: Bulbasaur, Heracross, Swellow, Gliscor, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Goodra, Lycanroc, Melmetal, Gengar, Sirfetch'd

Upper GL: Squirtle, Quilava, Torkoal, Glalie, Staraptor, Torterra, Buizel, Pignite, Leavanny, Noivern, Rowlet

Lower GL: the rest

I'm very generous, especially with Team Journeys.
I'm sure we'll see more than a few threads like these pop up as the Masters tournament progresses, but I wanted to update my own thoughts on the top tiers in light of recent episodes.

Upper Champion: Pikachu, Infernape, Greninja (RIP A-G), Gengar, Lucario

Lower Champion: Charizard (headcanon), Dragonite, Sirfetch'd, Dracovish

Upper E4: Snorlax, Sceptile (also RIP), Krookodile (?), Lycanroc (personal bias, feats not found), Incineroar, Naganadel, Melmetal (personal bias, feats not found)

This thread is about Ash, but on some other notable trainers:

Iris: Dragonite and Haxorus can both scale to Lower Champion tier. Fingers crossed that both of them (and whatever her third is) get a strong showing against Cynthia.

Gladion: Once again, I'm biased. Silvally and Lycanroc both feel Upper E4, with Umbreon/Zoroark/Nihilego at Lower E4.

Paul: Gyarados, Garchomp, and Metagross can all be scaled to Lower Champion. We don't get to see Electivire properly in action, but I imagine both it and Torterra (as Paul's signature mon and starter respectively) are on at least the same level as them.

Alain: I'm sure I'll be back here after the next episode. The fact that Chesnaught and "Alain's third pick" are even being brought into battle against the strongest Champion in the PWC places them at at least Lower Champion. MCX is Upper Champion even if Leon's Charizard beats it without G-Max.

Last edited:

ZarudeSandstorm

If we talk about their JN powers then lots of them are champion level+ and aces are even stronger than that. Remaining weaker mons who don't train that much or something are probably E4 levels. So it goes like Pikachu > aces reserves > Mega Lucario > non acers that were portrayed strong in BF and DP so in JN they are even stronger > rest of JN team > reserves that don't train that much or even at all.